PDA

View Full Version : Mikey No Show again!

scudmissile29
11-19-2012, 02:48 AM
Everyone knows my pure hatred for Mike Wallace, I wish it was him that got hit hard and not Cotchery and that he would be out a few games.

Anyway, Wanting big money? Must put up some big numbers and be one of the most scrutinized of players!

A bullshit no appearance tonight, A BS interference call (imo) **** poor stats.

Remind me? What day does the season end? So I know he's ****ed off?

NYCsteelersfan
11-19-2012, 02:53 AM
I've argued since last season that Wallace is in no way shape or form a number one WR. Maybe the Steelers will draft a big sure-handed receiver for Roethlisberger to throw to before he's 40 years or old or dead.

Clevelandsux
11-19-2012, 02:54 AM
agreed on wallace. has left alot on the field this year.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 07:49 AM
Wallace not showing up for the biggest game of the year. Hmmm.

Well, the Mike Wallace ballwashers will be here in a minute. three, two, one.........

ChucktownSteeler
11-19-2012, 08:01 AM
Wallace not showing up for the biggest game of the year. Hmmm.

Well, the Mike Wallace ballwashers will be here in a minute. three, two, one.........

I taped the game and but got home in time to see the 4th quarter. Wallace made no effort on the pass to him late in the game on 3rd down. Wallace is playing "not to get hurt". The sooner he is out of here the better.

Can anyone imagine Hines, Swann, Stallworth, or any of our great WRs of years gone past playing this listless and pansy-like?

Mike - Don't let the door hit ya................

C-town

scudmissile29
11-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Well at least we will have a few more weeks left with him.

Give the extension between Sanders and some other player.

BLACKandGOLD
11-19-2012, 09:51 AM
If I had to tell someone who our number one receiver was I would definitely tell them AB. He goes out and gives 110percent and plays with heart. Wallace on the other hand has no heart. He made no effort on that low throw from Leftwich last night and should have been able to get both feet down in the endzone on 3rd and goal. This was the biggest game of the year against our biggest rival and he proved why he doesn't deserve the big money he wants.

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 09:59 AM
No way anyone should be defending Wallace out here. He absolutely didn't put any extra effort into catching passes last night and IMO his true diva came out.

Seriously people think he's better that AB? lol at that if so.. AB gets open and catches, MW does neither!

FlatsSteeler
11-19-2012, 10:03 AM
Poor Game Day Management, I have said it over and over and over Tomlin is a Poor Game Day Coach, his decisions are bad......PERIOD.........Buckle up kiddys now your left with Charlie Batch against a pretty decent Browns Defense next week........."Young Money Wallace" is garbage.......bench him.......trade him.....cut him......hell sell him to the Circus....but never let him wear "Black n Gold" again.......

cbrunn
11-19-2012, 11:32 AM
Lol ... this is all I'm saying ... is look at the numbers ... He produces the most on the team... and has ...

He didn't try for the ball ... yeah your right ... but it was an awfully thown ball to a wide open reciever ... Also Leftwhich cannons the ball , he was expecting to be a decent pass and instead Leftwhich rockets the ball into the ground and Mike probably didn't have time to react to the ball since Leftwhich rockets the ball

And playing not to get hurt ... I don't know where you get that from ... He fumbled yes, everybody makes mistakes ... but cause he didn't dive head first, he's playing not to get hurt ... and if he is playing not to get hurt .... GOOD FOR HIM, I'm sorry but HIS MONEY is more important then YOU LIKING HIM ... are YOU going to take care of him if he gets hurt????

I know if your job told you you were going to be laid off , or what not but still needed you to work for a year just to know your most likely gone ... are you going to give 100 % ? ... I know that happened to me, was told I was going to be laid off but they still needed us for like 3 months to get a Big stock, so they wouldn't run out... do you think PPL came in and worked as hard??? ... **** no I/they didn't... why should you??

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 11:50 AM
Where are the Mike Wallace ballwashers?

Come on Big T, where are you? Your usually front and center defending Mike Wallace. I'm anxious to hear how your going to spin last nite's performance by Mr. Wallace.

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 11:51 AM
I know if your job told you you were going to be laid off , or what not but still needed you to work for a year just to know your most likely gone ... are you going to give 100 % ? ... I know that happened to me, was told I was going to be laid off but they still needed us for like 3 months to get a Big stock, so they wouldn't run out... do you think PPL came in and worked as hard??? ... **** no I/they didn't... why should you??

I would if I had 31 other companies looking to give me millions of dollars...

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 11:54 AM
MW produced in BA's offense, so far he's been less than impressive in a real system! All I have to say is catch the fn ball and give 100%.... Awwww poor Mikey didn't get his 100mil!

I'll take AB over him any day!

scudmissile29
11-19-2012, 12:09 PM

Yes because I'm not lazy like you probably? And if you were clever it would just make an even better reference.

hint hint "not putting effort in on SNF for all teams to see!"

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 12:11 PM
When you don't show up against our most hated rival, I have absolutely NO LOVE OR TOLERANCE FOR YOU ANYMORE!!!

To hell with Mike Wallace. I want him off my team. He does not deserve to where the Black & Gold.

I want to send him to a Siberia like team like we sent Santonio Holmes.

scudmissile29
11-19-2012, 12:11 PM
And playing not to get hurt ... I don't know where you get that from ... He fumbled yes, everybody makes mistakes ... but cause he didn't dive head first, he's playing not to get hurt ... and if he is playing not to get hurt .... GOOD FOR HIM, I'm sorry but HIS MONEY is more important then YOU LIKING HIM ... are YOU going to take care of him if he gets hurt????

