PDA

View Full Version : Ratbirds vs Steelers predictions

scudmissile29
11-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Sorry Guys have to go against my heart in this one.

Ratbirds take it 31-10.

It would be nice for someone like Leftwich to take control and win us the game, but don't see it happening.

It's sad that Ben got injured just before the Rats, it's most likely given them home field advantage, and possibly another one way ticket to the AFC championship game.

Big T
11-14-2012, 12:53 PM
Hard to argue with that.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-14-2012, 01:06 PM

Ratbirds take it 31-10.

It would be nice for someone like Leftwich to take control and win us the game, but don't see it happening.

It's sad that Ben got injured just before the Rats, it's most likely given them home field advantage, and possibly another one way ticket to the AFC championship game.

No doubt the Ravens are the favorites to win this game with Ben out but I do think it will be closer since the game is in Pittsburgh.....The Ravens are really banged up on defense and the Ravens have struggled on the road all season......So those are my only hopes for this game.....

Real Deal Steel
11-14-2012, 01:11 PM
All it takes is a Flacco injury to even things up.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-14-2012, 01:14 PM

How about a Ray Rice injury?.........

scudmissile29
11-14-2012, 01:23 PM
How about a Ray Rice injury?.........

how about both lololol

coldrolled
11-14-2012, 01:29 PM
How about a repeat of last year... minus 4

35 - 3

steelchamp204
11-14-2012, 01:31 PM
If Ray Rice runs on us like Charles did and Flacco plays well. Steelers lose 36-13.

If Leftwhich plays well without turnover and we control the clock. Steelers lose 24-14

Black@Gold Forever32
11-14-2012, 01:35 PM
I have a strange feeling the team will actually rise to the occasion and pull out a strange win.........Steelers 20 Ravens 17

Rainey runs back a punt a late to win the game..........Timmons has a pick six.........Suisham provides the over 8 points.......Maybe I'm just wishful thinking but that is my prediction and I'm sticking to it....lol

steelchamp204
11-14-2012, 01:38 PM
I have a strange feeling the team will actually rise to the occasion and pull out a strange win.........Steelers 20 Ravens 17

Rainey runs back a punt a late to win the game..........Timmons has a pick six.........Suisham provides the over 8 points.......Maybe I'm just wishful thinking but that is my prediction and I'm sticking to it....lol

I feel ya, no homo. I think they can win the game, I just have a feeling Flacco will magically pull a game out of his *** and play Brady/Manning like. The defense needs to get pressure. Since our corners have been playing well, Play man to man and blitz the ****ing **** out of Flacco. They need to be aggressive and force turnovers in Baltimore territory.

scudmissile29
11-14-2012, 01:40 PM
I think the Ratbirds will go to the Super Bowl but will lose, that will be nice to see.

steelersbabex25
11-14-2012, 01:43 PM
If the Steelers have one saving grace in this game it is their ability to control the clock as we've seen them do thus far. The Ratbirds defense is on the decline too and it won't take much to tire them out if we can keep the ball and offense and not allow a lot of long drives on defense.

KSSteelerfan
11-14-2012, 01:54 PM
Ratbirds lose 10-3.

papabaier
11-14-2012, 02:38 PM
If we can control TOP, win the turnover batle, and Dwyer and Redman run like the 3 previous weeks to the Chiefs game, Steelers can and will win by 20 - 17

Goodfrom55
11-14-2012, 02:43 PM

That's it, Suit up T'amu and tell him to take out Flacco

Seriously, it might be worth the fine and the penalty if they can knock him out of the game.

steelersbabex25
11-14-2012, 02:49 PM
Please. Choke-o is the least of my worries.

