PDA

View Full Version : my observations from last night

Zachintosh66
11-19-2012, 11:05 AM
1. Thanks to Leftwhich for being tough and hanging in there... Batch woulda gotten hurt in the huddle.
2. Haley did a **** poor job calling plays IMO. I thought we'd of played a shorter pass game.
3. Dwyer had the "hot hand", but knowing MT he'll go back to 3rd string, b/c thats how MT operates. *rolls eyes*
4. Mendy not running out of bounds was ridiculous. Thats youth football stuff
5. Wallace's play... what can i say that hasn't already been said. Now his attuitude and effort is effecting his play.
6. Hood < Heyward this is so obvious after last night. Heyward was destroying his guy where as Hood just falls over.
7. Defense is stellar, hopefully Woodley and James can get hot as the season goes on. Were only lacking a pass rush.
8. Keenan Lewis is gonna be special
9. Where was Rainey? Screen game coulda helped...
10.When is Tomlin gonna be held responsible for his on field coaching?

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2012, 11:29 AM
1. Thanks to Leftwhich for being tough and hanging in there... Batch woulda gotten hurt in the huddle.
2. Haley did a **** poor job calling plays IMO. I thought we'd of played a shorter pass game.
3. Dwyer had the "hot hand", but knowing MT he'll go back to 3rd string, b/c thats how MT operates. *rolls eyes*
5. Wallace's play... what can i say that hasn't already been said. Now his attuitude and effort is effecting his play.
6. Hood < Heyward this is so obvious after last night. Heyward was destroying his guy where as Hood just falls over.
7. Defense is stellar, hopefully Woodley and James can get hot as the season goes on. Were only lacking a pass rush.

1. Leftwhich was very ineffective after his TD run....I would have put Batch in and I'm one of the biggest Charlie's to old complainers on this board.....But the game was within reach and I do think Batch would have made some of the throws that Lefty missed.....

2. Toddy Haley called a terrible game.......Came out way to pass happy to begin the game but then went to the running game to late when the Steelers were behind and running out of time.... If that had been BA all the talk would be how big of an idiot BA is so Haley better not get a pass......

3. I agree 100% that Dwyer should get the bulk of the carries going forward....Was anxious to see Rashard last night but once again he left me disappointed....Was so excited about Rashard when he was drafted but he hasn't been the RB I thought he would be coming out of college....Good bye Rashard and let some other team over pay for him.....

4. Mendenhall such **** poor awareness on that play....Get out of bounds you idiot....

5. I'm a Wallace defender but you're right his fumble and overall lack to comeback to the football was disgusting......Can't defend that at all....

6. Hood is what he is at this point a miscast as a 3-4 DE and I don't know why Heyward doesn't get more snaps....Hopefully going forward Heyward will....

7. The defense has been awesome after a rough start to the season......Shocking when considering there is no consistent pass rush.......I keep hoping Harrison is going to start showing glimpses of his past self but I don't think so at this point.....I do think Woodley has been pretty good all year but its hard when he is really the only threat.....Teams can scheme against him......

8. Lewis is the most improved player on the team......

9. Chris Rainey needs to be involved more every game......I really don't understand why Todd Haley doesn't use Rainey more.....I know Haley had a hand in the drafting of Rainey.....

10. I have been very vocal about Mike Tomlin.....I really think he is useless HC and is only good for witty cliches that are getting old......But since he won a Super Bowl unless this team really falls off the cliff in the next few years then we're going to be stuck with him....To many times this year the Steelers have looked unprepared, flat on the road....Plus undisciplined and very bad at clock management.....All reflects the HC and Mikey T you're a big fraud.......

Zachintosh66
11-19-2012, 11:51 AM
Oh yeah Im not saying Leftwhich was right for the job... theres just no one on the roster capable.

i was refering to him being "tough" only, lol. I have less faith in Batch... he sneezes and goes on IR.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2012, 12:00 PM
Oh yeah Im not saying Leftwhich was right for the job... theres just no one on the roster capable.

i was refering to him being "tough" only, lol. I have less faith in Batch... he sneezes and goes on IR.

The Steelers need to groom a backup QB big time....I'm not saying I have faith in Batch but I do think a change at halftime should have been made.....The game was within reach and it was clear that Lefty couldn't get it done last night....What ticks me off still is the stupid fade call to Wallace on 3rd and 2......The running game had been clicking and really run it twice with Dwyer there......Go for it on 4th down and if the Steelers don't the first the Ravens offense would have been pinned deep and the Ravens offense hadn't moved the ball on the Steelers D all game......Deciding to go kick the three really cost the Steelers the game.....He was playing not lose instead of playing to win.......Again I blame Mike Tomlin.......

