PDA

View Full Version : A Little Optimism?

sdurity
11-19-2012, 10:24 AM
I know - this loss stinks. And it was my first time to see the Steelers at Heinz Field, too. However, I have some good memories of the trip and some optimism about the game. Here's my take on the game (http://voices.yahoo.com/four-positives-steelers-tough-loss-the-11888210.html?cat=14):

FlatsSteeler
11-19-2012, 10:45 AM
Your Take sums it up pretty well......:lol::lol:

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 10:49 AM

Ha!

Even though we lost, that must have been a sweet game to attend. Was it crazy? I've always wanted to go to a Ravens night game.

Steel4Real
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM

I think I did the same as you, and laughed that dgold forgot to type anything, but then I saw the words "my take on the game" were actually a link to his web post/blog about the evening.

ChucktownSteeler
11-19-2012, 12:03 PM
Great effort by the defense, wasted but great.

coldrolled
11-19-2012, 12:04 PM
Great effort by the defense, wasted but great.

Where were they in Oalkland?

sdurity
11-20-2012, 10:15 PM
The crowd was great, from what I could see and hear. I was actually in the press box, so it was a very different atmosphere. I was most impressed with the passion that the city demonstrated with at least half the folks I saw around town in Steelers gear. At the stadium, I think everyone was in uniform. There were some dreaded purple jerseys, but you couldn't tell by looking in the stadium. Totally unlike the Steeler faithful at every road game.

Stone
11-21-2012, 09:03 AM
Where were they in Oalkland?

Still in Pittsburgh

LatrobePA
11-21-2012, 09:21 AM
The two crap games we lost while somewhat healthy will come back to bite us in the ***.

From what I've read, Troy is no where near game shape regardless of if he's healed.. So no hope on him being ready anytime soon...

coldrolled
11-21-2012, 10:24 AM
The two crap games we lost while somewhat healthy will come back to bite us in the ***.

From what I've read, Troy is no where near game shape regardless of if he's healed.. So no hope on him being ready anytime soon...

If we can weather out the injuries thru xmas, and stay the sixth seed, we could actually revive to power in the post season...

LatrobePA
11-21-2012, 10:25 AM
If we can weather out the injuries thru xmas, and stay the sixth seed, we could actually revive to power in the post season...

I agree, but damn every game someone gets hurt. It's crazy!

Real Deal Steel
11-21-2012, 10:42 AM
The games we lost to the Raiders and Titans are destroying us right now.

SnakeEyes43
11-21-2012, 01:36 PM

THIS!

Living in Indiana, I hear a lot about how we are "done" and have little chance in the playoffs (like the Colts do?). I prefer this actually. I love sneaking in as the under dog Wildcard with a chip on your shoulder. Like 2005, that "us against the world" mentality. By late December, we will likely have Troy, Ben, Brown, DeCastro, and Gilbert back. "Yikes" says 31 other teams. If we get healthy, we will be one hard team to beat.

steelchamp204
11-21-2012, 02:10 PM
If we can win 2 more games. Get healthy at the right time and the Bronco's lose somehow at home. We have a good chance.

Goodfrom55
11-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Back when the Steelers were 1-3, I said it would be nice, but not a necessity for the Steelers to win the division. Yes it would be a hard road, but with all the injuries, the Steelers should simply set their goal to qualify for the playoffs. Does that mean they shouldn't try to win out? Of course not. But unless they get a 1st round bye, winning the division is not imperative to their success - as history has shown us.