PDA

View Full Version : BIG BEN UPDATES

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-27-2012, 09:43 PM
The latest from Rotoworld: http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/249381/report-big-ben-will-be-eased-into-practice. Well, nice to wish ain't it.

terrible.towel43
11-27-2012, 10:29 PM
Annnnd he's rushing back. Dude's an absolute warrior, if we had of won either of the last 2 i think he'd sit

BLACKandGOLD
11-28-2012, 10:15 AM
Annnnd he's rushing back. Dude's an absolute warrior, if we had of won either of the last 2 i think he'd sit

I agree he is rushing back since we have no offense without him. I just hope he's not risking a even more serious injury by trying to come back so soon.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

Real Deal Steel
11-28-2012, 10:19 AM
I think he's coming back too soon. I wish he'd take another 3 weeks. The season is over; there's no need to risk his long term health. I'm resigned to the fact that we are not going to make it this year. Let's look at some young guys;prepare our draft position and contemplate using free agency to actually fill a couple of holes. That's where my thinking is these days.

LatrobePA
11-28-2012, 10:29 AM
We're still holding down a wildcard spot, he's gotta play! The rib thing was a ploy to buy some baby time. The shoulder is the only issue now!!

coldrolled
11-28-2012, 10:42 AM
I heard on ESPN the doctors cleared him to play.. the rib is a non issue now.

He needs to throw the ball and see how it goes. Then if he plays.. Throw the freaking ball out of bounds.. quit taking the hits... play for the next down for little Bens sake.

Goodfrom55
11-28-2012, 10:51 AM
I heard on ESPN the doctors cleared him to play.. the rib is a non issue now.

He needs to throw the ball and see how it goes. Then if he plays.. Throw the freaking ball out of bounds.. quit taking the hits... play for the next down for little Bens sake.

I read that as well. Now it is a matter of arm strength and range of motion.

LatrobePA
11-28-2012, 11:16 AM
I read that as well. Now it is a matter of arm strength and range of motion.

Compared to Batch's end over end 15 yard max dying ducks! lol I'll take Ben at 70%!!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2012, 12:40 PM
Compared to Batch's end over end 15 yard max dying ducks! lol I'll take Ben at 70%!!

I would take a corpse over Batch at this point......Old Man Charlie is officially done....I thought he was done for years but then he would have games like he did against the Rams last year so it was thought he could come in for a few games and handle the fort until Ben was back.......But after Sunday against the Browns, Batch is done......If he doesn't retire at seasons end then I hope the Steelers don't bring him back......

mcfly06
11-28-2012, 01:46 PM
We're still holding down a wildcard spot, he's gotta play! The rib thing was a ploy to buy some baby time. The shoulder is the only issue now!!

thats what my family said as well, he hurt his shoulder but the rib injury was a ploy for the baby!! i agree with ya..

mcfly06
11-28-2012, 01:47 PM
I would take a corpse over Batch at this point......Old Man Charlie is officially done....I thought he was done for years but then he would have games like he did against the Rams last year so it was thought he could come in for a few games and handle the fort until Ben was back.......But after Sunday against the Browns, Batch is done......If he doesn't retire at seasons end then I hope the Steelers don't bring him back......

Agree 100000000000000000% lol, we better get rid of him well we can make him a coach id like to keep around doing that or something in scouting, or something you know??

LatrobePA
11-28-2012, 01:48 PM
thats what my family said as well, he hurt his shoulder but the rib injury was a ploy for the baby!! i agree with ya..

I'm serious, they played it up too much and IMO tried selling it too hard!

TarlsQtr
11-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Holy crap. If we gave up like some are encouraging, we never would have won Super Bowl XL.

If you remember that year, Ben and Charlie got hurt and Maddox had to start against the Ratbirds. We lost and Ben rushed back to lose to both the Colts and the Bungles. We were on life support, and had to win the last four regular season games to get the 6th seed, roll through three road playoff games, and obviously beat the Deadhawks.

Furthermore, there is NO WAY Ben is playing without medical clearance. If his life was in danger, he would not be allowed to play.

People need to actually THINK before posting this insane BS.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2012, 12:51 PM
According to guys at CBS Steelers and the Trib, the issue will be Ben's arm strength now and the rib is no longer something that will keep him out. How true that is we don't know, perhaps another smoke screen by the team?

Ben will wear reinforced shoulder pads, with kevlar, whenever he does come back. Personally I'm still in the camp of letting him go one more week yet but we'll see on gameday what happens.

Steveo
11-29-2012, 01:24 PM
Personally I'm still in the camp of letting him go one more week yet but we'll see on gameday what happens.

