PDA

View Full Version : What is up with Haleys game plan?

Stairwayto7
11-25-2012, 06:16 PM
First Ben was dinking and dunking earlier in the season but when we put Leftwich and Batch in he gets away from it? He did use some today but not til the 3rd Q.

Also twice deep to Wallace, one was picked and one hit defender in the helmet, so both should have been picked. Why do we think Charlie can wing it more than 40 yards?

The throw to Plaxico that got picked? No way Batch can throw a deep out in this league, not at 38!!!!!!

If I were calling the plays Heath would have had 15 catches, the last drive I would have kept feeding him the ball, make them stop him.

The Rainey TD, LUCKY, why send Rainey up the gut on goal line?

scudmissile29
11-25-2012, 06:21 PM
This isn't on Haley, he's been a great addition. A big bright spot for the season.

SteelerCountry58
11-25-2012, 06:25 PM
Does it really matter with the Lefty and Batch sideshow we were dealt?
The running backs were awful,the receivers besides Heath and maybe Sanders
were a no show(granted the ball actually needs to reach them to make a play).
Haley's game plan probably didn't include 5 fumbles/3 picks etc... Haha... sad really.
Colbert should be held accountable for not having a adequate backup QB and Tomlin
is arrogantly stupid for thinking he could succeed with this crap.

Stairwayto7
11-25-2012, 06:25 PM
This isn't on Haley, he's been a great addition. A big bright spot for the season.

Most of the seaon I agree, TODAY not a chance.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2012, 06:26 PM
As bad as some of the play calling was at times, there also NUMEROUS times that both Leftwich and Batch completely missed a check down that could have gained positive yardage. This isn't just Haley here folks.

Stairwayto7
11-25-2012, 06:31 PM
Never said just Haley!! But Haley should no better than to have Batch throw deep!

steelersbabex25
11-25-2012, 06:47 PM

Because the other 3 RBs were being grounded for each fumbling in their own territory.

Farrior Fan
11-25-2012, 06:58 PM
I have no problem with the playcalling today, execution was lacking....severely

steelersbabex25
11-25-2012, 07:09 PM
It's funny really. I watched the game at a bar and every 1st and 10 when they'd run the ball everyone would yell, "JUST PASS THE ****ING BALL." And then when they'd pass everyone would go "JUST RUN THE ****ING BALL."

Honestly there was just no winning in this game. Batch is awful.

Get7With7
11-25-2012, 07:20 PM
It's funny really. I watched the game at a bar and every 1st and 10 when they'd run the ball everyone would yell, "JUST PASS THE ****ING BALL." And then when they'd pass everyone would go "JUST RUN THE ****ING BALL."

Honestly there was just no winning in this game. Batch is awful.

lol. What else do you expect in a bar full of alcohol and Yinzers?

Looks like the Steelers left their running game in New Jersey...

Nolrog
11-25-2012, 07:33 PM
What happened to Ben for MVP talk based on this OC?

coldrolled
11-25-2012, 07:43 PM
Minus Ben, Minus AB, Minus Adams, Minus Colon.. Lets take Dwyer and Redman out of the game because im MT....

elephantman
11-25-2012, 07:47 PM
First Ben was dinking and dunking earlier in the season but when we put Leftwich and Batch in he gets away from it? He did use some today but not til the 3rd Q.

Also twice deep to Wallace, one was picked and one hit defender in the helmet, so both should have been picked. Why do we think Charlie can wing it more than 40 yards?

The throw to Plaxico that got picked? No way Batch can throw a deep out in this league, not at 38!!!!!!

If I were calling the plays Heath would have had 15 catches, the last drive I would have kept feeding him the ball, make them stop him.

^ charlie Batch was bad in his prime, and u ask about Haleys play call....u either Run the ball and gain 0 yds as the D has 10 men in the box, or u pass with batch and no receivers......

Moondog
11-25-2012, 07:53 PM
Listen.....I'm not blaming Haley, you can not build anything if you don't have serviceable parts. Ben getting hurt did the Steelers in, not to mention Antonio Brown. That's like the Pats without Brady and Welker, the Giants without Eli and Cruz, etc.
It's not easy replacing a franchise QB. I firmly believe the Steelers would be 8-3 right now if those injuries do not happen, but they did....so I'll just grin and bear it. I know the mantra is next man up but how many injuries can a team sustain in one season without going under? It's a wonder they only lost by six with seven turnovers and scrubs in at key positions.

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 08:09 PM
What happened to Ben for MVP talk based on this OC?

Lmao you really didn't just post this did you? Freaking BB has been out the past two weeks! That **** went out the door!

BubbyBlister
11-25-2012, 08:18 PM
OC is like a crew chief and you can only do so much and a lot depends on the man driving the car.