PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers have no chance to beat the Ravens next week if Batch is the QB...

Troyisabeast_43
11-25-2012, 08:38 PM
I am pretty much already conceeding the game next week in Baltimore if Batch has to end up starting again because there is absolutely no way that the Steelers are going into Baltimore and winning that game with Batch as their starting QB especially since Baltimore now has a chance to clinch this division next week with a win and a Cincy loss in San Diego next Sunday. At this point I am not even playing Ben next week if he isnt 100 percent healthy since the division is pretty much out of reach now.

The good news is San Diego did lose today and that keeps them at 4-7 instead of 5-6 and still 2 games behind us for that last wildcard spot instead of one. The Bengals are tied with us at 6-5 with the Steelers owning the head to head tiebraker and still having to play another game at Heinz Field against the Steelers. The Dolphins are the next team behind the Steelers and Bengals at 5-6 but they have a tough schedule left still having to play the Patriots twice and the Niners once 3 out of their last 5 games. In my opinion, the season starts 2 weeks from today against the Chargers and that is when I would bring back Ben.

If the Steelers lose next week and win out and finish 10-6 and beat the Chargers,Cowboys,Bengals,and Browns with Ben back and Brown and Troy back as well they will make the playoffs and then it's a new season and anything can happen. But at this point I am not even playing Ben next week unless he is 100 percent healthy. The Steelers almost have to conceed this division now and save Ben for another week and get him back and ready for the last 4 winnable games on the schedule.

LevonKirkland99
11-25-2012, 09:13 PM
The good part about this weekend, is I saw the SIX super bowls displayed at the Heinz history center. The bad part is we lost to Cleveland!!! yes cleveland. I don't think next week's game matters anymore..

Looking forward to the draft

Troyisabeast_43
11-25-2012, 09:22 PM
The hell it doesnt matter every game the Steelers play against the Ravens matters and the Steelers are still right in the thick of this playoff race and with guys like Ben and Antonio Brown due back in the next week or two and a lot of winnable games still left on the schedule the Steelers still have an excellent chance to get into the playoffs at 10-6 or even 9-7. It's frustrating as hell to sit there today and watch such a pathetic performance but it is what it is at this point and we as fans have to turn the page and move on from this one and look forward to these last 5 games. The opportunity to get in the playoffs is going to be there and if Ben is healthy and gets it going again anything is possible once you get in. You can look forward to the draft if you want too but I am looking forward to this team getting Ben back and making a run at a wildcard spot after this Ravens game next Sunday...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2012, 10:10 PM
Next weeks' game absolutely matters. Even if we lose next week and win out, we are in the post season as 43 said. It's as simple as that. Now whether or not we do anything is a different story but we can still get in there by our own accord.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2012, 10:11 PM
For what it's worth though, Batch and Lefty, pick your poison but I'm not starting Hoyer in that game if I'm Tomlin. I'll take my chances with Batch maybe doing something if the RB's don't fumble every 5 minutes.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-25-2012, 10:13 PM
For what it's worth though, Batch and Lefty, pick your poison but I'm not starting Hoyer in that game if I'm Tomlin. I'll take my chances with Batch maybe doing something if the RB's don't fumble every 5 minutes.

The RB's sucked badly today but so did old man Charlie.....Batch was worse then Lefty last week.......Hoyer doesn't know the offense and would have no timing with the WRs but at this point he couldn't do any worse then Batch or Lefty....lol I just hope Ben plays......

Omicron
11-25-2012, 10:23 PM

Unless either of them throw to Mike Wallace and he decides to become a juggler on the field instead of playing wr. It just does not seem like his head was in these past two games at all.

Real Deal Steel
11-25-2012, 11:32 PM
the other RB's fumbling is kinda unusual and fluke...but Mendy was just being Mendy. Doing a spin move in a pile for no reason.

SteelerCountry58
11-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Mendy was just being Mendy. Doing a spin move in a pile for no reason.
That made me laugh. All I see is Mendy spinning like a top with the ball popping up like a geyser. Haha.

Goodfrom55
11-26-2012, 06:33 AM
Until the Steelers are mathematically eliminated, every game matters. Can't turn the ball over 8 times and expect to win. Defense was overtaxed yesterday and as solid as they were, at what point are they going to start catching the balls that hit them in the hands, facemask, etc.?

