PDA

View Full Version : Are These Refs ANY Better Than Replacements?

TarlsQtr
11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
By no means am I saying they lost us the game because we would have fumbled again anyway, but I see little difference between the "real" refs and the replacements. That no fumble call on Trent with 2 minutes to go-not to mention the Lions/Texans game-was nearly as bad as anything the replacements called (or didn't). We could have sent it to the booth if we had a TO but should not have to. It was obvious.

I would also propose a rule change. Instead of time outs, 15 yard penalties, automatic first down if you are on defense, and the option of a clock rundown for lost challenges. The purpose of review is to ensure that games are not decided on such bad calls. That should not stop just because you are out of timeouts and it is not the 2 minute warning yet.

Big T
11-25-2012, 06:04 PM
That missed call on the Trent Richardson fumble was unbelievable. It wasn't even close.

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 06:24 PM
That missed call on the Trent Richardson fumble was unbelievable. It wasn't even close.

Agreed!

steelersbabex25
11-25-2012, 06:42 PM
And the hold on Beachum on that like 30 yard pass play was non existent.

Speaking of....who is Beachum??

SteelerRush
11-25-2012, 06:49 PM
Still had a chance to win it if the #*#*# refs knew what they were doing. Just icing on the cake. Should never had to come down to that. When we needed to make a play we actually did and the Refs blew the call.

Troyisabeast_43
11-25-2012, 07:54 PM
Ron Winter is a horrible ref and he always makes a ton of penalty calls every week in every game him and his crew ref. He is a terrible ****ing official and I agree for him to not call a fumble on that Richardson fumble was absolutely inexcusable. You cant miss calls like that late in a game at such a critical time...

Omicron
11-25-2012, 11:16 PM
And the hold on Beachum on that like 30 yard pass play was non existent.

Speaking of....who is Beachum??

7th round pick this season. He is a good kid and pretty good player. Just needs reps and he should be able to pickup quote a bit of game knowledge in-game.

Omicron
11-25-2012, 11:18 PM
Ron Winter is a horrible ref and he always makes a ton of penalty calls every week in every game him and his crew ref. He is a terrible ****ing official and I agree for him to not call a fumble on that Richardson fumble was absolutely inexcusable. You cant miss calls like that late in a game at such a critical time...

And you would think he would like to call it since he wanted his ugly mug on the teevee every 5 mins or so. Maybe he is auditioning for dancing with the stars or something with the amount of tv time he was going after. Or maybe he had a bet with Ed Hochuli to see who could get more face time on the toob.

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 11:45 PM
Any ref is a bad ref! F them all!!

SnakeEyes43
11-26-2012, 11:14 AM
Any ref is a bad ref! F them all!!

:lol:
Every post I have read from Latrobe today has ended with "F them!" Gotta love it.

LatrobePA
11-26-2012, 11:16 AM
:lol:
Every post I have read from Latrobe today has ended with "F them!" Gotta love it.

Lol not a good day for me! Biz partner is a huge browns fan! Ewwww! F her too! lol

Raleigh Steel
11-26-2012, 11:17 AM
The only difference in regular refs vs replacement refs....the regular refs get the calls wrong quicker!

jpele
11-26-2012, 12:19 PM
The only difference in regular refs vs replacement refs....the regular refs get the calls wrong quicker!

And money, lots of money.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Clevelandsux
11-26-2012, 07:38 PM
I was at the game, i even heard Browns fans screaming at the refs saying they were going to get screwed in the end. I watched the richardson play, it was absolutely a fumble. No questions asked. But when you have 8 turnovers, i wont blame the refs. Maybe if the steelers hadn't pissed off all there timeouts, they could have reviewed it.

LarryNJ
11-27-2012, 09:49 AM
They never should have caved into their demands when they were out. I would have pulled a Regan air traffic controller move, fired them all, hired the replacements as full time employees and trained them 3 days or 4 days a week. In no time the game would have been much better and much faster.

BLACKandGOLD
11-27-2012, 09:57 AM
The officials had some bad calls obviously that probably prevented the Steelers a better chance to win the game. That being said, I don't think the Steelers deserved to win when they turn the ball over at that rate

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

coldrolled
11-27-2012, 11:31 AM
The Pro Refs are better at controlling the score for the Vegas Lines.. The replacement refs missed the same stuff they just are not pros at controlling the game for the lines.. A hold here a hold there and the score is adjusted quickly...

Remember the hold on hartwig in the SB.. he was run over and called for a hold. 2 points.. then 7 points... a nine point swing off a hold?

Im a conspiracy nut...