People who demand $100m contracts are certainly entitled to NEVER fumble the ball. Out of 745 career receptions for Fitzgerald, just 5 fumbles! And last coming in 2007, 5 years ago!

Mike Wallace, demanding $100m contract. 217 career receptions, 5 fumbles, And last coming last night!

That doesn't scream value for money!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2012, 12:15 PM
Can't defend anybody after a performance like that last night....It was terrible.....But the Steelers better be prepared to draft another WR early in the draft with no Mike Wallace......I do have a question for all you wanting Mike Wallace gone.....

Would you really be comfortable heading into next year with AB, Sanders, Cotchery as our top three WR's?.....I sure wouldn't.......For all you ball washing AB he still doesn't find the endzone as a WR...I'm not talking about his return skills.......Five career receiving TD's for AB....WOW

I have always been a fan of Manny Sanders but still I expect more from him and really he hasn't shown he is nothing more then a slot WR at this point.....

Cotchery showed last night why the Jets cut him.........Vets with experience shouldn't have made the pre-snap penalties like he did....Plus Cotchery should have held onto that ball late the game.......True he took a shot but he is supposed to bet that tough WR that makes catches like that......

Back to Wallace after his performance last night yea the Steelers should let him walk if Wallace continues to show a **** poor effort.......But the Steelers better draft a WR early and it better be a WR with some size and speed........Noway you can head into next season with just AB, Sanders, and Cotchery..........

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 12:21 PM
I would be more comfortable with them then Wallace. Because Wallace is a primadonna. And that mentality is an anti-Steeler mentality.

We are the Steelers. Not Mike Wallace and the Steelers. Wallace chose not to show up against the Ravens. I"m sorry but I just can't swallow that. I kinda wanted him to stay but what he did last nite was basically treason to me.

FlatsSteeler
11-19-2012, 12:30 PM
Truth be told neither Lefty or Batch is worth a crap......and now the Steelers are stuck without a legit Back-up QB......I would trade Wallace for Colt McKoy and a 3rd round pick..........McKoy would be the perfect Steeler Backup......and BR7 would be grooming a young guy not two old Dinosaurs.....

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2012, 12:33 PM
I would be more comfortable with them then Wallace. Because Wallace is a primadonna. And that mentality is an anti-Steeler mentality.

We are the Steelers. Not Mike Wallace and the Steelers. Wallace chose not to show up against the Ravens. I"m sorry but I just can't swallow that. I kinda wanted him to stay but what he did last nite was basically treason to me.

Never said we are Mike Wallace and the Steelers........All I care about is the Steelers winning and having a shot for the Super Bowl while Ben is still in his prime......No Mike Wallace and the WR core takes a big hit period.......But ok I'm fine with no Mike Wallace if the Steelers use their first round pick on a WR.....Going to have to since there is noway this team can head into next year with AB, Sanders, and Cotchery as their top three WR's.............

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2012, 12:35 PM
Truth be told neither Lefty or Batch is worth a crap......and now the Steelers are stuck without a legit Back-up QB......I would trade Wallace for Colt McKoy and a 3rd round pick..........McKoy would be the perfect Steeler Backup......and BR7 would be grooming a young guy not two old Dinosaurs.....

Trade deadline has passed......Colt McCoy really?.........I agree Lefty and Batch are pure crap.....But McCoy doesn't have the arm to make the throws especially when the weather turns to crap....Big reason why the Browns drafted Weeden.......McCoy needs to go to a dome/warm weather city that runs a west coast type offense........

steelersbabex25
11-19-2012, 12:35 PM
I'll be honest, I'm kind of a Mike Wallace band wagon jumper. I love him if he produces and I hate him if he doesn't. Just because of the circumstances last night and having Byron Leftwich throwing him the ball, I would defend him. However he fumbled in his own territory. And therefore he sucks.

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 12:38 PM
Would you really be comfortable heading into next year with AB, Sanders, Cotchery as our top three WR's?.....I sure wouldn't.......For all you ball washing AB he still doesn't find the endzone as a WR...I'm not talking about his return skills.......Five career receiving TD's for AB....WOW

I would be 100 percent fine with those three as starters. Add Heath into the mix and I think we'd be pretty good still, I may be wrong, but that's my gut feeling. Heck, last night Manny was basicially a one-man show, he was the only reciever worth a d*mn. Wallce did nothing, and Cotch did nothing.

I do think you are too quick to bash Cotch, he's played his role well thus far and he's been pretty
consistent when called upon. IMO he's better than many other 4th string WRs. He just had a bad game. So did Wallace.

My main problem with Wallace is his lack of heart and his timidness this year. Oh, and I do agree that the Steelers (if they let Wallace walk) should see if they can get any young WR in the draft to groom next year. But in the meantime, I think AB, Sanders, and Cotch would be fine.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2012, 12:47 PM
I would be 100 percent fine with those three as starters. Add Heath into the mix and I think we'd be pretty good still, I may be wrong, but that's my gut feeling. Heck, last night Manny was basicially a one-man show, he was the only reciever worth a d*mn. Wallce did nothing, and Cotch did nothing.

I do think you are too quick to bash Cotch, he's played his role well thus far and he's been pretty
consistent when called upon. IMO he's better than many other 4th string WRs. He just had a bad game. So did Wallace.

My main problem with Wallace is his lack of heart and his timidness this year.

