PDA

View Full Version : Gotta root for a Chargers win over Ravens on Sunday now...

Troyisabeast_43
11-19-2012, 07:51 PM
I know a lot of people are doom and gloom after the loss last night saying the Steelers after losing have no chance to win the AFC North now but I wouldnt go that far just yet. The Chargers are now in absolute MUST win mode this weekend with the Ravens coming in. Plus, Ed Reed will be out for this game with his helmet to helmet hit last night as he has been suspended for 1 game. If people remember last season the Ravens went into San Diego and got spanked by the Chargers pretty good in a game they needed to win so there is no reason not to believe it cant happen again. Now if it does happen and the Steelers win in Cleveland on Sunday the deficit in the division goes back to 1 game and then it's game on once again next week in Baltimore for Steelers Ravens round 2 next Sunday in which hopefully Ben will be ready to come back.

I know everybody thinks this division is over after the loss last night but it isnt quite just yet. The Ravens schedule to finish out is much tougher then the Steelers is so if you can get a Ravens loss in San Diego and win in Cleveland next week you make the Ravens once again have to go through you to put a strangle hold on the division. The bottom line is the game last night is over with and the Steelers have to move on and still have to realize that they can still get back in this division race if they take care of their own business. The Ravens are going to drop some games here coming up with the Chargers,Steelers,Redskins,Broncos,Giants and Bengals left on their schedule. I can see 3 losses there. Win this week in Cleveland with Charlie Batch and keep the pressure on the Ravens to keep winning. This division race is far from over yet I think...

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 07:54 PM
With the Ravens still playing the Chargers, Giants, and Broncos, the division race is far from over. The game in Baltimore will be a big deciding factor.

LevonKirkland99
11-19-2012, 07:56 PM
I heard that Reed is suspended for one game, so you would think the Bolts can pull off a win :)

Goodfrom55
11-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Steelers just have to win the games that are on our schedule; it starts there. As poorly or as vanilla as the Steelers looked yesterday on offense, they still moved the ball. Ravens are in trouble.

Troyisabeast_43
11-19-2012, 08:08 PM
Steelers just have to win the games that are on our schedule; it starts there. As poorly or as vanilla as the Steelers looked yesterday on offense, they still moved the ball. Ravens are in trouble.
I agree if I am the Ravens I will take the win no doubt but I am not sitting here bragging about barely hanging on to beat the Steelers with an injured back-up QB the entire game. The Ravens are due to drop a bunch of games and they are playing offenses coming up here that can score points and know how to win games. Joe Flacco and that offense is going to have to play much much better down the stretch or they will not get away with winning games like they did last night. Sooner or later their luck is going to run out. You cant keep winning ugly every single week like the Ravens have been doing all season. At some point it is going to catch up with them...

Troyisabeast_43
11-19-2012, 08:12 PM
With the Ravens still playing the Chargers, Giants, and Broncos, the division race is far from over. The game in Baltimore will be a big deciding factor.Aside from everything as well the Steelers are still in a great position when it comes to being in the playoffs and getting a wildcard spot. They are 6-4 and tied with the Colts right now at 6-4 and have a nice 1 game lead on the Bengals who are 5-5 and who the Steelers still own the head to head tiebraker over and play at home in late December . The next teams that are behind the Steelers are the Chargers,Miami,Jets,Bills,and Titans are all 4-6 and currently 2 games behind the Steelers, and I dont think none of those teams are a serious threat to overtake the Steelers at this point for one of those wildcard spots they simply are not good enough...

Root4Stlrs
11-19-2012, 08:17 PM
I was actually surprised last night at how poorly the Ravens played. Flacco was terrible. I don't see them going very far in the playoffs.

Clevelandsux
11-19-2012, 10:42 PM
steelers must take care of the clowns too.

steelerschick1220
11-19-2012, 11:04 PM
The Ravens have it much tougher from here then we do. I could still see them losing to the Chargers, Giants and Broncos. Definetly feel we are in good shape for a wild card but the divison isnt totally out of hand. Fingers crossed Ben can still be back for the 2nd ravens game.

Goodfrom55
11-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Facing Cleveland's defense will be much like facing the Ravens with one exception - The Brown defense commits way more penalties. Keep special teams in check, limit Batch's attempts to <25, and just run the friggin ball. We are simply buying time here; style points don't matter. A 3-0 win is still a win in my book and it keeps the Steelers right in the thick of things.

Real Deal Steel
11-20-2012, 10:05 AM
Look,

The Browns play us just as ferocious as the Ravens do. Remember, it was the Browns last year who really ended our season when they gave Ben that high ankle sprain. The Browns will put Charlie Batch out the game if given the chance and they would happily take a penalty to do it. So it behooves us to run the freakin ball a whole lot.

