PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers with a win over the Ravens ...

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2012, 03:15 PM
I know the Steelers have plenty of questions to still answer the rest of the season not knowing when Ben will come back but with all that being said with a win tomorrow night over the Ravens the Steelers will be back in 1st place with the head to head tiebraker in hand and can start to really focus on positioning themselves to get one of those bye weeks over the Patriots or Broncos. I for one believe Ben is going to come back at some point in December so the Steelers I believe are going to have a chance if they win this game tomorrow night to not only win this division but also get a bye week and a number 2 seed in the playoffs. This is such a huge huge swing game in the standings for both the Steelers and the Ravens. If the Ravens do end up winning this game they will be virtually 3 games up on the Steelers being 8-2 to the Steelers 6-4 if you factor in them having the head to head tiebraker. Where as if the Steelers win they would have the same record as the Ravens at 7-3 and own the edge with the head to head tiebraker and would be in first place come Monday morning.

This game I believe is a MUST for the Steelers to win if they want to win this division. You gotta take care of the Ravens in your own stadium plain and simple. Plus, beating the Ravens without Ben playing will put a lot of doubt in the Ravens minds as to whether they can beat the Steelers at all which will give them something to think about when they meet the Steelers in Baltimore in a few weeks with guys like Ben,Brown,and Troy possibly all being back. It's a huge huge game and it's a game that will ultimately decide I believe whether the Steelers will still have a legit chance to win this division or not.

coldrolled
11-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Yep. We need to beat them twice...

Nolrog
11-17-2012, 07:19 PM
Yep. We need to beat them twice...

Both times without Ben.

scudmissile29
11-17-2012, 07:51 PM
TBH I think we get slaughtered on Sunday,

Omicron
11-17-2012, 09:19 PM

Nah, I think this will be a field position game with all points from fg's. Steelers 12, Rotwings 6.

Root4Stlrs
11-17-2012, 10:22 PM
Don't believe the get slaughtered vibe as I honestly feel could go either way.. I'm not too good at predicting. I said chefs score 13 but unfortunately had the steeler score off by 19 LMAO

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2012, 10:35 PM
It's not going to be a slaughter, Flame is just lookin to stir the pot.

I can't guarantee we're going to win but I have a feeling this team is going to rally around Lefty and get the job done. It will be close and probably a nailbiter at the end they'll find a way to get it done.

With Ben out, people are leaving us for dead, no chance to win the division. That type of motivation can go a long way for a team.

Real Deal Steel
11-17-2012, 11:13 PM
Your right blitz. I too am sensing a "circle the bandwagon" feeling amongst the team and the fans.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Rainey punt return for a TD and a Timmons pick 6.........Steelers 20 Ravens 17

LevonKirkland99
11-18-2012, 02:02 AM
TBH I think we WIN today.

Mike Tomlin
11-18-2012, 06:11 AM
I think we win 20 - 17 or 17-13. It's funny how everyone notices our injuries but missed the Ravens. Their down to their 3rd and 4th corners with Webb and Jimmy Smith being out. Also the Ravens cannot stop the run, plus Ngata is also banged up. i think we'll run it down their throats and then Byron hit's Wallace over the top.

Troyisabeast_43
11-18-2012, 09:13 AM
This situation is a lot like 2005 where Ben got hurt in mid-November I believe missed 3 or 4 games and the Steelers had to keep their heads above water and then they got Ben back in December healthy and went on a roll and won the Super Bowl. I do believe that Ben will be back at some point in mid-December hopefully sooner so it's why this game and next week's game with the Browns is so key to win to get that head to head over the Ravens and get our conference record up to 5-3 and overall record to 8-3. I cannot wait for this game man 12 hours away lets get it on...

TarlsQtr
11-18-2012, 10:15 AM
I think we win 20 - 17 or 17-13. It's funny how everyone notices our injuries but missed the Ravens. Their down to their 3rd and 4th corners with Webb and Jimmy Smith being out. Also the Ravens cannot stop the run, plus Ngata is also banged up. i think we'll run it down their throats and then Byron hit's Wallace over the top.

Reed is banged up as well, having trouble tackling.

coldrolled
11-18-2012, 10:17 AM
Harbaugh will have 7-8 in the box and they will be shutting down the run and forcing byron to throw. byron has to win this game.. we will see. i hope byron kicks their arses.

coach
11-18-2012, 07:02 PM
If this was last year, I would have no faith in BAs ability to adjust with a different QB. At least we go into this game feeling like they should have game plan based on who is in/out. This needs to be our best game of the year and hopefully the whole team looked within after last week's embarassing showing.