I'm not spending much time on the Browns game this week, because it just isn't worth it. Looking ahead to Baltimore and with no Ben, hoping for the best. If they don't win, then I at least hope they knock either Flacco or Rice out of the game.

coldrolled
11-26-2012, 07:17 AM
Batch proved he sucks and is old. next up please......

greg1964
11-26-2012, 07:44 AM
Charlie Batch wasn't the proplems yesterday: six fumbles by RB and a WR how NEVER fights for the ball, when under thrown, and can only sometimes catch a slant pattern are your major issues.

Injuries to your both of your right tackles and having to resuffle your OL are your problems to come:

BTW #68 didn't play that bad

steelchamp204
11-26-2012, 01:02 PM
If they get to 8-8 they will be the 6th seed. All they need is 2 more games probably. Wouldnt hurt to win 9 or possibly 10, possibly that it

Real Deal Steel
11-26-2012, 04:16 PM
Sorry but without Ben, we have no shot at beating the Ravens in Baltimore. We had our chance in Pittsburgh and we blew it.

K Train
11-26-2012, 04:44 PM
charlie was such a disappointment, ive never seen him so painfully below serviceable...he was just throwin ducks all game long

steelersbabex25
11-26-2012, 07:40 PM
The Steelers have no chance to beat a D3 NCAA team if batch is the QB.

LevonKirkland99
11-26-2012, 08:04 PM
1. Batch is old and needs to go...I blame the coaches in this one

2. What is up with Tomlin? He clearly didn't know how to pick a RB. So should we take a receiver out if he fumbles now? Should we yank the QB if he throws an int?

Pick a RUNNIG BACK ALREADY Tomlin !!!

BLACKandGOLD
11-27-2012, 10:42 AM
If Batch starts this week then I don't have much confidence in us winning that game either. After what he showed everyone sunday, I don't see how hes going to improve against a better defense in a tougher enviornment. Batch is a great guy to have on the sideline to coach young guys but hes physically not able to perform at the level we need him. I questioned the Steelers for keeping him on the active roster when we had other options. The only hope we have on sunday if Batch starts is that the running backs somehow get something going without fumbling on every drive and the defense forces some turnovers. The way this season has gone, I have no clue what to expect.

Real Deal Steel
11-27-2012, 10:56 AM
Tomlin is really taking hits this year in my book.

There is no excuse for the back-up QB's to be this bad. And since he sees them in practice and we don't, he should have known they were this bad. Yet, he didn't do anything (and hasn't in three seasons) to upgrade the position. And they let go of the Ohio State QB (Smith) to keep these two stiffs?? This is Tomlin's greatest misstep to date. And it's a big one.

Next, the O-line. Why is our O-lineman constantly hurt and out of shape? This is Tomlin's other great misstep. It should have dawned on Tomlin before this season that maybe they need a new O-line coach. And then Tomlin has to have the nuts to fire the current one and bring in a new one. I want to see some real leadership and actual accountability from Tomlin.

Tomlin needs to take care of the little detail issues. Because to me, he seems to act like more of a care taker then a coach.

coldrolled
11-27-2012, 11:05 AM
Batch threw three INT's and a bunch of crap passes.. He should have been out on the sidelines....

Dwyer and Mendy on the sidelines is just wrong... Tomlin taking players away from Haley is just bad all around during a game..

I cant believe Haley was doing the benching..

Real Deal Steel
11-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Tomlin needs to be benched.

If Tomlin wanted to bench someone, it should have been Wallace because of his lackadaisical attitude he's had for the last month.

jpele
11-27-2012, 11:57 AM
I hate to say it but Batch won't last more than 2 series against the Ravens.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Goodfrom55
11-27-2012, 12:59 PM
Tomlin needs to be benched.

If Tomlin wanted to bench someone, it should have been Wallace because of his lackadaisical attitude he's had for the last month.

Wallace is sulking because he is not getting the ball, and his value continues to plummet with each game of 1 or 2 catches. He is a good WR, but to be elite, he must demonstrate he can beat the double team and be a leader with his attitude and performance.