Agreed, at this point winning the division is unlikely. Let him sit one more week, before making a push to the playoffs as the 6th seed.

SnakeEyes43
11-29-2012, 01:51 PM
Agreed, at this point winning the division is unlikely.

For sure, the division race is over. 9-2 vs 6-5, plus we've played simply horrid against AFC teams this year.
This team needs to be in survival "just make the playoffs" mode, like 2005.

steelchamp204
11-29-2012, 02:51 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8690852/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-pain-arm-strength-problem

Looks like Batch will get the nod again for the matchup against the Ravens on sunday. Ben says he is still in significant pain. I highly doubt he will play. Pouncey might start at guard this weekend also if Colon can't go.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-29-2012, 02:52 PM
The Steelers might as well not even make the trip if Batch is starting.....lol Unless the defense has the performance of the century and the Steelers win a 3-0 shut out....lol

LatrobePA
11-29-2012, 03:14 PM
Ben is drama I wouldn't expect him to hide anything! That said we're doomed this week.

Cricker24
11-29-2012, 04:04 PM
I just read that pain isn't the issue for Ben. It's his arm strength that might keep him out this week. You never know with Ben. That game against Cleveland last year when he sprained his ankle looked really bad and I didn't think he would come out the 2nd half, but he did. So, until Charlie Batch actually walks on the field Sunday and takes the first snap, I'm expecting Ben to play!!

Chris :tt02:

Troyisabeast_43
11-29-2012, 07:24 PM
I know I posted earlier this week the Steelers have no chance to win this game if Batch starts but I am starting to change my tune just a bit on that. I think this game is going to be a lot closer then people are saying. I think the Steelers are going to give the Ravens everything they can handle in this game. The Ravens fans on twitter and on their message boards are really getting arrogant thinking all they have to do is show up for this game since they are at home and never lose at home and since Batch looked as bad as he did last week and the Steelers lost to the pathetic Browns. I think the Steelers because of last weeks horrible performance alone will play a lot better and getting guys like Brown and Troy back is going to be huge for both the offense and the defense. I am not saying the Steelers are going to win this game cause as I sit here tonight I dont think they will, but I think it's going to be close and it wont shock me what so ever if the Steelers somehow find a way to win this game.

Speeed
11-29-2012, 09:46 PM
This is a trap game for the Ravens. Think about it.

Let us look at this from their perspective we do with the Steelers:

They are playing a severely depleted team. We almost beat them with a backup QB at with broken ribs. Their QB is a hot mess. They have not lost to an NFC or AFC at home forever. They have won at least three games by sucking hard and letting the other team beat themselves. If they win they clinch the division. They are ripe for the picking.

I hate the term "trap game" but I saved it for this. They have everything to lose. We have just a little bit to gain. I say we have a chance.

steelspikes
11-29-2012, 10:47 PM
Holy crap. If we gave up like some are encouraging, we never would have won Super Bowl XL.

If you remember that year, Ben and Charlie got hurt and Maddox had to start against the Ratbirds. We lost and Ben rushed back to lose to both the Colts and the Bungles. We were on life support, and had to win the last four regular season games to get the 6th seed, roll through three road playoff games, and obviously beat the Deadhawks.

Furthermore, there is NO WAY Ben is playing without medical clearance. If his life was in danger, he would not be allowed to play.

People need to actually THINK before posting this insane BS.

good post; agree 100%.

LevonKirkland99
11-29-2012, 11:34 PM
This is a trap game for the Ravens. Think about it.

Let us look at this from their perspective we do with the Steelers:

They are playing a severely depleted team. We almost beat them with a backup QB at with broken ribs. Their QB is a hot mess. They have not lost to an NFC or AFC at home forever. They have won at least three games by sucking hard and letting the other team beat themselves. If they win they clinch the division. They are ripe for the picking.

I hate the term "trap game" but I saved it for this. They have everything to lose. We have just a little bit to gain. I say we have a chance.

I get what you're saying, but the Ravens never lost at home since Dec 2010 ( against the Steelers). If we have a chance to win, we have to start fast and shut RR.

coldrolled
11-30-2012, 11:05 AM
Their QB is a hot mess. They have not lost to an NFC or AFC at home forever.

Its a conspiracy..... See... They have the head phones bugged.....

Zachintosh66
11-30-2012, 01:03 PM
Its official... Ben is out for Sunday

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2012, 02:52 PM
Yup, we all knew there was no chance he was going to play. The smoke screen that Tomlin was putting up was just pointless to begin with. Even if the Ravens say they were preparing for Ben they were just wasting time.