We are such an enigma this year, I hate to think of being down another game.

Clevelandsux
11-18-2012, 08:09 PM
The word is ben will be out 3 weeks. Which means both Ravens games. Need to at least split with the Ravens. And of course handle the Browns. If we can somehow squeak out a win tonight, sure would be nice.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2012, 08:21 PM
If Ben's injury heals quickly then I do think Ben might be back for the 2nd Ravens game.....Of course I'm wishful thinking....lol

Steeler4life
11-18-2012, 08:37 PM
These games are usually close games right to the end with the D's on both sides controlling most of it. If Leftwich keeps the mistakes to a minimum I expect it to be one of those close ones.

elephantman
11-18-2012, 08:57 PM

i Kinda do too.....But even if we win, they will own the tie-breaker 'when' we lose at Balt, as they already own the tie breaker with a better conf record most likely if we split and end season with same record....

this thread is a Pipe dream

scudmissile29
11-18-2012, 09:04 PM
i Kinda do too.....But even if we win, they will own the tie-breaker 'when' we lose at Balt, as they already own the tie breaker with a better conf record most likely if we split and end season with same record....

this thread is a Pipe dream

yes, this whole forum is a pipe dream. lol I've learned to know that.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-18-2012, 09:09 PM
yes, this whole forum is a pipe dream. lol I've learned to know that.

I'm just hoping the team rises up tonight without Ben.....Plus Flame its not like the Ravens are a juggernaut on the road this year.......Many things will have to go the Steelers way no doubt but I'm not going to be all doom and gloom.....If the Steelers lose tonight then oh well......But I'm hoping for the miracle....lol

scudmissile29
11-19-2012, 12:37 AM
ban the OP for the rest of the season

disillusioned thread

LevonKirkland99
11-19-2012, 12:40 AM
Maybe we can beat them in Balt;)

Troyisabeast_43
11-19-2012, 12:59 AM
Steelers pretty much now need to win in Cleveland next Sunday and need the Chargers to beat the Ravens next Sunday and then hopefully we can return the favor and go into Baltimore in 2 weeks and win and even up the record at 8-4 going into the last 4 games. It's really our only realistic shot at still winning this division. It's a frustrating tough loss but the Steelers have 6 games left and need to move on from this one. This team needs Ben Roethlisberger back to have any chance to go anywhere...

steelerschick1220
11-19-2012, 01:07 AM
I cant see us going into Baltimore with Ben not starting and beating them. Sorry. So, barring a major miracle it looks like a wild card for us. Hope we like playing on the road.

scudmissile29
11-19-2012, 02:43 AM
Steelers pretty much now need to win in Cleveland next Sunday and need the Chargers to beat the Ravens next Sunday and then hopefully we can return the favor and go into Baltimore in 2 weeks and win and even up the record at 8-4 going into the last 4 games. It's really our only realistic shot at still winning this division. It's a frustrating tough loss but the Steelers have 6 games left and need to move on from this one. This team needs Ben Roethlisberger back to have any chance to go anywhere...

ban this dude lol

he sounds like the ****ing priest going on and on about something that won't happen/realistic.

steelchamp204
11-19-2012, 04:14 AM
ban this dude lol

he sounds like the ****ing priest going on and on about something that won't happen/realistic.

It's a long shot, but realistic.

Troyisabeast_43
11-19-2012, 07:34 AM
ban this dude lol

Ban yourself for being a bi-polar ignorant *******...Seriously dude youre a ****ing waste to this board...

RayRayHeyHey
11-19-2012, 11:55 AM
Maybe we can beat them in Balt;)

Hell freezes over and pigs fly before the Steelers beat the Ravens at M&T with a backup QB. M&T is the best home field advantage in football. 16 straight wins and longest win rate in NFL. Lefty will sh*t his pants walking into that stadium.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 11:59 AM
There's just no way we beat the Ravens without Ben or AB. Wallace has mentally checked out on us because his only concern is money now.

And Tomlin isn't a strong enough leader to bench Wallace.

SnakeEyes43
11-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Hell freezes over and pigs fly before the Steelers beat the Ravens at M&T with a backup QB. M&T is the best home field advantage in football. 16 straight wins and longest win rate in NFL. Lefty will sh*t his pants walking into that stadium.

It's possbile, but highly unlikely. Even with Ben coming back it's a long shot (assuming he's not 100 percent in two weeks). Picturing Lefty pooping his pants made me laugh though...he just has that face.