PDA

View Full Version : It's time for Tomlin to pick a starting RB

Raleigh Steel
11-26-2012, 02:13 PM
So all 4 of our backs fumbled! Ok, time to move on. And time to pick a true starter, and fill in the depth chart and define everyone's role.

Right now we can argue about who should start, and that makes for good conversation, but tomlin is not helping anyone by playing this sort of revolving door, don't f**k up mentality.

Pick your starter. Tell him he is the man! Pick your backup and define his role, be it spelling the starter, getting every third series, etc...Then slot your third guy and define his role!

Training camp is long gone. Tomlin should know what he has with these guys and where they should be playing. Time for him to be the HEAD COACH and make a decision! If he doesn't, we could very well see a similar performance again and again!

FlatsSteeler
11-26-2012, 02:24 PM
I agree but I would also like to see the Rooneys Pick a real Head Coach not some quip quoting Bafoon who screws up every Game Day.....

Black@Gold Forever32
11-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Would be nice if one of the RBs would actually show on a consistent basis that they're an NFL starting RB....Redman is nothing more then a role player and always will be....He will have his moments like against the Giants but I don't ever see him being a 16 game starting RB at the NFL level....Dwyer has showed some ability and had some nice games this year but he also has games like yesterday......Said last year that Mendenhall wouldn't receive contract number 2 from the Steelers and I highly doubt he will be resigned....Honestly I wish they would just cut him now.....Rainey is fast and could be a nice role player but he will never be an NFL starting RB........

steelchamp204
11-26-2012, 02:39 PM
It'd be nice to see the line make some holes for the backs to run through. The Oline is a bigg issue some people like to ignore.

LatrobePA
11-26-2012, 02:57 PM
This team was so unprepared it wasn't funny! I guess they thought the browns were just going to hand over a W because we needed it! lol at that!

Real Deal Steel
11-26-2012, 04:14 PM
It'd be nice to see the line make some holes for the backs to run through. The Oline is a bigg issue some people like to ignore.

Yeah..the O-line took a step back in that game. No doubt. But I thought Tomlin did pick a starter last week. He choose Mendy. And Mendy dissapointed.

Are you saying that Tomlin needs to commit to one RB as the starter the rest of the season? If so, I'm down for that. But the problem is that he doesn't want to say Dwyer because it would hurt Mendy's itty, bitty feelings. :rolleyes:

steelchamp204
11-26-2012, 04:18 PM
Yeah..the O-line took a step back in that game. No doubt. But I thought Tomlin did pick a starter last week. He choose Mendy. And Mendy dissapointed.

Are you saying that Tomlin needs to commit to one RB as the starter the rest of the season? If so, I'm down for that. But the problem is that he doesn't want to say Dwyer because it would hurt Mendy's itty, bitty feelings. :rolleyes:

I still say go with Mendenhall/Dwyer. Do about 60/40 for carries so they are about even. I like Redman but only as a 3 back. Whenever I see Rainey in the game running behind the pathetic line we have, I think he is going to get smashed every single play, which was the case yesterday. Right now it has to be consistant of some sort of rotation. I really believe Mendenhall will be back next season for some odd reason. He isnt going to be paid much but I do believe he will be back. It'd be nice if Tomlin and the other assistant coaches would teach these guys how to tuck the ball up high and tight, like Tiki Barber.

scudmissile29
11-26-2012, 04:20 PM
MeNdenhall ****ing sucks.

Bring on DA BEAST DWYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

DWYERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Raleigh Steel
11-26-2012, 04:24 PM
i think the o-line deserves to know who's running behind them as well. they certainly block differently when 34 is in there. 27 and 33 have very similar styles which, i believe, are better suited to our o-line.

i say, pick 27 to start. he's the guy. tell the team. 27 will be our starter from here on out barring injury.

34, you are to be our back-up. you will get a series every 3rd or 4th series, and spell 27 when he needs a breather. you will be used more in the passing game also.

33, you will be our short yardage/goal line back. you will also be brought it to spell 27, but we will continue to pound the ball.

are we all clear? good. o-line, are we clear? good!

now let's go out there and shove it down the ravens throat and play some STEELERS FOOTBALL!

LatrobePA
11-26-2012, 04:27 PM
I said this in another thread: We do not have a true starting RB on this roster. Sad but true!