Cotchery is an aging 4th WR and on the decline of his career....lol I like Manny Sanders and I keep waiting for him to show more but really he is nothing more then a slot WR at this point.....I agree he made some plays last night but he is good for a couple big catches a game.....He needs to show he can be a legit 16 game starter in this league and he hasn't yet.....

Ok those three as our top three WR's next year then our so called number 1 WR Antoino Brown only has 5 career TD receptions......Yea will be just fine at WR next year....lol I really don't get the love affair with Cotchery......He is nice for depth purposes but I don't head into next year with Cotch as the third WR......

steelersbabex25
11-19-2012, 12:51 PM
Cotchery is an aging 4th WR and on the decline of his career....lol I like Manny Sanders and I keep waiting for him to show more but really he is nothing more then a slot WR at this point.....I agree he made some plays last night but he is good for a couple big catches a game.....He needs to show he can be a legit 16 game starter in this league and he hasn't yet.....

I think Manny would be good for a little more than a couple big catches a game if he got his chance. AB and Wallace are obviously one and two and with the huge mix of receivers that the Steelers have been using Manny has kind of faded to the background a bit. And once he gets the chance to start he gets Byron Leftwich throwing him the ball. Coming into their first season I thought Manny would beat out AB for a higher spot, but then he got injured and everyone forgot about him. Give him a little more PT and I think he can prove to be extremely effective.

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 12:54 PM
I don't disagree with anything you're saying. AB and Sanders aren't proven starters yet, Cotch is older, etc. But I think we'd still win with those three guys at WR. To be honest, if you let Wallace go, I don't think the production drops off much from this year to the next. And with Wallace gone, AB will get more redzone looks; we'll just have to see how he does with the opportunity given.

And I don't have a crush on Cotch, but he's played his part and done everything asked of him up to this point. He's been a very servicable back up.

scudmissile29
11-19-2012, 12:54 PM

I have always been a fan of Manny Sanders but still I expect more from him and really he hasn't shown he is nothing more then a slot WR at this point.....

Hi man.

I agree Emmanuel I'm not totally sold on him, but he's making catches and he's improving. Heath Miller can get more touches, I'm fine with that.

We survived without Plex, we survived without Santonio and we will survive without Mikey!

cbrunn
11-19-2012, 12:59 PM
Yes because I'm not lazy like you probably? And if you were clever it would just make an even better reference.

hint hint "not putting effort in on SNF for all teams to see!"

Lol yeah lazy you know me so well(Actually I was 1 of the only people in the plant they offered to keep the Job, but I had to move to Wisconsin, and I turned it down even though the money was worth it, but I was young and don't want to work my whole life in a factory), I can tell you was born with silver spoon in your mouth most likely, wasn't you the guy posting pictures of his horses and things like that?? lol oh boy ... and oh yeah intelligent question... I have a 3.4 GPA so only if I was clever huh ... But this is a Steelers Website none of this actually matters

Your the biggest joke on the Site and everybody knows it ...

putting effort in... he's going to get a big contract after this year no matter what (as long as he produces and makes it out injury free, which he is doing...now if he gets hurt is he going to get a big contract? probably not)... his stats are just fine ... his stats are better/ on par than/with your precious AB

and Adrian Peterson fumbled the most in like his first 3 years ... he was the best running back in the league then, and he fixed that problem and is still the best running back in the league...

as far as Mike fumbles vs Fitz fumbles ... check out his other stats vs Fitz through the first 3.5 years of career , Mike Stats match up with Fitz through the first 3.5 years ... not saying Mike is as good as a reciever as Fitz but I mean production wise, he's up there numbers don't lie...

and as far as this 100 mil dollar contract ... I've yet to see any interview with him , where HE HIMSELF is actually saying that ... reports are blah blah blah ... his agent maybe trying to get one, but why not try?? ... No I would not pay him that much, I've stated many times I think he worth about 7mil a year type of contract ... but hey what the heck why not try to get the most you can??

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2012, 12:59 PM
I think Manny would be good for a little more than a couple big catches a game if he got his chance. AB and Wallace are obviously one and two and with the huge mix of receivers that the Steelers have been using Manny has kind of faded to the background a bit. And once he gets the chance to start he gets Byron Leftwich throwing him the ball. Coming into their first season I thought Manny would beat out AB for a higher spot, but then he got injured and everyone forgot about him. Give him a little more PT and I think he can prove to be extremely effective.

I have always been a Sanders fan and said his rookie year he would be the better of the two but still I want to see more....No doubt Lefty effected Sanders production last night....But even when Ben is in there I still want to see more from Sanders......He runs the best routes on the team and has so much potential....But at some point potential has to turn into production.....

steelersbabex25
11-19-2012, 01:02 PM
I have always been a Sanders fan and said his rookie year he would be the better of the two but still I want to see more....No doubt Lefty effected Sanders production last night....But even when Ben is in there I still want to see more from Sanders......He runs the best routes on the team and has so much potential....But at some point potential has to turn into production.....

Sanders has been plagued with injury is the only issue. Give him some time like we gave AB and I guarantee he'll produce.

Black@Gold Forever32
Hi man.

I agree Emmanuel I'm not totally sold on him, but he's making catches and he's improving. Heath Miller can get more touches, I'm fine with that.

We survived without Plex, we survived without Santonio and we will survive without Mikey!

I know we will survive but that isn't the point.....What I'm saying if the Steelers let Wallace walk then a WR is a big time need in the draft.....

ChucktownSteeler
It appears now Wallace will be leaving as a FA. What compensation do we get from the league, a 3rd round pick?

