PDA

View Full Version : Didnt know that the Refs were a new team we had to defeat

Airbrush1
11-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Watching the Refs pushing us back and back , I thought to my self where did this new Black and white striped team come from? They re must be super tuff, they can defeat us by throwing those little flags at us and dont even have to wear pads.

Clevelandsux
11-20-2012, 11:06 AM
i guess they missed a block in the back on that jones return. But i'm going to blame the loss on our coaches. ****** game plan, play calling, clock mismanagement and for tomlin to stick with leftwich when he wasn't playing well and was injured.

Speeed
11-20-2012, 11:35 AM
I think there were some questionable calls, but no more than any other game by another team with any other crew (except for the NYG fiasco). I will say that "kicking" call had me perplexed. I think the loss comes down to the stupid finesse pass into the endzone after we waltzed down the field carrying the ball. I know Haley wants those plays back.

LatrobePA
11-20-2012, 11:39 AM
The missed block in the back on the punt return was awful! No excuse in that!

elephantman
11-20-2012, 12:15 PM
the Refs had nothing to do with that loss and I dont believe they are out to get us by any means...accept in the 2005 AFC divisional game against Colts - "they cheated' as Joey porter had said. , but they made it up to us that year

Clevelandsux
11-20-2012, 12:21 PM
i think the refs screwed us in the giants game, no doubt.

LatrobePA
11-20-2012, 12:25 PM
Refs aren't the reason we lost I agree. Tomlin allowing a QB w broken ribs that couldn't throw the ball is!

elephantman
11-20-2012, 12:42 PM
Refs aren't the reason we lost I agree. Tomlin allowing a QB w broken ribs that couldn't throw the ball is!

we scored 3 points in 59 minutes...when does Tomlin need to see to not take leftwich out WTF!

and the Time out with 2.04...that was not necessary and little was to be gained by it, could have called it after the play if we stoppped them....by calling that T.O we put them in a situation whereas they can pass or run as 2 minute warning would have stopped clock anyway so nothing to lose by passing for them ..maybe he wanted them to think pass idk but wtf ..all i know is a was angry about it before the penalty that lost us 40 seconds,,,not that we would have scored with lefty, who reminds me of samual jackson in the movie 'unbreakable'

terrible.towel43
11-20-2012, 12:53 PM
Larry Foote tripping?

Stone
11-20-2012, 01:36 PM
We should have easily won that game! Dwyer was abusing the Ravens in the second half and we all of a sudden get to the red zone and start passing.

Lefty was hurt and couldn't throw the ball 35 yards and we kept throwing it deep.......why not mix the run and some 6-8 yard passes?

Haley lost that game and I didn't see any real issues with officiating.

LatrobePA
11-20-2012, 02:59 PM
Larry Foote tripping?

This one wowed me too... lol

NorCalSteel
11-20-2012, 08:27 PM
I am re-watching the game and if somebody could explain the difference between the block in the back on AB's last called back touchdown and the one the Ravens game that they didn't call I would like to hear it..looked the same to me.

Root4Stlrs
11-20-2012, 09:34 PM
I think bad calls typically even out over the course of a season, and, yes, there were some in this game. I missed the block in the back in real time. The call that mystified me, as others have asserted, was the "tripping" call on Larry Foote. That was probably one of the dumbest calls I have seen. Larry was face down and the Ravens player tripped over his feet the same way it happens on, IDK, EVERY play. This is JMO, but I think most of the referees are too old and too slow to be officiating a game that is so fast. And I'm not just talking slow in terms of ability to "run with" the players. I am talking slow in terms of visual acuity and ability to process and react to incoming data. It's a trade-off of experience, I guess, but I can't believe some of these guys continue to be working as officials.

Rhyno
11-20-2012, 09:57 PM
I don't think the refs can be blamed for the loss to the Ravens and they gave the Steelers the game against the Chiefs. The tripping call on Foote did not surprise me a bit. I have seen that called a few times before and it always looks the same - defender misses the tackle and whips his leg around trying to hit the ball-carrier. That's what I saw Foote do.

SuperSteelers
11-20-2012, 10:02 PM
i guess they missed a block in the back on that jones return. But i'm going to blame the loss on our coaches. ****** game plan, play calling, clock mismanagement and for tomlin to stick with leftwich when he wasn't playing well and was injured.
Amen to that. I'm also pissed at Leftbitch for putting himself before the team knowing damn well he was too injured to play.

steelchamp204
11-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Please shut the hell up, blaming the refs is for Ratbird fans/Pats fans.

SnakeEyes43
11-21-2012, 07:52 AM
There do seem to be a hight numer of questionable calls going against us at the wrong time. But there are no excuses. And I agree, Tomlin keeping in Lefty is what cost us the game. He couldn't throw a 20 yard pass!

scudmissile29
11-21-2012, 11:37 AM
Watching the Refs pushing us back and back , I thought to my self where did this new Black and white striped team come from? They re must be super tuff, they can defeat us by throwing those little flags at us and dont even have to wear pads.

Super Bowl XL

TarlsQtr
11-21-2012, 12:19 PM
Amen to that. I'm also pissed at Leftbitch for putting himself before the team knowing damn well he was too injured to play.

When did the Rooney's make Lefty the head coach? I missed that.