PDA

View Full Version : Do we trust Leftwich?

Rhys Lightning 63
11-14-2012, 03:49 PM
In one of the biggest games of our season, a game that could very well decide who finishes top of the AFC North?

Big T
11-14-2012, 03:58 PM
Leftwich is 0-6 in his last six games as a starter, his last victory coming on Oct. 8, 2006 while playing the Jacksonville Jaguars, who selected Leftwich with the seventh overall pick of the 2003 draft.

According to the Elias Sports Bureau, the only quarterback with a longer active streak of consecutive losses is Chad Henne at seven losses in a row. Henne, is currently the Jaguars' backup quarterback.

Not really...

Rhys Lightning 63
11-14-2012, 04:01 PM
My memory isn't the greatest, but was it Leftwich that played against the Ravens back in the 2009 season and actually gave a good show of himself? Was it him or was it Charlie Batch?

Big T
11-14-2012, 04:06 PM
My memory isn't the greatest, but was it Leftwich that played against the Ravens back in the 2009 season and actually gave a good show of himself? Was it him or was it Charlie Batch?

That was Dennis Dixon. Leftwich was a Buccaneer in 2009.

steelchamp204
11-14-2012, 04:06 PM
Who else do we have? Batch? lol

Big T
11-14-2012, 04:09 PM
At this point, I'd rather Batch start.

North Steel
11-14-2012, 04:19 PM
Not really.I'd rather see batch start. That windup makes me really nervous.

steelchamp204
11-14-2012, 04:23 PM
It could possibly change during the week, maybe Batch shows more in practice than Lefty. It could happen.

LatrobePA
11-14-2012, 04:24 PM
Gang lets face it our season just ended as we knew it. There is only one Big Ben, lefty will do his best but honestly it won't be good enough.

Does lefty want to win this game? Heck yea, can he?? Without great defense help and a pick six he won't!

Goodfrom55
11-14-2012, 04:27 PM
Do we have another choice? Batch and Lefty are both capable, and perhaps I'm in the minority here, but for a guy who prior to the Chiefs game, last took snaps in Latrobe, I thought he did pretty well. With a weeks worth of reps, I think if the Steelers lose this game SUnday, Lefty won't be the reason why.

Big T
11-14-2012, 04:28 PM
Our only hope is that the Ravens crowd the box to sell out the run and give Wallace some one on one coverage. Leftwich still has a cannon. If the line can give him like 15 seconds, with that delivery, he might get a long ball or two off...

PABLO36
11-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Batch is the better quarterback hands down. Im not confident with leftwich especially after the way he played last week. Batch is the guy!

Goodfrom55
11-14-2012, 04:31 PM
"T", that's just it, they can't afford to overload the run or pass defense becuase they're vulnerable in both areas. They're #26 against the pass at 258 YPG and #26 vs the run at 132 YPG. I'm sure they will step it up because of the rivalry, but the Ravens are not what they used to be on "D".

This is still a very winnable game for the Steelers.

Goodfrom55
11-14-2012, 04:56 PM
The only way they will stuff the run is to run blitz, and if they do, that will leave the quick slants wide open to the inside on hot routes.

Rhys Lightning 63
11-14-2012, 04:59 PM
Our only hope is that the Ravens crowd the box to sell out the run and give Wallace some one on one coverage. Leftwich still has a cannon. If the line can give him like 15 seconds, with that delivery, he might get a long ball or two off...

OUR offensive line, letting Leftwich have FIFTEEN seconds in the pocket? Are you high?

LatrobePA
11-14-2012, 05:12 PM
OUR offensive line, letting Leftwich have FIFTEEN seconds in the pocket? Are you high?

Was a joke! As is his wind up! He'll be a sitting duck!

steelersbabex25
11-14-2012, 05:36 PM
Lefty was OK for not being a starter, but he's still terrible and will not lead this team to the playoffs and certainly not the superbowl. We need to sign someone halfway decent.

Steeler4life
11-14-2012, 07:55 PM
We don't have a choice..he's starting LOL

LevonKirkland99
11-14-2012, 08:34 PM
Batch is too old and he may injure himself..Lol. I don't trust BLeft but he may play his best since the game is on national TV. He may be too slow for bubble screens though....The Rats are already thinking this is an easy game so Leftwich may pull a surprise.

His wind-up though!!!!!!!

