PDA

View Full Version : Game Ball Goes To....

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 08:29 PM
...Charlie Batch.

Like it or not, 25-36, 276 yards, 1TD, 1 INT is a GREAT game by the 3rd string QB

A lot of crow (Raven) to be served...

scudmissile29
12-02-2012, 08:31 PM
he outplayed flacco for sure.

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 08:31 PM
Suisham.

Rhys Lightning 63
12-02-2012, 08:32 PM
Sensational performance from him. I think an honourable mention goes to Heath Miller (as always). His awareness for that TD on the pylon was outstanding. One of the most under-rated players in the league

LevonKirkland99
12-02-2012, 08:34 PM
Batch the Pittsburgh kid

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 08:35 PM
Sensational performance from him. I think an honourable mention goes to Heath Miller (as always). His awareness for that TD on the pylon was outstanding. One of the most under-rated players in the league

Heath Miller just amazes me week in and week out. Most underrated player in the league. He's awesome.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2012, 08:36 PM
Suisham, Batch, Heath, Harrison on the strip sack, you can give it to them all!

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Heath rocks. He does the same thing every game and gets far too few accolades.

Suisham? Come on. You just cannot admit that Charlie had a much better game than most people here expected or thought he was capable of?

Big T
12-02-2012, 08:42 PM
It's great having a smart OC that actually uses Heath Miller. He honesty looks like Gronk out there. Monster.

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Heath rocks. He does the same thing every game and gets far too few accolades.

Suisham? Come on. You just cannot admit that Charlie had a much better game than most people here expected or thought he was capable of?

You can't just admit that Suisham is ****ing awesome? A 40+ yard game winner with no time on the clock is nothing to be shrugged off.

Rhys Lightning 63
12-02-2012, 08:48 PM
You can't just admit that Suisham is ****ing awesome? A 40+ yard game winner with no time on the clock is nothing to be shrugged off.

In enemy territory, with Cincinnati and Miami among others breathing down our necks only adds to the pressure. To make that kick was stunning

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 08:48 PM

Who shrugged it off? But comparing a kicker with a QB is absurd. There is a reason that most kickers go undrafted; it just is not as difficult a position as QB. A player that plays a handful of plays just cannot be compared to a QB.

BLACKandGOLD
12-02-2012, 08:53 PM
Batch for sure, gutsy performance. Heath and Shuisham did their part too

scudmissile29
12-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Suisham.

he would be my ball winner if ben or someone played.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 08:59 PM
Heath Miller......gets the game ball

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 09:00 PM
he would be my ball winner if ben or someone played.

Well said.

If Batch played like sh!+ like everyone said he would, Suisham never would have had an opportunity to make those kicks.

And to Steelersbabe, I called out the great play of Suisham WEEKS ago, so to say I am just shrugging it off is way off base. It is easy to do so after a game winning FG when you do not want to admit that the guy you have been bit#%ing about for weeks played great. Check out this thread: http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php/36598-Eating-Crow-(So-Far)?highlight=suisham

Steeler4life
12-02-2012, 09:02 PM
Mine goes to the Steelers!

North Steel
12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
:plus1:
Mine goes to the Steelers! This was definitely a team win:tt02:

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 09:06 PM
Who shrugged it off? But comparing a kicker with a QB is absurd. There is a reason that most kickers go undrafted; it just is not as difficult a position as QB. A player that plays a handful of plays just cannot be compared to a QB.

Really? I'd say kicking a huge game winner in the enemy territory of all enemy territories is pretty damn difficult.

Kickers are so under-appreciated. That's the most nerve wrecking position you can play.

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 09:16 PM
Top Kicker Salary: Phil Dawson-$3.8 million
Top QB Salary: Drew Brees-$20 million

Why do you think that is? Heck, even Tebow makes about $2 million.

scott0326
12-02-2012, 09:17 PM
Suisham has been money all season, he has surprised me a lot this year. Mad props to him.

And of course, props to Batch, I didn't believe he was capable of doing that and although he had a few **** ups, he won us that game with some clutch passes and his stats would of been even better if not for Sanders losing a fumble.

LatrobePA
12-02-2012, 09:18 PM
Batch!

Rhyno
12-02-2012, 09:23 PM
Batch, obviously. The hate for Chuck on this board is unbelievable. He shut-up all the haters this week. So, shut-up haters. Eat your crow.

elephantman
12-02-2012, 09:32 PM
Heath Miller......gets the game ball

If not for the extra Effort, it's 3rd and goal at the 2...what are the chances we get in on 2 trys...50/50 at best...Miller game ball for sure

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 09:51 PM
Top Kicker Salary: Phil Dawson-$3.8 million
Top QB Salary: Drew Brees-$20 million

Why do you think that is? Heck, even Tebow makes about $2 million.

I'm not saying that kickers are more important than QBs. They don't have to kick a game winner every game. But when they do I can guarantee that most teams would pay an extra few mil to have a kicker that will make those kicks.

