PDA

View Full Version : pouncey works at left guard in practice

connecticutsteel
11-30-2012, 12:38 AM
Once again Willie Colon has a boo boo so pouncey worked at left guard in practice today Legursky will start at center if colon 's knee isn't better maybe ben shouldn't play lol it will be Starks/pouncey/legursky/foster-decastro/beachum personally i think if decastro is 100% i would move foster to rt tackle this is a total mess

LatrobePA
11-30-2012, 12:46 AM
Beachum may surprise some people.

papabaier
11-30-2012, 08:56 AM
Beachum may surprise some people.

i hope the surprise isn't him setting new records for holding penalties...
Seriosly tho, I think he will do OK. Need TE help on blocking, hit some short crossing patterns, run the ball well. It's not impossible to beat Ravens this weekend, just will be very difficult and demand Steelers play a mistake-free game. Eliminate the costly penalties and turnovers. The game against Ravens 2 weeks ago Steelers led all stats - but lost the game because of penalties and turnovers. Well, and Tomlin's crap decision to play an obviously injured QB. Ya, Batch may have been worse, but he was healthy.

K Train
11-30-2012, 01:40 PM
im impressed they are trying this

Zachintosh66
11-30-2012, 02:00 PM
im not... legursky should be selling insurance not starting in the NFL.

hope they use pistol or shotgun most of the time, otherwise Batch is gonna be killed by half time

Who will last longer Batch or Troy? #sadbuttrue

Rhyno
11-30-2012, 02:03 PM
im impressed they are trying this

Me too. I think it is a good idea. Legursky has shown he is a much better center than guard and I am sure that Pouncey is a much better guard than Legursky.

JensK
11-30-2012, 05:54 PM

hope they use pistol or shotgun most of the time, otherwise Batch is gonna be killed by half time

Who will last longer Batch or Troy? #sadbuttrue

In my opinion, Legursky is a capable center, but a terrible guard. Pouncey on the other hand could most likely play any position on the line and look pretty good. I think its a pretty good move to at least venture into the option of shuffling them around a little if its needed. After all, the only alternative is playing a 7th round rookie or forcing DeCastro in there too soon.

Nolrog
12-01-2012, 08:38 AM

Legs is a very capable back up center. He's stepped in a number of times and done well in that role, especially in the Super Bowl, where he played decent.

ChucktownSteeler
12-01-2012, 01:28 PM
In my opinion, Legursky is a capable center, but a terrible guard. Pouncey on the other hand could most likely play any position on the line and look pretty good. I think its a pretty good move to at least venture into the option of shuffling them around a little if its needed. After all, the only alternative is playing a 7th round rookie or forcing DeCastro in there too soon.

This pretty much sums it up.

connecticutsteel
12-01-2012, 09:20 PM
i think DeCastro will get some reps tommorrow

he has been healed for weeks

HUNT4SEVEN
12-01-2012, 09:35 PM
Legs is a bum simple and plain, if he is the center look for the rats to blitz us up the middle, i like Pouncey at LG if we can find a real center, can y'all imagine Pouncey and Decastro pulling at the guards positions next year? if we draft a good center or get one in FA next year i bet that Pouncey plays LG, anyway i can't wait to c pouncey play LG tomorrow

steelchamp204
12-02-2012, 03:17 AM
Legs is a bum simple and plain, if he is the center look for the rats to blitz us up the middle, i like Pouncey at LG if we can find a real center, can y'all imagine Pouncey and Decastro pulling at the guards positions next year? if we draft a good center or get one in FA next year i bet that Pouncey plays LG, anyway i can't wait to c pouncey play LG tomorrow

Have you seen Legs play center lately? He has done a pretty damn good job. he is a bum at guard. I dont understand some people thinking Legs cant absolutley do anything on the line. I think he's be gone by now.

The Lakelander
12-02-2012, 08:29 AM
I expect a blowout ... Baltimore will absolutely bring the pressure upon our O-line and the Steelers will be forced to keep Heath Miller in ... I would also expect to see double-TE sets from the Steelers, as they try to run the football against a stacked box ...

Batch really needs to hit a long pass early ... Wallace or AB need to burn the Rats deep very early in this one ... to soften up the box for Dwyer ...

Batch isn't as horrible as he played last weekend ... One more magical game left in him?