SteelerCountry58
11-14-2012, 09:20 PM
What other options do we have. LOL:bonk:
I see....Leftbitch going down sometime and then Batch getting nailed
afterwards. Our O line is way too inconsistent and gives up way too
many pancake sacks and rushes. Ben survived because he's not human.
The Lefty and Batch show is running on borrowed time. Man,I hope I'm
wrong and we can keep our heads above water but I'm not so sure.:evilshake:

LarryNJ
11-14-2012, 09:46 PM
I trust Lefty way more than Batch. But I have a feeling we are going to see lots of both of them in the next several weeks.

Zachintosh66
11-14-2012, 10:43 PM
Granted there is only one Ben, but with this offense... im confident in either Lefty or Batch to do enough. If OL holds up, we will be fine. TH has an actual brain and can make adjustments based on personel... unlike BA.

I think the Ravens game will be very very competitive.

Its gonna come down to which team can get to the other QB more...

SuperSteelers
11-15-2012, 02:24 AM
Fack no I don't trust Leftbitch

K Train
11-15-2012, 07:50 AM
leftwich is a big, strong, accurate QB. I think with better weather and a full week of practice he will put them in a position to win the game. everyone has to step up and rally behind him but he can definitely do it.

I worry about him being a sitting duck in the pocket, and his biggest fault in jacksonville is that long *** wind up. He had Mat Jones 6-6, Reggie Williams 6-5, ernest wilford 6-4, and marcedes lewis 6-6 and he would overshoot them wayyy too much. granted they all were ****ing terrible but he needs to make smart decisions and quick reads this week

Speeed
11-15-2012, 08:40 AM
Let's stop with the "Leftbitch" already. He is just a guy trying to make a career. He will do the best he can. Why not try to appreciate his efforts? He is one of less than I would say .25% of the population that has the skill to make it in the NFL and he gets made fun of. What do we want him to do, quit? Ridiculous. I appreciate the effort the guy is giving for the team and on behalf of the fans. Sure, he is not BR, but that a reason to be rude and inconsiderate?

Fack no I don't trust Leftbitch

VTSteelerfan
11-15-2012, 09:03 AM
Where's McNabb???

Stone
11-15-2012, 10:22 AM
I hate to even type these words because it feels like an epitaph. Leftwich's release is a thing of horror. He throws bullets when touch is needed. If he started 16 games he would lead the league in blocked passes and also in deflected interceptions.

Not to mention he is a whiner.....every time something happens to thwart a play he gets upset.

I would rather see us use Batch till he breaks and bring Hines Ward back to be his backup.

steelersbabex25
11-15-2012, 10:45 AM
Just gotta hope that he doesn't cause more than 3 fumbles. He lets the ball hang back there in his hand for hours.

LarryNJ
11-15-2012, 10:50 AM
Where's McNabb???
:lol:

He may be called because I don't see Lefty and Batch lasting.

Real Deal Steel
11-15-2012, 10:58 AM
At this point, I'd rather Batch start.

Batch is clearly the better choice. Lefty should never have been brought back. He must have naked pictures of someone in the front office.

Real Deal Steel
11-15-2012, 10:59 AM
leftwich is a big, strong, accurate QB. I think with better weather and a full week of practice he will put them in a position to win the game. everyone has to step up and rally behind him but he can definitely do it.

I worry about him being a sitting duck in the pocket, and his biggest fault in jacksonville is that long *** wind up. He had Mat Jones 6-6, Reggie Williams 6-5, ernest wilford 6-4, and marcedes lewis 6-6 and he would overshoot them wayyy too much. granted they all were ****ing terrible but he needs to make smart decisions and quick reads this week

This is crap. Lefty is a bum. And he is clearly worse then Batch.

K Train
11-15-2012, 12:42 PM
This is crap. Lefty is a bum. And he is clearly worse then Batch.

clearly worse than batch is nonsensical. batch is pretty bad. they way theyve been running the ball though i dont think it will matter, especially with Mendenhall coming back

K Train
11-15-2012, 12:44 PM
I hate to even type these words because it feels like an epitaph. Leftwich's release is a thing of horror. He throws bullets when touch is needed. If he started 16 games he would lead the league in blocked passes and also in deflected interceptions.

Not to mention he is a whiner.....every time something happens to thwart a play he gets upset.

