PDA

View Full Version : Mendy/Clark probable; other injury updates

SnakeEyes43
11-16-2012, 03:31 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/66836/mendenhall-clark-both-probable-for-steelers
Steelers running back Rashard Mendenhall is expected to play in Sunday's game against the Ravens after missing the past four games with an Achilles injury. Mendenhall is listed as probable on the Steelers injury report.

Steelers safety Ryan Clark is also likely to play despite suffering his second concussion in three weeks. He is also listed as probable.

As expected, four starters for Pittsburgh have been ruled out: quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (shoulder), safety Troy Polamalu (calf), wide receiver Antonio Brown (ankle) and offensive tackle Marcus Gilbert (ankle).

For the Ravens, starting defensive end Pernell McPhee (thigh) is listed as doubtful a day after telling reporters that he was at full strength. He will be replaced by Art Jones.

Cornerback Jimmy Smith is the only player for Baltimore who has been ruled out. He had groin surgery Thursday.Glad Clark will play, we'll need him!

Brown, Troy, Gilbert all out.

LatrobePA
11-16-2012, 04:46 PM
Can you imagine how good this team would be if 100% healthy? It'd be scary!!

Too bad we aren't even close!

SnakeEyes43
11-16-2012, 04:57 PM
Can you imagine how good this team would be if 100% healthy? It'd be scary!!

Too bad we aren't even close!

We'd probably have the best record in the AFC, with home-field advantage in the Playoffs. Makes me sad to think about.

LatrobePA
11-16-2012, 04:58 PM
We'd probably have the best record in the AFC, with home-field advantage in the Playoffs. Makes me sad to think about.

Would be for sure I have no doubt!

TarlsQtr
11-16-2012, 05:52 PM
Yeah, but that can be said of many teams.

Real Deal Steel
11-16-2012, 06:52 PM
Troy is done. Or so it seems.

SnakeEyes43
11-16-2012, 06:58 PM
Troy is done. Or so it seems.

I think he and Harrison both. Two of my favorite players of the last eight years...sigh.

SnakeEyes43
11-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Yeah, but that can be said of many teams.

Not many teams have a pro bowl WR, pro bowl QB, pro bowl SS, and a top-tier RB on one team, let alone all injured at once.

LevonKirkland99
11-16-2012, 10:15 PM
Troy may come back after Thanksgiving in tome for Baltimore?

Root4Stlrs
11-17-2012, 12:24 AM
Troy may come back after Thanksgiving in tome for Baltimore? I've given up on him being back or, if he is, he will get hurt sometime before the half.

BLACKandGOLD
11-17-2012, 09:39 AM
I was really hoping Brown would be able to go this week but we have guys that can step up and make some plays. With Troy, every week I lose hope for him to even come back this season. It's sad to think about but i've never seen a player have this much trouble with injuries.

steelspikes
11-17-2012, 01:50 PM
I was really hoping Brown would be able to go this week but we have guys that can step up and make some plays. With Troy, every week I lose hope for him to even come back this season. It's sad to think about but i've never seen a player have this much trouble with injuries.
Bob Sanders, hard-hitting Safety with Indy, actually had much more injury trouble than T.P.

Big T
11-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Bob Sanders, hard-hitting Safety with Indy, actually had much more injury trouble than T.P.

And it's not even remotely close...

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6803/career
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/6352/career

People seem to forget that the last two season before this one (10-11, 11-12) Polamalu only missed 2 games. He had a bad knee injury in 2009 and now a bad calf injury. He played a full season in 08-09 too. I don't get it.

LevonKirkland99
11-17-2012, 05:10 PM
I don't think he's done yet, but it is going to be up to the front office whether to cut him or force him to retire. The guy can still play when healthy and he IS the best safety on this team.