PDA

View Full Version : Any word on Decastro?

BLACKandGOLD
11-17-2012, 08:41 AM
Has anyone heard anything on how Decastro is doing? I thought they said he would be able to come back this season if everything went as planned?

TarlsQtr
11-17-2012, 09:58 AM
They have just a few days more to decide what to do with him. They are waiting to the last minute, I assume, because they will IR him if there are no injuries to an interior lineman that would make him necessary. I do not believe they want to mess with the chemistry of a line that has played moderately well.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2012/10/30/3575320/steelers-roster-david-decastro-injured-reserve-IR-rules

Nolrog
11-17-2012, 06:25 PM
Has he actually practiced to start the clock?

This move should be made with the long term in mind. Forget this year, with Ben and Troy out, it's going to be difficult to go anywhere. Will DeCastro be better in his career sitting on IR or on the active roster, playing in some games? The answer is pretty obvious to me.

TarlsQtr
11-17-2012, 10:37 PM
It's waaaaayyyy too early to give up on this season, IMO. Most likely, both Ben and Troy play again this year.

And let us put this in perspective. I am not saying it will happen, but let's assume Lefty and the O put a 27 up on the Ratbirds and we win 27-13. We are in first place and this board will be roaring about how well we are positioned for the playoffs. This team is a contender year after year with a "next man up" philosophy. I would not give up on anything until the cause is hopeless.

As far as Decastro, I am not an expert in the new IR rules but I believe the clock started when he was placed on it. They have until a set date to either activate him or shut him down for the year.

FlatsSteeler
11-18-2012, 08:04 AM
The Steelers pay big money for DeCastro to play football if the medical people and his conditioning are given the go....he will and needs to play...Anybody who thinks that this O-line is playing with any type of consistency or even moderately well is smoking something funny......But just saying that DeCastro is ready he will only improve the O-Line play.......As for TP43 or BR7 I highly doubt you will see either of them this season especially Ben, the seriousness of his RIB INJURY will preclude him from playing PERIOD.......TP43 calf muscles take forever to heal if Allen continues to play the way he is now TP43 will sit and heal maybe even have the much needed surgery........As for the Steelers being out of the Picture......Tonights game will dictate the Season.....I thing they beat the Rats tonight and set the table for the Run........

ChucktownSteeler
11-18-2012, 12:48 PM
Tough call indeed, I lean toward shelving him to next year.

cmerrifield
11-18-2012, 01:02 PM
I want him ready. If Ben can't play Lefty needs more time/better pass protection. If there is an injury at OG, he could fill it well.

sent from my Galaxy SIII using tapatalk 2

BLACKandGOLD
11-18-2012, 01:12 PM
I'm leaning towards just sitting him until next year. You have to think long term on this one

SteelerCountry58
11-18-2012, 05:08 PM
I'd like to see him get some reps this season if he's ready to go. He's 22 not 32,guys heal
up quicker at that age. If he's not 100% then shelve him until next camp.
Thanks Gilbert you a hole!:banging:

NYCsteelersfan
11-19-2012, 02:01 AM
It's waaaaayyyy too early to give up on this season, IMO. Most likely, both Ben and Troy play again this year. let's say you're right, which I don't think you are. Even if Roethlisberger comes back, the season will already be over.

Anybody who thinks that this O-line is playing with any type of consistency or even moderately well is smoking something funny......

Or just naturally delusional

Big T
11-21-2012, 11:50 AM
@steelers: First round draft pick, rookie David DeCastro is eligible & will return to practice today, he is still on the Return/Reserve/Injured List.

@JayGlazer: This could be HUGE! Nasty SOB RT @AlbertBreer: Big ... RT @steelers: First round draft pick David DeCastro will return to practice today, he is still on the Return/Reserve/Injured List.

SnakeEyes43
11-21-2012, 12:09 PM
@JayGlazer: This could be HUGE! Nasty SOB RT @AlbertBreer: Big ... RT @steelers: First round draft pick David DeCastro will return to practice today, he is still on the Return/Reserve/Injured List.

Awww yeahhhhh booyyyeeeeeee.

Big T
11-21-2012, 12:25 PM
The Steelers may be running low on quarterbacks, but they got an offensive lineman back at practice on Wednesday.

Guard David DeCastro, their first-round pick in April, has been cleared to return to practice. DeCastro has been out since tearing his MCL and doing other damage to his right knee in one of Pittsburgh’s preseason games. He was placed on injured reserve with the designation to return after final cuts and has been eligible to return to practice for several weeks.

Now that he has returned to practice, the team has three weeks to decide whether or not to move him back to the active roster. Until they do, DeCastro does not count against the 53-man roster so there’s no need for a corresponding move. If they don’t, he’ll revert to injured reserve for the rest of the year.

DeCastro was immediately pencilled into the starting lineup when the team selected him and he’ll likely get a chance to win back the job if he’s healthy. Ramon Foster’s done a good job at right guard, though, so DeCastro probably won’t get it just for showing up in a uniform. At the very least, having him healthy would improve the options available should there be an injury down the line up front for the Steelers.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/11/21/david-decastro-returns-to-practice/

Clevelandsux
11-21-2012, 05:54 PM
thats good news