Real Deal Steel
11-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Wallace beat a double team??? Wallace would rather complain about the double team beat it. hahahah

terrible.towel43
12-02-2012, 07:42 PM
bump

RIVERS OF STEEL
12-02-2012, 07:46 PM
It shouldn't have happened but it did. I am happy and humbled at the same time. Just goes to show what the hell do I know. Baltimore really sucked which was a good thing. MT pulled off some time management at the end that really worked. There were mistakes all over the place but, the real good players tried and won with there effort. Way to go. Crawling back under my rock.

steelersbabex25
12-02-2012, 07:47 PM
bump

:lol:

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 08:20 PM
It shouldn't have happened but it did. I am happy and humbled at the same time. Just goes to show what the hell do I know. Baltimore really sucked which was a good thing. MT pulled off some time management at the end that really worked. There were mistakes all over the place but, the real good players tried and won with there effort. Way to go. Crawling back under my rock.

I, for one, appreciate that. It takes character to admit you were wrong. We need about 100 more posters to do the same thing.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 08:24 PM
Yea I was wrong for thinking Batch was done.....But how can anybody blame me for thinking that?....Charlie is 38 years old and won't play forever......But if you don't think the Steelers do need a younger QB to groom on the roster you're also wrong.......Keep Lefty or Batch for the experienced backup but not both......

scott0326
12-02-2012, 08:27 PM
Yea I was wrong for thinking Batch was done.....But how can anybody blame me for thinking that?....Charlie is 38 years old and won't play forever......But if you don't think the Steelers do need a younger QB to groom on the roster you're also wrong.......Keep Lefty or Batch for the experienced backup but not both......

I agree 100% with this. I will admit I was wrong about Batch, I completely thought he would **** the bed and after he missed that throw to Wallace before half, I was thinking "here we go again" and assumed Batch would **** the game away. He proved me wrong and played outstanding after that.. But I agree, we definitely need a younger QB on the roster, we can't carry around two old backup's, especially when one of them is as injury prone as Leftwich is.

I think we should draft a QB somewhere in the draft, re-sign Batch if he wants to continue playing and let Leftwich go.

North Steel
12-02-2012, 08:27 PM

It's okay dude,I'm happy as **** to have been totally wrong in my prediction as well.

TarlsQtr
12-02-2012, 08:30 PM

Well, I think your position about a younger QB is a fair one. Personally, I would not spend a high draft pick until the Ben is done in 4 years window. Why groom a QB for another team? I believe that Lefty and Batch are both capable backups BUT my position is evolving some because Lefty just does not stay healthy. That said, of the two Batch should go at years end because well, he IS old as dirt while Lefty would still have some years left in him if he was not made of glass.

Troyisabeast_43
12-02-2012, 09:00 PM
I posted this I think on Friday that I had a totally different feeling about this game for some reason toward the end of the week and that I started to think the Steelers were going to pull this game off if Batch played well and the Steelers didnt make too many mistakes. I totally take back what I posted when I started this thread a week ago. This by far is one of the most satisfying Steelers wins I have experienced in years it was absolutely great to hear dead silence in Baltimore when Sushi made that FG. I heard it all week from the Ravens fans on twitter how we dont ever lose at home and we are wearing are black unis and we never lose in those and blah blah it was great to shut those fans the **** up and see Harbaugh crying there at the end...

Black@Gold Forever32
12-02-2012, 09:05 PM
I actually expected this performance from Batch last week and his performance vs the Browns this week.........lol But I much rather Batch play bad vs the Browns then the Ravens........Its awesome beating the Ravens especially with Batch.....

coldrolled
12-02-2012, 10:26 PM
The Ravens are lucky ben is out.. We would be in 1st today.. The ravens cant beat are D... Oh and Cortez needs to keep that CB display rolling..... Would Ike have covered all those plays?? Cortez is fast...

Real Deal Steel
12-02-2012, 10:48 PM
We are the best team in the division when Ben is healthy. No doubt.

scott0326
12-03-2012, 01:36 AM
The Ravens are lucky ben is out.. We would be in 1st today.. The ravens cant beat are D... Oh and Cortez needs to keep that CB display rolling..... Would Ike have covered all those plays?? Cortez is fast...

Yeah, Cortez played very well today, same with Curtis Brown. Its nice to see our backup corners stepping up with Ike injured.

greg1964
12-03-2012, 08:23 AM
yeah.....the steelers have NO hope :lol: