PDA

View Full Version : Ben Is Like Troy!

BubbyBlister
11-25-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't think we will see a season anymore where Ben doesn't miss a few games here and there. We need to draft a back up early in the upcoming draft. 2nd round or 3rd at the latest. Just the the plain truth and this team is worthless with the back ups on the roster now.

Steveo
11-25-2012, 10:56 PM
I won't dispute that we should probably start looking at least to draft a backup. As for Ben being like Troy, I think it's to early to say that. Haley was brought in to keep Ben healthy, and if it weren't for a freak injury he seemed to be doing a pretty good job.
Sent from my Lumia 710 using Board Express

SteelCityVoice
11-26-2012, 12:55 AM
Teams use 1st-4th round picks on players they feel will start or develop into starters. If anything MAYBE you spend a 4th round pick on a solid QB to play behind Ben but you also know that player might leave for the first best opportunity to start. Regardless, the backup situation needs addressed this offseason. Leftwich is more Fragile than the leg lamp in A Christmas Story, and Batch is just too old and ineffective anymore.

Steelers/PSU Fan
11-26-2012, 01:47 AM
Teams use 1st-4th round picks on players they feel will start or develop into starters. If anything MAYBE you spend a 4th round pick on a solid QB to play behind Ben but you also know that player might leave for the first best opportunity to start. Regardless, the backup situation needs addressed this offseason. Leftwich is more Fragile than the leg lamp in A Christmas Story, and Batch is just too old and ineffective anymore.

Leftwich = Mr. Glass

http://youtu.be/DVVuKlcNJYA

coldrolled
11-26-2012, 08:19 AM
An Osweiler or Mallet type... What round did san fran pick up there QB CK?....

Goodfrom55
11-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Ben's style of play will always leave him vulnerable to a big hit or injury. Up until this year, he has been the pinata of the NFL taking hit after hit. He is one of the toughest SOB's in the NFL and will hopefully get on the mend soon.

Drastic change to the offensive philosophy with less deep routes, but Ben has been hit much less this year than in seasons past. Either a mid round draft QB or a free agent NEXT SEASON to back up Ben. I think Batch and Lefty have played themselves out of Pittsburgh.