PDA

View Full Version : Worst game from Haley all year?

steelersbabex25
11-19-2012, 12:41 AM
The play calling in this game was absolutely awful. It was either a run play or a shot 30 yards down field. No working the short yardage at all. It was almost adjusted too much for Leftwich. I know that he has a strong arm and a long wind-up and all that, but he seemed to take out 3/4 of the playbook. There was no variety at all. Why wasn't Heath used? Why wasn't Cotchery used?

Also, a fade route at the Ravens two yard line when Dwyer has been massacring the Ravens front 7 for the entire drive? Are you kidding me?

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Adams had his *** handed to him...

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 12:44 AM
Haley didn't call a great game, but Lefty looked god awful after the first drive and our WR couldn't hold onto the ball to save their lives. ST slipped up, and our o-line had a hard time pass blocking. We gave them this game. Just pathetic.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2012, 12:45 AM
The play calling in this game was absolutely awful. It was either a run play or a shot 30 yards down field. No working the short yardage at all. It was almost adjusted too much for Leftwich. I know that he has a strong arm and a long wind-up and all that, but he seemed to take out 3/4 of the playbook. There was no variety at all. Why wasn't Heath used? Why wasn't Cotchery used?

Also, a fade route at the Ravens two yard line when Dwyer has been massacring the Ravens front 7 for the entire drive? Are you kidding me?

Rather have seen two runs with Dwyer for a crack at the TD then that stupid fade to Wallace.....

teeceemadison
11-19-2012, 12:45 AM
agreed, the running game was clicking, and we stopped when it mattered most...

Big T
11-19-2012, 12:46 AM
I think it was more Leftwich trying to be Ben. He held onto the ball longer than Ben does, even without that horrible release. Leftwich just played a poor football game. I agree that the redzone play calling was awful though on that one drive.

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 12:47 AM
Yes, needed to see ALOT more Dwyer!!!!!! He kept checking himself out of the game, is he still not 100 percent?

And Ngata owns Mendy.

teeceemadison
11-19-2012, 12:47 AM
both miller and cotchery, usually realiable, couldnt hold two big throws that would have meant a shot at points

SteelerCountry58
11-19-2012, 12:52 AM
both miller and cotchery, usually realiable, couldnt hold two big throws that would have meant a shot at points
B.S. They were both popped solidly as the ball got there. Not their fault.
Heath wasn't used enough and Wallace was basically invisible.
Cotchery is.....Cotchery,sure as **** isn't Brown.

teeceemadison
11-19-2012, 12:56 AM
B.S. They were both popped solidly as the ball got there. Not their fault.
Heath wasn't used enough and Wallace was basically invisible.
Cotchery is.....Cotchery,sure as **** isn't Brown.

sorry, you got both hands on it, you are both seasoned professionals who know you are going to get hit, you have to catch that ball....

steelersbabex25
11-19-2012, 12:56 AM
I maintain that Haley called an awful game. Not giving Adams any help after he was getting beat on pretty much every play? Not running the ball when we needed the running game the most? I'm sorry but we all knew that Leftwich was not going to win this game for us. Why in the world was the ball put in his hands 39 times? That's outrageous.

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 01:00 AM
Both should've been caught imo. I was taught that if it hits your hands, then there's no excuse not to catch it. But they were both popped pretty hard, so you can't be too mad.

SteelerCountry58
11-19-2012, 01:08 AM
Both should've been caught imo. I was taught that if it hits your hands, then there's no excuse not to catch it. But they were both popped pretty hard, so you can't be too mad.
Haha...thats why you're posting on a message board and they are on a football field.
The balls and the hard hits got there at the same time. The ball may have hit their hands
but they were nailed on impact to jar it loose. Fault the QB for not getting it there before
both our boys were swarmed upon for a heavy impact. Whatever anyway.... Next game!

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 01:17 AM
Haha...thats why you're posting on a message board and they are on a football field.
The balls and the hard hits got there at the same time. The ball may have hit their hands
but they were nailed on impact to jar it loose. Fault the QB for not getting it there before
both our boys were swarmed upon for a heavy impact. Whatever anyway.... Next game!

