PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs' Javon Belcher commits suicide at team facility

scudmissile29
12-01-2012, 11:43 AM
It's all over the net. NFL.com, fox, espn, cbs sports etc etc.

Apparently it's Jovan Belcher.

Ravenous Rex
12-01-2012, 11:51 AM
Way to blatantly sensationalize. He shot himself at practice? Im hearing he shot himself in the parking lot at 8am this morning, not long after killing his girlfriend 5 miles away.

DBR96A
12-01-2012, 11:51 AM
As if this season couldn't get any worse for the Chiefs...

Steeler4life
12-01-2012, 12:02 PM
Doesn't matter who or what the deal surrounding it is, it's sad.

Get ready for the influx of questions if the violence of the game of football played any part in this. specifically concussions. I am sure it's already being tossed out there among all the speculation.

connecticutsteel
12-01-2012, 12:05 PM
is this a chiefs forum? there used to be aan nfl news section

steelchamp204
12-01-2012, 12:15 PM
Only person I feel bad for is the victim, not the player.

Big T
12-01-2012, 12:18 PM
It wasn't at practice. Teams don't practice the day before games.

Kansas City Chiefs linebacker Jovan Belcher and a woman believed to be his girlfriend are dead, after Belcher apparently shot and killed her, then drove to Arrowhead Stadium and shot and killed himself.

A statement released by the Chiefs said only, “We can confirm that there was an incident at Arrowhead earlier this morning. We are cooperating with authorities in their investigation.” But PFT has confirmed with multiple sources that it was, in fact, Belcher who was involved in the incident.

The Kansas City Star reports that the shooting involved a player who shot his girlfriend at around 8 a.m. on Saturday at a home in Kansas City and then left the scene and committed suicide at the team’s facility at Arrowhead a short time later.

Players on the Chiefs are gathering at Arrowhead Stadium today and being told of the situation. The Chiefs are scheduled to host the Carolina Panthers on Sunday afternoon at Arrowhead Stadium. The Panthers’ team flight has not yet left for Kansas City, and the NFL has not yet said whether the game will go on as scheduled.

The 25-year-old Belcher entered the NFL as an undrafted free agent out of the University of Maine and quickly made an impact, becoming a starter during his rookie season. Belcher’s off-field life had remained relatively quiet, and the news of this morning is stunning to the NFL world.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/01/chiefs-linebacker-jovan-belcher-dead-in-apparent-murder-suicide/

JensK
12-01-2012, 12:47 PM
Im speechless.. That is so terrible, no matter the circumstances!

ChucktownSteeler
12-01-2012, 01:23 PM
Terrible news, sad, two young lives lost and families altered forever.

Our thoughts and prayers go out to the surviving families.

C-town

Clevelandsux
12-01-2012, 03:27 PM
not sure what could prompt someone to do something like this.

jnes1216
12-01-2012, 03:35 PM
Thoughts and prayers from Steeler Nation

scudmissile29
12-01-2012, 03:45 PM
changed the title to: Jovan Belcher commits suicide infront of Chiefs staff

TarlsQtr
12-01-2012, 04:06 PM
Doesn't matter who or what the deal surrounding it is, it's sad.

Get ready for the influx of questions if the violence of the game of football played any part in this. specifically concussions. I am sure it's already being tossed out there among all the speculation.

He was 25 and probably too young for concussions to be a factor. My heart breaks for his infant kid...

Steeler4life
12-01-2012, 06:12 PM
He was 25 and probably too young for concussions to be a factor. My heart breaks for his infant kid...

I thought that too but with the way the league has been under fire over them I am sure it will be looked into in some way. He could have had plenty in high school and college. Who knows, just sad overall.

I feel really bad for Crennel and and the GM having witnessed him do it. I don't think I would ever be the same if I saw that.

BlitzburghRockCity
12-01-2012, 07:51 PM
So unbelievably sad that life can become so brutal that you resort to ending an innocent life and your own.

muncher
12-01-2012, 08:43 PM

the baby made out in this case

LatrobePA
12-01-2012, 09:48 PM
the baby made out in this case

I'm pretty sure NO ONE made out in this case. Don't be f**king stupid! The baby just lost both parents!!