I wouldn't mind on running the ball on both first and second down and keep 3rd down real manageable for Batch. Keeping Batch at the most, 22 pass attempts for the game sounds about right.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-20-2012, 10:07 AM
Facing Cleveland's defense will be much like facing the Ravens with one exception - The Brown defense commits way more penalties. Keep special teams in check, limit Batch's attempts to <25, and just run the friggin ball. We are simply buying time here; style points don't matter. A 3-0 win is still a win in my book and it keeps the Steelers right in the thick of things.

:iagree: Plus we may not have the horses to put up more than 17-20 points in this game anyway. Don't get cute or fancy, or try and air it out. Run the damn ball, use play action, manageable short passes and if Batch is able to maybe go deep to Wallace once or twice and see if he can come down with it or get another PI.

LatrobePA
11-20-2012, 10:08 AM
This is a no brainer.. I fn hate Phillip Rivers so it'll be painful either way!

steelspikes
11-20-2012, 10:46 AM
This is a no brainer.. I fn hate Phillip Rivers so it'll be painful either way!
Rooting agin Ratbirds goes without saying....but don't count on them to lose. They are skilled at doing just enough to win, and they rarely shoot themselves in the foot as other teams seem to do (see Cowboys).
Am mystified how anybody could hate Philip Rivers: a very nice & decent family man with like 6 kids.

coldrolled
11-20-2012, 11:59 AM
The way the Steelers and Ravens are hurting, the Bengals may come from 3rd to first real quick.....

We maybe sixth seed with Cinci on top. This season just started...

LatrobePA
11-20-2012, 12:11 PM
Rooting agin Ratbirds goes without saying....but don't count on them to lose. They are skilled at doing just enough to win, and they rarely shoot themselves in the foot as other teams seem to do (see Cowboys).
Am mystified how anybody could hate Philip Rivers: a very nice & decent family man with like 6 kids.

He's a pos that does nothing but run his mouth on the field.

Goodfrom55
11-20-2012, 04:11 PM
Speaking of protection, one thing is for sure. . .Mike Adams needs help. he makes great contact and arm extension, but his footwork is absolutely dreadful. Lot of chipping on his side come SUnday.

Whatever it takes.

Clevelandsux
11-20-2012, 04:13 PM
Wont mean a thing if we dont take care of business.

LatrobePA
11-20-2012, 04:26 PM
Speaking of protection, one thing is for sure. . .Mike Adams needs help. he makes great contact and arm extension, but his footwork is absolutely dreadful. Lot of chipping on his side come SUnday.

Whatever it takes.

I'm a huge Adams fan but I agree he was awful Sunday night. On the bright side he'll learn...

Troyisabeast_43
11-20-2012, 05:05 PM
The way the Steelers and Ravens are hurting, the Bengals may come from 3rd to first real quick.....

We maybe sixth seed with Cinci on top. This season just started...The Bengals have no chance to win this division period. They are 1-3 in the division and have already lost to the Ravens and the Steelers one time each. They are 5-5 right now and are still very much in the wildcard hunt but the Steelers get the Bengals here at home still and have already beat them head to head. But to clear it up again the Bengals have absolutely zero chance of winning this division...

Goodfrom55
11-20-2012, 05:07 PM
I'm a huge Adams fan but I agree he was awful Sunday night. On the bright side he'll learn...

I like him as well and he has gotten better, but just saying he is not the strongest pass blocker at this time.

Troyisabeast_43
11-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Facing Cleveland's defense will be much like facing the Ravens with one exception - The Brown defense commits way more penalties. Keep special teams in check, limit Batch's attempts to <25, and just run the friggin ball. We are simply buying time here; style points don't matter. A 3-0 win is still a win in my book and it keeps the Steelers right in the thick of things.I agree with you. Weeden has improved a great deal throughout the year but he can be a turnover machine at times and always seems to make key mistakes or throw a bad INT at just the right time for the other team. I think this is going to be the week that the Steelers defense finally creates a bunch of big difference making turnovers in this game that ultimately will end up being the difference in the game. Like you said it doesnt matter if the Steelers win 3-0 or 59-0 just get the hell out of Cleveland with a W and improve your record to 7-4 and improve your playoff chances. Then, hopefully at 4 the Ravens lose to the Chargers and the Steelers are right back within 1 game of the Ravens for the division lead going into that 2nd meeting in Baltimore next weekend where hopefully Ben Roethlisberger will be ready to make his return...

Goodfrom55
11-20-2012, 09:00 PM
Troy, you mention turnovers, one thiing our DB's need to do a better job of is actually hang onto the ball. Too many times they have a pass hit them in the hands or facemask, etc. and it falls to the ground. Can't happen anymore. Not fair to say, but it is what it is, it's up to the defense to win the next couple games until Ben gets back. Pick 6 or a Rainey TD on a return - we need some non-offensive generated TD's.