PDA

View Full Version : Part of the reason for fumbling

BLACKandGOLD
11-26-2012, 08:57 PM
I am by no means making excuses for why the Steelers fumbled 11 times yesterday but I saw a report on NFL Network that said a lot of teams are having fumble problems because they aren't having much contact in practice. Most teams are trying to save guys' legs and keep them healthy and that is hurting their ball skills. So when they get to the game even the slightest contact is knocking the ball loose. Do you guys think that its part of the reason for our turnover problems? We certainly aren't the only team with this problem so there has to be some credibility to it

LevonKirkland99
11-26-2012, 09:06 PM
Tomlin doesn't know how to pick a RB or he can't make up his mind. Pick a running back and stick with him.

Clevelandsux
11-26-2012, 09:57 PM
tomlin's coaching decisions, eniy, meany,miney, mo

ChucktownSteeler
11-26-2012, 10:00 PM
Or in Mendy's case, the reason for fumbling is carrying the ball low and loose.

BLACKandGOLD
11-26-2012, 10:28 PM
Or in Mendy's case, the reason for fumbling is carrying the ball low and loose.

I've always hated how he carried the ball

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

Clevelandsux
11-26-2012, 11:15 PM
Like i said i was at the game, it was not slick, snowy or rainy. Lack of fundamentals and discipline.

LatrobePA
11-26-2012, 11:28 PM
Reason: Lack of mental preparation!

ChucktownSteeler
11-27-2012, 07:52 AM
Like i said i was at the game, it was not slick, snowy or rainy. Lack of fundamentals and discipline.

This says a lot!

coldrolled
11-27-2012, 08:11 AM
Really Dwyer should have carried the ball 35 times. who cares if he fumbled.... We needed a win...

Goodfrom55
11-27-2012, 08:46 AM
Bettis almost never fumbled and for the better part of his career, he was a battering ram. Mendy carries the ball low and loose, as mentioned. A few years ago, Tiki Barber had fumbling issues and he then went to the high and tight against his chest and became very respobsible with the ball.

I for one, agree that the lack of contact in practice has led to guys not being in football shape. . .cardio shape yes, football shape, no.

Real Deal Steel
11-27-2012, 12:27 PM
Tomlin doesn't know how to pick a RB or he can't make up his mind. Pick a running back and stick with him.

That's called, " Lack of leadership" from Tomlin.