PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin Tuesday Press Conference Highlight 11/20/2012

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2012, 01:27 PM
Out: Jerricho Cotchery - multiple fractured ribs. Byron Leftwich - fractured rib.

Questionable: Ziggy Hood - Lumbar sprain. Should be ok for Sunday.
Antonio Brown, ankle limited in practice but is working out lightly.
Marcus Gilbert - ankle, still limited in practice.
Troy Polamalu - will do light running on Wednesday, still limited in practice.
Isaac Redman - concussions. So far passing all tests, looks positive for him to play on Sunday if all goes well.

Doubtful: Ben Roethlisberger - ribs/shoulder. Tomlin said the news is encouraging in recent tests but still no official timetable for return.

On Leftwich: Tomlin said Byron was communicating with both him and doctors all during the game; they didn't know he had rib fractures and had no plans to pull him during the game based on performance, and appreciated his willingness to tough it out. Tomlin said he knew Byron was in some discomfort but said he didn't see anything on the field coupled with the discussions he had that would lead him to question what both Leftwich and the trainers were telling him.

Steelers worked out Brian Hoyer and Mike Kafka as well as Plaxico Burress and Derrick Williams this morning. Tomlin indicated they are looking to sign at least 1 player from each position to fortify the depth at those positions.

Charlie Batch will start on Sunday. Tomlin said "we have a great deal of confidence in Charlie".

On Plaxico and why they are interested in him: Tomlin said he's in really good condition, good body control and he's no stranger to football.

When asked if Jonathan Dwyer has earned a start, Tomlin said that decision is ongoing. When asked if he preferred a running back by committee or a feature back, he answered that his preference would be a healthy, solidified, feature runner to start but you don't always get what you want.

Zachintosh66
11-20-2012, 05:06 PM
i read an article (looking for link in my history now) that said once Ben is back playing Leftwhich is going on IR and they will bring back Baron Batch... keeping Hoyer on roster remainder of year.

pending Charlie Batch lasts that long...

Clevelandsux
11-20-2012, 05:33 PM
He was talking out his ***. Leftwich got hurt on that first drive. He should have been taken out.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-20-2012, 05:57 PM
Tomlin on Tomlin: It is what it is.

lancer89074
11-21-2012, 03:06 PM
Another occasion for Tomlin to cover his behind for his indecision to pull Leftwich. I sense lies there and I wonder what impact lying will have on his career? Will the players not buy into his spin after a time?