PDA

View Full Version : Right now..Where is your head at with this team?

Real Deal Steel
11-28-2012, 11:22 AM
I"m resigned to the idea that the season is over. I don't want Ben coming back risking his long term health. I want to look at the young guys;prepare our draft position and I want the front office to seriously consider using free agency to fill a couple of areas of real need. I want the front office to possibly contemplate a head coach change too. I just don't see leadership and accountability of the players to Tomlin. That's where my thinking is right now.

Where is your head at right now?

BLACKandGOLD
11-28-2012, 11:36 AM
I definitely don't think this season is over yet. There's a chance that a lot of key guys will come back this week but I agree that Ben better be pretty close to 100 percent if he's going to play.

I also agree that the young talent on this team and free agency can fill some holes on this team. As for Tomlin, I still think he's the man for the Job. In my opinion he takes a lot if criticism that Should be more targeted at the players themselves.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

cbrunn
11-28-2012, 11:38 AM
I'm disgusted with the loyalty to the older players at this point ...

you got Heyward and McClendon on the bench who the D-line seems much better when they're in the game, but yet they still go with the Old guys ...

Worilds has played great but doesn't see snaps cause they let injury prone Woodley and old man Harrison get all the snaps ... keep them guys fresh by rotating

Why keep all the Old Man QB's when we had decent younger backups??? ... Loyalty

how do they keep getting burned by putting Larry Foote man2man against a RB... no play should ever be designed where he is man2man on a RB

but all that said, they still got a chance...and if you got a chance you go for it, never fold ... especially with the way the D has been playing if you get Ben back your a Superbowl contender

K Train
11-28-2012, 11:44 AM
if ben can play he needs to play...same goes for everyone, like decastro. the season is not lost quite yet, the AFC is pretty weak

Goodfrom55
11-28-2012, 11:50 AM
I think the Steelers will lose this week (No Ben Factor), but once he returns, they will make a run, finish 10-6 and make some noise in the playoffs. Back when they were 1-3, I said they would finish 10-6. They get healthy, NFL BEWARE!

A better question might be where are the Steelers players heads at this point? What do they feel / believe?

LatrobePA
11-28-2012, 12:36 PM
Lose this game we finish 8-8, win and it sparks a run deep! Getting healthy at the right time is key!!

SteelCityKid5
11-28-2012, 12:43 PM
Our injuries have come at the worst time. If we could get completely healthy we could do damage in the AFC but I just dont see that happening. My nightmare, we end up 8-8 or 9-7 miss the playoffs and get a mid-low (17-18) draft pick.

LarryNJ
11-28-2012, 01:17 PM
I'm not making SB plans but the season is far from over because it's a weak conference. Once you make the playoffs we've seen what could happen with us, GB & Giants all getting rings. With a healthy Ben, and team in general I'd like our chances in Jan.

If Ben can play he should, if he needs another week give it to him. You have to trust the doctor. I laugh at some of the Tomlin bashing. Of course there's many things to criticize about his decisions and that's all fine and good. But some of the comments are just simply ignorant. I don't go for the you need a disciplinarian as a HC. Today's players are much different and need to be handled differently. Look at the CBA and practice schedules. They are pampered, being a screaming maniac doesn't mean that the players will respond.

Zachintosh66
11-28-2012, 01:28 PM
If were healthy (or close to it)... we can run with anyone

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2012, 01:34 PM
if ben can play he needs to play...same goes for everyone, like decastro. the season is not lost quite yet, the AFC is pretty weak

This......Plus as we have seen in years past its just getting hot at the right time and making a run in the play-offs......It depends if Ben comes back soon.......

SnakeEyes43
11-28-2012, 01:36 PM
I think we need a win this week, and then win the rest of our home games.

The season is not over.

Real Deal Steel
11-28-2012, 01:40 PM
Look,

Ben's injuries are so severe, he won't really be back until week # 15 or 16 of the season. So how are our chances not over??? No Ben, no shot. Who are you fooling??? Meaning we are looking at Batch for the next 3 weeks. The season is over!

I don't care if every other injured player comes back, without Ben, we are pissing in the wind that is blowing back in our face!

There is no **cking way we win 10 games.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2012, 01:44 PM
Look,

Ben's injuries are so severe, he won't really be back until week # 15 or 16 of the season. So how are our chances not over??? No Ben, no shot. Who are you fooling??? Meaning we are looking at Batch for the next 3 weeks. The season is over!

I don't care if every other injured player comes back, without Ben, we are pissing in the wind that is blowing back in our face!

There is no **cking way we win 10 games.

