PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin needs to make a decision on this RB situation

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2012, 04:13 PM
So you say you're going to go with the hot hand, beyond a shadow of a doubt that is Jonathan Dwyer. So Mendenhall comes in and does absolutely nothing, getting stopped at the line, doing his old indecisive dance routine in the backfield and ends up with 11 carries for 33 yds; 3.0 ypc. Dwyer comes in 12 carries for 55 yds, about 5 ypc average.

This whole ridiculous musical chairs thing has got to stop now. If you're going with the hot hand then do it and stop looking back. They clearly tried to force feed Mendenhall the ball up until midway through the 4th quarter before finally letting Dwyer have at it again.

Mendy is good in space, I'll give you that. He can make people miss with swing passes and dump offs. He was clearly rusty in this game. Now yes the OL was having serious issues getting any push whatsoever, as soon as a hole opened it closed within a second or two.

However JD was able to have more success, falling forward and dragging people. Enough is enough with this Mendenhall is the best back on the team; he may have the "complete package" but he's not healthy and he's not the hot hand. When you're a team like Pittsburgh is now, there is no complete package system to run on. You go with what's working until it stops working, and so far this year for JD it has not stopped working.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Another case in point, the dump pass from Lefty to Dwyer; he fights and reaches for that first down. That's they stuff you want to see, that you love to see a player do. That type of play, finishing off runs reaching for the first down, you can't help but love that.

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 06:39 PM
People think he's the best option based on draft pick. Me not so much! I still think he's good just not last night.

muncher
11-19-2012, 06:50 PM
tomlin will make his decision on the rb situation as soon as rooney tells him how to decide