PDA

View Full Version : Mendenhall will start vs. The Ravens

Real Deal Steel
11-15-2012, 02:56 PM
From Rotoworld.com:

Isaac Redman said Thursday that it "looks like" Rashard Mendenhall (Achilles) will start versus the Ravens Sunday night.
It's hardly a surprise considering RBs coach Kirby Wilson confirmed a week ago that Mendenhall would remain the starter once he's cleared for game action.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2012, 02:58 PM
Gerry Dulac of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette reports that Steelers running back Isaac Redman (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5544/isaac-redman) said it “looks like (https://twitter.com/gerrydulac/status/269147470569807872)” Rashard Mendenhall (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4652/rashard-mendenhall) will start at tailback.

This is a nice problem to have right now, 3 fairly healthy RB's on the roster, but now we're back to that, who should really get the starting job question again.LOL.

With Ben out though, I'll take any available playmaker we can get. Mendy starts, Dwyer SHOULD back him up.

coldrolled
11-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Mendy and Dwyer in the Backfield .....

Run Run and Run more...

Goodfrom55
11-15-2012, 04:41 PM
Besides running, and catching, other thing to consider is Mendy is very good picking up the blitz and don't think for one minute the Rats won't send people early and often.

I might be in the minority, but I still maintain that Mendy is the best RB on this team (when healthy).

Big T
11-15-2012, 06:53 PM
Besides running, and catching, other thing to consider is Mendy is very good picking up the blitz and don't think for one minute the Rats won't send people early and often.

I might be in the minority, but I still maintain that Mendy is the best RB on this team (when healthy).

You're definitely not alone.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-15-2012, 07:02 PM
When Mendy came back he had a good game. He's the guy until he proves he can't handle it. Dwyer better be backing him up and playing a significant role too though.

All 3 of these guys aren't going to be back next year so everyone is making their bid for more playing time now and in the future.

tburg68
11-15-2012, 07:33 PM

You're definitely not alone.

Ditto

SnakeEyes43
11-15-2012, 08:00 PM
Mendy is by far the most naturally talented of the group. Dwyer is a stud, but he is not even close to Mendy in the "athletic freak" category. I like both a lot, and I am very excited to see them rotate the work load and pound the Rats!

Troyisabeast_43
11-15-2012, 09:16 PM
I dont have a problem going with Mendy either. He looked great in the Eagles game he played in and he should be fresh and ready to go and hopefully he will have a big game. Im with a lot of people as well when they say Dwyer should be backing him up and seeing a lot of carries as well on Sunday...

steelersbabex25
11-15-2012, 10:25 PM
I hope it's more like Mendy is the "starter" and they split the carries fairly evenly.

Real Deal Steel
11-16-2012, 02:07 AM
The best way to take pressure off of Lefty is to run the ball. And run it some more. We will need both. This could be the most run heavy game of the year so far.

BLACKandGOLD
11-16-2012, 10:27 AM
Mendenhall should start if hes healthy. I would rather have Dwyer back him up than Redman but I have a feeling they will try to distribute the carries pretty evenly just to keep a fresh guy in the backfield to keep the run game going. Words cannot express how important it is this week to establish the run.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Every healthy RB needs to be involved in this game.....I want to see Rashard go nuts in this game........Pound the ball against the Ravens battered defense.......But I also don't want to see Lefty in 3rd and long situations.......

coldrolled
11-16-2012, 01:17 PM
Whoever starts and gains less than 3 yards per carry .... switch them out and get the runner picking up 4.5 per carry... then stick with them until the 4th qtr... then add some fresh legs again.

Real Deal Steel
11-16-2012, 04:31 PM
Boy...I would love for our runner to average 4 yards a carry in this game. I'd like to see them run a screen play atleast 3 times in this game too. We've got to take advantage of their pass rush.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-17-2012, 09:37 PM
I think Ngata is coming back for this game so that will help their run defense. Pouncey will have his hands full but he can handle it. This is a game where Mendy needs to do what he did earlier this year when he did play, find the hole and hit it quick and fast. No dancing, no picking and choosing, see your spot and go for it getting north and south as quickly as possible.

BLACKandGOLD
11-18-2012, 01:32 PM
Well said

ChucktownSteeler
11-18-2012, 04:01 PM
Mendy starts and I hope we some Dwyer as well.