LatrobePA
11-30-2012, 03:22 PM
Its official... Ben is out for Sunday

It's official Charlie is dead! The ravens are going for the KO they'll be bringing the house this game, banged up o line and a 40 year old dust ball QB spells disaster!

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-30-2012, 05:06 PM
This ain't gonna be pretty fans.

In the old days under conditions like we have today the team would do something spectacular. Maybe not a win but, spectacular nonetheless. Kick Flacco's ***, you owe it to Ben and Charlie and all that have gone before you. You owe it to yourself!

The Raturds are never going to own the Steelers. Fear us.

DIESELMAN
11-30-2012, 08:46 PM
Whether they win or lose, this is the game of the season where they have to leave everything on the field. This rivalry has always been a bar room brawl, this game needs to be a "death match" where no matter how big and bad the Ratbirds think they are, they will leave the field with a lot of doubts about their manhood. Punch these bitches in the mouth on every play and don't let up, make em scared to come out for the next series. If they do that, I don't care if they win or lose, make those ****ers feel a lot of pain. **** it, a lot of flags and stretchers for the Ratbirds lol

BlacknGoldHaze
11-30-2012, 09:52 PM
"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
--Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
--Joe Greene

DIESELMAN you have the best signature on this site!

coldrolled
11-30-2012, 10:58 PM
Play the second and third stringers.. Save it all for the playoffs.

SnakeEyes43
12-01-2012, 10:20 AM
Play the second and third stringers.. Save it all for the playoffs.

We need Brown, since Wallace has his head up his little speedy ***. But I think Troy should sit one more week, especially since Allen has been playing very well. I'm afraid Troy's gonna get hurt the 1st quarter...

LatrobePA
12-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Speaking of Troy, this whole time he's been out people around the NFL have been saying he's done, too old, wore out! How many people out here think he's out to prove them and us wrong tomorrow? He could have the biggest impact in this one!

steelchamp204
12-01-2012, 12:18 PM
Hello, we need BATCH TO STEP UP. The backs not to fumble. Disciplined football.

coldrolled
12-01-2012, 04:29 PM
Batch needs to sit.. Put Hoyer in... Batch cant throw, the ravens are going to pin the ears back and stuff our run game again. we have no other weapon with batch out there. the browns did it the ravens will copy...

Troy better not play.. this game is going to be a waste of body parts.

I have no faith in Batch and this OL setup matched up with Batch......

I hope im wrong and we win... i dont see it or feel it...

Stone
12-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Speaking of Troy, this whole time he's been out people around the NFL have been saying he's done, too old, wore out! How many people out here think he's out to prove them and us wrong tomorrow? He could have the biggest impact in this one!

Our D is playing the best it has played in a long time.....without Troy!

Troy can only help if he is at full speed and agility i.e. 100 percent, and maybe not even then?

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-05-2012, 02:23 PM
Today's news (Source: Beaver County Times 12/05)

Coach Mike Tomlin said Ben Roethlisberger's performance in Wednesday's practice will be crucial to his Week 14 status.

Tomlin is going to make Big Ben prove his health. He wants to see him make throws without pain and display enough arm strength to get by. "We will see where the week takes us, particularly Wednesday," Tomlin said. "Once we get out there, it will provide some clarity for us and we will be able to make firm decisions." The Post-Gazette has already reported that the Steelers expect Big Ben to start Sunday's game against the Chargers.

connecticutsteel
12-05-2012, 03:37 PM
the pain level doesn't matter it has to do with zip on the throws arm strength

steelersbabex25
12-05-2012, 04:08 PM
the pain level doesn't matter it has to do with zip on the throws arm strength

Tomlin also said he made all the "necessary throws." So. Take that for what it's worth.

Real Deal Steel
12-05-2012, 04:11 PM
Let Ben sit for another week.

LatrobePA
12-05-2012, 04:17 PM
The chargers are playing for their jobs at this point. That could make them dangerous, if Ben can play and is cleared then he plays, it's that simple!!

City of Champyinz
12-05-2012, 04:42 PM
I don't know how i feel about this. It's obvious he's not 100%. Is it really worth it for him to start this week instead of next week? Getting back into that game mentality/condition asap would be nice, but id hate for his overall recovery to be hindered by coming back too soon (think the SF game last yr). I'm thinking long term (playoffs).

BLACKandGOLD
12-05-2012, 04:53 PM
The chargers are playing for their jobs at this point. That could make them dangerous, if Ben can play and is cleared then he plays, it's that simple!!

Completely agree with this. If he can play then get him in there. That way he can get any rust off and get back to normal. Chargers could be a little more difficult than we think since they are struggling so we need our best guys out there.