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Sanders has been plagued with injury is the only issue. Give him some time like we gave AB and I guarantee he'll produce.

But what have we seen from Sanders that suggests he is a 16 game starter in the NFL?.....Yes he does come up with some big time catches at times and runs silky smooth routes......But there is also periods when he is a ghost on the field....Not just injuries holding him back......He is usually matched up with a defenses third or fourth corner and at times he doesn't produce at all.....I want him to succeed big time since I do think he has the potential to be the best WR on the roster....

But back to my point....You really would be comfortable with a Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery as our top three WR's heading into next year?.........Cotchery is in his early 30s and really offers nothing more then a 4th or 5th WR at this point in his career......

scudmissile29
11-19-2012, 01:09 PM
I know we will survive but that isn't the point.....What I'm saying if the Steelers let Wallace walk then a WR is a big time need in the draft.....

I don't think so, we can experiment for the year, I think our run game will be very good next year (dwyer and redman combo?)

I won't lie, I know **** all about the upcoming wide receiver draft.

steelchamp204
11-19-2012, 02:37 PM
With Haley's offense he runs, he needs a BIG receiver. I wish Wes Lyons would have worked out for us, dude was a freak of nature if he added on some more muscle. We have the 2 quick guys in Brown/Sanders. A good 3 receiver in Cotchery. We just need a big bodied receiver. It needs to happen soon before Ben is to old.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 03:10 PM
We can tag Wallace and then deal him away to make sure we get some type of value for him.

Stone
11-19-2012, 03:13 PM
If he plays for an incentive based deal, I'd takehim..... otherwise........I don't want him. He's a puss!

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_mVwqnQbJWtE/TNh04MtjOVI/AAAAAAAACGM/OaseHwbx8Bo/s400/trickpony.jpg

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Wallace quit in our time of biggest need. I'll never forgive him for that. I don't want him on this team in any way, shape or form.

Stone
11-19-2012, 03:37 PM
Wallace quit in our time of biggest need. I'll never forgive him for that. I don't want him on this team in any way, shape or form.

(X2)

cbrunn
11-19-2012, 03:59 PM
I'm just wondering what makes you guys say he Quit on the team??? ... is it because he didn't catch that pass that was pretty much a rocket to the ground? Or he didn't toe tap? ...

How about maybe he disappeared in the game because the Ravens took him out of the game ... and also Leftwhich was throwing plenty plenty of ducks out there...

None of the Ravens played good yesterday but for Jacoby Jones , and I bet you don't here there fans saying Ray Rice Quit on the team because he didn't really do anything, or Torey Smith

Stone
11-19-2012, 04:10 PM

But look at the net-net:

Wallace has had far too many drops.
Wallace has been unwilling to fight for the ball.
Wallace is a cancer on and off the field.
Wallace has an exciting play every once in a while.

That's not all that hard to replace IMHO.

Big T
11-19-2012, 04:52 PM
I'm just wondering what makes you guys say he Quit on the team??? ... is it because he didn't catch that pass that was pretty much a rocket to the ground? Or he didn't toe tap? ...

How about maybe he disappeared in the game because the Ravens took him out of the game ... and also Leftwhich was throwing plenty plenty of ducks out there...

None of the Ravens played good yesterday but for Jacoby Jones , and I bet you don't here there fans saying Ray Rice Quit on the team because he didn't really do anything, or Torey Smith

I agree in a sense. He didn't quit on the team. The Ravens made sure he wasn't a factor, just like we did with Torrey Smith. He was doubled on almost every play (which Collinsworth pointed out). As usual he's being overly criticized. He deserves some criticism after last night, but not the lynching he's getting. Calling him a cancer and all that is absolutely absurd but it's clear that his head wasn't in the game last night. The fumble and lack of effort on that pass are worthy of criticism without question, but let's not act like he's the reason we lost. Hell, if it wasn't for him completely owning the DB on the first play, we may not have ever scored a TD in that game. That's 40-something free yards. Again, his performance is worth some criticism, but with the line pass protecting horribly, Byron being hurt (and just absolutely horrid), he honestly doesn't deserve the all the hate he's getting right now.

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 05:11 PM
Torrey Smith isn't shut out every week like Wallace is. Wallace has an ok game then backs it up with horrid play. The only thing he's consistent with is drops.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 05:53 PM
I agree in a sense. He didn't quit on the team. The Ravens made sure he wasn't a factor, just like we did with Torrey Smith. He was doubled on almost every play (which Collinsworth pointed out). As usual he's being overly criticized. He deserves some criticism after last night, but not the lynching he's getting. Calling him a cancer and all that is absolutely absurd but it's clear that his head wasn't in the game last night. The fumble and lack of effort on that pass are worthy of criticism without question, but let's not act like he's the reason we lost. Hell, if it wasn't for him completely owning the DB on the first play, we may not have ever scored a TD in that game. That's 40-something free yards. Again, his performance is worth some criticism, but with the line pass protecting horribly, Byron being hurt (and just absolutely horrid), he honestly doesn't deserve the all the hate he's getting right now.

You've got to be kidding right? He fumbled the ball away; he didn't even attempt to step up to make the catch in the 4th quarter. And this excuse of him being double teamed all the time is getting old. Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald are all double teamed too.

The guy is a 3/5 wide receiver. Period. And now he has a nonchalant attitude because he didn't get the money he wanted. He shows NO INTENSITY WHATSOEVER and he was an embarrassment to this franchise considering how guys where out there busting their asses to win that game! The guy QUIT ON THIS TEAM with his nonchalant attitude against our biggest rival. And your still making excuses for this guy????????? Really?????????????

