PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin philosophy on running back turnovers: Fumble, get replaced, rinse and repeat...

BlitzburghRockCity
11-25-2012, 03:41 PM
Let's see if I get this right:

Mendenhall fumbles, replaced by Redman
Redman fumbles replaced by Dwyer
Dwyer fumbles replaced by Chris Rainey
Rainey fumbles replaced by Johnson

Then... Sanders fumbles

Then.. Mendy fumbles replaced Will Johnson.

So Tomlin decides to go with Rainey for the majority of the 2nd half.

Toss in 3 Charlie Batch interceptions and viola, welcome to your Steelers offense.

JensK
11-25-2012, 04:20 PM
How could he know though? I would have benched Mendenhall after that fumble as well. I mean, we were supposed to have 4 good RBs, so you have to play another if the first is not up to the task.

Speeed
11-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Yeah, but nothing kills confidence like yanking a guy. Keep him in. We needed somebody to develop some rhythm.

coldrolled
11-25-2012, 04:33 PM
Tomlin blew this game...

Nolrog
11-25-2012, 06:48 PM
I have no problem that Tomlin held people accountable for their ****** play and rotated the RBs to find one that didn't have his head up his *** today.

I do agree, though that he should have pulled Batch and put in that kid they just signed. Normally I wouldn't be for that, but it would have sent a very strong message to the team. It's time we find another back up guy, someone like Lefty was 5 or 6 years ago, that was not quite good enough to start but could hold the team together for a couple weeks if he had to. Oh, and wasn't made of balsa wood as well.

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 06:50 PM
Tomlin screwed the pooch today! He shattered each of the RB's confidence! He's gotta just say f it and pick a starter, this method is fn the gel up!

elephantman
11-25-2012, 06:54 PM
Tomlin blew this game...

come on!! it's not like we Turn the ball over like this every week....bad day on offense with bad QB and beat up receivers...the browns were begging us to do anything on O and we are NO matchup against their D on the road with our Injuries...it was an aberration like week one last yr with turnovers, no biggie, it's just 6 seed again and i dont like our chances

ChucktownSteeler
11-25-2012, 07:54 PM
How about a coach "coaching" his players to carry the ball "high and tight". In honesty this has been a topic for 4 years now. Does everyone see this but Tomlin?

Much like Buddy Ryan punched Kevin Gilbride, Dick LeBeau should have clocked Todd Haley.

connecticutsteel
11-25-2012, 08:24 PM
I don't agree with what tomlin did if a guy fumbles you have to stay with him to show you have confidence

TarlsQtr
11-25-2012, 08:56 PM
Neither Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, nor Bill Belichek ever gave one sh!+ about someone's "confidence" and would have pulled the backs as well. With the effing money they make, they should be out of football if their egos are so fragile that being benched will shatter their "self-confidence."

BubbyBlister
11-25-2012, 09:01 PM
[QUOTE=TarlsQtr;523160]Neither Bill Parcells, Chuck Noll, nor Bill Belichek ever gave one sh!+ about someone's "confidence" and would have pulled the backs as well. With the effing money they make, they should be out of football if their egos are so fragile that being benched will shatter their "self-confidence."[/QUOTE Okay I agree with you here!

Rampage
11-25-2012, 09:28 PM
Don't they make stickem anymore?

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 09:39 PM
Problem is we don't have a true #1 RB on this roster!

Real Deal Steel
11-25-2012, 11:40 PM
Problem is we don't have a true #1 RB on this roster!

There isn't an "Adrian Peterson" on this team. That's for sure.

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 11:41 PM
There isn't an "Adrian Peterson" on this team. That's for sure.

Not even close...

scott0326
11-26-2012, 05:24 AM
Well only one team has an Adrian Peterson.. and I believe AD fumbled twice in his game.. The fumbling today was just ****ing ridiculous, never see anything like it.

coldrolled
11-26-2012, 07:12 AM
How can you play OC when the HC is keeping the rest of your healthy offense on the sideline..

AP would be watching every game with MT as his coach...

FlatsSteeler
11-26-2012, 08:02 AM
As I have said for the Gazillionth time Tomlin is a HORRIBLE game day coach....His Fkups are mounting.......one of the biggest was not keeping a time-out, burning all three before the 2:30 mark really cost them the challenge on the Browns fumble......He had almost 3:00 mins left when he started burning the TO's.....Pulling all of the RB's was just plain stupid, now you have NONE, fumbles stick in your head a long time, I know...........Using Batch was just ridicules knowing he couldn't throw the ball more than 30 yds and his accuracy was terrible.....This loss was on TOMLIN......PERIOD......