PDA

View Full Version : If Pouncey does well at guard. Do we keep him there?

steelchamp204
12-02-2012, 02:26 AM
I really love the idea of Pouncey going to guard and getting DeCastro on the other side. I am passed Willie Colon and never really been a big fan of his at all. I also think Legs will do a great job at Center, whenever he is asked to fill in for Pouncey, he gets overlooked. I dont understand the hate with Legs on this forum, does he suck at guard? Hell yea. At center he is a completley different player. I think the line will be better with

Starx, Pouncey, Legs, DeCastro, Adams

than

Starx, Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro, Adams.

That is just my opinion. So, the question is. If Colon cant go this weekend and his injury continues to prolong him from playing. If Pouncey plays good and the run game picks up. Do we keep him at guard? Maybe draft a center this coming draft? Keep Legs at center? Just a situation to be put out there to discuss.

scudmissile29
12-02-2012, 06:02 AM
we will see.

Zachintosh66
12-02-2012, 11:14 AM
Legs is a joke... and Colon is a natural fit @ OG. Sure Colon usually gets a penalty or 2 but hes been pretty consistent this year. Not to mention the last year Colon was healthy (2 years ago) almost all on this board admitted he was our best Lineman (before any of our young guys were here).

Colon > Legs, everyday and twice on sunday

steelchamp204
12-02-2012, 12:42 PM
Legs is a joke... and Colon is a natural fit @ OG. Sure Colon usually gets a penalty or 2 but hes been pretty consistent this year. Not to mention the last year Colon was healthy (2 years ago) almost all on this board admitted he was our best Lineman (before any of our young guys were here).

How is Legs a joke at center? Just asking. The thing with Colon this year, is them 2 penalties which is pretty low in my opinion, always happen at the most crucial times in games.

SnakeEyes43
12-02-2012, 01:33 PM
Legs isnt horrible, he's a very serviceable backup center. But I like Pouncey under center with a healthy Colon at guard.

LevonKirkland99
12-02-2012, 02:02 PM

why Legursky is a joke? I thought he filled in nicely when Pouncey got hurt. Out O-line has been a disaster since 2008!

scott0326
12-02-2012, 08:18 PM
I'd rather have Colon playing than Legursky.

LatrobePA
12-02-2012, 08:23 PM
Beachum was $$$ and so was the whole line!

Omicron
12-02-2012, 10:30 PM
Gotta keep Maurkice at center and Colon at guard. When Willie is runblocking, he is a road grader IMO.

Rhyno
12-02-2012, 10:40 PM
Legs is a joke...

You keep on saying this, but it is obviously wrong. Legs stepped-in and played well yet again at center. I agree that he is not very good at guard, but come on. He more than holds his own at center.

That being said, when Colon is healthy he should play guard and Pouncey center.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-02-2012, 11:05 PM
The short answer is, my goodness no way! We're lucky that Pouncey is good enough to play Guard but he's clearly the best Center on the team. The sooner we can get Colon back and get Maurkice back at Center the better. Legs did pretty well tonight but no way I wan't anyone other than 53 snapping the ball.

OldSchool58
12-03-2012, 07:16 AM
I'm in the minority here but I actually like Legs being at center. Pouncey is quick as a pulling guard and low to the ground, just what you need to knock the snot out of an unsuspecting LB. Overall our O-Line was able to shove the ball down the Rats throats last night which is a good thing.

greg1964
12-03-2012, 08:13 AM
When Colon is healthy he is the starter: BUT:

I know it's only been a 1-1/2 games, but Beacham is gooking good at RT: next year WHO are the Steelers starting tackles:
Starks
Adam
Gilbert
Beacham

and at what positions

steelchamp204
12-03-2012, 11:56 AM
When Colon is healthy he is the starter: BUT:

I know it's only been a 1-1/2 games, but Beacham is gooking good at RT: next year WHO are the Steelers starting tackles:
Starks
Adam
Gilbert
Beacham

and at what positions

You can count Gilbert out. Adams has shown promise especially in the run game. I think Beachum will remain a backup until Starx doesnt come back or we dont resign, thats if Beachum can protect Bens backside or they switch Adams over to thatside in the future.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2012, 12:04 PM
I think Starks will be back next year.......I don't see the Steelers just handing a job to Adams, Gilbert to protect Ben's blindside........I never see Beachum as an LT and his best position still might be OG but it was nice to see him do well at RT yesterday.......We all know the Steelers always have health issues with the OL so they need players that can play multi positions....

As for Pouncey at OG........Of course he is best at center but honestly I want Colon to keep his sorry *** on the bench.....I sure didn't miss his holding penalties yesterday.......

Starks, DeCastro, Pouncey, Adams, Gilbert, Beachum all will be on the team next year........Foster, Legursky, Colon might not be back with the team........

Stairwayto7
12-04-2012, 10:51 AM
Once DeCastro comes back, Pouncey to Center

connecticutsteel
12-04-2012, 04:22 PM
legursky js a servicible as a back up center pouncey is a pro bowl center not a guard

LatrobePA
12-04-2012, 04:35 PM
Colon will be back this week and the line will shift back...

K Train
12-04-2012, 04:36 PM
legursky js a servicible as a back up center pouncey is a pro bowl center not a guard

i think pouncey would be an amazing full time guard, but center is much more valuable. sometimes i wonder if guard would be easier on pounceys ankles, but hes the prototype LG....super athletic, violent, and a terror at the second level.

Colon, Pouncey, Decastro is far and away the best lineup for the near future of the interior line

tburg68
12-04-2012, 04:43 PM
I would be perfectly fine without Legursky on this team. He gets shoved into the backfield more often than not, no matter which position he plays. Sitting Colon for Legursky is ludicrous. Tackle in the future will be interesting, because I have been less than impressed with Gilbert this year, but not ready to give up on him. I wonder if he is better suited for LT. Adams is the most talented T on this team by far, and will be a Pro Bowler in the next few years. I have nothing but admiration for Max. He is a stalwart.

K Train
12-04-2012, 04:45 PM
starks sure has come a long way thats for damn sure....not overly impressive but he does do his job.

colon was banged up, they didnt want to play him unless they had too...i dont mind legs as a backup C, as a guard in any capacity he is horrid.

again, i love me some mike adams. I see his struggles, but i see him improvement as well and his potential is absolutely undeniable