PDA

View Full Version : Dwyer > Mendenhall

scudmissile29
11-19-2012, 08:36 AM
It's clear to me that we don't need to resign Mendenhall.

To get to the playoffs you always need to conquer your division rivals and Dwyer played impressive last night.

Dwyer should become our starting running back.

BLACKandGOLD
11-19-2012, 08:48 AM
I've never really liked Mendy and last night Dwyer definitely proved to me why I love him. He runs like the bus

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 09:08 AM
Mendy was rusty and danced way too much! Dwyer just says f it and runs through people.

scudmissile29
11-19-2012, 09:39 AM
Dwyer is much more suited to us!

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 09:41 AM
I still like Mendy, but no, his re-signing is not essential.

I like Dwyer, Redman, Rainey, and Batch. That's a pretty good group.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 10:55 AM
Dwyer outplayed Mendy. Period.

papabaier
11-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Dwyer needs to improve his stamina though. 2 good plays and he pulls himself.

Big T
11-19-2012, 04:02 PM

That's the one thing I've been critical about with Dwyer. He's got the tools, he just needs to lean out a bit and get better conditioned to reach his full potential. People bitch about Tomlin saying they'll ride the hot hand and not doing so when Dwyer was the hot hand last night. That wasn't the case, Dwyer took himself out.

Cricker24
11-19-2012, 04:08 PM

That's EXACTLY what I was going to say!! I truly believe that Dwyer is the best RB on the team right now, but it was frustrating to see him "tap out" every time he had one or two good plays in a row. I was watching the game with my Dad and I said to him after Dwyer took himself out after a great run, "Dwyer needs to suck it up and stay on the field." How can Tomlin stay with the hot hand if the hot hand takes himself out after a couple of plays? To me, that was more frustrating to watch than Leftwich's performance.

Chris :tt02:

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 04:11 PM

Yes sir...

Forged in Steel
11-19-2012, 04:47 PM
The title should say: Every Steelers' RB but Mendenhall > Mendenhall

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 04:55 PM
So the new excuse is "Dwyer is out of shape" huh? Wow. So an "out of shape" RB is out playing an "in shape" runningback and you still insist that Mendy is better? This gets more ridiculous as it goes.

Nolrog
11-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Mendenhal is the best back on the team. Dwyer is a nice compliment, but we're better off with Mendy.

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 05:32 PM
Mendenhal is the best back on the team. Dwyer is a nice compliment, but we're better off with Mendy.

Last night? Mendy was awful, but I felt he played rusty and flat. Too much dancing.. Dwyer just wants to run people over.

Goodfrom55
11-19-2012, 05:42 PM
Dwyer was clearly the most effective runner last night. I for one don't believe Mendy is close to 100% from the ACL or achilles, but is making an effort. As much as I like Mendy and I think he is the most talented RB on the roster, his lackluster play, for whatever the reason, will result in the Steelers not bringing him back next season - especially if Dwyer and Red can handle things.

K Train
11-19-2012, 05:56 PM
this will be a thread every other week. 2 good backs, offer different things and will like compete for playing time...hot hand wins

Big T
11-19-2012, 05:58 PM
this will be a thread every other week. 2 good backs, offer different things and will like compete for playing time...hot hand wins

This...

Goodfrom55
11-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Kinda of like when Sanders and Brown were rookies, 2 dogs and one bone.

Dwyer is good for ground and pound while Mendy can run it up inside AND take it to the house. Just wish he was healthy; we're not seeing the true Rashard Mendenhall right now.

Big T
11-19-2012, 06:29 PM
Kinda of like when Sanders and Brown were rookies, 2 dogs and one bone.

Dwyer is good for ground and pound while Mendy can run it up inside AND take it to the house. Just wish he was healthy; we're not seeing the true Rashard Mendenhall right now.

This. I hate all this "F*ck Mike Wallace, AB is better", "No Wallace is better", "Dwyer is so much better than Mendenhall", "No, Mendenhall is better" bullshit. Can't we all just be happy with the fact that we have good players at both positions with different but very useful skill sets that can help this team. Instead we have to play the "my dad can beat up your dad" card every f*cking week. ****'s old.

Real Deal Steel
11-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Mendy out there fumbling again against the browns huh? Oh yeah...Mendy is a good as Dwyer. NOT!

Mendy is constantly fumbling. That is one of the factors as to why he isn't better.

Mendy will be allowed to leave because he clearly isn't worth the money or better then Dwyer.

If we had Adrian Peterson, do you think we wouldn't pay him? Of course we would because AP is clearly a superior talent over Dwyer. But because Mendy ISN'T the superior talent, he will be allowed to leave.

Mendy just out there fumbling and doing that stupid spin move for no reason that leaves him suspetable to fumbling.

scudmissile29
11-25-2012, 02:13 PM
**** Mendenhall, he can go ****ing stand with Osama and have a ****ing chat with him.

Big T
11-25-2012, 02:16 PM
Mendy out there fumbling again against the browns huh? Oh yeah...Mendy is a good as Dwyer. NOT!