Says the guy on the same message board.
Anyway, I said that both were popped hard so....yeah. Read the post again and get back to me.

LevonKirkland99
11-19-2012, 01:24 AM
What was Haley thinking on that throw to Wallace? Why not give it to Dwyer on Third down. We had the Ravens and we let them walk away with a win...Thank you Tomlin!!

SteelerCountry58
11-19-2012, 01:28 AM
Says the guy on the same message board.
Anyway, I said that both were popped hard so....yeah. Read the post again and get back to me.

I read the post. Something about catchable balls if it hits them on the hands?
I thought differently. Easy to say they should have been caught when you and I
are both sitting here and they are getting popped on the playing field.
Pretty much water under the bridge and a mute conversation now right?
Lots of head scratching in this game thats for damn sure. Ah,well....
I gotta get up for work and have to get my beauty sleep. LOL

NYCsteelersfan
11-19-2012, 02:31 AM
You can't blame any offensive coordinator for a loss when their quarterback is Leftwich and their "number one" WR is Wallace. I wouldn't even blame Arians for a loss if that is what he had to work with.

scudmissile29
11-19-2012, 02:44 AM
You can't blame any offensive coordinator for a loss when their quarterback is Leftwich and their "number one" WR is Wallace. I wouldn't even blame Arians for a loss if that is what he had to work with.

Yes.

Seems like OP is being a crybaby and trying to blame someone.

coldrolled
11-19-2012, 08:07 AM
Byron looks and plays like a little boy... Acting hurt on evry play isnt helping the OL Making the D smell blood....

Why we dont have a real QB for backup kills me. The 4th qtr Batch should have played....

Stone
11-19-2012, 08:56 AM
Even with Leftwich stinking up the joint, we could have won that game with the proper play calling. There was zero creativity and once the running game got going in the second half, we didn't use it at key, critical, moments!

This game mystifies me!

Is Batch hurt?.....Why didn't hwe go in when Lefty was clearly hurt and ineffectual?

Why didn't we use the run once it started being successful?

Why didn't Mendy try to get out of bounds?

Why did Lefty keep throwing the ball over the middle in the 2:00 minute drill?

Why doesn't Wallace fight for the ball?

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 11:47 AM
Even with Leftwich stinking up the joint, we could have won that game with the proper play calling. There was zero creativity and once the running game got going in the second half, we didn't use it at key, critical, moments!

This game mystifies me!

Is Batch hurt?.....Why didn't hwe go in when Lefty was clearly hurt and ineffectual?

Why didn't we use the run once it started being successful?

Why didn't Mendy try to get out of bounds?

Why did Lefty keep throwing the ball over the middle in the 2:00 minute drill?

Why doesn't Wallace fight for the ball?

1. I think Tomlin wanted to show Lefty that he has confidence in him...maybe? Or he wanted to Leftwich to finish "his" game? IDK honestly. That's all I can think of. As far as I have heard, Batch is healthy.

2. No clue. I was screaming for more Dwyer.

3. It looked like he thought he could get more out of the play with his speed. Nevertheless, he should know to get out of bounds ASAP in that situation.

4. Again, no clue.

5. He is timid, weak minded, and has zero heart. I thought he would have a big contract year at least...guess not. Is it possible to clone Hines Ward?

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2012, 11:54 AM

Yes you do blame the OC for calling a fade to Mike Wallace with a rusty QB who really isn't known for having much touch on his throws........Plus the running game had started to click and really two runs should have been called there since it was 3rd and 2......Go for it on 4th down if they hadn't gotten the first or TD on 3rd down........If the offense don't pick up the first then the Ravens offense would have been pinned deep and the Ravens offense hadn't moved the ball all night on the Steelers D....Mike Tomlin and Todd Haley settling for three there cost the Steelers the game....It was such a Bill Cowher type move.........

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Haley getting the plays in late causing us to burn timeouts certainly didn't help either. Tomlin for keeping a hurt lefty in as well... They blew it!