I would rather see us use Batch till he breaks and bring Hines Ward back to be his backup.

a whiner? theres a lot of whiners in pro football, id say about 80%

Rhys Lightning 63
11-15-2012, 01:45 PM
:lol:

He may be called because I don't see Lefty and Batch lasting.

That's not a bad shout actually

Real Deal Steel
11-15-2012, 03:53 PM
clearly worse than batch is nonsensical. batch is pretty bad. they way theyve been running the ball though i dont think it will matter, especially with Mendenhall coming back

You endorsing Lefty over Batch is non-sensical. Lefty hasn't won a game he's started in eons. And he can't move. Atleast Batch can move left or right. And it doesn't take Batch 15 minutes to throw a pass.

Blazedby92
11-15-2012, 04:35 PM
It's the Steelers and Ravens all we know is that both teams will play physical and whoever is more physical is going to win this game. Stats and everything else doesn't matter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

Goodfrom55
11-15-2012, 04:59 PM
Some of you must think Haley is the biggest idiot walking. Do you honestly believe haley will design a gameplan that puts Lefty directly in the crosshairs and have the fate of the game rest on his shoulders? C'mon. There will be more running plays with a FB, some shotgun with a chip or max protect to Suggs' side. If the WR's can't get open vs the Rats secondary, then we have bigger problems. Except for Ed Reed, the Rats secondary SUCKS, and we have 2 blazers at WR and one over the middle guy (Cotch), plus Heath. Not to mention Lefty was a little rusty vs KC with absolutely no snaps since Latrobe. BTW, KC has a better defense than the Rats. With a week's worth of reps, I believe (albeit cautiously) that Lefty will not be the reason the Steelers lose this game - if they lose. Unless Lefty throws 4 ints and a pick 6, I truly believe whether or not the Steelers win this game will be a direct result of how well the defense plays and how well we do on special teams. This would be a great game for Rainey to break out and take one to the house. Might also be a great time for the defense to take over a game and knock unibrow out.
Still waiting for Harrison to show up.

coldrolled
11-15-2012, 05:30 PM
Still waiting for Harrison to show up.

Maybe his repeated run at the QB isnt working no more.... he wore his left hip out..

Switch him and Woodley. Maybe a change of direction will help him.... he can wear his right hip out..

Other than that... We need to rotate him out.. Worilds has more sacks.

But then you have Rice also.. So... roatate..

Goodfrom55
11-15-2012, 05:38 PM
Maybe his repeated run at the QB isnt working no more.... he wore his left hip out..

Switch him and Woodley. Maybe a change of direction will help him.... he can wear his right hip out..

Other than that... We need to rotate him out.. Worilds has more sacks.

But then you have Rice also.. So... roatate..

I don't know why he doesn't try a spin move once in a while. . .he used to and it was very effective.

KemoTherapy
11-15-2012, 05:56 PM
I would have more confidence on Batch to be able to make a quick read, understand what the defense is doing and get rid of the ball quickly to the right receiver. Of course he'll probably break in half if someone sneezes on him but that's another story. Garrard anyone?, or get Tebow for a bucket of gatorade??.

NorCalSteel
11-15-2012, 06:52 PM
Career Stas from both Batch and Leftwich are almost the same neither great. right down to QB rating so it is what it is boy's grin and bear it and route for our team what else is left to do??

Stone
11-16-2012, 09:58 AM
a whiner? theres a lot of whiners in pro football, id say about 80%

Not at QB....Maybe Newton?

Watch Lefty......if the defender breaks up the pass, or the receiver doesn't catch a catchable ball, the look on his face is like "ahhhh man, I only get in once in a while and you guys won't let me look good!"

steelersbabex25
11-16-2012, 10:46 AM
Not at QB....Maybe Newton?

Not at QB? EVERY QB is a whiner.

SnakeEyes43
11-16-2012, 11:04 AM
Not at QB? EVERY QB is a whiner.

Agree, QBs are some of the biggest babies in the NFL. Look at Brady, Manning(s), Cutler, Flacco, Sanchez, Rivers, Rogers, Cassel, Smith, Romo, and even Ben sometimes.

