PDA

View Full Version : DeCastro cleared to practice.

steelchamp204
11-21-2012, 01:48 PM
Reports today David DeCastro is cleared to practice.

Will his first start be against the Ravens in a couple weeks?

From PFT:

Guard David DeCastro (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7412/david-decastro), their first-round pick in April, has been cleared to return to practice. DeCastro has been out since tearing his MCL and doing other damage to his right knee in one of Pittsburgh’s preseason games. He was placed on injured reserve with the designation to return after final cuts and has been eligible to return to practice for several weeks.

Now that he has returned to practice, the team has three weeks to decide whether or not to move him back to the active roster. Until they do, DeCastro does not count against the 53-man roster so there’s no need for a corresponding move. If they don’t, he’ll revert to injured reserve for the rest of the year.

LatrobePA
11-21-2012, 01:59 PM
Reports today David DeCastro is cleared to practice.

Will his first start be against the Ravens in a couple weeks?

Sweet!

Goodfrom55
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
COnsidering how well Foster is playing, they can bring him alomg slowly and get him some reps out of choice vs necessity.

BLACKandGOLD
11-21-2012, 02:31 PM
This cheered me up today! I can't wait to see him out there and help out our O-line.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-21-2012, 02:38 PM
No way on God's green earth that DeCastro will start, nor should he start. Foster has been carrying the load all year long and the unit is getting better overall as they get more time together. Putting a rookie in there who hasn't practiced since preseason let alone played in a game, no thanks. The starting 5 have a hard enough time working with Adams as a rookie over on the right side, no way in the world you put 2 rookies beside each other with Charlie Batch in there, or even Ben unless injuries dictate that you absolutely need to.

I'll be happy to wait until 2013 when he's able to compete and of course likely win that RG job.

Real Deal Steel
11-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Well, considering how often an O-lineman gets hurt around here, we need all we can get. Him making his debut against the Ravens would be tough. Maybe the week after against the Chargers?

Real Deal Steel
11-21-2012, 02:40 PM
No way on God's green earth that DeCastro will start, nor should he start. Foster has been carrying the load all year long and the unit is getting better overall as they get more time together. Putting a rookie in there who hasn't practiced since preseason let alone played in a game, no thanks. The starting 5 have a hard enough time working with Adams as a rookie over on the right side, no way in the world you put 2 rookies beside each other with Charlie Batch in there, or even Ben unless injuries dictate that you absolutely need to.

I'll be happy to wait until 2013 when he's able to compete and of course likely win that RG job.

This!!!!!!!!

steelchamp204
11-21-2012, 03:09 PM

Yea, I was talking out of excitement there. Hopefully we can get him some reps this season though sometime. To see what he is capable of at this level. Im back to reality now lol.

Goodfrom55
11-21-2012, 03:34 PM
FOster has held his own this year and quite frankly, I would be seriously concerned with DeCastro and Adams, albeit 2 talented rookies, on the same side of the line protecting the QB of the Week. Foster will not likely resign next year (think he is a FA) so it works our perfectly for DD to step in and start carving his legacy as a Pittsburgh Steeler.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-21-2012, 04:17 PM
Happy Happy Joy Joy.....Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't see DeCastro starting right away either unless Colon keeps up his terrible play of late and Colon has been back to committing penalties......Colon was playing well for a few weeks but the last couple weeks he has been BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Goodfrom55
11-21-2012, 04:34 PM
Happy Happy Joy Joy.....Happy!!!!!!!!!!!!! I don't see DeCastro starting right away either unless Colon keeps up his terrible play of late and Colon has been back to committing penalties......Colon was playing well for a few weeks but the last couple weeks he has been BAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He has to be leading the league in holding penalties. . .

FlatsSteeler
11-22-2012, 03:58 AM
We will see if Tomlins philosophy of "players cant lose their job due to injuries" or this only holds true for a select group......If the Guy is ready to play put him in there, he was better than Foster before the injury what changes that?????DD66 is a mean fast pulling RG that will only help the Running Game Misdirects to the Left will be awesome......His quickness may also help Adams in certain instances freeing up Heath....

coldrolled
11-22-2012, 08:35 AM
Get him ready for our 6th seeded run...

Nolrog
11-22-2012, 01:29 PM
No way on God's green earth that DeCastro will start, nor should he start. Foster has been carrying the load all year long and the unit is getting better overall as they get more time together.

. . .

I disagree. Foster has been playing well, that's true and I don't want to upset the chemistry that this line has generated. However, I think it's important that DeCastro get some time in there so he knows what he's up against and what he needs to do to prepare for next year. If he doesn't see the field until 2013 then that will be a big mistake.

K Train
11-26-2012, 05:50 PM
depending on adams and gilbert foster may have to kick out to RT

steelchamp204
11-26-2012, 06:32 PM
I bet DeCastro gets some playing time this year now. Oline is to banged up. I want to see what this kid is going to bring to this run/pass game.