TarlsQtr
12-05-2012, 05:02 PM
I don't know how i feel about this. It's obvious he's not 100%. Is it really worth it for him to start this week instead of next week? Getting back into that game mentality/condition asap would be nice, but id hate for his overall recovery to be hindered by coming back too soon (think the SF game last yr). I'm thinking long term (playoffs).

We are tied for the last playoff spot. We do not have a cushion to spare. Imagine losing this game and then the playoff spot by a tiebreaker or by one game. If Ben is healthy enough to be effective, he needs to play.

steelersbabex25
12-05-2012, 05:03 PM
Need I remind everyone in favor of a Batch start that we just lost to the CLEVELAND BROWNS less than 2 weeks ago? If Ben can play, he plays.

Root4Stlrs
12-05-2012, 05:44 PM
After "positive" day, Roethlisberger nears return

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/positive-day-roethlisberger-nears-return-210441510--nfl.html

This article sounds positive, as it says, about Ben's return. Interestingly to me, he uses Heath as his barometer as to whether the velocity of his throws is adequate.

North Steel
12-05-2012, 05:54 PM
Ben get the fu*k in there and fu*k **** up :helmet:,in a good way of course.

coldrolled
12-05-2012, 05:56 PM
Now he may be playing the injury situation up a bit... he has to add his own drama... hes playing.. playing with the media.

Root4Stlrs
12-05-2012, 06:19 PM
We are tied for the last playoff spot. We do not have a cushion to spare. Imagine losing this game and then the playoff spot by a tiebreaker or by one game. If Ben is healthy enough to be effective, he needs to play.

You are right - we just experienced couple of years ago the scenario you mention. BTW your previous post about never giving up made me think of a line from one of my favorite movies - Did we give up when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

SuperSteelers
12-05-2012, 11:51 PM
Completely agree with this. If he can play then get him in there. That way he can get any rust off and get back to normal. Chargers could be a little more difficult than we think since they are struggling so we need our best guys out there.

I disagree because his rust could cause an "L". I would give him have another week of practice to knock some of the rust off and just let Batch start this game.

LatrobePA
12-06-2012, 08:44 AM
Now he may be playing the injury situation up a bit... he has to add his own drama... hes playing.. playing with the media.

This! Ben wants the "oh my" he's so tough look..

steelchamp204
12-06-2012, 11:36 AM

Yea because getting your rib dislocated at any severity is an easy healer. I guees he should have healed up the next day I suppose.

LatrobePA
12-06-2012, 12:31 PM
Yea because getting your rib dislocated at any severity is an easy healer. I guees he should have healed up the next day I suppose.

Lol you have no idea! Do you know you can pop your rib out sneezing or pull starting a stubborn mower! This I have done many times and my life wasn't in risk! All this was a cushion to cover the time off!!

LatrobePA
12-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Just read Ben will start!

Raleigh Steel
12-06-2012, 03:53 PM
Just read Ben will start!

The Trib is reporting it:

http://triblive.com/mobile/m/msports/3077271-96/roethlisberger-tomlin-steelers

LatrobePA
12-06-2012, 04:28 PM
The Trib is reporting it:

http://triblive.com/mobile/m/msports/3077271-96/roethlisberger-tomlin-steelers

Thanks man...

Root4Stlrs
12-06-2012, 05:35 PM
Lol you have no idea! Do you know you can pop your rib out sneezing or pull starting a stubborn mower! This I have done many times and my life wasn't in risk! All this was a cushion to cover the time off!!

Sneezing and coughing can cause injury even though they may seem like innocuous activities. It isn't easy to compare injuries unless you really know all the details. If Ben's injury was as described, it was a strange one. Most rib injuries aren't directly over one of the great vessels so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

LatrobePA
12-06-2012, 05:39 PM
Sneezing and coughing can cause injury even though they may seem like innocuous activities. It isn't easy to compare injuries unless you really know all the details. If Ben's injury was as described, it was a strange one. Most rib injuries aren't directly over one of the great vessels so I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Smokescreen my man, trying to justify him some added baby time off!

Root4Stlrs
12-06-2012, 05:43 PM
Smokescreen my man, trying to justify him some added baby time off!

Maybe, but he wasn't completely off the whole time. If he hadn't been at practices or at the games, I might be more inclined to agree with you. I'm also basing on what I have seen from him in the past - he seems more likely to play when he shouldn't than vice versa.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-06-2012, 06:36 PM
I still don't buy Ben faked his injury.....Come on he was hurt before the baby was born......Now question Ben's toughness....Dude has played threw broken noses, broken foot, high ankle sprains, took on a buick head on.......Only if Troy was tough enough to play through some injuries instead of missing most of the season with a sore calf.....

