PDA

View Full Version : Jason Worilds needs more playing time !!!

NorCalSteel
11-26-2012, 06:13 PM
I know allot of people on here call him a bust(which is ignorant) he has 5 sacks, leads the team with fewer snaps then most. he also is knocking people around in the run and pass game. It is nice to see a little QB pressure and hits !! I think he has earned some more reps.

steelchamp204
11-26-2012, 06:36 PM
Same could be said with McClendon easily. It just doesnt seem like our front 7 is flying to the qb anymore. Not saying Woodley is slow or Harrison. Just seems to take forever anymore to get to the qb.

LatrobePA
11-26-2012, 07:01 PM
Might not have a choice depending on Wood..

coldrolled
11-26-2012, 07:19 PM
90 and 93 really look like they need to play more... but who knows what keeps them off the field. look what keeps dwyer and mendy off the field in a crucial game with a no passing QB.. Stubborn stuff from MT maybe

steelchamp204
11-26-2012, 07:36 PM
Anyone see hampton play the past couple weeks. When he comes off the ball, the guard stops him and then its like Hampton just says "**** it". No push at all.

Clevelandsux
11-26-2012, 07:42 PM
I was at the game not far from Steelers bench. Casey could barely make it back to the sidelines. Woirlds hadn't shown much, but he played well sunday. Wanna see more from cam heyward too.

Nolrog
11-27-2012, 07:28 AM
I know allot of people on here call him a bust(which is ignorant) he has 5 sacks, leads the team with fewer snaps then most. he also is knocking people around in the run and pass game. It is nice to see a little QB pressure and hits !! I think he has earned some more reps.

Yeah, he's a great player. Borderline hall of famer.

For a guy who had 1 good game in 3 years, yeah, that's not a bust.

/smh

UKSTEELER
11-27-2012, 07:31 AM
another season of waiting for Woodley to show up and earn his money sails by . . low and behold, he gets replaced when injured and Worilds looks better than Woodley has all season long.

Woodley is the bust.

K Train
11-27-2012, 12:18 PM
jesus...one game and this guy needs more playing time while another guy needs to be cut

SnakeEyes43
11-27-2012, 12:24 PM
jesus...one game and this guy needs more playing time while another guy needs to be cut

It's not one game, he was looking better last year too. Injuries have been a factor, but when healthy, he is looking decent at least. He needs more playing time to determine if he is a starter in the NFL. People, myself included, are just happy to see him contributing and making some plays.

A lot of people gave up on Lewis too....I stuck by him and defended him a few times on this forum. Now those people are pretty much silent, or they are posting that they "love" Lewis now.

scudmissile29
11-27-2012, 04:33 PM
I think Woodleys good but he's overrated.

scott0326
11-27-2012, 04:36 PM
Woodley's doubtful Sunday, so Worilds will definitely be getting more play time.

NorCalSteel
11-27-2012, 07:18 PM

And one from the drama queen..in no way did I say anybody should get cut..I said he needs more playing time..it isn't one game he leads the team in sacks this year...try watching a game from time to time...

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2012, 02:28 AM
So just because come of us are not all over Worilds nuts we don't watch the games or are D-Bags?....lol Great Worilds leads the team with 5 sacks........Sorry if I'm not jumping through hoops because of that........I will say this that Worilds looks better at LOLB then ROLB........But still he had a nice coverage sack on Sunday.......He made some nice plays against the run and seems to improved in that area.....But he is more Clark Haggans then Joey Porter/James Harrison......

Big T
11-28-2012, 03:23 AM
3 of Worilds 5 sacks he was 100% unblocked. Could be 4, but I am 100% sure about 3. It doesn't take a genius to run a straight line.

JensK
11-28-2012, 08:31 AM
3 of Worilds 5 sacks he was 100% unblocked. Could be 4, but I am 100% sure about 3. It doesn't take a genius to run a straight line.

I am no Worilds fan at all, but the how he got his sacks hardly matters. The fact is that he is getting to the QB as well as any OLB we have on the team right now. Thats pretty worrisome for sure, but its the facts nevertheless. If he finds a way to get sacks, he should play because Harrison and Woodley are not.

SnakeEyes43
11-28-2012, 09:26 AM
It doesn't take a genius to run a straight line.

He isn't left unblocked every time he gets a sack, he has some moves and speed to get free. He doesn't blindly bullrush every.single.play.

And for people who keep saying he is getting "coverage sacks". Stop. Almsot 90 percent of sacks in the NFL are "coverage sacks". The coverage is good, the QB hesitates and is sacked...that's the NFL. Harrison and Woodley get plenty of coverage sacks too, but you like them so you don't call them coverage sacks.

Oh and I agree with the Haggans comparison. That's spot on. I don't defend Worilds because he's my favorite player, or I think he's going to be an NFL great, but I hate how people won't admit that he is playing better and may not be the "bust" so many people labeled him. Maybe he will get hurt again next week and I'll eat some crow, that's fine. But at least admit he's looking improved. This reminds me so much of the "bust" label Lewis had for a few years; now look.

BLACKandGOLD
11-28-2012, 09:36 AM
He is definitely not a bust. Give the guy more play time and allow him to gain experience. He is improving every single time he's out there.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

NorCalSteel
11-28-2012, 09:46 AM
No the reason some of you are douche bags and drama queens is the smart *** attitude you bring to a open topic people are discussing in a friendly manner...get it straight. I could careless if you agree with what I posted,but if you want to come in with a haters attitude I am just the guy to set the record straight you should know that by now.

K Train
11-28-2012, 11:00 AM
you are the one name calling lol

LatrobePA
11-28-2012, 11:31 AM
Why is it some people think calling other people (men) a douche bag is so offensive? You do know what a douche bag is right???

Big T
11-28-2012, 01:15 PM
I've been trying to find video of each of his three completely unblocked sacks this season (Denver, Philly, Tennessee), but I could only find the Denver one. Running straight is tough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xl8JdX2ur4

SnakeEyes43
11-28-2012, 02:14 PM
I've been trying to find video of each of his three completely unblocked sacks this season (Denver, Philly, Tennessee), but I could only find the Denver one. Running straight is tough.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xl8JdX2ur4

Love it! Nice closing speed!!!!

I know you were trying to prove a point with the vid, but i'm trying to use it against you, haha.
Just kidding, but yeah he has been left unblocked a few times, but a sack is a sack. That's all I care about, take advantage of what is given to you. He is looking better this year and has improved against the run as well.

coldrolled
11-28-2012, 04:20 PM
we are picking on the kinda sack?? thats like picking on the kinda fumble sunday.. the rainey one vs the Mendy one...

Worilds is fast and siezes the opportunities. He closes fast and hits hard. if hes 100% let him play..

Woodley, Harrison and Foote have a lot of film on them running after people while slowly losing ground on them.. Can you get some film on all those chase scenes....

BlitzburghRockCity
11-29-2012, 01:57 PM
Worilds is benefiting from the double teams and extra attention that Harrison gets. There's nothing wrong with that, take the pressures and sacks any way you can get them. It's his run stopping ability that is questionable, he tends to get swallowed up before he can set the edge and force the ball carrier back inside, or delay going outside for a second to give the rest of the defense time to flow to the play.

steelchamp204
11-29-2012, 01:58 PM
Get Jarvis Jones

K Train
11-29-2012, 02:46 PM
jarvis jones would be soooo good in that role

steelchamp204
11-29-2012, 03:24 PM
jarvis jones would be soooo good in that role

It could happen, I doubt it. But possible.

Nolrog
11-29-2012, 04:15 PM
Get Jarvis Jones

I'd rather have January Jones.