BLACKandGOLD
11-16-2012, 11:25 AM
I think we need to give him a little more credit than hes getting. Leftwich is not a complete scrub, hes a veteran guy and has experience. I know he is not mobile at all and he can't extend the play like Ben but he still can throw the ball. The long wind up is a problem but hes proven he can win an NFL football game. I think the Steelers are going to try to run the ball down the Ravens throats and that will take a ton of pressure off of Leftwich.

tburg68
11-16-2012, 12:00 PM
For the record, Leftwich is the best option for the Steelers at QB. He definitely is not the worst backup in the league, and better than Batch at this point. McNabb is a joke.

If the Steelers win this game, it will be from pressuring Flacco and stopping the run.

TarlsQtr
11-16-2012, 05:30 PM
For the record, Leftwich is the best option for the Steelers at QB. He definitely is not the worst backup in the league, and better than Batch at this point. McNabb is a joke.

If the Steelers win this game, it will be from pressuring Flacco and stopping the run.

Not only is he not the worst, he is one of the better backups. For Pete's sake, here is a list I put up the other day, "Graham Harrell (Rodgers' backup), Chase Daniel (Brees' backup), Tyrod Taylor (Flacco's backup), Brady Quinn (Cassell's backup), Colin Kaepernick (Smith's backup), David Carr (Eli's backup), Tim Tebow (Sanchez's backup), Brock Osweiler (Peyton's backup), Derek Anderson (Newton's backup)."

Is there ONE that you would rather have as an emergency starter in a playoff game or a week 11 game against the Ravens? Every backup has flaws or he would be starting. Lefty is no exception. However, the guy had a winning record as the Jag starter
in 46 games. He is a capable NFL quarterback in the right system. Everyone should stop whining that we do not have Brady as a backup.

Real Deal Steel
11-16-2012, 05:33 PM
Hell no we don't trush Lefty. But for some reason the coaching staff has chosen him over Batch. So Lefty is getting all the reps this week and he better come out on target against the hated ones.

Real Deal Steel
11-16-2012, 05:34 PM

Lefty is the worse backup in the league.

TarlsQtr
11-16-2012, 05:42 PM

Yeah, I would much rather go into the game Sunday night with Brock Osweiler or Tyrod Taylor than Lefty. LOL

tburg68
11-16-2012, 05:58 PM

Whatever, posts like this give you zero credibility.

tburg68
11-16-2012, 06:15 PM
Kevin Kolb, Tim Tebow, Matt Moore, T.J. Yates, Colin Kaepernick, Shaun Hill, Nick Foles, Chad Henne, Ryan Mallett, David Carr, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Chase Daniel, Joe Webb, Kellen Clemens, Luke McCown, Graham Harrell, Drew Stanton, Dan Orlovsky, Charlie Whitehurst, Tyler Thigpen, Tyrod Taylor, Brock Osweiler

Here's a partial list of NFL backups............................WOW

TarlsQtr
11-16-2012, 06:22 PM
EXACTLY, tburg68. They are either a bunch of veterans without a career anywhere close to Lefty's or young kids with no experience who you would never put in to start such an important game. I love speaking with most of the people on this website as they are usually well-informed and great Steelers fans, but on THIS topic it is a ship of fools with RealDealSteel as the captain. Worst backup in the league? Not even close.

We are extremely lucky to have Lefty.

Goodfrom55
11-16-2012, 06:51 PM
If they put the ball in his lap and say win the game and he throws 4 picks, then that's the Steelers fault. All he needs to do is not turn the ball over, stay out of 3rd and long, convert 3rd downs and play within his abilities.

But as some of you have said and I agree, the Steelers will win or lose this game on how well the defense defends flacco and rice.

Goodfrom55
11-16-2012, 06:52 PM
he came out stone cold, without a snap since training camp and did an ok job. with all the reps he took in practice, he will be fine.

LevonKirkland99
11-16-2012, 11:59 PM

Really? come on now, this is getting redic...lets call Neil O'Donnell then!!!

Rhys Lightning 63
11-17-2012, 07:37 AM
Kevin Kolb, Tim Tebow, Matt Moore, T.J. Yates, Colin Kaepernick, Shaun Hill, Nick Foles, Chad Henne, Ryan Mallett, David Carr, Matt Leinart, Brady Quinn, Derek Anderson, Chase Daniel, Joe Webb, Kellen Clemens, Luke McCown, Graham Harrell, Drew Stanton, Dan Orlovsky, Charlie Whitehurst, Tyler Thigpen, Tyrod Taylor, Brock Osweiler

Here's a partial list of NFL backups............................WOW

Something tells me that Tim Tebow won't be backing up for much longer

Real Deal Steel
11-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Whatever, posts like this give you zero credibility.

