PDA

View Full Version : Silver lining = the defense

steelersbabex25
11-19-2012, 01:10 AM
One good thing that came out of this game...the defense played absolutely lights out. Only really allowing 3 points against a pretty solid offense is not too shabby. After years of getting owned by Ray Rice we finally were able to keep him quiet all game. Flacco was kept humble for the most part also.

Also I am slowly but surely falling in love with Keenan Lewis. Kid is going to be a stud soon.

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 01:11 AM
Defense was giving me a chub all night.

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 01:11 AM
Also I am slowly but surely falling in love with Keenan Lewis. Kid is going to be a stud soon.

I've been defending him for years.

steelerschick1220
11-19-2012, 01:13 AM
They were really really fantastic tonight. A great job all the way around. They definetly held up their end of the deal.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-19-2012, 01:14 AM
Defense definitely came to play,about the only part of the team that did !! They did shut down the ratbirds...

floodcitygirl
11-19-2012, 01:17 AM
I agree. Tremendous effort. We were just misssing that spectacular interception and run back....like maybe from our star safety???

SteelerCountry58
I agree,the D came to play. They stepped up big time. The O not so much. LOL:bonk:

steelchamp204
Defense played well, it will carry us the rest of the season, all we need to do is score some points. I still feel very confident in making the playoffs as a wildcard with this defense.

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 01:18 AM
D did everything needed to win this game. The offense and coaches didn't deliver.

Clevelandsux
11-19-2012, 01:29 AM
Defense was great. but you must score enough points to win. Offense did not do that. Guess this is where we miss troy. He would come up big in games like this.

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 01:45 AM
All though we lost this game, did we really? The fn refs no call on the punt return for block in the back on 81 is what sealed this game for the sorry *** ravens. They're not scary and Flacco is still a turd! I hope we laid the blueprint for some *** beatings from other teams that play them.

Clevelandsux
11-19-2012, 03:01 AM
but no turnovers.

papabaier
11-19-2012, 08:39 AM
but no turnovers.

I agree - this is where they need to improve. Otherwise a spectacular job repeatedly bailing out the bad coaching of the steelers. I never liked Tomlin, getting worse. Why do you kleave in Lefty when he clearly couldn't throw properly?? is Batch that bad?? Should have kept Jerrod Johnson and got rid of lefty and /or Batch

BLACKandGOLD
11-19-2012, 09:53 AM
They were outstanding last night, no doubt about it. The only reason the Ravens scored at all was because of the 2 turnovers giving them great field position. Especially on the Wallace fumble they got it deep in our territory and the Ravens maybe moved 2 yards on that drive.

coldrolled
11-19-2012, 10:39 AM
Silver Lining... If we actually would have a full squad on the field for a few games a year.. We would be hard to beat.

Oh Well.. We need to win a few and try to have a full team as the 6th seed. Then make a Giants run to the SB from 9-7

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 10:46 AM
Cam had a great game last night.

elephantman
11-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Silver Lining... If we actually would have a full squad on the field for a few games a year.. We would be hard to beat.

Oh Well.. We need to win a few and try to have a full team as the 6th seed. Then make a Giants run to the SB from 9-7

I think 8-8 gets us in, all we neeed to win is Cinci and San Diago at home....problem is we got to go on road to Brady, Manning Balt, and Houston to get to SB... 3 of those 4 !!! Is our D up to it???

coldrolled
11-19-2012, 01:08 PM
I think 8-8 gets us in, all we neeed to win is Cinci and San Diago at home....problem is we got to go on road to Brady, Manning Balt, and Houston to get to SB... 3 of those 4 !!! Is our D up to it???

Our 6th seed path is almost set. We need everyone healthy and playing in the first PO game and if the D plays like it has, we can make a run.

Get7With7
11-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Where were the turnovers? What happened to the defense that used to make splash plays? They may be number 1 as far as yards and points go, but championship defenses make splash plays. Right now the Steeler defense is a paper defense.

I know what your response is "But Troy is out!!!!!" There are 31 other teams that don't have a Troy Polamalu. How many of those defenses force more turnovers than the Steelers?

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Defense was outstanding. I wish it would create more turnovers. But the defense played a whale of a game.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2012, 03:34 PM
Where were the turnovers? What happened to the defense that used to make splash plays? They may be number 1 as far as yards and points go, but championship defenses make splash plays. Right now the Steeler defense is a paper defense.

I know what your response is "But Troy is out!!!!!" There are 31 other teams that don't have a Troy Polamalu. How many of those defenses force more turnovers than the Steelers?

I agree with you about the defense needing to force more turn overs and making game changing plays.....Its really my problem with the defense even going back to the last Super Bowl appearance........But the defense didn't lose that game last night.......Special teams gave up a punt for a TD and the fumble by Wallace gave the Ravens 10 points......Tomlin played not to lose when not going for the TD when he settled for 3.....