If I was one of those players who busted their *** last nite, I would seriously go have a talk with Tomlin and tell him how unfair it is to have Wallace on the field with the rest of the guys who seriously want to win and be a part of this team. It's not fair and it's not right what Wallace is doing.

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 05:54 PM
You've got to be kidding right? He fumbled the ball away; he didn't even attempt to step up to make the catch in the 4th quarter. And this excuse of him being double teamed all the time is getting old. Andre Johnson, Reggie Wayne, Megatron, Larry Fitzgerald are all double teamed too.

The guy is a 3/5 wide receiver. Period. And now he has a nonchalant attitude because he didn't get the money he wanted. He shows NO INTENSITY WHATSOEVER and he was an embarrassment to this franchise considering how guys where out there busting their asses to win that game! The guy QUIT ON THIS TEAM with his nonchalant attitude against our biggest rival. And your still making excuses for this guy????????? Really?????????????

If I was one of those players who busted their *** last nite, I would seriously go have a talk with Tomlin and tell him how unfair it is to have Wallace on the field with the rest of the guys who seriously want to win and be a part of this team. It's not fair and it's not right what Wallace is doing.

Love it!

K Train
11-19-2012, 07:01 PM
again, a week to week thread depending how wallace does. jesus

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 07:12 PM
How can you not admit he has sucked in this system so far and just appears lost and unable to step up his game week to week?

connecticutsteel
11-19-2012, 07:16 PM
I'm not defending Wallace but that was pass interference sorry flame stick to what you know and that is hate Wallace we don't know what he asked for but he tried to get a contract and went about it the wrong way .but i don't think he will be signed next year .

connecticutsteel
11-19-2012, 07:20 PM

kinda hard to catch balls when your double teamed all the recievers you mentioned are above 6'3"except wayne and larry fitz had only 1 catch for 11 yrds yesterday so i guess he's lazy too? and that is the difference so know what your talking about before you say he's not trying he did make a mistake carrying the ball like a loaf of bread.

cbrunn
11-19-2012, 08:06 PM
HEY ALL LETS PLAY GUESS WHO IS WHAT PLAYER ....

PLAYER A

46 receptions on 78 targets - 59 %
565 yrds ... 12.3 avg
6 TDs

PLAYER B

52 rec. on 101 targets ... 51%
596 yrds ... 11.5 avg.
4 TD

Who is Who???

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Is this a fair comparison seeing how AB has been out the last couple weeks and MW hasn't?

cbrunn
11-19-2012, 08:15 PM
Is this a fair comparison seeing how AB has been out the last couple weeks and MW hasn't?

Good Guess but guess again ...

by the way Wallace has only been out 1 week now if I'm not mistaken

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 09:37 PM
Flame me, I don't give a ****. Give me AB over drama boy Wallace all day.

ChucktownSteeler
11-19-2012, 10:19 PM
It is now clear Wallace needs AB more than AB needs Wallace. Or:

1.) Wallace simply doesn't care.

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 10:21 PM
It is now clear Wallace needs AB more than AB needs Wallace. Or:

1.) Wallace simply doesn't care.

He'll care when no one wants to pay him...

LevonKirkland99
11-19-2012, 10:58 PM
Karma is a bitch..Hines Ward is smiling

86WARD
11-20-2012, 01:02 PM

This.

Real Deal Steel
11-20-2012, 01:42 PM
Oh, the Ravens made him a non-factor?

No.

The Ravens didn't make him not go after that ball that was bounced in front of him. That was all Wallace.
Yes the Ravens stripped him for the fumble but it was Wallace's job to secure the ball. Especially against the Ravens who constantly go after the ball.

There was no sense of urgency in Wallace's play the entire evening. And the Ravens had nothing to do with that.

Sorry..........Wallace is responsible for his own actions. We need to stop trying to make others responsible for the actions (or the lack there of) of Wallace.

K Train
11-20-2012, 07:03 PM
Oh, the Ravens made him a non-factor?

No.

The Ravens didn't make him not go after that ball that was bounced in front of him. That was all Wallace.
Yes the Ravens stripped him for the fumble but it was Wallace's job to secure the ball. Especially against the Ravens who constantly go after the ball.

There was no sense of urgency in Wallace's play the entire evening. And the Ravens had nothing to do with that.

Sorry..........Wallace is responsible for his own actions. We need to stop trying to make others responsible for the actions (or the lack there of) of Wallace.
watch the game, they took him away. which to browns credit is easier to do with no brown, but its not like torrey smith didnt give a ****, he was taken away

ChucktownSteeler
11-20-2012, 07:09 PM
watch the game, they took him away. which to browns credit is easier to do with no brown, but its not like torrey smith didnt give a ****, he was taken away

Proves that Wallace needs Brown more than Brown needs Wallace.

Wallace a non-factor w/o brown the other night.

K Train
11-20-2012, 07:29 PM
Proves that Wallace needs Brown more than Brown needs Wallace.

Wallace a non-factor w/o brown the other night.
how the hell does that prove anything? we havent seen brown play without wallace.

i dont get why people cant accept that they are good together, good for each other, and a talented duo. you sound ridiculous saying that one game with a backup QB with a bum mid section who clearly cant throw the ball effectively "proves" anything

Nolrog
11-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Lol ... this is all I'm saying ... is look at the numbers ... He produces the most on the team... and has ...