Mendy is constantly fumbling. That is one of the factors as to why he isn't better.

Mendy will be allowed to leave because he clearly isn't worth the money or better then Dwyer.

If we had Adrian Peterson, do you think we wouldn't pay him? Of course we would because AP is clearly a superior talent over Dwyer. But because Mendy ISN'T the superior talent, he will be allowed to leave.

Mendy just out there fumbling and doing that stupid spin move for no reason that leaves him suspetable to fumbling.

You were saying?

scudmissile29
11-25-2012, 02:22 PM
LOL Big T have your moment!

p.s. having a big moan about Mike T after this game, but I didn't think we were going to do amazing without Ben, wasn't one of those *16-0* or 30-10 predictions over the ravens lol

steelchamp204
11-25-2012, 02:31 PM
Rainey > All. Sorry had to throw it in there haha

Big T
11-25-2012, 03:05 PM
Rainey > All. Sorry had to throw it in there haha

Lol. In all honesty though, the performances by all 3 other running backs are pathetic. I like the message Tomlin is sending by benching everyone who fumbled.

scudmissile29
11-25-2012, 03:14 PM
Lol. In all honesty though, the performances by all 3 other running backs are pathetic. I like the message Tomlin is sending by benching everyone who fumbled.

That's just about the only thing he did good.

Why bring in Hoyer and not someone like David Garrard who actually did ok in Jacksonville?

Real Deal Steel
11-25-2012, 04:19 PM
Mendy was fumbling all day. they even tried to put him back in and he fumbled again but the one of our linemen fell on it.

And Big T, Mendy fumbled away a superbowl victory too. Remember that? I've seen enough of Mendanhall. Oh..and by the way, even though Dwyer fumbled, he still out rushed Mendy..again.

You can have Mendy. I can't wait until his gone. He's done nothing but fumble at the most in opportune times or not shown up in our biggest games.

Real Deal Steel
11-25-2012, 04:20 PM

Yeah..but he went back to sorry *** Mendy and Mendy fumbled again!!! Only we were lucky to recover it.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-25-2012, 04:21 PM
I said last year that Rashard wouldn't receive contract number 2 from the Steelers and his play this year has proven that he won't.....But all the RB's sucked today.....every one of them........

teeceemadison
11-25-2012, 04:23 PM
dwyer's fumble didnt turn into points.....big difference.

TarlsQtr
11-25-2012, 05:23 PM
Mendy was fumbling all day. they even tried to put him back in and he fumbled again but the one of our linemen fell on it.

And Big T, Mendy fumbled away a superbowl victory too. Remember that? I've seen enough of Mendanhall. Oh..and by the way, even though Dwyer fumbled, he still out rushed Mendy..again.

You can have Mendy. I can't wait until his gone. He's done nothing but fumble at the most in opportune times or not shown up in our biggest games.

LOL Really? Dwyer is the better back based on a 19 yard (to put it clearly, he ran like a bi+ch) and one fumble effort? That is some thin gruel...

A case could be made that Dwyer is the better back. Unfortunately, you never make it, instead just repeating the most ridiculous "logic" ever to be posted on an internet message board.

SteelerCountry58
11-25-2012, 05:28 PM
Well,with what we have I would give Dwyer most of the load from here on out.
It was just a really bad game by all backs today,the ball was not our friend,LOL.

TarlsQtr
11-25-2012, 05:30 PM
dwyer's fumble didnt turn into points.....big difference.

And Dwyer did what to prevent that? It is pure dumb luck and has nothing to do with who is the better back.

The entire offense sucked today. To use this performance to merely boost up the players some are invested in (Dwyer) or to tear down one some do not like (Batch, Mendy) is just tiresome. Is Rainey on the sh!+ list too? He fumbled twice as well.

I fail to see how anyone with an unbiased view can say Dwyer (19 yards and a fumble) looked better than any of the other backs or that Batch is the reason we lost the game (he contributed to it, for sure).

Clevelandsux
11-25-2012, 07:29 PM
they all sucked today.

Raleigh Steel
11-25-2012, 08:02 PM
not to mention the o-line was pathetic today...injuries were a cause...

the play calling wasn't totally awful, but could have been better.

the entire team (offense) sucked *** today!!!!

TarlsQtr
11-25-2012, 08:33 PM
Agreed, they all sucked. To those who want to use this game to boost up a RB as the #1 guy, then you have to go with Will Johnson as the starter next week. One catch for 13 yards and he blocks. It is pathetic, but THAT is the best performance of any of our backs today.

Clevelandsux
11-25-2012, 08:43 PM
i havent seen this awful of a performance by a steelers team in a longtime.

TarlsQtr
11-25-2012, 08:50 PM
i havent seen this awful of a performance by a steelers team in a longtime.

The one that I remember that was probably worse (but not by much) was here. (http://old.post-gazette.com/steelers/20021209steele1209p2.asp)

I will never forget the Texans having 47 yards TOTAL OFFENSE and beating us 24-6.