LatrobePA
12-06-2012, 08:10 PM
I'm not saying faked more like stroked! Come on man, they played it up too much... I have dislocated ribs as I type!

steelersbabex25
12-06-2012, 10:04 PM
I'm not saying faked more like stroked! Come on man, they played it up too much... I have dislocated ribs as I type!

Are you getting tackled by 300 pound NFL linemen as you type also...

terrible.towel43
12-06-2012, 10:18 PM

Are they pushing up against your aorta? When they lost to cleveland I highly doubt they went ahead and played out the injury further. And he's also wearing extra padding this week because of the injury. He wouldn't just do that for fun. You should probably think it through a little more

LatrobePA
12-06-2012, 10:24 PM
Are they pushing up against your aorta? When they lost to cleveland I highly doubt they went ahead and played out the injury further. And he's also wearing extra padding this week because of the injury. He wouldn't just do that for fun. You should probably think it through a little more

I did think it through dick! A dislocated rib freaking heals so fast it's not funny! Bla bla bla aorta, the hit wasn't that bad!!

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-06-2012, 10:31 PM
That little baby did a big stinky.

SuperSteelers
12-07-2012, 12:31 AM
I did think it through dick! A dislocated rib freaking heals so fast it's not funny! Bla bla bla aorta, the hit wasn't that bad!!

I with you bro. I think Ben isn't injured as bad as all of the reports suggested. I have had cracked ribs and no way could I do any type of throwing, lifting, or sleeping on that side for at least a 6-8 weeks.

Danger DANJ
12-07-2012, 01:45 AM
Here is my 2 cents...The rib injury was reported as something that could have cut his aorta when the injury happened and it was only Ben who mentioned that from what I've seen. Seems like Ben being Ben. However, I do believe he was in serious pain due to the shoulder injury or both together. Anyone who thinks it's a conspiracy to get him baby time needs to look at the fact Ben was at every practice and on the sideline of every game since the injury except when the baby was born. Tell me when he had any extra time?

Big T
12-07-2012, 01:49 AM
I with you bro. I think Ben isn't injured as bad as all of the reports suggested. I have had cracked ribs and no way could I do any type of throwing, lifting, or sleeping on that side for at least a 6-8 weeks.

No one ever, even once, said anything about cracked ribs. He had a dislocated rib that had the potential to hit his aorta. It's one of those injuries that's very serious initially, but not long term. People questioning the severity of the injury clearly aren't understanding that. Questioning Ben's toughness or willingness to play is absolutely idiotic. I'm sure he just loved missing the most important stretch of games this season.

terrible.towel43
12-07-2012, 08:59 PM

You also don't play football with the chance to re-injure it, on top of that his shoulder had to heal as well with his sprained SC joint. You can't use your experience and apply to all situations either. It's like if I dislocated my finger and said wow this baseball pitcher isn't pitching with a dislocated finger? I dislocated my finger and I was able to type on the message board the same day! see how silly you sound?
No need to throw insults, that's not going to make your point stronger...

terrible.towel43
12-07-2012, 09:00 PM

Actually you guys are making opposite points. You're saying his healing time should be longer, and latrobe is saying ribs heal faster

LatrobePA
12-07-2012, 09:04 PM
You also don't play football with the chance to re-injure it, on top of that his shoulder had to heal as well with his sprained SC joint. You can't use your experience and apply to all situations either. It's like if I dislocated my finger and said wow this baseball pitcher isn't pitching with a dislocated finger? I dislocated my finger and I was able to type on the message board the same day! see how silly you sound?
No need to throw insults, that's not going to make your point stronger...

Point stronger my sack! The rib thing was overplayed so freaking bad! I'm positive they twisted him and popped it back in at the hospital, couple days rest and that's a non-issue! You're right I don't play in the NFL, I don't make millions either but it don't take a rocket scientist to know Ben loves to play up his boo boo's... That's not a knock on him it's just the truth!

terrible.towel43
12-07-2012, 09:08 PM
Point stronger my sack! The rib thing was overplayed so freaking bad! I'm positive they twisted him and popped it back in at the hospital, couple days rest and that's a non-issue! You're right I don't play in the NFL, I don't make millions either but it don't take a rocket scientist to know Ben loves to play up his boo boo's... That's not a knock on him it's just the truth!

fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion, I just disagree.

LatrobePA
12-07-2012, 09:10 PM
fair enough, you're entitled to your opinion, I just disagree.

No problem and that's ok, I'm probably wrong but it's how I see it!