Wallace: 10 games played, 46 receptions, 565 yards, 12.3 YPC, 6 TD, 2 fumbles
Brown: 8 games played, 42 receptions, 499 yards, 11.9 YPC, 1 TD, 2 fumbles.

steelchamp204
11-20-2012, 08:16 PM
Can I ask, where did this "Wallace is a drama queen" **** come from? Havent heard the guy whine all season.

scudmissile29
11-21-2012, 11:49 AM
Can we rename this " Mike Wallace De-Appreciation Thread" please, so each week when we moan about him we don't get several threads.

Real Deal Steel
11-21-2012, 11:52 AM
I hope Haden is deactivated again this week. Because if he's covering Wallace, Wallace will disappear again. Then the Wallacites will make new excuses for him.

Stone
11-21-2012, 11:56 AM
Can I ask, where did this "Wallace is a drama queen" **** come from? Havent heard the guy whine all season.

I think he is just a queen. He's afraid of getting hurt. He has no heart.

scudmissile29
11-21-2012, 01:45 PM
I think he is just a queen. He's afraid of getting hurt. He has no heart.

Mike Wallace sucks

LatrobePA
11-21-2012, 02:01 PM

Did you not watch the off season drama unfold?

muncher
11-21-2012, 04:46 PM
Lol yeah lazy you know me so well(Actually I was 1 of the only people in the plant they offered to keep the Job, but I had to move to Wisconsin, and I turned it down even though the money was worth it, but I was young and don't want to work my whole life in a factory), I can tell you was born with silver spoon in your mouth most likely, wasn't you the guy posting pictures of his horses and things like that?? lol oh boy ... and oh yeah intelligent question... I have a 3.4 GPA so only if I was clever huh ... But this is a Steelers Website none of this actually matters

Your the biggest joke on the Site and everybody knows it ...

putting effort in... he's going to get a big contract after this year no matter what (as long as he produces and makes it out injury free, which he is doing...now if he gets hurt is he going to get a big contract? probably not)... his stats are just fine ... his stats are better/ on par than/with your precious AB

and Adrian Peterson fumbled the most in like his first 3 years ... he was the best running back in the league then, and he fixed that problem and is still the best running back in the league...

as far as Mike fumbles vs Fitz fumbles ... check out his other stats vs Fitz through the first 3.5 years of career , Mike Stats match up with Fitz through the first 3.5 years ... not saying Mike is as good as a reciever as Fitz but I mean production wise, he's up there numbers don't lie...

and as far as this 100 mil dollar contract ... I've yet to see any interview with him , where HE HIMSELF is actually saying that ... reports are blah blah blah ... his agent maybe trying to get one, but why not try?? ... No I would not pay him that much, I've stated many times I think he worth about 7mil a year type of contract ... but hey what the heck why not try to get the most you can??

what players interview have you seen where they stated their contract demands?

tburg68
11-21-2012, 06:59 PM
Did you not watch the off season drama unfold?

Apparently you hear things that don't happen.

LatrobePA
11-21-2012, 07:00 PM
Apparently you hear things that don't happen.

Makes no sense, come on dude this come back fn sucked!

tburg68
11-21-2012, 07:12 PM
Makes no sense, come on dude this come back fn sucked!

Are we in 6th grade?...................All makes sense now.

LatrobePA
11-21-2012, 07:13 PM
Are we in 6th grade?...................All makes sense now.

7th... Some of you Wallace barnacles crack me up. I don't care for him or the way he shows up and I'm a ***?

tburg68
11-21-2012, 07:23 PM
7th... Some of you Wallace barnacles crack me up. I don't care for him or the way he shows up and I'm a ***?

You seem to exhibit a knack for adding things to what people say, first Wallace, now me.

POOP!(I'm going 3rd grade)

LatrobePA
11-21-2012, 08:32 PM
You seem to exhibit a knack for adding things to what people say, first Wallace, now me.

POOP!(I'm going 3rd grade)

Lol you're a tool...

86WARD
11-21-2012, 10:42 PM
When will you guys start giving Plaxico the same ****? Oh...some have started already...lol.

Steeldude
11-22-2012, 02:33 AM
The question is what does Wallace bring besides speed? No one seems to be able to answer

NYCsteelersfan
11-22-2012, 02:46 AM
The question is what does Wallace bring besides speed? No one seems to be able to answer

He also brings false hope for homer Steelers fans desperate for a number one wide receiver.

scudmissile29
11-22-2012, 12:32 PM
He also brings false hope for homer Steelers fans desperate for a number one wide receiver.

ding ding ding! we have a winner.

Nolrog
11-22-2012, 01:18 PM

We have a number one wide receiver. His name is Antonio Brown. Far and away a better receiver than Wallace.

Wallace has great speed and OK hands. If I have one criticism of Haley this year, it's that he hasn't taken advantage of this mismatch. On the other hand, it looks like he's trying to turn Wallace into a complete receiver, and from what we've seen, that's just not him. Once his speed goes, this guy is toast.

LatrobePA
11-22-2012, 01:37 PM
Mike Wallace = Willie Parker! Speed makes him good, once that speed is taken away via injury, age etc he will be a horrid wr in this league. Maybe this is why the steelers aren't fast to sign him to a long term deal (no pun intended)!!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-22-2012, 03:14 PM
We have a number one wide receiver. His name is Antonio Brown. Far and away a better receiver than Wallace.

Wallace has great speed and OK hands. If I have one criticism of Haley this year, it's that he hasn't taken advantage of this mismatch. On the other hand, it looks like he's trying to turn Wallace into a complete receiver, and from what we've seen, that's just not him. Once his speed goes, this guy is toast.