ChucktownSteeler
11-26-2012, 09:51 PM
I'd be quite happy if he didn't play till next year.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2012, 10:13 PM
With DC activated today we might get too see him this year, but for me hopefully it's not this weekend. If Adams can't go then Foster moves to RT and Legs to RG.

Happy as hell though to get Decastro back available again.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Tapatalk 2

Troyisabeast_43
11-26-2012, 10:59 PM
I think he has a chance to play as soon as this week against the Ravens. If he is healthy and ready to go and the medical staff feels he is in no danger being out there then you play him next week and make this o-line better. You drafted this guy first for a reason get him out there for the rest of the season and get him ready for the stretch run. This can do nothing but help the Steelers o-line for the rest of the season in my opinion. We will see what Tomlin says about Decastro tomorrow at his press conference...

Nolrog
11-27-2012, 07:18 AM
then Foster moves to RT and Legs to RG.

Even with no practice and being on the sidelines all season, DeCastro is a preferable option to Legs at guard.

steelchamp204
11-27-2012, 01:24 PM
Eed Werder just reported on ESPN that DeCastro has a strong chance to make his debut sunday against the Ravens.

K Train
11-27-2012, 01:29 PM
if he can go theres no reason to not get him out there, even if the season is lost he needs some reps

steelchamp204
11-27-2012, 01:33 PM
if he can go theres no reason to not get him out there, even if the season is lost he needs some reps

I think with a healthy DeCastro(depending on how he plays)/Pouncey/Colon I think the line might be able to stay healthy due to the fact that they wouldnt be getting knocked on there asses, or other linemens legs.

Goodfrom55
11-27-2012, 01:57 PM
I don't want to mish-mosh the line too much, but here are my scenerios:

If Colon plays - DeCastro to RG, Foster to RT.

If Colon doesn't play - DeCastro to LG, Beachum at RT (God Help us).

Legursky - Not so much. Good backup Center, awful at guard.

steelchamp204
11-27-2012, 02:45 PM
You know what would be an interesting line. This is just for fun.

Starx
Pouncey
Legursky
Decastro
Adams

haha, Legs can play center very well, itd bee cool to see what Pouncey would do at guard.

LatrobePA
11-27-2012, 02:49 PM
He's the future and the future in now. It's time for him suit up and play IMO!

K Train
11-27-2012, 02:53 PM
You know what would be an interesting line. This is just for fun.

Starx
Pouncey
Legursky
Decastro
Adams

haha, Legs can play center very well, itd bee cool to see what Pouncey would do at guard.
wouldnt mind seeing pouncey at guard at all

steelchamp204
11-27-2012, 03:02 PM

I think Legs is a good center, maybe not probowl talent but whenever he plays center, he plays very good. I think with the nastiness of pouncey and decastro at guard would bring back the running game like it used to be. Adams has shown promis, just a thing of bad luck.

K Train
11-27-2012, 03:25 PM
pouncey would be a great guard, its just the premium on centers is much higher and since hes so talented there as well thats where they play him.

legs is an ok center, especially when he has good guards playing around him. Not even close to the second level player pouncey is but good in a phone booth and can handle most guys one on one

ChucktownSteeler
11-27-2012, 04:42 PM

I have also posted this a few times. It won't happen, but it would be interesting.

connecticutsteel
11-27-2012, 04:54 PM
NORMALLY I WOULD AGREE WITH brc about the line working together and they are having to adjust to Adams but let's face it DD66 is smarter than adams and the whole offensive line he will fit right in with very little adjustment

Big T
12-11-2012, 05:27 PM
The Steelers might finally get a return on their first round pick.

According to Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said Tuesday that rookie David DeCastro could play right guard this week against the Cowboys. That would allow them to switch Ramon Foster to left guard and Maurkice Pouncey back to center.

“We believe that his health is at level where, if we like what we see, he might have the opportunity to play,” Tomlin said of DeCastro, who has played only on field-goal and extra-point units the last two games. DeCastro would have likely started all year, but for a preseason knee injury.

The Steelers have been shuffling the line all season, and the aggravation of Willie Colon’s knee injury caused the latest round. Colon had surgery Monday and will miss at least two games, and probably the rest of the season. Tomlin said he wanted to see how Colon responded to surgery before he made a determination on a roster move.

Of course, that’s not their only injury problem.

Tomlin said cornerback Cortez Allen has a hip flexor injury that Tomlin which could keep him out of the Cowboys game. Allen has replaced Ike Taylor, who has been out with a hairline fracture in his right ankle.

Outside linebacker LaMarr Woodley, however, is expected to return after missing the last two games.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/11/david-decastro-could-be-in-line-for-first-start/

http://sundayisforlovers.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/red-heart.png

K Train
12-11-2012, 05:41 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/11/david-decastro-could-be-in-line-for-first-start/

http://sundayisforlovers.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/red-heart.png

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

steelchamp204
12-12-2012, 01:22 AM
<3 <3 <3 <3 <3

Yes!!!