Steveo
11-19-2012, 12:55 PM
I think my biggest problem was the play calling in the fourth when we were first and goal. Dywers was running great, and Leftwhich was struggling. Why didn't we continue to run the ball instead of try two pass plays to the corner of the end zone? We had a better chance of picking up the first down on the two yard line then we did of catching a ball in the end zone.

ChucktownSteeler
11-19-2012, 01:05 PM

All outstanding points and spot-on!

Moondog
11-19-2012, 01:25 PM
The Steelers need to groom a backup QB big time....I'm not saying I have faith in Batch but I do think a change at halftime should have been made.....The game was within reach and it was clear that Lefty couldn't get it done last night....What ticks me off still is the stupid fade call to Wallace on 3rd and 2......The running game had been clicking and really run it twice with Dwyer there......Go for it on 4th down and if the Steelers don't the first the Ravens offense would have been pinned deep and the Ravens offense hadn't moved the ball on the Steelers D all game......Deciding to go kick the three really cost the Steelers the game.....He was playing not lose instead of playing to win.......Again I blame Mike Tomlin.......
I agree, his situational football awareness seems highly suspect. I think he's conservative at times when he needs to be aggresssive and aggressive when he needs to be conservative.

Zachintosh66
11-19-2012, 02:01 PM
At least we know where were going to get cap room from next year... Mendy, Wallace, Hampton all gone

Harrison is gonna have to restructure or walk as well.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2012, 03:27 PM
At least we know where were going to get cap room from next year... Mendy, Wallace, Hampton all gone

Harrison is gonna have to restructure or walk as well.

I would say Troy has to as well.........

JakeTN1
11-19-2012, 03:59 PM
As I said awhile ago, on the plane ride back from Denver last year I would have fired even the ball boy! 1st to go would have been Tomlin and then Lebeau! What a disgrace losing to Tebow on National TV!! We were getting the Hell beat out of us, and if it hadn't been for Ben with a comeback, we would have been more than a disgrace! After last night's debacle, Tomlin needs an *** chewing of epic proportion!! :rant2:

Stone
11-19-2012, 04:06 PM

I like this! But I'm going to have to disagree on #1 ...Leftwich was hurt, and Haley was retarded, but Lefty repeatedly made horrible decisions that Batch could have handled better. He picked the wrong receiver time after time, he threw to the middle during a 2 minute drill with no time outs left (because "he" wasted them). The story on Leftwich is "supposedly" that he reads defenses well, he has a cannon for an arm, and he's smart.

Last night:

He couldn't read a menu!

He couldn't throw the ball 35 yards!

He made stupid decisions at crucial times!

papabaier
11-19-2012, 04:50 PM
LeBeau's dee has really picked it up and played great last night. Tomlin continues to SUCK at game time. Also tired of his BS cliches and BS rhetoric. He is oblivious on player injuries that hurt the performance of the team, like Ben's ankle last year, Lefty last night. If he has no confidence in Batch, why the hell is on the roster?? Mendy better out in space, I cringe evry time he runs up the middle. Dwyer looks good, but seems to have no stamina - two plays, then he oulls himself out. That needs to improve to rely on him. Got to get Brown back - Wallace blows. Have liked Haley's O all year, but most of the play calling last night had me throwing the foam rubber bricks at the TV. Ugly loss when the Ravens couldn't do crap.

Goodfrom55
11-19-2012, 05:14 PM

That is my biggest problem today. It's 3rd and 2 - get the 1st down and then you can try the low % fade to Wallace. Steelers had to have a TD there; they needed a 1st down. . .getting aggrivated again. Sometimes these coaches are too smart for their own good.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 05:47 PM
Let me say something,

I"ve been very critical of Dick Lebeau this season. Yes I feel that he makes adjustments to slow. But he has shown the last two-three games that he still has what it takes. So let me give Mr. Lebeau his props.

I'm man enough to bash him and I'm also man enough to praise him when he does well.

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 05:51 PM
Let me say something,

I"ve been very critical of Dick Lebeau this season. Yes I feel that he makes adjustments to slow. But he has shown the last two-three games that he still has what it takes. So let me give Mr. Lebeau his props.

I'm man enough to bash him and I'm also man enough to praise him when he does well.

I love Dick too. lol

Goodfrom55
11-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Outside of head and Shoulders, this defense is healthy and playing great football. We will need this down the stretch until Ben gets back in the mix.

Clevelandsux
11-19-2012, 08:45 PM
10. I have been very vocal about Mike Tomlin.....I really think he is useless HC and is only good for witty cliches that are getting old......But since he won a Super Bowl unless this team really falls off the cliff in the next few years then we're going to be stuck with him....To many times this year the Steelers have looked unprepared, flat on the road....Plus undisciplined and very bad at clock management.....All reflects the HC and Mikey T you're a big fraud.......[/QUOTE]

after last night im starting to agree.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 08:47 PM
If Ben isn't back for the second Ravens game, he can take the rest of the year off.