PDA

View Full Version : Mike Tomlin is listening

coldrolled
11-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers coach Mike Tomlin knows one player that will start in his backfield against the Baltimore Ravens on Sunday. He's just not sure who will play quarterback.

Tomlin announced Tuesday that Jonathan Dwyer would be his starting running back moving forward. Tomlin doesn't like backfield committees, and he's decided Dwyer has "consistently been the most productive guy" for the Steelers this season.

No one ran well in the Steelers' fumblefest loss to the Cleveland Browns, but Rashard Mendenhall just doesn't look 100 percent. Isaac Redman will back up Dwyer and Mendenhall has been dropped to third on the depth chart, according to the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review.

There remains a chance that Ben Roethlisberger will be the one handing the ball off to Dwyer against the Ravens
"Right now, Charlie Batch is our quarterback, we have other guys working and we will see where those guys are later in the week," Tomlin said via Steelers.com.

Those guys are Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich. Tomlin said the Steelers will leave the "door open" for Big Ben to play and that he's "got a chance" to suit up.

Tomlin also sounded positive about wide receiver Antonio Brown (ankle) and safety Troy Polamalu (calf) returning to the field this week. Both players will practice Wednesday. It won't be too long before the Pittsburgh Steelers look like the Pittsburgh Steelers again

BLACKandGOLD
11-27-2012, 08:31 PM
I am so glad Dwyer is starting. He definitely deserves the bulk of the carries compared to the other backs

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

LevonKirkland99
11-27-2012, 09:48 PM
IT 's about TIME Tomlin....stop this high school benching non sense.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-27-2012, 10:33 PM
MT it is your time to get this sorry *** team together. Prove me wrong. "Dwyer good".

SteelerCountry58
11-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Out of the four we had,Dwyer seems to be the type of workhorse we've been
missing. He's big/hits the hole well and runs determined. Use Redman and Mendy
for spot duty,screens and extra protecting during passing plays.

Real Deal Steel
11-28-2012, 11:24 AM
Tomlin has shown all of us a real lack of leadership this season. I now wish Cowher were the coach again. The players would fear Cowher and a little fear is a good thing.

Zachintosh66
11-28-2012, 12:18 PM
only took him a month...

coldrolled
11-28-2012, 01:20 PM
Maybe he is not learning.....

While Roethlisberger and Byron Leftwich both threw on Monday, newly signed back-up quarterback Brian Hoyer is still on a revved-up pace of learning the offense, and Tomlin foresees it moving in a positive direction this week.

“He’s doing a nice job of picking it up and right now I guess he could be described as an emergency guy, just not enough exposure,” said Tomlin. “Hopefully, that changes over the course of this week and I think that is a possibility.”