LevonKirkland99
12-01-2012, 10:45 PM
This is so sad...our thoughts and prayers...life is so fragile

River Rat
12-02-2012, 06:48 AM
Just so sad. No winners in this. Thoughts and prayers go out to the families and Chiefs Org

Ibleedblk&gld
12-02-2012, 07:18 AM
I'm pretty sure NO ONE made out in this case. Don't be f**king stupid! The baby just lost both parents!!

This

Don't be a tool...there is nothing funny about the situation and suicide is a very serious subject, especially when an innocent child is involved

scudmissile29
12-02-2012, 08:18 AM
So apparently in Madden NFL 13, Jovan Belcher has the "trigger happy" trait. http://t.co/Rk0MA1eD Yeah, I think that'll be patched.

http://img.gawkerassets.com/img/1870ys4qjdj9fjpg/original.jpg

http://inagist.com/all/275090691590336512/

Stone
12-02-2012, 10:34 AM
I feel sorry for the girl, the families, and the baby!

We all need to accept what the average NFL players are and that is street thugs who are rich and famous.......a VERY dangerous combination!

Speeed
12-02-2012, 10:40 AM
I don't get all the rude comments. This is tragic on many levels. The Internet makes people stupid. If you can't say something to someone in person don't say it about them on the internet, especially if they are dead. Shame on everyone who made comments. I don't expect that from this forum. I have zero in common with this man, and I feel for him, his family, friend, and loved ones.

I think the players union needs to offer counseling whether it be financial, legal, or psychological for anyone who needs or is referred to it. Sad.

scudmissile29
12-02-2012, 11:44 AM
oh really, he is a murderer.

how about he shots your wife/mother or child infront of you and see what happens?

maybe it should happen so you know how society should feel and not paint him like a hero just as ESPN are doing with tributes.

Speeed
12-02-2012, 12:16 PM
Exactly. Tragic.

oh really, he is a murderer.

how about he shots your wife/mother or child infront of you and see what happens?

maybe it should happen so you know how society should feel and not paint him like a hero just as ESPN are doing with tributes.

steelchamp204
12-02-2012, 12:43 PM
I dont feel bad for the guy at all. I feel bad for his daughter and his girlfriend. There are plenty of different ways to go about things than a gun. Sorry.

Stone
12-02-2012, 04:22 PM
I dont feel bad for the guy at all. I feel bad for his daughter and his girlfriend. There are plenty of different ways to go about things than a gun. Sorry.

Exactly! I own and collect guns and I have a lot of them. I would NEVER use a gun in anger and I would ONLY use a gun on a human being if it was a matter of life or death to me or mine.

Clevelandsux
12-02-2012, 10:14 PM
bob costas just made a really good point at halftime of tonights game.

Rhyno
12-02-2012, 11:25 PM
We all need to accept what the average NFL players are and that is street thugs who are rich and famous.......a VERY dangerous combination!

You are kidding, right?

Sure there are some of these in the crowd, but it seems to me that the average NFL player is someone who is extremely dedicated and works his *** off to be the best he can be at an extremely dangerous sport. If you do think they are street thugs, then why do you cheer for them?

LatrobePA
12-02-2012, 11:45 PM
bob costas just made a really good point at halftime of tonights game.

The gun killed, yes! But the trigger needed to be squeezed! As an avid hunter and multiple guns owner, I don't blame the gun more the person with the gun in hand.

OldSchool58
12-03-2012, 07:10 AM
The gun killed, yes! But the trigger needed to be squeezed! As an avid hunter and multiple guns owner, I don't blame the gun more the person with the gun in hand.

Amen! I knew there was something I liked about you Latrobe, besides being an almost bigger smartass than me.:lol:

Seriously, no one wins in this situation. Sad day for many different families.

LatrobePA
12-03-2012, 07:34 AM
Amen! I knew there was something I liked about you Latrobe, besides being an almost bigger smartass than me.:lol:

Seriously, no one wins in this situation. Sad day for many different families.

Lol... It's a very sad situation..