PDA

View Full Version : Official "we love Charlie Batch" thread

Rhys Lightning 63
12-02-2012, 07:29 PM
WHAT A GAME BY CHARLIE BATCH!!!

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 07:31 PM
Nah, he sucks. Just look at the gameday thread and it is obvious. (sarcasm)

Farrior Fan
12-02-2012, 07:34 PM
you can go back and check. I was barely critical of Batch.

I PRAY we go into Bmore in the playoffs with a healthy Ben. Thats when the rats will learn what an azzwhippin is.

Rhys Lightning 63
12-02-2012, 07:36 PM
CHARLIE BATCH, WHAT A GAME!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
Thoroughly impressed with how Batch was able to adjust his game in the 2nd half. Had to have it and he delivered.

scudmissile29
was hating on him last week.

he played good today, my hat off to him and I eat my crow on this one.

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Farrior Fan,

I was not referencing you, at least specifically. There were A LOT of people on the thread bit$^ing about the guy even in the 4th quarter, when it should have been obvious he was having a good game. And he should have had at least another 50 yards and a TD if Sanders does not fumble.

It is sickening that people expect the 3rd stringer to be Tom Effing Brady.

LarryNJ
12-02-2012, 07:44 PM
After hitting the camera man instead of MW I never would have thought. Great second half, way to go Charlie!

It was awesome to see him hugging Ben after the game. Probably the biggest win for the Homestead boy, at least the biggest in many years.

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
He definitely pulled together and got the win which is awesome for him. Time for him to out on a good note though and retire after this season.

That being said, can Ben come back now please?

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-02-2012, 07:48 PM
If your on this thread and lovin Batch, shame. Somewhere on this forum, just recently I think, Batch was ready to be thrown to the sharks with no life preserver. Lol

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 07:50 PM
If your on this thread and lovin Batch, shame. Somewhere on this forum, just recently I think, Batch was ready to be thrown to the sharks with no life preserver. Lol

That was before he beat the Ravens! :lol: Steeler fans have short memories, ya know.

BLACKandGOLD
12-02-2012, 07:52 PM
I was frustrated with Charlie after that missed touchdown pass to Wallace at the end of the first half but he shut me up in the second half. What a performance, so proud of him and couldn't be happier for him. This win is going to give this team so much confidence.

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 07:54 PM

Look at the threads from last week. I was one of only 2-3 who voiced displeasure at the unfair posts regarding Batch even then. He did not lose the game against the Browns. 5 fumbles did.

The same with Lefty. Everyone wanted him drawn and quartered for a bad performance even though he had broken ribs. Ridiculous.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 07:55 PM
Well when the guy is 38 years old and stinks the joint up vs the Browns there is no surprise to question if the old man is done....Its a fair question.......He played a brilliant game no doubt today and took some shots which I was surprised he got up from....Come on I mean Batch once handed the ball off to Barry Sanders.....That is a lifetime ago in NFL age....lol But props to the defense for playing one hell of a game to.....And Heath Miller who has shown all season he is the MVP of the team......

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 07:57 PM
Look at the threads from last week. I was one of only 2-3 who voiced displeasure at the unfair posts regarding Batch even then. He did not lose the game against the Browns. 5 fumbles did.

The same with Lefty. Everyone wanted him drawn and quartered for a bad performance even though he had broken ribs. Ridiculous.

Batch did nothing to win the game vs the Browns either........The old man played great today still doesn't change the fact the Steelers do need a younger back up on the team.....Why carry 3 30+ year old QBs on the roster?.....That was my biggest beef regarding the QB situation.....

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 07:59 PM
Like I said, Batch had a good game today for a 3rd string quarterback and did what he needed to do, but I hope we don't ever have to see him on the field again unless it's to be a coach.

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-02-2012, 08:00 PM
That was before he beat the Ravens! :lol: Steeler fans have short memories, ya know.