Brown a number 1 WR?.....hilarious........5 career TD receptions....yea he is a number 1 WR........lol No 100 yard games this year....yea number 1 WR......Brown is a very good number 2 WR and nothing more......Brown and Wallace compliment each other well.......

If the Steelers do let Wallace walk then WR is a big time need.......Brown, Sanders, Cotchery would be our top three WR's.......

scudmissile29
11-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Brown a number 1 WR?.....hilarious........5 career TD receptions....yea he is a number 1 WR........lol No 100 yard games this year....yea number 1 WR......Brown is a very good number 2 WR and nothing more......Brown and Wallace compliment each other well.......

If the Steelers do let Wallace walk then WR is a big time need.......Brown, Sanders, Cotchery would be our top three WR's.......

we don't need brown to get 10+ touchdowns if heath miller is used properly.

arians never did this.

**** wallace

Black@Gold Forever32
11-22-2012, 05:59 PM
we don't need brown to get 10+ touchdowns if heath miller is used properly.

arians never did this.

**** wallace

That isn't the point Flame......Brown isn't a number 1 WR and its ridiculous that some think he is.......When I look for in a number 1 WR is more then 5 career TD's and at least some 100 yard games.......Brown is a solid number 2 WR but he isn't a WR that dictates coverage at all.......Mike Wallace isn't perfect and makes his share of mistakes but he dictates coverage more then any other WR on the Steelers roster right now.....

scudmissile29
11-22-2012, 06:25 PM
That isn't the point Flame......Brown isn't a number 1 WR and its ridiculous that some think he is.......When I look for in a number 1 WR is more then 5 career TD's and at least some 100 yard games.......Brown is a solid number 2 WR but he isn't a WR that dictates coverage at all.......Mike Wallace isn't perfect and makes his share of mistakes but he dictates coverage more then any other WR on the Steelers roster right now.....

I hear what your saying man.

But we might not need a #1 receiver.

Brady didn't for most of his career, he's got rings, awards and pussy!

LatrobePA
11-22-2012, 08:47 PM
Brady didn't for most of his career, he's got rings, awards and pussy!

Lololololol! I heart some of your posts!

Steeldude
11-25-2012, 10:06 AM
Wallace has great speed and OK hands.

Ok hands? Is hands are average on his best day. If it wasn't for his shoulder pads or his chest he wouldn't have any receptions

Nolrog
11-25-2012, 10:43 AM

With Brown, Sanders and Cotchery, not to mention Heath, it wouldn't be a big time need. Big time needs are safety and a defensive play maker. A mid-round pick for WR would be warranted though.

Nolrog
11-25-2012, 10:51 AM

I guess I see more in Brown than you do. Like a guy who can go over the middle and get that big time reception. In Wallace, I see a guy who doesn't seem to want to be here and is lacking focus and concentration. I can find another Wallace, but getting another Brown isn't nearly as easy. Antonio Brown is a receiver in a different class of Mike Wallace.

And big time need. Not even close. But the Steelers have been good at getting WR value in the mid-rounds, so I'm confident that they will again. Upper rounds, we need defense, defense and defense. Defensive playmaker is the #1 need on this team; that's a big time need. OLB and Safety are big time needs.

ChucktownSteeler
11-25-2012, 06:29 PM
Wallace without Brown equals zero.

JensK
11-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Wallace, at this point, is offering us nothing. He plays without any kind of passion. He makes NO attempt to adjust to the ball on deep routes, he don't catch the football. He is not getting open a lot, and he generally seems like he don't like being out there. Its starting to get a little ugly if you ask me. This is a guy who believes he is one of the best WRs in the league, yet right now he plays with less intensity than Limas Sweed, and he catches around the same amount of balls too.

SteelerRush
11-25-2012, 06:35 PM
There is no way we keep Wallace or Mendenhall next year. Wallace needs to sit a few games when Brown gets back. Give Plaxico a shot at least he goes after the ball when its throw to him.

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 06:54 PM
There is no way we keep Wallace or Mendenhall next year. Wallace needs to sit a few games when Brown gets back. Give Plaxico a shot at least he goes after the ball when its throw to him.

Agreed! Wallace and Mendy need to be sent packing!

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-25-2012, 06:55 PM
Why they chased his *** down I'll never know. Money for nuthin.

SteelerRush
11-25-2012, 07:04 PM
Last year he faded Wallace that is and this year if he isnt going deep he isnt playing hard. Tomlin was right when he called him a one trick pony. And Wallace hasnt done anything this year to be anything else.

LatrobePA
11-25-2012, 07:05 PM
Mikey no game is a selfish player! No contract = no effort!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-26-2012, 10:58 AM
Hopefully all the Wallace lovers around here can finally start seeing the light with this guy. He's been completely outplayed by Hayden, Flowers, and even the Ravens defense kept him in check. If you're going to call yourself elite then you better start winning those battles.

Don't gimme this underthrown ball crap either; all he has is his go route and the occasional slant pattern. You're down to your 3rd string QB, you can't just take off and expect the ball to be there like Ben does it. You have to be smart enough to realize that you may have to come back and help out; perhaps go up for a jump ball now and then?!

Don't just stand there, look at the sideline and put your hands up like you're not to blame.

I'm so over the self absorbed body language he gives off every week when he doesn't get 10 catches per game. Get overself, STFU and just play like everybody else.

