PDA

View Full Version : Ben Roethlisberger Appreciation Thread

scudmissile29
11-23-2012, 01:58 PM
http://www.steelers-fan.com/images/Roethlisberger.jpg

All appreciation for this season can go in this thread.

I'll start off.

Ben Roethlisberger > Joe "The Pussy" Flacco

steelchamp204
11-23-2012, 02:48 PM
:duh:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-23-2012, 03:02 PM
Ben still isn't appreciated by some of our own fans.........People still are to quick to bash Ben if he gets off to a slow start in a game.....Never mind all the plays he has made to help win a ton of games for this team over the years....

steelchamp204
11-23-2012, 03:20 PM
Ben still isn't appreciated by some of our own fans.........People still are to quick to bash Ben if he gets off to a slow start in a game.....Never mind all the plays he has made to help win a ton of games for this team over the years....

Ben has been great for us over the years. I think the Ben haters will be woken up by the next QB who comes into Pittsburgh and throw like Tommy Maddox. Hopefully we can get lucky on our next QB as we were lucky enough to get Ben. It could happen.

steelers4life66
11-23-2012, 03:29 PM

:lol:

BLACKandGOLD
11-23-2012, 03:30 PM
Ben deserves all the credit in the world. Without him we would have never won 2 Super Bowls in the past few years. Last weeks offensive performance shows how important he is to this team.

People are way too hard on him in my opinion

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

scudmissile29
11-23-2012, 03:35 PM

Ever thought of running to the top of Heinz Field and bungee jumping off?

jnes1216
11-23-2012, 03:38 PM
I appreciate Heath Miller.

..thought it was an overall Steeler appreciation, my bad :)

Big T
11-23-2012, 03:58 PM
If Steelers fans still don't appreciate Ben Roethlisberger, they never will. Ben Roethlisberger IS the Steelers. Without Ben, we're still looking for the "One for the Thumb"... I dread the day he retires. Luckily, I feel he's got another 7-8 years left in him.

Let me just throw some stats alone (and stats don't even begin to tell the whole story with Ben):

Roethlisberger has been one of the most efficient passers in NFL history. He currently ranks 10th all-time in NFL passer rating (92.9), 5th in yards per attempt (8.06), and 11th in completion percentage (63.24) among quarterbacks with a minimum of 1,500 career attempts. He has the fourth highest career winning percentage (.710) as a starter in the regular season among quarterbacks with a minimum of 100 starts.

steelchamp204
11-23-2012, 04:33 PM
Ever thought of running to the top of Heinz Field and bungee jumping off?

I did that, also when I did, I gave the Rooney statue a high 5. It was fantastic, you should try it sometime.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-23-2012, 04:43 PM
If Steelers fans still don't appreciate Ben Roethlisberger, they never will. Ben Roethlisberger IS the Steelers. Without Ben, we're still looking for the "One for the Thumb"... I dread the day he retires. Luckily, I feel he's got another 7-8 years left in him.

Let me just throw some stats alone (and stats don't even begin to tell the whole story with Ben):

I was born in 79 so I only remember the 80s-2012....But watching Bubby Brister, Neil O'Donnell, Mike Tomcazk, Kordell Stewart, Jim Miller, Kent Graham, Tommy Maddox is more then enough for me to appreciate Ben and really give him more benefit of the doubt then anybody on the team......Some of these younger fans have no idea how lucky they to never sit through the crap at the QB position that some of us older fans had to....lol

Black@Gold Forever32
11-23-2012, 04:43 PM
I confess I still have my Bubby Brister starting lineup figure....lol

steelchamp204
11-23-2012, 05:10 PM
I appreciate Ben not riding his motorcycle without a helmet.

Clevelandsux
11-23-2012, 06:02 PM
I appreciate despite all the dramahe's created over the years. 3 sb appearances.

big ben>kordell stewart, neil odonnell

LarryNJ
11-23-2012, 06:38 PM
I really don't think there's a Steeler fan who is a Ben hater. It's simply that if you aren't perfect people will bitch. We lose a game and Ben sucks for not getting the winning TD drive, DL sucks and should retire because the defense gave up a game winning drive, Rooneys are too old ect ect.

One thing that I think Ben has done and continues to do better than any QB I can remember watching. Getting hit doesn't seem to phase him at all. It has always been said hit the qb a few times and you'll rattle him, he'll get happy feet. That is not the case with Ben.

scudmissile29
11-23-2012, 06:50 PM

I'm not surprised by this, some people are just stupid (7.9% unemployment rate)

Real Deal Steel
11-23-2012, 07:02 PM
I think an overwhelming majority appreciate him. I know I do. Those Kordell Stewart years were brutal.

steelchamp204
11-23-2012, 07:05 PM
I'm not surprised by this, some people are just stupid (7.9% unemployment rate)

Pot calling the Kettle black :moon:

Waits for another rage response as input from nowhere appears in text.

scudmissile29
11-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Pot calling the Kettle black :moon:

Waits for another rage response as input from nowhere appears in text.

No, I'm currently a student.

steelchamp204
11-23-2012, 10:47 PM
No, I'm currently a student.

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Flacco is going to break you ^&*^&*^ LEG GOD ******* DARNIT! This is to easy. Im done now. :grin1:

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2012, 01:41 AM

It kills me how some people still hang onto the past with Ben too. That **** was years ago.

If there's one guy this team can't go without long term, it's Ben.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

steelchamp204
11-24-2012, 02:14 AM
It kills me how some people still hang onto the past with Ben too. That **** was years ago.

If there's one guy this team can't go without long term, it's Ben.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Ben will never get the respect he deserves from fans/players alike. His off the field issues will linger and will be the thing everyone holds against him. Its a shame, but the truth. I remember the O'Donell days/ stewart/maddox. Im glad I got to see the next best thing this organization has had next to Bradshaw. Me only eing 24 never witnessed Bradshaw play, so this is great for me. I still think Ben ends up with 3 Superbowls by the time he retires. It might not happen, but I have a good feeling.

scudmissile29
11-24-2012, 05:13 AM
blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah Flacco is going to break you ^&*^&*^ LEG GOD ******* DARNIT! This is to easy. Im done now. :grin1:

Flacco couldn't break anyone's legs, he's probably waxing his monobrow right now.

scudmissile29
11-25-2012, 04:40 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5whZMbe3Ra8

Look at what Joe Flacco can't do.

jnes1216
11-25-2012, 11:42 PM
If Ben isn't appreciated for what he has done in his career already, these last two games should change your mind. Way different outcomes if Ben was playing.

K Train
11-26-2012, 04:47 PM
co-signed. god that was brutal yesterday, a lot of these threads make me angry and sad and depressed

scudmissile29
11-30-2012, 04:37 AM
bump, in anticipation for sunday without him lololololol

Clevelandsux
11-30-2012, 05:05 PM
all we can do is hope.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-30-2012, 05:34 PM
If he had the perfect offense. If he had the perfect defense. If he had the best of coaches. Gees Us Kee Ryst.