PDA

View Full Version : ESPN on Ben - Out three weeks.

coldrolled
11-18-2012, 11:23 AM
The Pittsburgh Steelers may have to roll with Byron Leftwich for a while.

ESPN's Chris Mortensen reported Sunday morning that a three week recovery for Ben Roethlisberger's rib injury is a "best case scenario." While doctors will know more about Roethlisberger's prognosis by the end of next week, it's believed to be a "long shot" that he'll suit up against Baltimore Ravens when the two teams face off again in Week 13.

We think the Steelers still have a shot to win Sunday night against the Ravens with Leftwich at quarterback. Pittsburgh also has a road date in Cleveland next week, which won't be easy assuming Roethlisberger is out.

There is never a good time to lose a franchise quarterback, but this news is crushing for Steelers fans. They need to split with Baltimore to have any shot at the AFC North. They could wind up letting teams like Cincinnati back into the playoff race.

Speeed
11-18-2012, 03:11 PM
I say give him a week beyond what the doctors say. He needs to be back at 110 percent despite our playoff picture.

BLACKandGOLD
11-18-2012, 03:12 PM
Definitely don't rush him back. We saw what rushing him back last year did with his ankle. He was not the same quarterback

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ChucktownSteeler
11-18-2012, 04:00 PM
I concede nothing to the Ravens. Lefty WILL get the job done.

SteelerCountry58
11-18-2012, 05:03 PM
I think the soonest we see Ben is the last Bungholes game in December.:dunno:

Nolrog
11-19-2012, 06:50 AM
I also heard doctors say it was probably a 6 week injury.

This is a very uncommon injury. The bottom line, is that no one really knows how long it's going to take to heal. And unlike other injuries, the Steelers won't rush Ben back. When he's healthy, I think they'll hold him an extra week, just to be sure.

Steveo
11-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Hope he gets better, and agree we shouldn't rush him back. Looks like 8-8 or 9-7, and missing the playoffs is in our future. That sucks because they were really starting to put it together.

LatrobePA
11-19-2012, 12:20 PM
Possible of nerve damage if he's rushed back.

Another year, a new drama surrounding a BB injury!

Big T
11-22-2012, 07:41 PM
CBS' Jason La Canfora reports Ben Roethlisberger (ribs, shoulder) is "expected back" for Week 13.
According to La Canfora, it's not "out of the question" that Roethlisberger could dress as an emergency quarterback for Week 12. Charlie Batch will start against the Browns, but it's clear Roethlisberger is making steady progress. He shed his sling on Wednesday. Considering the magnitude of next week's game against Baltimore, we expect Big Ben to be back. Nov 22 - 1:01 PM
Source: CBSSports.com

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger

LatrobePA
11-22-2012, 07:45 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/1181/ben-roethlisberger

Looking good...

Speeed
11-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Keep him healthy. I say sit him at least a week beyond when he is cleared to play.