Babe I know it. lol. I'm sure I posted my share of disgust to put it mildly. After the last week loss to the stains what else could anyone expect. No gamers in Vegas or anywhere else expected this win. It was from the heart they did. The old fashioned Steelers way (I wished to see that and did). Thanks Charlei. My apologies. We still have along way to go though. I think some younger BUs coming next year.

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 08:01 PM
Babe I know it. lol. I'm sure I posted my share of disgust to put it mildly. After the last week loss to the stains what else could anyone expect. No gamers in Vegas or anywhere else expected this win. It was from the heart they did. The old fashioned Steelers way (I wished to see that and did). Thanks Charlei. My apologies.

Speaking of, how much were the Ravens favored in this game? This has got to be a pretty monumental upset after the **** show that we put on last weekend.

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Batch did nothing to win the game vs the Browns either........The old man played great today still doesn't change the fact the Steelers do need a younger back up on the team.....Why carry 3 30+ year old QBs on the roster?.....That was my biggest beef regarding the QB situation.....

Third string QBs almost never "win" games, they play well enough to give their team a chance to win. He gave us a chance to beat the Browns after receiving no snaps since LaTrobe. If we do not fumble away 5 times, we likely win that game as well.

Asking more from a 3rd string QB is ridiculous.

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 08:04 PM
Like I said, Batch had a good game today for a 3rd string quarterback and did what he needed to do, but I hope we don't ever have to see him on the field again unless it's to be a coach.

Where did you say Batch had a good game? I saw nothing but complaining in the gameday thread.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 08:06 PM
Third string QBs almost never "win" games, they play well enough to give their team a chance to win. He gave us a chance to beat the Browns after receiving no snaps since LaTrobe. If we do not fumble away 5 times, we likely win that game as well.

Asking more from a 3rd string QB is ridiculous.

But Batch isn't your typical 3rd string QB....He has a ton of NFL experience......I'm fine with carrying one old backup behind Ben...But two?....That is my only beef......Plus oneday Charlie is going to run out of magic dust.....He keeps defying his age......Again I ask why carry 3 30+ year old QBs?.........

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 08:11 PM
But Batch isn't your typical 3rd string QB....He has a ton of NFL experience......I'm fine with carrying one old backup behind Ben...But two?....That is my only beef......Plus oneday Charlie is going to run out of magic dust.....He keeps defying his age......Again I ask why carry 3 30+ year old QBs?.........

With all due respect, you cannot have it both ways. Everyone spends weeks trashing the guy for having Moses as his Sunday school teacher, a useless old man, etc. and then when he does well it is because of "experience" makes him more than "your typical 3rd string QB?"

Asking for a young QB in the mix is a fair request but the above is not, IMO.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 08:30 PM
With all due respect, you cannot have it both ways. Everyone spends weeks trashing the guy for having Moses as his Sunday school teacher, a useless old man, etc. and then when he does well it is because of "experience" makes him more than "your typical 3rd string QB?"

Asking for a young QB in the mix is a fair request but the above is not, IMO.

But he isn't your typical 3rd string QB....experience does count for something.....My complaint about the Steelers QB situation is having 3 30+ year old QB's..........I was in favor of pulling Lefty for Batch in the first Ravens game......I rather have Batch then Lefty but I'm sorry Charlie did look done against the Browns...He played one hell of a game today.....Batch isn't going to play forever.......

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 08:35 PM
But he isn't your typical 3rd string QB....experience does count for something.....My complaint about the Steelers QB situation is having 3 30+ year old QB's..........I was in favor of pulling Lefty for Batch in the first Ravens game......I rather have Batch then Lefty but I'm sorry Charlie did look done against the Browns...He played one hell of a game today.....Batch isn't going to play forever.......

Reading. It's fundamental. I completely conceded that asking for a younger QB in the mix is a fair request.

I only criticized that everyone spends weeks saying the guy is way too old to play well and then when he does, it is now because of the that same age and "experience?" That is trying to have it both ways.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 08:39 PM
Reading. It's fundamental. I completely conceded that asking for a younger QB in the mix is a fair request.