Ben might even play Sunday against the Ravens......There is no further risk to his rib injury....Its all about his throwing motion and pain tolerance now......Ben is the key no doubt so I agree if he doesn't come back soon the season is over.....I said this when Ben was injured and I knew it was more serious since Ben left the stadium for more tests........But it seems Ben is healing faster then originally thought so who knows at this point.....I guess I'm going to take the wait and see approach........

Real Deal Steel
11-28-2012, 01:50 PM
Ben is not playing against the Ravens. That is a pipe dream. He can barely raise his arm above his shoulder. The season is over dude. The doctors have told him it's a six week thing at a minimum. That talk of him playing this weekend is desperation talk from the front office. He will not be medically cleared to play.

But as bad as he's injured, do you really want him to play against the pass rush we just saw?

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2012, 01:53 PM
Ben is not playing against the Ravens. That is a pipe dream. He can barely raise his arm above his shoulder. The season is over dude. The doctors have told him it's a six week thing at a minimum. That talk of him playing this weekend is desperation talk from the front office. He will not be medically cleared to play.

But as bad as he's injured, do you really want him to play against the pass rush we just saw?

I guess we just have to wait see....I mean there is reports he is tossing the football....I will never count Ben out.....I know he is a warrior and wants to play.....Yes if he is medically cleared to play and there is no risk of further damage to his rib then Ben should play.....

Real Deal Steel
11-28-2012, 01:57 PM
Oh Ben should play? Like he should of played last year against the 49ers?? Really? Sometimes the cards are just against you and this year, that seems to be the case. We can't win with a 35-40 percent Big Ben. Not against the Ravens.

If Suggs catches him wrong, the injuries could be waaay more severe.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2012, 02:07 PM
Oh Ben should play? Like he should of played last year against the 49ers?? Really? Sometimes the cards are just against you and this year, that seems to be the case. We can't win with a 35-40 percent Big Ben. Not against the Ravens.

I really don't care about last year.....I'll take a 40 percent Ben over a 100 percent Batch......If any player catches Ben wrong when Ben comes back there is always chance of injury....Can't played scared.......If Ben is cleared and he can handle the pain then yes he should play....I'm done with this topic since I really don't want to get into a pissing match.....lol

SnakeEyes43
11-28-2012, 02:16 PM

Ah got big gums sir.

connecticutsteel
11-28-2012, 02:23 PM
i'm all in Tomlin my colouring books and all mother****ers all in to the super bowl bitches

coldrolled
11-28-2012, 04:15 PM
They get healthy, NFL BEWARE!

Im in on this. If the O comes back on the field and the defense keeps its status quo. We will be hard to beat.

It will be McDaniels vs Haley in the AFCC, which OC keeps the others offense off the field.

LatrobePA
11-28-2012, 04:43 PM
i'm all in Tomlin my colouring books and all mother****ers all in to the super bowl bitches

What the hell are you trying to say?

NeilPatrickBanana
11-28-2012, 05:07 PM
1. Still hoping Lebeau retires
2. Loyalty to vets is frustrating
3. Squeak into the playoffs only to get destroyed by New England or Denver
4. Looking forward to year 2 in Haley offense
5. Gotta draft some impact players on defense

Clevelandsux
11-28-2012, 06:12 PM
I don't think this season is over. If we get healthy, i think we could do something in the playoffs. If Ben comes back i think we'll reach the playoffs. If he doesn't, not sure we'll win another game. I think there are several players on this team that are not giving it there all. I think we are still a good team, but desemated by injuries. And very undisciplined. I blame this on the coaching.And they seem to play down to there competition and may only be motivated by adversity.I don't agree with people saying "the seasons over, sit ben". We may not be a high seed with a great record now, but as the giants proved last year you dont need to be.

River Rat
11-28-2012, 06:36 PM
I agree with Harrison92 big question is where is the Teams head at. I have no doubt we can make a run at it if we get close to healthy

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-28-2012, 09:43 PM
We are finished.

LevonKirkland99
11-28-2012, 10:15 PM
We might loose this game because of old Batch and his horrid play. BUT the Ravens don't scare anybody. Like Don Seibel said " can we beat the ravens, yes. Are we going to, no"

I really think Tomlin is being outcoached. Come on Tomlin, third consecutive loss to the rats....

LatrobePA
11-28-2012, 10:54 PM
My gut tells me we'll get healthy and start kicking *** but it may be too late!

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-28-2012, 11:02 PM
IF ,and it's a big one, we get most everyone back and healthy this team can make some noise the rest of the year. I don't think Ben will play this week, give him another week to get better. Can we beat the ratbirds with out him, not likely, but nobody thought we would lose to the brownies either.

connecticutsteel
11-28-2012, 11:45 PM
What the hell are you trying to say?

i'm saying i'm confident we are still in good shape for the playoffs.and i'm making light of someone's comment about i don't know **** about football and i should go back to my colouring books.i played 4 years of d1 ball so i'm just having fun why?