Part of that post is the disgust I feel for the situation we are in. But There are a bunch of bad back up QB's in the league. bad meaning that on a scale of 1-10 they are just a two. And Lefty is one of them. I've seen Lefty with reps. There was a reason a couple of years ago that Batch was chosen over Lefty. Nothing has changed in my book. Lefty wasn't good enough two years ago to be the backup starter in case of emergency.

muncher
11-17-2012, 10:32 AM
instead of crying about how terrible lefty is, or how terrible batch is, why dont youy place the blame on the people that are actually responsible for our backup qb situation.
tomlin and colbert have had numerous opportunities to improve this psosition and havent done a thing..........cry about them.
lefty and batch will perform to the best of their abilities. that's all you can ask of them.

TarlsQtr
11-17-2012, 10:50 AM
Part of that post is the disgust I feel for the situation we are in. But There are a bunch of bad back up QB's in the league. bad meaning that on a scale of 1-10 they are just a two. And Lefty is one of them. I've seen Lefty with reps. There was a reason a couple of years ago that Batch was chosen over Lefty. Nothing has changed in my book. Lefty wasn't good enough two years ago to be the backup starter in case of emergency.

Yeah there was a reason that Batch was chosen over Lefty in 2010. Lefty sprained his MCL in the pre-season finale and could not play. Up to that point, Lefty was the starter who was going to replace Ben during his suspension.

And you are completely sounding the retreat bugle again after being called out on a total lack of knowledge. You first stated that Lefty was the "worse (sic) backup in the league" but now have him merely in the same category as those on the list provided by tburg68. Comparing Lefty negatively to Kellen Clemons and the other dregs on that list is a joke.

Please tell us what backup QBs in this league you would rather have starting for us in the playoffs come January if Ben could not go for some reason.

Big T
11-17-2012, 11:26 AM
The more I've thought about it the last few days, the better I feel about Leftwich. He's obviously not Ben, but with Haley as the coordinator, and the O line playing well for the most part, he should be ok. With some practice reps, and hopefully not the horrible weather like last week, I believe Byron can get the job done. Solid run game and short passes will be key.

Real Deal Steel, making ridiculous statements is one thing... But trying to back up those ridiculous statements with complete ignorance ("There was a reason a couple of years ago that Batch was chosen over Lefty.") is just making you sound foolish big guy.

Moondog
11-17-2012, 01:54 PM
Lefty will be fine, I think he may surprise us. The O-line has played a lot better this year, and with them I rest my hopes.

jnes1216
11-17-2012, 02:16 PM
I agree Lefty will be fine. I think Haley is the key here as well, as some have already stated. The game plan will change to suit Lefty I think, Haley is no dummy. He knows BL's feet are sun dial worthy. Expect a big emphasis on the run game and ole reliable Heath Miller. You guys make it sound like Brian St Pierre is starting. Lets have some faith and kick the raven's ***.

Root4Stlrs
11-17-2012, 03:49 PM
he came out stone cold, without a snap since training camp and did an ok job. with all the reps he took in practice, he will be fine.

I agree. Plus it was nasty weather. I love football weather - especially snow and don't usually mind rain. It was cold and wind was blowing the rain in your face though and very unpleasant. In front of the country on Monday night - I give him tremendous credit for his performance.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9930 using Tapatalk

tburg68
11-17-2012, 07:45 PM

Yeah there was a reason that Batch was chosen over Lefty in 2010. Lefty sprained his MCL in the pre-season finale and could not play. Up to that point, Lefty was the starter who was going to replace Ben during his suspension.

And you are completely sounding the retreat bugle again after being called out on a total lack of knowledge. You first stated that Lefty was the "worse (sic) backup in the league" but now have him merely in the same category as those on the list provided by tburg68. Comparing Lefty negatively to Kellen Clemons and the other dregs on that list is a joke.

Please tell us what backup QBs in this league you would rather have starting for us in the playoffs come January if Ben could not go for some reason.

The more I've thought about it the last few days, the better I feel about Leftwich. He's obviously not Ben, but with Haley as the coordinator, and the O line playing well for the most part, he should be ok. With some practice reps, and hopefully not the horrible weather like last week, I believe Byron can get the job done. Solid run game and short passes will be key.

