PDA

View Full Version : My thoughts...

SteelCityVoice
11-19-2012, 12:56 AM
Been kind of quiet around here lately. I do apologize.

My thoughts on tonights game.

What a damn start by the offense! What a subsequent THUD by the offense!

Defense played championship caliber tonight. Secondary was awesome, Pass rush was good. Only drawback was dropping a couple of possible INTS.

WTF was Tomlin thinking keeping Lefty in when he clearly was hurt?

Wallace showed a lack of focus and effort. Fumbling the ball in a crucial situation to give the Ratbirds an easy FG. He also didn't show a lot of effort to dive and make a catch on one of the late drives when Lefty bounced the ball at his feet. Dive and make it 3rd and 1 instead of drop the ball and make it 3rd and long.

Dwyer was the better RB all night yet Mendy was in there on the final drive and made the bonehead play to stay in bounds. More dipshit coaching by the Steelers.

Running game is rolling, QB is hurt. LET'S PASS!!!! Haley gets an F for this one.

Joe Flacco sucks again. All is right in the world other than the fact the Steelers still managed to lose this game. Thanks special teams for letting the Ravens make their one miracle play to flip this game their way.

Totally winnable game and the Steelers managed to blow that opportunity.

NYCsteelersfan
11-19-2012, 01:28 AM
If they're going to play like a team that doesn't have a quarterback then they might as well forfeit the season. You can't blame Haley for maintaining some form of passing game. Management and the head coach need to be held accountable for having Leftwich as our backup quarterback, especially knowing how miserable our offensive line is. Leftwich is a third string at best on nearly all 32 NFL teams. But having a guy who needs to wind up to throw a five yard pass behind this offensive line is just a practical joke on the team, the fans, and the quarterback himself.

SteelCityVoice
11-19-2012, 01:30 AM
Not saying they had to run the ball every down, but hey, the Ravens were only 26th in the league against it. That should have been the primary gameplan ANYWAYS.

Clevelandsux
11-19-2012, 01:59 AM
my only flaw with the defense again is a lack of turnovers.

steelspikes
11-19-2012, 01:47 PM
Strength of Ravens is that they take care of the ball; can't fault Steeler D for only thing the Ravens did well.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 02:09 PM
Special teams let us down. Sorry QB play let us down. Mike Wallace not caring, let us down.

Ravenous Rex
11-19-2012, 03:20 PM
Been kind of quiet around here lately. I do apologize.

My thoughts on tonights game.

What a damn start by the offense! What a subsequent THUD by the offense!

Defense played championship caliber tonight. Secondary was awesome, Pass rush was good. Only drawback was dropping a couple of possible INTS.

WTF was Tomlin thinking keeping Lefty in when he clearly was hurt?

Wallace showed a lack of focus and effort. Fumbling the ball in a crucial situation to give the Ratbirds an easy FG. He also didn't show a lot of effort to dive and make a catch on one of the late drives when Lefty bounced the ball at his feet. Dive and make it 3rd and 1 instead of drop the ball and make it 3rd and long.

Dwyer was the better RB all night yet Mendy was in there on the final drive and made the bonehead play to stay in bounds. More dipshit coaching by the Steelers.

Running game is rolling, QB is hurt. LET'S PASS!!!! Haley gets an F for this one.

Joe Flacco sucks again. All is right in the world other than the fact the Steelers still managed to lose this game. Thanks special teams for letting the Ravens make their one miracle play to flip this game their way.

Totally winnable game and the Steelers managed to blow that opportunity.

Joe flacco sucks again? Flacco did what he needed to to win the game. I was almost hoping the Steelers would score, forcing Cam to let Joe air it out. We got a lead, and played UBER conservative, knowing we could stop Leftwich, and for YOU that translates to Joe sucking "again." LOL. Just like all the times Roethlisberger SUCKED but was praised anyway when the steelers would win on the strength of defensive touchdowns and special teams.

I like reading this site, and found it surprisingly humble this past week... But your view towards flacco in general on here makes it extremely enjoyable to get a win. Keep disrespecting the man who has won three straight in Heinz Field. All he does is what it takes to win. Period.

SteelCityVoice
11-19-2012, 04:31 PM
Joe flacco sucks again? Flacco did what he needed to to win the game. I was almost hoping the Steelers would score, forcing Cam to let Joe air it out. We got a lead, and played UBER conservative, knowing we could stop Leftwich, and for YOU that translates to Joe sucking "again." LOL. Just like all the times Roethlisberger SUCKED but was praised anyway when the steelers would win on the strength of defensive touchdowns and special teams.

I like reading this site, and found it surprisingly humble this past week... But your view towards flacco in general on here makes it extremely enjoyable to get a win. Keep disrespecting the man who has won three straight in Heinz Field. All he does is what it takes to win. Period.

Flacco is the one running his mouth about how elite he is. Elite QB's do more against a banged up Steeler team yesterday. Sorry if the truth hurts. 1 FG drive on his own? 1 FG drive off the Wallace fumble where it STARTED in FG territory. 164 yards passing and nothing else.

If you want to say "Yeah but he didn't turn the ball over" then I guess that's your definition of doing what it takes to win and I will give you that. But again, not elite.

SteelCityVoice
11-19-2012, 04:35 PM
And for the record I don't usually toss out the "Flacco sucks" rhetoric around here. Part of that was my way of venting about the loss last night.

Nolrog
11-19-2012, 05:25 PM

You can trace that directly back to our lack of pressure on the QB. We really need to improve that this draft.

Clevelandsux
11-19-2012, 07:42 PM

tttrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrroooooooooooooooollllllll lllllllllllll train!

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 07:43 PM
Funny we couldn't find this turd after the Texans beat the dog snot out of the Ravens.

SuperSteelers
11-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Ravens game plan last night was to manage the game and not taking any risks that would cause turnovers.