PDA

View Full Version : Playoff push!

jtretz
11-26-2012, 07:45 PM
I don't know about you guys but I think we should rest all players that are even a little banged up when we play the Ravens on Sunday afternoon. My reasoning: The division is gone! Let's get into the playoffs! If we rest everyone like I said we will probably lose to the Ravens. So we will be 6-6. Then go all in for the 4 remaining games. All will be at home except the Cowgirls. We finish 10-6 (if we don't blow the Cowgirl game) and make the playoffs as a wild card. I know that route will be tough in the playoffs but we play better when we are underdogs!

Clevelandsux
11-26-2012, 08:05 PM
I'm for winning everygame. Understand your logic, but i think we desperartely need a W right now.

ChucktownSteeler
11-26-2012, 08:47 PM
We have quite a few AFC losses. Hard to win a tiebreaker.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2012, 09:21 PM
Been thinking about this today and it has serious logic to it. Obviously you don't throw a game intentionally but resting guys who are on the cusp of coming back, so they are full strength (or close to it)for the last 4 games has merit.

What if you start all these guys and they get injured again or have a setback? Then we're really screwed when we have to win. I want nothing more than to beat the Ravens in their house but the bigger picture is at stake.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

elephantman
11-26-2012, 09:26 PM
I don't know about you guys but I think we should rest all players that are even a little banged up when we play the Ravens on Sunday afternoon. My reasoning: The division is gone! Let's get into the playoffs! If we rest everyone like I said we will probably lose to the Ravens. So we will be 6-6. Then go all in for the 4 remaining games. All will be at home except the Cowgirls. We finish 10-6 (if we don't blow the Cowgirl game) and make the playoffs as a wild card. I know that route will be tough in the playoffs but we play better when we are underdogs!

^ absolutely...why we are panicing IDK as without your franchise QB, you cant win, that goes for all the AFC contenders NE, Dev, Hou, Balt....(remember colts last yr?) ..so we lose next week and win out last 4 with easy schedule and Ben and A. brown back (maybe even troy ) , even if we lose at Dallas, we win division at 9-7 with tiebreaker to Bengels who are the ONLY other team fighting for 6 seed and they will lose at Balt too...so we need to win 3 of 5...but cinci game is a must

Im not a homer, but I love the way the D has been playing, and we might just be very healthy come Jan though i know their wont be any easy games, but I honeslty am feeling good.....and btw, does anyone think the loss of A brown is bigger than we think?.....when he's back we gonna be tough to beat with our dominating D, yes i said that , our D is playing well, we'll be their in Jan, im not scared at all, 4real

Troyisabeast_43
11-26-2012, 09:53 PM
We have quite a few AFC losses. Hard to win a tiebreaker.

The only team you are going to need to win a tiebraker over is the Bengals at this point since they are the only team in contention. So even if you lose this Sunday in Baltimore and even if you lose in Dallas as long as you win the games at home against the Chargers,Bengals,and Browns and the Bengals lose at least one of their other remaining games to either San Diego,Dallas,Philly or Baltimore which they definitely will do and finish at 9-7 you will win the head to head over the Bengals and get in as the 6 seed. The Dolphins are 5-6 and are the next closest team but they play the Patriots and Niners the next 2 weeks and that should put them at 5-8 right there and done, and the Chargers who are 4-7 play the Bengals this week and even if they win and get to 5-7 as long as you beat them at home the following week you eliminate them as well.

I said this last night that I also wouldnt risk playing Ben this week and give him one more full week to get healthy and I think he definitely comes back healthy for the San Diego game in 2 weeks. If Ben comes back by that Chargers game and is good to go even if we lose in Baltimore next Sunday I have no doubt in my mind that the Steelers will at least win 3 out of their last 4 and get into the playoffs.

Goodfrom55
11-27-2012, 07:49 AM
I'm for winning everygame. Understand your logic, but i think we desperartely need a W right now.

They're paid to play. Without Ben, I don't think the Steelers have a great chance of winning on Sunday, and I would rather keep him out one more game and bring him back after the Raven game so he is good and ready to deliver us from mediocrity. However, if they medically clear him to play this week, then he should play.

10-6 will certainly lock up a wildcard in the AFC, and a 9-7 might get the job done as well.

Steveo
11-27-2012, 08:23 AM
Heard a similar belief on SIRIUS NFL Radio, I believe it was Jim Miller who basically said the same thing. The other belief is there are only 3 teams that have a shot at a wildcard slot, US, Colts, and Bengals. The belief is if we loose to the Ravens, and then win out it will be US and the Colts.

steelchamp204
11-27-2012, 12:39 PM
If we can get to 8-8 Im sure we will be the 6th seed