Real Deal Steel
11-25-2012, 11:35 PM
No doubt all the runningbacks stunk today. But Mendy was the worse. Two fumbles and benched twice in one game. And he got out rushed. Sorry Tarlsqtr....you can try and just throw everybody in the mix if you choose. But Mendy was the worse of them all.

TarlsQtr
11-25-2012, 11:51 PM
No doubt all the runningbacks stunk today. But Mendy was the worse. Two fumbles and benched twice in one game. And he got out rushed. Sorry Tarlsqtr....you can try and just throw everybody in the mix if you choose. But Mendy was the worse of them all.

Whatever. If you want to take solace in the fact that your baby daddy was ever so slightly less sh!++y than Mendy, go ahead. Those 19 yards were so clutch. Other than Will Johnson, they all should have to run back from Cleveland holding a football in each hand.

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 11:54 PM
I just looked at the offensive stats gang, this team isn't doing a whole lot right on that side of the ball. This is for the season, ranked below mid and lower. So the RB's aren't getting the job done well neither are the WR's!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-26-2012, 12:19 AM
The one that I remember that was probably worse (but not by much) was here. (http://old.post-gazette.com/steelers/20021209steele1209p2.asp)

I will never forget the Texans having 47 yards TOTAL OFFENSE and beating us 24-6.

I'll never forget that game....The Texans were an expansion team and playing in Pittsburgh.......Tommy Maddox was terrible.......

Real Deal Steel
11-27-2012, 03:44 PM
The Mendy/Dwyer debate has been settled today per the Steelers depth chart.

With all things even now, Dwyer has beat out Mendy and Dwyer is the starter going forward. While Mendy is plotting his next free agent move.

K Train
11-27-2012, 03:56 PM
The Mendy/Dwyer debate has been settled today per the Steelers depth chart.

With all things even now, Dwyer has beat out Mendy and Dwyer is the starter going forward. While Mendy is plotting his next free agent move.

at this rate dwyer is a fumble away from a new starter being named, it doesnt matter...tomlin has shown hes non committal to all of them

LatrobePA
11-27-2012, 04:12 PM
I just dropped a piece of paper at work, will I be benched?

Real Deal Steel
11-27-2012, 04:30 PM
I just dropped a piece of paper at work, will I be benched?

If you drop it again like Mendy did, you may. LOL

Real Deal Steel
11-27-2012, 04:32 PM
at this rate dwyer is a fumble away from a new starter being named, it doesnt matter...tomlin has shown hes non committal to all of them

Settle down K Train, settle down. hehehe. He was also benched for his lack of productivity the last two weeks.

K Train
11-27-2012, 04:34 PM
i like that they went with rainey a bit last week.....they need to run some screens/swings though or put him out wide

Real Deal Steel
11-27-2012, 04:35 PM
Why can't they use rainey the way sproles is used in New Orleans?

K Train
11-27-2012, 04:47 PM
Why can't they use rainey the way sproles is used in New Orleans?

every midget RB is always the next sproles just like every white WR is always the next welker...i do think that rainey is about as close to sproles as weve seen though since sproles came out. Sproles is so effective in NO because they attack the seams more than any team, this is done with jimmy graham at TE and colston playing the slot with tremendous guard play. I think they may be on the cusp of being able to effectively run a similar scheme, so i hope they keep rainey involved/on the roster in the next few years

Real Deal Steel
11-28-2012, 10:26 AM
I'd like to attack the seams. But we'd need a QB to do that. :evilshake:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2012, 12:50 PM
every midget RB is always the next sproles just like every white WR is always the next welker...i do think that rainey is about as close to sproles as weve seen though since sproles came out. Sproles is so effective in NO because they attack the seams more than any team, this is done with jimmy graham at TE and colston playing the slot with tremendous guard play. I think they may be on the cusp of being able to effectively run a similar scheme, so i hope they keep rainey involved/on the roster in the next few years

Awesome post......I think the Steelers could have the guard play soon if DeCastro isn't effected by his knee injury.......Miller is a damn good TE but he isn't an athletic freak like Jimmy Graham but still he is a TE you can attack the seams with......My question is do they have a WR like Colston on the roster?......Colston is such a matchup problem from that position due his size...He is almost like another TE out there.......

Real Deal Steel
11-28-2012, 12:58 PM
OH...by the way guys, I don't know if anyone saw this,

But Toney Clemmons was signed off our practice squad yesterday by the Jaguars.

Real Deal Steel
12-12-2012, 10:04 AM
Mendy is putting a bright red ribbon on his exit box out of here.

Black@Gold Forever32
12-12-2012, 03:54 PM
They'll miss Mendy's skills, but not him personally. They need to keep one of Dwyer/Redman, tell Batch to get on with his life's work (Baron), diversify the package that Rainey is involved in and find a themselves a true #1 back, with Mendenhall's talent but a bigger love of football.

http://steelerfury.com/phpBB/styles/black_pearl/imageset/post_exclamation.png (http://steelerfury.com/phpBB/report.php?f=3&p=553820)