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 10:01 PM
I'm not saying that kickers are more important than QBs. They don't have to kick a game winner every game. But when they do I can guarantee that most teams would pay an extra few mil to have a kicker that will make those kicks.

I agree 100% but...

...the issue is that you would actually give a game ball to Suisham instead of Batch. If most were told before the game that Suisham would kick 41, 42, and 46 yard FGs, they would have yawned and figured the Steelers would lose 27-9. If they were told that Batch would have 25-36, 276 yards passing, 1 TD (would have been 2 TDs and 325 yards except for Sanders), and only 1 INT, they would not have believed it.

Farrior Fan
12-02-2012, 10:01 PM
Heath was just a BEAST tonight. Suisham as usual was money. Our entire D played a pretty darn good game (except Troy...was he on the field??). Charlie had an incredible 2nd half. Dwyer had some good runs. Redman had a couple where he really gave 100% effort.

BUT, the game ball has to go to Cam Cameron. Ray Rice scores on a 30 plus yard TD, they were running the ball pretty well. They had a 10 point lead. And what does BA's twin do? Put the game in Saccos hands. LMAO.

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 10:02 PM
They are calling for the death of Cam on the Ratbird forums. LOL

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 10:04 PM
I agree 100% but...

...the issue is that you would actually give a game ball to Suisham instead of Batch. If most were told before the game that Suisham would kick 41, 42, and 46 yard FGs, they would have yawned and figured the Steelers would lose 27-9. If they were told that Batch would have 25-36, 276 yards passing, 1 TD (would have been 2 TDs and 325 yards except for Sanders), and only 1 INT, they would not have believed it.

Ok it may not have been clear enough but all my Suisham MVP **** is obviously sarcasm. A kicker isn't going to get MVP or a game ball unless he does something miraculous. But kickers don't get enough credit IMO. I would hate to play that position. If Suisham missed that kick everyone would be chastising him for the rest of the season. All of the guts and none of the glory.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 10:06 PM
I think Beachum deserves some credit as well today.....Talk about a tough first start vs the Ravens in Baltimore...I thought the kid held his won for the most part.....He looks to have a future with the team.........

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 10:09 PM
I think Beachum deserves some credit as well today.....Talk about a tough first start vs the Ravens in Baltimore...I thought the kid held his won for the most part.....He looks to have a future with the team.........

O line in generally was on point. Never really faltered too much on any pass play that I can think of.

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 10:13 PM
O line in generally was on point. Never really faltered too much on any pass play that I can think of.

Pass protection especially. Run blocking was not great but not awful either.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 10:15 PM

Yea the OL was solid but I liked what I saw from Beachum....He handled playing the Ravens in Baltimore pretty well....Plus a couple times the Ravens defenders were trying to bait Beachum into a penalty after the play and he didn't take their bait......Thought the kid showed nice composure throughout the game......

Farrior Fan
12-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Run blocking at first was terrible. But we found a way to open some small holes later in the game. Beachum gets mad props for his first start. I think he had 1 penalty and other than that I don't think he got beat all game.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 10:16 PM
Pass protection especially. Run blocking was not great but not awful either.

Early on the Ravens crowded the LOS and dared the Steelers to throw the ball and really that was a factor in no running lanes early on in the game.....Finally when the light bulb went off in Haley's head to start taking some shots down field the running game started to click somewhat.......

Clevelandsux
12-02-2012, 10:40 PM
charlie

Omicron
12-02-2012, 11:27 PM

And Maurkice for playing guard and doing a good job with the switch.

Real Deal Steel
12-02-2012, 11:51 PM
...Charlie Batch.

Like it or not, 25-36, 276 yards, 1TD, 1 INT is a GREAT game by the 3rd string QB

A lot of crow (Raven) to be served...

Love the taste of this kind of crow. :yellowthumb:

Real Deal Steel
12-02-2012, 11:52 PM
Our defense played it's *** off today. Really held us up. Really proud of how this team played in Baltimore.

LatrobePA
12-02-2012, 11:55 PM
Our defense played it's *** off today. Really held us up. Really proud of how this team played in Baltimore.

They have been! Our whole team is getting healthy which is a bad thing for teams we play!

Speeed
12-02-2012, 11:58 PM
To me. I never gave up. I cheered really hard. I cried. I think I stubbed my toe at some point, I can't be sure exactly when that happened. It could have been after I spilled my beer or before. I cannot recall, the emotions and action was intense.

Leaving me out, I give the ball to Batch. Miller did what he does, Harrison is back in partial top form which is what we expect, and Suishi is expected to make those kicks (not to belittle his skill, just putting the kick in perspective). Batch is third-string QB plaing against a 12,348.5 and 0 divisional rival who has not lost a home since Jesus was born. Batch went in and got it done.

Batch is the man. I give him two game balls.

SteelCityVoice
12-03-2012, 12:21 AM
Imagine if Sanders holds onto his fumble and goes in. We're talking a 300 yard passing day and 2 TD performance.

coldrolled
12-03-2012, 09:06 AM
Cortez and Worilds.. Good job...