Real Deal Steel, making ridiculous statements is one thing... But trying to back up those ridiculous statements with complete ignorance ("There was a reason a couple of years ago that Batch was chosen over Lefty.") is just making you sound foolish big guy.

I'm not even saying I'm in love with Leftwich, but clearly there are teams in a worse predicament. Batch isn't better than Leftwich. Wasn't Real Deal the one saying that Dwyer is better because the team is going to keep him and let Mendy go? The team has chosen Leftwich over Batch, doesn't that make him better??

Omicron
11-17-2012, 09:23 PM
I think Byron is gonna surprise people and have a good game. Lots of passes in the flat to Rashard, plus a couple strikes downfield.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 12:15 PM

Now how do you feel about Lefty??????????????

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 12:16 PM
I'm not even saying I'm in love with Leftwich, but clearly there are teams in a worse predicament. Batch isn't better than Leftwich. Wasn't Real Deal the one saying that Dwyer is better because the team is going to keep him and let Mendy go? The team has chosen Leftwich over Batch, doesn't that make him better??

Well, you got your answer in last nite's game against the Ravens huh?? Lefty is horrible. And I told you he was BEFORE the game took place. He is not better then Batch. He's a statue and it takes too long for Lefty to get the ball out of his hands. Batch is clearly better.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 12:17 PM
I agree Lefty will be fine. I think Haley is the key here as well, as some have already stated. The game plan will change to suit Lefty I think, Haley is no dummy. He knows BL's feet are sun dial worthy. Expect a big emphasis on the run game and ole reliable Heath Miller. You guys make it sound like Brian St Pierre is starting. Lets have some faith and kick the raven's ***.

How do you feel after that awful performance of Lefty now??

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 12:17 PM
Lefty will be fine, I think he may surprise us. The O-line has played a lot better this year, and with them I rest my hopes.

Lefty is a cornball.

Goodfrom55
11-19-2012, 01:33 PM
Lefty is not the reason why the Steelers lost. Not a great game, but not the reason Steelers lost. Defense played their butt off, special teams forgot to show up. Some would say Haley had a bad game, couple questionable calls, but overall, the dagger was the punt return. without that, Steelers win 10-6.

I do however, think Lefty was playing injured and that hindered him a little bit. Clean up special teams and the turnovers and bring the same effort to Cleveland, Steelers win no problem.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Lefty wasn't the reason? Bounced balls off the ground! Wide open receivers overthrown all nite! Okay...Lefty wasn't the reason we lost. :rolleyes:

Goodfrom55
11-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Lefty wasn't the reason? Bounced balls off the ground! Wide open receivers overthrown all nite! Okay...Lefty wasn't the reason we lost. :rolleyes:

No he wasn't. wasn't perfect, but he didn't lose the game for the Steelers; their coverage teams did. Not to mention the golden child (Wallace) with an oops fumble deep in their own territory (Elite WR's don't give it up so easily).

Lefty had broken ribs basically the entire game and gutted it out.

This game was lost on special teams.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 06:00 PM
Special Teams played a part in giving up that TD. But Leftshit couldn't do a dang thing other then bounce balls and overthrow recievers all nite. And he took a sack which took us out of field goal rang instead of just throwing it away.

But I forgot it takes him 15 minutes to throw anything. :rolleyes:

Goodfrom55
11-19-2012, 06:17 PM
Well, we don't have to worry about that next week because he is also out with ribs, so we're down to Batch. All I know as a team, they has better step it up in all phases to make sure we come out of Cleveland 7-4.

Clevelandsux
11-19-2012, 07:49 PM
answer, no.

Clevelandsux
11-19-2012, 07:56 PM
byron (aka gary coleman) leftwich i have no trust in.

Real Deal Steel
11-19-2012, 08:40 PM
With Lefty gone, that is addition by subtraction.

coldrolled
11-19-2012, 10:08 PM
I was wrong... he made 4 qtrs... No 5th qtrs in a row though....

TarlsQtr
11-20-2012, 09:14 AM
@ RealDealSteel

One drive when he was healthy, one touchdown. The man had broken ribs. It is like saying Ben sucks based on his game at SanFran last year.

