PDA

View Full Version : The little things did us in...

Raleigh Steel
11-19-2012, 08:24 AM
Plenty of blame to go around last night, but it was the little things that cost us the game.

We said that the Steelers would need to play a perfect game to win without Ben, and we didn't!

False start and holding penalties putting us in 2 and 3rd and longs...

Giving up a punt return...i know this was a big play, but the little things of punt coverage slips this team time and again...

Wallace fumble after a nice catch and run...

Play calling; 3rd and shorts and 30 yard pass plays to full backs?...fad patterns when the steelers are gashing the ravens on the run...

Clock management...2 timeouts on the same drive, within 40 seconds?...these things can't happen.

Defensive offsides on 3rd & 7 before the 2 minute warning...cost us a free timeout and a lot of time.

Mendy staying in bounds...

I'm sure I missed a few others (my brain is up yet), but all these little things added up to a huge loss that should have and could have been a big win for us. now we sit at 6-4 and really have very little room for error the rest of the way.

These things need to be cleaned up, because Ben can cover up these kind of mistakes with his play. And don't sleep on the browns. Next week is not a gimmie!

Omicron
11-19-2012, 08:30 AM
Giving up a punt return...i know this was a big play, but the little things of punt coverage slips this team time and again..

Yeah, but the non- call from the idiot refs on the block in the back by the Scumbirds screwed that play.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 12:14 PM
Yeah, but the non- call from the idiot refs on the block in the back by the Scumbirds screwed that play.

Your soooo right about that. But Lefty was as awful as I've been saying. He can't play anymore. The guy had a week's worth of reps and he was still God awful.

steelersbabex25
11-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Defensive offsides on 3rd & 7 before the 2 minute warning...cost us a free timeout and a lot of time.

"Defensive offsides" is a little redundant, don't ya think? ;)

In all seriousness, I will now and will always refer to that as the offsides that changed a season. 2:00 with the ball is very different from 1:00 with the ball.

Zachintosh66
11-19-2012, 02:07 PM
Once again Tomlin gets out-coached...

Yet he's never held accountable. As the man would say... "it is what it is." That guy couldn't coach his way out of Pop Warner. He just good on the mic and with the one liners. So is the Rock and the Rock is a crowd favorite too, I just dont want either of them "coaching" my team. Keep it up Mike and Vince McMahon can get you the intercontinental championship.

Zachintosh66
11-19-2012, 02:21 PM
couldnt help it...

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o286/heffrandotnet/tomlinchamp.jpg