PDA

View Full Version : As long as the Steelers win the rest of their home games and finish 9-7 they will make the playoffs

Troyisabeast_43
11-27-2012, 07:04 PM
It's really as simple as that and here is why. Right now the only teams the Steelers really need to focus on are the Bengals,Miami and San Diego. The Dolphins have 3 of their final 5 games with San Fran and 2 against the Patriots so as long as they drop 2 of those 3 games and get to 8 losses which I am pretty certain they will do they wont be able to catch the Steelers. As for the Chargers as long as the Steelers beat them here next Sunday on December 9th that will put them at 8 losses and they wont be able to catch the Steelers, and as for the Bengals as long as the Steelers beat them here at Heinz Field on December 23rd and the Bengals lose one of their other 4 games either at San Diego,Dallas at home,at Philly or home to Baltimore which is most likely going to happen they will have 7 losses and like I just mentioned as long as the Steelers are able to beat them here at home even if they both finish at 9-7 the Steelers will win the head to head tiebraker over the Bengals because they swept them.

You can also say that the Titans who are 4-7 now and own the head to head tiebraker over the Steelers need to lose one more game to get to 8 losses just incase they would by some miracle win out and finish 9-7 they would own the tiebraker over the Steelers since they beat them. But there is no way they will win out seeing that they still have to play the Texans,Packers and Colts again. They are guaranteed to drop at least one of those games which would then eliminate the scenario I posted above.

The bottom line is for all those idiots in the media sitting there saying the Steelers playoff chances are dead if they lose to the Ravens this Sunday and fall to 6-6 dont have a clue what they are talking about. They can even lose at Dallas in a few weeks which is there last road game and have 7 losses and still get in at 9-7 as long as they win their home games with the Chargers,Browns and especially the Bengals who they MUST beat at home to make this whole thing possible. The Bengals have been playing better and have looked good the last few weeks but they still dont scare me and Andy Dalton has yet to beat the Steelers since he came into the league last year and has played pretty bad against them in all 3 losses. Ben Roethlisberger,Antonio Brown,and Troy will all be back by the Chargers game and will definitely be back by the Chargers game and definitely all be playing by the Bengals game. It's really that simple guys and gals. The Bengals pretty much need to lose one more game other then to the Steelers which hopefully happens Sunday at San Diego and the Steelers need to win their 3 home games and finish at 9-7 and they are in plain and simple....

Ibleedblk&gld
11-27-2012, 07:07 PM
word, I'll be at the bengals game on Dec. 23

coldrolled
11-27-2012, 07:17 PM
Ravens will lose to Cinci...

Clevelandsux
11-27-2012, 07:56 PM
word, dec.23 is my birthday

North Steel
11-27-2012, 08:02 PM
So do u sit Ben out this sunday? and everybody else that's not 100%

terrible.towel43
11-27-2012, 08:17 PM
word, I'll be at the bengals game on Dec. 23

Woo me too

Clevelandsux
11-27-2012, 08:40 PM
if.....

Troyisabeast_43
11-27-2012, 08:46 PM
Looking at the entire schedule for that week on December 23rd and the Sunday night game scheduled as of right now is the Chargers and the Jets. Dont be surprised at all and I am just throwing this out here now if the Steelers Bengals game is flexed to Sunday night football that night. This is that time of year where the NFL can flex the schedule and put the best matchups out there on primetime and trust me this one is definitely a canidate looking at the schedule that particular week. There are some terrible games that weekend and unless CBS blocks the Steelers Bengals game that day which is set for 1 o clock that game has a very very good chance of being flexed to Sunday night football if things play out like we keep talking about leading up to that game. It's a definite possibility...

SteelerCountry58
11-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Thats alot of what if's but I see what your saying. Yeah,playoffs are possible still but
do really truly see this team going somewhere on the road? This isn't the same team
from a few years ago. There is no magic dust left from that bag.

Ibleedblk&gld
11-27-2012, 09:56 PM
Woo me too

Where are your seats?

steelchamp204
11-28-2012, 12:29 AM
All they need to do is win 8 games and beat the bengal while winning two more. We'd be the 6th seed

scudmissile29
11-28-2012, 11:47 AM
OP needs to leave the forum, he thought we were gonna put a beat down on the rats.

Don't believe anything he writes

LatrobePA
11-28-2012, 12:06 PM
This could be the year in the AFC that a less than awesome record could get you in. But that is dreaming at this point. We're sitting on the bubble now and have lots of games to go! Lets get past this game then we can see what happens!

steelspikes
11-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Thats alot of what if's but I see what your saying. Yeah,playoffs are possible still but
do really truly see this team going somewhere on the road? This isn't the same team
from a few years ago. There is no magic dust left from that bag.

You know, it's all about who's healthy; A healthy Steeler team can beat anybody.

NYCsteelersfan
11-30-2012, 02:11 PM
Why would you want them to be 9-7? Do you really think this offensive line will stop Roethlisberger from being murdered in the playoffs? Do you remember what Denver did to us the first game of the season? Do you really think Tomlin can beat New England in a playoff game?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-30-2012, 02:53 PM
If Ben comes back I will always say we have a chance. The defense is playing well, AB will be back, Dwyer hopefully keeps the starting job. Ben is going to get murdered no matter what but at least he can adapt to a bad OL much better than Batch can.

TarlsQtr
11-30-2012, 03:02 PM
If Ben comes back I will always say we have a chance. The defense is playing well, AB will be back, Dwyer hopefully keeps the starting job. Ben is going to get murdered no matter what but at least he can adapt to a bad OL much better than Batch can.

Keep in mind that although the OL has been inconsistent, it has kept Ben pretty clean much of the year. A lot of things have gone wrong the last few weeks but there is still time to get back on track if we can get people healthy.

Ravenous Rex
11-30-2012, 04:56 PM
Looking at the entire schedule for that week on December 23rd and the Sunday night game scheduled as of right now is the Chargers and the Jets. Dont be surprised at all and I am just throwing this out here now if the Steelers Bengals game is flexed to Sunday night football that night. This is that time of year where the NFL can flex the schedule and put the best matchups out there on primetime and trust me this one is definitely a canidate looking at the schedule that particular week. There are some terrible games that weekend and unless CBS blocks the Steelers Bengals game that day which is set for 1 o clock that game has a very very good chance of being flexed to Sunday night football if things play out like we keep talking about leading up to that game. It's a definite possibility...

All depends on next few weeks. Could be RAvens Giants as well... A game I will also be at.

Troyisabeast_43
12-01-2012, 01:16 AM
If Ben comes back I will always say we have a chance. The defense is playing well, AB will be back, Dwyer hopefully keeps the starting job. Ben is going to get murdered no matter what but at least he can adapt to a bad OL much better than Batch can.Im with ya BRC as long as Ben is playing and a factor the Steelers always have a chance to beat anybody any given week. That's why sitting him out this week against the Ravens and making sure he healthy and ready to go for this stretch run the last 4 games is so important. I have no doubt that Ben is going to be back and playing next Sunday at home against the Chargers. If the Steelers do get on a roll here and win out to get into the playoffs these last 4 weeks going into January look out. The Steelers easily have the talent if Ben is playing and healthy to do what the Packers and Giants have done the last 2 seasons and what the Steelers themselves did in 2005 and that is get in the playoffs make a strong run and get to the Super Bowl and win it....

coldrolled
12-01-2012, 08:29 AM
SB can happen with all hands on deck.. We need everyone playing... We need to rotate 90 and 93 into the game too.

Can Hoyer run? Let him play the Ravens and just see what happens. Batch cant win it.. So why bother..