Rhyno
11-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Leftwich definitely did not have a very good game. But he did not lose the game for the Steelers. He had no help from the coaches and was playing without a right tackle.

coldrolled
11-20-2012, 10:28 AM
Best part is it was his last game as a steeler.

jnes1216
11-20-2012, 01:36 PM
How do you feel after that awful performance of Lefty now??

Does it make you feel better to rub it in other Steeler fans' faces when the Steelers lose? If so, I'll try again. Let's go Batch! beat the effin browns!

Real Deal Steel
11-20-2012, 01:39 PM
No...it makes me feel the same way when you rubbed it in my face on how good Lefty was going to do. So I ask you,....did it make you feel good? Whatever it made you feel, that's the way I'm feeling now.

tburg68
11-20-2012, 03:03 PM
Two broken ribs had nothing to do with it.

Goodfrom55
11-20-2012, 05:08 PM
Two broken ribs had nothing to do with it.

Really? I hope you're being sarcastic and I'm just not catching it. The guy played a full football game with broken Ribs and a shoulder injury. Most of us couldn't wipe our own butts with broken ribs let alone play football. He did OK, yes he threw a pick, but wasn't helped with a fumble and some dropped passes. Cotchery hangs onto that ball going out of bounds, who knows what happens? I still maintain that punt coverage did us in, not Lefty.

Clevelandsux
11-20-2012, 06:28 PM
Lefty and the coaching did us in. Leftwich was hurt on that td run, but idiot tomlin kept him in there. Leftwich could not get the offense going, he missed throws. I'm sure his rib injury had alot to do with it. But I blame the loss on tomlin and the coaching.

lancer89074
11-20-2012, 09:46 PM
If injured and he was, why did Tomlin not take Leftwich out? Tomlin gets no criticism from the media to my knowledge for this huge mistake and this is not the first time this has happened. The high profile game against the Niners last year was another example of him making the decision to not make a decision concerning an injured qb.

Root4Stlrs
11-20-2012, 09:56 PM
I guess you've never taken care of someone with broken ribs so you have no idea how painful it is to even breathe. I am disgusted with the gloating over Byron's poor performance. Yes, he did not play well, that is true, but he gutted it out. Should he have been taken out? Probably so.

Goodfrom55
11-20-2012, 10:03 PM
Unless Lefty downplayed his injuries becuase he finally had a chance to play, that's the only reason I could think of that he wasn't taken out. That and with Batch going in, if lefty got no reps prior to Ben's injury, Batch probably had even less reps - if possible.

I don't know. Either way, I have shifted my focus to the Browns.

Real Deal Steel
11-21-2012, 11:50 AM
There is no doubt that Lefty downplayed his injury to the detriment of the team. He could bearly throw but he refused to take himself out the game. But....if Heath Miller was the alternative, maybe that would have sent the "white flag" message to the Ratbirds. So it's really a tough call.

But..the real culprit in this is Tomlin for not having three QB's active. He knows the physicality of these Ravens/Steelers games and he knows how the injury bug keeps haunting us. Batch should have been active.

TarlsQtr
11-21-2012, 01:11 PM
There is no doubt that Lefty downplayed his injury to the detriment of the team. He could bearly throw but he refused to take himself out the game.

No doubt? Really? You are a dolt.

Yes, there is a "doubt" unless Tomlin or Lefty were to come out and say he downplayed it. Even if he did, it was obvious the guy was hurt. He winced after almost every throw and grabbed his ribs. Implying that perhaps Tomlin did not know this but millions of viewers at home and everyone in the stadium did is absurd.

lancer89074
11-21-2012, 03:56 PM
Did the local Pittsburgh media ever give Tomlin any heat over not replacing Leftwich? He seems to get a free ride from Mike and Mike. Tomlin needs to have his butt pulled near the flame IMO on this one at least. Before the media, he told them that he thought Leftwich did 'great'. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm... how does he get away with that kind of buggering the truth?????? Why is he not held accountable???

Real Deal Steel
11-21-2012, 05:10 PM
No doubt? Really? You are a dolt.

Yes, there is a "doubt" unless Tomlin or Lefty were to come out and say he downplayed it. Even if he did, it was obvious the guy was hurt. He winced after almost every throw and grabbed his ribs. Implying that perhaps Tomlin did not know this but millions of viewers at home and everyone in the stadium did is absurd.