LatrobePA
11-26-2012, 11:59 AM
Hopefully all the Wallace lovers around here can finally start seeing the light with this guy. He's been completely outplayed by Hayden, Flowers, and even the Ravens defense kept him in check. If you're going to call yourself elite then you better start winning those battles.

Don't gimme this underthrown ball crap either; all he has is his go route and the occasional slant pattern. You're down to your 3rd string QB, you can't just take off and expect the ball to be there like Ben does it. You have to be smart enough to realize that you may have to come back and help out; perhaps go up for a jump ball now and then?!

Don't just stand there, look at the sideline and put your hands up like you're not to blame.

I'm so over the self absorbed body language he gives off every week when he doesn't get 10 catches per game. Get overself, STFU and just play like everybody else.

I love this post!

Goodfrom55
11-26-2012, 12:01 PM
Look at it this way, with every week of subpar play, his value goes down. I haven't given up on him at all, but it seems he doesn't do a good job adjusting to the ball in the air if it is off target. Like he doesn't know how to come back to the ball or something. I still think he is an awesome talent, but as I said prior to him reporting this year, if he goes somewhere else next year and that team's QB is not elite, he will be an average receiver at best.

He just doesn't seem hungry to me lately. IMO, he puts the ball on the ground too easily and doesn't go after the ball hard enough if it is not thrown right at him. These are coachable / correctable issues.

That said, I still want him on the team next year.

ChucktownSteeler
11-26-2012, 01:16 PM

I like this post. I have been saying since a few weeks in the system Wallace is playing soft. He is afraid he will get hurt and miss out on his big pay-day. When brown comes back I would put Wallace on the bench and play Plax, Brown, and Sanders.

LatrobePA
11-26-2012, 01:24 PM
Wallace will never be benched but should be! Imagine what the film room mood will be like! lol

Real Deal Steel
11-26-2012, 01:47 PM

Thank you Blitz!!!!!!!!!

Also, notice now that Blitz has came out and said the same thing I've been saying about Wallace, all the Wallace lovers have mysteriously become deaf/mute!

Solomon Wilcox also came out during the game and said that Antonio Brown is the most complete WR the Steelers have!

I should call out one particular Wallace lover but I"ll leave it alone. Mike Wallace needs to be off this team. I only hope we don't let him walk for nothing. And he can take Mendy with him.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Thank you Blitz!!!!!!!!!

Also, notice now that Blitz has came out and said the same thing I've been saying about Wallace, all the Wallace lovers have mysteriously become deaf/mute!

Solomon Wilcox also came out during the game and said that Antonio Brown is the most complete WR the Steelers have!

I should call out one particular Wallace lover but I"ll leave it alone. Mike Wallace needs to be off this team. I only hope we don't let him walk for nothing. And he can take Mendy with him.

I wanted Wallace resigned but I also said after the Ravens game there is noway anybody can defend him at this point........But again I'll say it just like I did during the Wallace holdout the Steelers knew he wasn't going to be an easy sign so they should have really traded him if they didn't want to pay him.......The Steelers dropped the ball on the way they handled Mike Wallace.....So again I fault the Steeler brass more then Mike Wallace......A productive player in the past who doesn't have a long term contract isn't going to have the best attitude especially since the Rooney's have handed big contracts to many players (especially on the defense)......I can't defensd the play of Mike Wallace of late but nobody can defend how the Steelers handled the whole Mike Wallace situation......You'll get your wish he won't be resigned at this point.......But WR becomes a huge need again.....Noway the team can go into next season with Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery as their top three WR's.......Brown for certain will be doubled teamed since he will be the only proven WR on the roster.......I'm liking what I'm seeing from Sanders but he still can show more....Cotchery really doesn't offer anything but depth......A nice WR to keep on the roster but I don't want him as the third WR........

scudmissile29
11-26-2012, 04:59 PM
He should have been traded in the offseason.

Real Deal Steel
11-26-2012, 05:10 PM
I wanted Wallace resigned but I also said after the Ravens game there is noway anybody can defend him at this point........But again I'll say it just like I did during the Wallace holdout the Steelers knew he wasn't going to be an easy sign so they should have really traded him if they didn't want to pay him.......The Steelers dropped the ball on the way they handled Mike Wallace.....So again I fault the Steeler brass more then Mike Wallace......A productive player in the past who doesn't have a long term contract isn't going to have the best attitude especially since the Rooney's have handed big contracts to many players (especially on the defense)......I can't defensd the play of Mike Wallace of late but nobody can defend how the Steelers handled the whole Mike Wallace situation......You'll get your wish he won't be resigned at this point.......But WR becomes a huge need again.....Noway the team can go into next season with Brown, Sanders, and Cotchery as their top three WR's.......Brown for certain will be doubled teamed since he will be the only proven WR on the roster.......I'm liking what I'm seeing from Sanders but he still can show more....Cotchery really doesn't offer anything but depth......A nice WR to keep on the roster but I don't want him as the third WR........

Props dude. You did say the time to move him was during that period. I thought we could have gotten something from the Rams for him before draft day. I'd hate to see him walk and we get nothing for him.

LatrobePA
11-26-2012, 05:29 PM
He should have been traded in the offseason.

Correct! When he didn't get his contract I knew he'd give less than 100% in fear of being hurt!

K Train
11-26-2012, 05:45 PM
yeah wallace has been bad the last two weeks....but batch was horrid underthrowing him by 10 yards, throwing the slant so far behind him that got bobbled and picked and missing him WIDE open on an out on third down in the fourth corner.

ughhhhhh