PDA

View Full Version : Let's curb the Brian Hoyer talk for now, he's not the answer

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2012, 07:31 PM
The backup QB is always the most popular guy in town, as the cliché goes but right now is not the time to play Hoyer.

Batch may not have been good but Mendy, Dwyer, Redman and the rest had a huge hand in this loss. Even if Batch tosses 3 picks but the backs don't fumble, this outcome is likely different.

There's a reason Hoyer was available folks.

If Tomlin plays him and he does well then I'll eat crow, but I doubt it happens.

The issues are just flat out bad play by most of the offense in general, the not just Charlie.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

BubbyBlister
11-25-2012, 07:38 PM
Then need Ben back next week or the season is over and who cares about the Hoyer talk

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-25-2012, 07:39 PM
Hoyer v Ravens. All that's left. Next up the Ravens. Kinda scary. Well, not really scary. since I am not expecting the best anymore.

Raleigh Steel
11-25-2012, 07:46 PM
well, i said it during the game thread, but purely in jest. yes, he is not the answer!

what really sucks so far this season is that this team can't put it together. in the beginning our defense was non-existent, while the offense was able to do some scoring but not enough.

then the D started to play better and the O was doing their job for a few games.

then the KC game happens. the steelers look like crap on both sides of the ball, and ben gets hurt.

this team could win with leftwhich or batch. it's not like the ravens are that good, and the browns pretty much blow. but lack of discipline in these games...drive killing penalties, turnovers in waves, poor coaching decisions.

i believe that this season ended today. i don't see us winning next week at baltimore, and i don't see us running the table the rest of the season. this organization has to do some soul searching.

ChucktownSteeler
11-25-2012, 07:48 PM
I think at this point we are playing for draft positioning. There is no reason to rush Ben back or for that matter David DeCastro.

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 08:02 PM
Either are the other two stiffs!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-25-2012, 08:05 PM
I agree with you Blitz but honestly Hoyer couldn't have played much worse then Batch today....Old Man Charlie was terrible.......

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2012, 10:12 PM
I agree with you Blitz but honestly Hoyer couldn't have played much worse then Batch today....Old Man Charlie was terrible.......

yeah I know bro, he was off target and rusty as all hell. I'm just not convinced Hoyer can do any better having just got here and being out of work before. Perhaps he's the backup QB of the future; at least he's younger than old man dirt Batch and broken down Lefty.

Steelerlyn
11-25-2012, 10:20 PM
Hoyer played behind Tom Brady for 4 years, I would hope some of Brady/s pixie dust would rub off

SteelerCountry58
11-25-2012, 10:28 PM
As a veteran "experienced" backup/ex starter in this league no way in hell Charlie
should have looked THAT bad. He was air floating/lame ducking his mid range to long
balls and looked only comfortable with 10/15 yd passes,thats if he was on target with those.

He knew he was going to play all week,he's been the backup here forever,he knows the damn
playbook and how it should be excecuted. I'm not giving him a pass,if your getting a paycheck
then you should be able to come in and guide your team not look lost and bewildered.

I'd give him one more half against the Rats and if he's not improved then let someone
with fresher legs and some fire try a shot. We have nothing to lose,let's see if this guy
Hoyer can play,if not then we look elsewhere during the off season.

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 10:28 PM
Does Batch grip the ball on the nose and throw it end over end?

SteelerCountry58
11-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Does Batch grip the ball on the nose and throw it end over end?
Haha..I swear bro on most of his throws it looked like duck hunting season.
Unfockinexceptable for a veteran "experienced" backup. C'mon now!!:banging:

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 10:33 PM
Haha..I swear bro on most of his throws it looked like duck hunting season.
Unfockinexceptable for a veteran "experienced" backup. C'mon now!!:banging:

He just doesn't have it anymore!

Real Deal Steel
11-25-2012, 11:27 PM
I too didn't expect Batch to be as bad as he was. We clearly have no hope with him and Lefty at QB. I don't think it's wise to even contemplate bringing Ben back next week. It's too dangerous to his long term health.

I'm hoping that during the off-season, this will put a fire under the Front office to get a real back up QB. We need to totally rebuild the back up QB position.

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 11:32 PM
I think some credit to the browns would be a good thing. They did force the turnovers.

scott0326
11-26-2012, 05:22 AM
Leftwich and Batch played two of the worst games Ive seen from a QB all season, absolutely pathetic. Hoyer can't do much worse.

TarlsQtr
11-26-2012, 05:41 AM
Leftwich and Batch played two of the worst games Ive seen from a QB all season, absolutely pathetic. Hoyer can't do much worse.

Oh, come on. Lefty played the entire game with broken ribs and Batch threw for 200 yards and 3 INT (one was not his fault.) It is not EVEN CLOSE to being the worst game from QBs all season. Have you seen any of the Romo games from earlier this year? Rivers? Or the just plain awful Cardinals QBs? Eli against the Steelers?