No son.......your an idiot.

Lefty couldn't even throw the ball down the field on the final hail mary attempt. Lefty KNEW he couldn't. But again..if Miller was the only alternative then I can kinda see why maybe he didn't want to leave the game. But..he should of never been the starter anyway. Batch should of been the starter. So we move on.

So shut up turd breath.

Big T
11-21-2012, 05:17 PM
There is no doubt that Lefty downplayed his injury to the detriment of the team. He could bearly throw but he refused to take himself out the game. But....if Heath Miller was the alternative, maybe that would have sent the "white flag" message to the Ratbirds. So it's really a tough call.

But..the real culprit in this is Tomlin for not having three QB's active. He knows the physicality of these Ravens/Steelers games and he knows how the injury bug keeps haunting us. Batch should have been active.

Batch was active...

Real Deal Steel
11-21-2012, 06:25 PM
Well, that leads to further condemnation on Tomlin then. Batch should have been in there after we all saw Lefty struggling with pain. Lefty couldn't even heave the ball on the final hail mary. Gzzz.

TarlsQtr
11-21-2012, 06:28 PM
No son.......your an idiot.

Lefty couldn't even throw the ball down the field on the final hail mary attempt. Lefty KNEW he couldn't. But again..if Miller was the only alternative then I can kinda see why maybe he didn't want to leave the game. But..he should of never been the starter anyway. Batch should of been the starter. So we move on.

So shut up turd breath.

LOL The coach is completely responsible for who is on the field. Your entire theory is based on the absurd premise that only Lefty knew the extent of his injuries and not Tomlin, even though everyone in the stadium and on TV could tell he was hurt.

And the "Batch should of been the starter" stuff is pure blarney. You have stated-and others have pointed out your statements-that the coaches and front office will prove that Dwyer is the better back because they will pay him and not Mendy. Why does your "logic" not extend to this? It is obvious that the FO feels Lefty is the better QB, so he must be, correct?

Every single person watching the game knew Lefty was really hurting by halftime, yet you want to blame him for hiding his injury from Tomlin even though there is absolutely no evidence he did so. Too funny.

TarlsQtr
11-21-2012, 06:31 PM
Batch was active...

Yeah, it would help if he actually watched the game. They showed Batch on two different occasions warming up in full pads.

Real Deal Steel
11-22-2012, 03:06 AM
Tarlsqtr..your an ***.

Lefty knew the extent of his injury to the point of weather he could perform or not. Lefty knew. Obviously he wanted to stay out there and play. To the detriment of the team. It is up to Tomlin to determine his capabilities, inspite of what Lefty says so he can make the best decision for the team in regard to the outcome of the game.

As for the Dwyer/Mendy situation, if the front office thinks that Mendy is so good, then they'll feel he's worth it and they'll pay him. But like I've been saying for over a year, Dwyer would prove he was better then Mendy, and that's why Mendy will be allowed to walk. And you lame excuse of " they can't afford him because he's better" is bull. The truth is that they will let him go because HE ISN'T the superior player at the runningback position. Because Mendy wouldn't cost THAT much to retain.

Clevelandsux
11-22-2012, 03:52 AM
i trust batch. he will get the job done.

coldrolled
11-22-2012, 08:38 AM
Sign Kafca release Lefty

LatrobePA
11-22-2012, 10:18 AM
Sign Kafca release Lefty

Please, I'm over Leftwich...

ChucktownSteeler
11-22-2012, 10:45 AM
Lefty may be on his way out.

TarlsQtr
11-22-2012, 11:51 AM
Tarlsqtr..your an ***.

Lefty knew the extent of his injury to the point of weather he could perform or not. Lefty knew. Obviously he wanted to stay out there and play. To the detriment of the team. It is up to Tomlin to determine his capabilities, inspite of what Lefty says so he can make the best decision for the team in regard to the outcome of the game.

Thanks for finally admitting you were wrong and agreeing with me. What you originally said:
There is no doubt that Lefty downplayed his injury to the detriment of the team.

The obvious implication is that Lefty did not share the extent of his injury with Tomlin and it is Lefty's fault he was left in the game, in spite of the overwhelming visual evidence that he was not right. You NOW agree with me that it is Tomlin's responsibility, sounding the bugle retreat, as you are wont to do, when superior evidence overcomes your ridiculous assertions.