I only criticized that everyone spends weeks saying the guy is way too old to play well and then when he does, it is now because of the that same age and "experience?" That is trying to have it both ways.

Whatever man...Jesus Christ.....Yea a typical 3rd string QB who has never thrown a pass compares to Charlie Batch who has what 14-15 NFL seasons under his belt?......That is what I mean when I say you can't compare Batch to a typical 3rd string NFL QB....The rest of the NFL teams don' t have 3rd string QB's with that much NFL experience....You were ****ing right about Batch so you want a ****ing cookie?....****ing congrats....

Big T
12-02-2012, 08:45 PM
Charlie didn't have a great game, but he did enough to win and that's all I could ask for. That miss to Wallace wide open in the endzone and that forced throw in the redzone that got picked by Reed had my blood boiling. Luckily we won, but it didn't have to be that close lol. Not to mention the 7 points that Sanders left out there.

But hey, we won... Not complaining lol.

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Whatever man...Jesus Christ.....Yea a typical 3rd string QB who has never thrown a pass compares to Charlie Batch who has what 14-15 NFL seasons under his belt?......That is what I mean when I say you can't compare Batch to a typical 3rd string NFL QB....The rest of the NFL teams don' t have 3rd string QB's with that much NFL experience....You were ****ing right about Batch so you want a ****ing cookie?....****ing congrats....

All I want is for you to see that it is illogical to say that Batch sucks because he is old and then he played great because he is old ("experienced").

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 08:58 PM
All I want is for you to see that it is illogical to say that Batch sucks because he is old and then he played great because he is old ("experienced").

I understand but again after his performance against the Browns it was hard not to think he wasn't done.....I mean yea the five fumbles were huge but again Batch really didn't to anything to show he wasn't done last week......I wanted Batch to replace Lefty in the first Ravens game so I did have more confidence in Batch then Lefty......I give the old man big time props for hanging in there and taking some big time shots and doing enough to pull out the win........

chisteeler
12-02-2012, 09:01 PM
I too was freaking out when he missed Wallace in the endzone, but I then realized that he hasn't played since forever with the first team, so i just sat back and licked my wounds and said a little prayer in hopes of a late come back victory. Low and behold, the old man pulled it out. The thing that I noticed throughout the game was his command of the huddle and his team mates had complete confidence in him. To me that was the determining factor to getting the victory.
Congratulations Charlie!

ChucktownSteeler
12-02-2012, 09:01 PM
Charlie showed a ton of heart today. That can't be disputed.

Clevelandsux
12-02-2012, 10:03 PM
I said I believed in Charlie. Of course he was rusty last week. But i like him better than leftwich.

SteelerCountry58
12-02-2012, 10:33 PM
I'm freakin ecstatic we won the game. Not much "love" for Batch though. He stepped
up and did a admirable job today,can't take that away from him. Pop the Geritol and
let's celebrate baby!! LOL:banana::clap::banana:

Rhyno
12-02-2012, 11:09 PM
Did everybody see ol' Chuck pumping up his offense in the huddle right before the two minute warning in the 4th? It was awesome! Loved him at Eastern Michigan, loved him in Detroit, love him in Pittsburgh. Hope he can coach for the Steelers after he retires.

Clevelandsux
12-02-2012, 11:33 PM
i liked his awesome block on the dwyer td run.

Rhyno
12-02-2012, 11:36 PM
i liked his awesome block on the dwyer td run.

Yes! That was great.

LatrobePA
12-02-2012, 11:42 PM
Sorry I doubted you chuck! You proved me and many others wrong!

K Train
12-03-2012, 12:36 AM
if we lost this game by 3 this would be a **** charlie batch thread...lets get real people he did ok, as good as you could hope from a 3rd QB of his age but he was still very shaky at times

steelchamp204
12-03-2012, 01:00 AM
You know, Whenever I recorded a game this year cause of work, the steelers lost. So tonight I forgot to record it and they one. Go ****ing figure lol.