LatrobePA
11-28-2012, 11:47 PM
i'm saying i'm confident we are still in good shape for the playoffs.and i'm making light of someone's comment about i don't know **** about football and i should go back to my colouring books.i played 4 years of d1 ball so i'm just having fun why?

Just wondering, honestly had no idea what you were saying... Gotcha now!

Nolrog
11-29-2012, 07:40 AM
I"m resigned to the idea that the season is over.

If you look at the standings and playoff picture, you'll see that it's far from over. Really the only team we have to worry about is Cincy, and we have a 2 game lead on them (one in the standings, one for beating them head-to-head.) Miami is another game back at 5-6 and then there's a bunch of 4-7 teams. As long as we beat Cincy next time, we'll probably make the playoffs. And if we get healthy for the playoffs, we can still make a run.

86WARD
11-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Steeler can make it with a 9-7 record if they beat the Chargers and Bengals and the Dolphins don't win 5 straight.

sdurity
11-29-2012, 09:25 AM
Eternal optimist here. The Steelers still have a good chance at making the playoffs. You want to be in the hunt for the trophy. You can't just forfeit and fast forward to the draft. With Ben and others back, the Steelers are good enough to win playoff games on the road.

And, after talking with a few players in the locker room after the last Ravens game, they took the loss hard. These are not guys just drawing pay checks. They want to win. You won't convince them to give up.

sdurity
11-29-2012, 09:36 AM
Also, I want to see DeCastro get some experience and time with the rest of the line. Soon, I hope...

Real Deal Steel
11-29-2012, 10:11 AM
If you look at the standings and playoff picture, you'll see that it's far from over. Really the only team we have to worry about is Cincy, and we have a 2 game lead on them (one in the standings, one for beating them head-to-head.) Miami is another game back at 5-6 and then there's a bunch of 4-7 teams. As long as we beat Cincy next time, we'll probably make the playoffs. And if we get healthy for the playoffs, we can still make a run.

Looking at the standings right now means absolutely nothing. Because the season doesn't end RIGHT NOW.

Batch will be the QB for the next two games atleast. The season is over.

Clevelandsux
12-01-2012, 08:33 PM
just really sick of them playing down to there competition. been like this last several years. they don't dominate anyone anymore.

HUNT4SEVEN
12-01-2012, 09:41 PM
Our destiny lies in our own hands, i don't care either way if we don't make the P.O.'s i'm kool with that to,it will give us better drafting positions,if we do make the P.O.'s i want us to win it all...

Raleigh Steel
12-03-2012, 08:42 AM
after last night, this is really the first time all season i felt great about this team. look it, we lost some stinker of some games. no way should we have lost to the raiders and titans...i know we did...and we should have beaten the ravens and browns without ben! hell, even the broncos game in the opener we could have won...

IF this team gets healthy and on a roll, 11-5 or 10-6 is not out of the question. the division, while not likely, is still up for grabs.

the steelers can beat any team in the AFC, including the texans and pats...they can reach the super bowl!!!!!

and looking over on the NFC side, they don't have a team that is dominate. every team has their flaws and issues.

i hate to jinx this, but right now, the steelers getting to and winning the super bowl would not surprise me at all. WE CAN DO THIS!!!!

Real Deal Steel
12-03-2012, 11:53 AM
If Ben came back and could play at atleast 80 percent of himself, and we had no more big injuries, we POSSIBLY could do some playoff damage.

But that's asking for too much.

Steeler4life
12-03-2012, 12:06 PM
I have had a pretty good feeling about where they are at since the D started picking it up. I am not even going to consider Ben's injury a part of why we are sitting at the 6th seed and hanging on by threads. To me it's the 2 junk losses to Tennesse and Oakland early. Without those we are 9-3.

Add in the Fed-Ex'd gift wrapped win to the Stains last week and this team should be 10-2 with it's only loses to Denver and Baltimore.

After barely losing to the Ravens 2 weeks ago with a broken glass QB and then only losing by 7 after 8 turnovers last week, I have been looking at this team is coming together at the right time as long as they don't make stupid mistakes.

D is playing good, people are getting healthy. It would be nice to get the division and who knows but at this point all I am hoping for is to make the playoffs with everyone healthy. D has come around and Hayley's systems is clicking with Ben is.

Just get in healthy.

Real Deal Steel
12-03-2012, 12:12 PM
Man..that stupid Raiders loss is so freakin big now. D@mn...:evilshake:

Black@Gold Forever32
12-03-2012, 01:07 PM
Man..that stupid Raiders loss is so freakin big now. D@mn...:evilshake:

So does the Titans, Browns, but still the Steelers are in the drivers seat for the last wild card........