PDA

View Full Version : Is there hope for Mike Adams?

Stone
11-22-2012, 08:53 AM
HAPPY THANKSGIVING! I am prepping everything to smoke the turkey for my fiance's family and I will be drunk by the time we eat so that any negative comments about "too much smoke" will be met with "eat more green bean casserole".

Watching Mike Adams play this season has been utterly painful. He seems to be strong enough and have good enough technique to run block but he looks like he is wearing someone else's feet when he tries to pass block. He is often so far out of position he makes absolutely zero impact on the pass rush.

The concern is he doesn't seem any better in week 12 than he did in weeks 1 and 2.

Is he another Ohio State bust?

gtadroptop
11-22-2012, 08:57 AM
It was painful to watch him in the Rat Bird game. He has a golden opportunity. If we had other bodies to put on the line, he would be the back-up water boy.

LatrobePA
11-22-2012, 09:18 AM
A bust? lol the guy struggled for the first time against a swim move, other than that he's been solid.

SnakeEyes43
11-22-2012, 09:26 AM
Give him a year to develop, don't take him out, he needs the experience. He's doing fine. He struggled against two beast d-lines, the Giants and the Rats (the rats don't have the numbers, but they play up against us).

ChucktownSteeler
11-22-2012, 09:44 AM
I think he has shown promise. Don't forget the dude's a rookie and has not only been asked to start has played a few positions as well.

Stone
11-22-2012, 10:00 AM
A bust? lol the guy struggled for the first time against a swim move, other than that he's been solid.

He has been horrid on pass blocking all year......absolutely horrid!

I know he's a rookie and all but I have never seen anyone as inept as he is at pass blocking.

Goodfrom55
11-22-2012, 11:02 AM
Solid run blocker, needs to develop quicker feet in pass protection, which is a coachable issue. All in all, not bad for a rookie.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-22-2012, 11:04 AM
Mike Adams has struggled at times in pass protection but there has been times he has been pretty good as well.....Jumping the gun way to early on Mike Adams.......Every OL on the team has struggled at pass protection at times this season.....Except maybe for Max Starks who has been pretty damn consistent.........

Black@Gold Forever32
11-22-2012, 11:06 AM
Solid run blocker, needs to develop quicker feet in pass protection, which is a coachable issue. All in all, not bad for a rookie.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Exactly some more coaching would go a long way for Mike Adams......I also think the coaches should work with Adams in landing his punch more consistently........

BLACKandGOLD
11-22-2012, 11:23 AM
It's been a rough first year for him but I'm not going to give up on him yet. I'll wait a year and see if coaching and game experiences teaches him a few things

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk app

Big T
11-22-2012, 11:38 AM
Dude has been a mauler in the run game and struggled a bit in pass protection, but he has been in no way terrible. The man gave up one sack against the giants, which is solid as hell considering the fact that Justin Tuck or JPP were on him all game. He gave up one sack against the Bengals, again solid when going against Michael Johnson/Carlos Dunlap. He shut down Ryan Kerrigan. And he did a hell of a job against Justin Houston. Sure he's struggled at times, but people have to remember that he's a rookie who just made what, his 6th start? He hasn't even seen everything and sure as hell hasn't gotten his technique down. Like others hae said, his problems arent physical. They're mental issues that come with being a rookie, and are completely coachable. He's going to be a damn good tackle in this league.

connecticutsteel
11-22-2012, 11:38 AM
jesus does everyone have to be joe thomas or a pro bowler to not get picked on he's doing fine

connecticutsteel
11-22-2012, 11:41 AM
I'm convinced that if we were 10-0 and first in every team and individual stat catagory the some people would still whine and complain man oh man it's gross

Nolrog
11-22-2012, 11:48 AM
Adams has been playing fairly well. He's pretty solid in the run blocking (run game picked up when he got in there) but struggles in the pass game. Overall, he's been a solid contributor, and I'm very optimistic on his future.

To even ask if he's a bust at this point in his career (not even a half season of starts in his rookie year) is ludicrous.

steelchamp204
11-22-2012, 11:51 AM
He has been solid since he was put into the starting role. He has struggled like everyone else on the line this season at times just like Pouncey has.. He will be fine, Dont make it sound like he has a bad game every game lol.

Real Deal Steel
11-23-2012, 12:30 AM
Way too early to call him a bust. Let's check back on this in week#14 of the 2013 season.

NeilPatrickBanana
11-23-2012, 08:07 PM
He has been horrid on pass blocking all year......absolutely horrid!

I know he's a rookie and all but I have never seen anyone as inept as he is at pass blocking.

Are you new to football? Go watch some tape of Robert Gallery playing LT as a rookie... or check out Gabe Carimi in Chicago this year.

Adams has bad technique... he needs to be coached up. but he's nowhere near "horrid"

LatrobePA
11-23-2012, 09:33 PM
I'm a huge Adams fan, his last game want pretty but far from terrible!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-24-2012, 01:43 AM
These are the growing pains of a rookie Tackle. He was improving during the 3 game win streak, then in the KC win and Baltimore loss he just got completely owned.

I'm interested to see if Tomlin gives Gilbert his job back.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Goodfrom55
11-24-2012, 02:25 PM
Hope not, no offense to Gilbert. But the curent group is building chemistry, which is an understated trait of an O-line.

SuperSteelers
11-24-2012, 08:18 PM
Mike Adams=bust

BlacknGoldHaze
11-24-2012, 09:24 PM
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaay too early to call Adams a bust.......disappointing so far? Sure....but far from a bust.

Clevelandsux
11-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Adams has not looked good. But he is still a rookie and hopefully will improve.

K Train
11-26-2012, 04:52 PM
"is there any hope for mike adams?" are you kidding me? his potential is through the roof, hope is an understatement

LatrobePA
11-26-2012, 06:00 PM
I love Adams! Any updates??

coldrolled
11-26-2012, 06:22 PM
We need to replace 64 and 4

LatrobePA
11-26-2012, 06:55 PM
We need to replace 64 and 4

Yea indeed... Toss 16 in there too! Oh and 98! lol

SuperSteelers
11-26-2012, 09:12 PM
Yea indeed... Toss 16 in there too! Oh and 98! lol

Some would say 43 too since he is taking up a roster spot.