Raleigh Steel
11-14-2012, 03:08 PM
the o-line needs to come to work, and the d-line needs to bring their big boy pants in this game.

don't sleep on flacco. i know there isn't a lot of respect for him, but he's twice beat us on last second TD passes in our house.

the steelers can win this game, but it's gonna be really hard without ben. we need to play the perfect game to pull it off.

i don't see it happening. we'll keep it close, but come up short.

steelers 13
rats 16

hope i'm wrong!

steelchamp204
11-14-2012, 03:17 PM
Start Dwyer please, not Redman.

chisteeler
11-14-2012, 04:12 PM
I tend not to post on the predict score threads for superstitious reasons (I'm sure we all have some weird ritual we do), but in light of the circumstances for this match up on Sunday, I will predict a win by the Steelers in a nail biter 14-13.
Wallace scores a TD on a home run ball and Redman scores a TD on a check down pass inside the 20.

elephantman
11-14-2012, 04:17 PM

Ratbirds take it 31-10.

^ Ratbirds will not score 31 points! possibly if Ryan Clarke doesent play....I see it more like 17-9

BlitzburghRockCity
11-14-2012, 05:37 PM
This will be a total team effort, taking everyone doing their part and not making any big mistake...especially late in the game. Any gift turnover on our end of the field and we're in trouble.

The defense will need a couple splash plays and the offense absolutely must run the ball.

Remember, nobody gave us a chance in New York a couple weeks ago and everyone will be taking the Ratbirds in this one.

Somehow we find a way to win a close one, just got that feeling: Steelers 23 Ratbirds 16

steelersbabex25
11-14-2012, 05:38 PM
I tend not to post on the predict score threads for superstitious reasons (I'm sure we all have some weird ritual we do), but in light of the circumstances for this match up on Sunday, I will predict a win by the Steelers in a nail biter 14-13.
Wallace scores a TD on a home run ball and Redman scores a TD on a check down pass inside the 20.

A home run ball? Kind of hard to catch one of those when Lefty can't get any air under the ball ever.

SuperSteelers
11-15-2012, 02:20 AM
Ravens 31-13

SnakeEyes43
11-15-2012, 09:15 AM
If the Steelers have one saving grace in this game it is their ability to control the clock as we've seen them do thus far.

Ben is the only reason we control the clock the way we do. He has been money on third downs, keeping the chains moving.

And I hate to say it, but I don't see the Steelers beating the Ravens either game w/out Ben. If we get the run game going, there's a chance. But how often have things gone our way this year? We can't rely on Lefty to win this game for us, simple as that.

chisteeler
11-15-2012, 09:31 AM
A home run ball? Kind of hard to catch one of those when Lefty can't get any air under the ball ever.

That's why it's called a prediction babe.

Real Deal Steel
11-15-2012, 11:03 AM
This will be a total team effort, taking everyone doing their part and not making any big mistake...especially late in the game. Any gift turnover on our end of the field and we're in trouble.

The defense will need a couple splash plays and the offense absolutely must run the ball.

Remember, nobody gave us a chance in New York a couple weeks ago and everyone will be taking the Ratbirds in this one.

Somehow we find a way to win a close one, just got that feeling: Steelers 23 Ratbirds 16

I wish I could feel the way you feel Blitz. I just don't see how we get more then one TD in this game. We need the pass rush in this game more then any other. We need to make Flakko throw us some picks.

We neeeeeeed to win the field position battle too. For the entire game!!! Basically, the team has to play the best "team" game of the season. All phases of the team must show up for us POSSIBLY to squeak out a victory. Anything less, and it's a loss.

Goodfrom55
11-15-2012, 05:05 PM
Steelers "steal" one from the Ravens with a pick 6, do enough to get the job done.

Steelers 16
Rats 14

coldrolled
11-15-2012, 05:22 PM
Blitz. I just don't see how we get more then one TD in this game. We need the pass rush in this game more then any other.

You said it... Blitz.... all out blitzes... CB MLB OLB S mix em up and come at flacco every play...

If he gets an easy TD good. Better than our defense on the field all day.

Blitz Blitz Blitz Man to Man press coverage... Make Flacco earn his pay...

Maybe we could win.. 12-10

Clevelandsux
11-15-2012, 07:20 PM
i think the steelers rally behind leftwich and defense and beat the ravens 21-20.

LevonKirkland99
11-15-2012, 07:52 PM
I cant take all this doom and gloom here. I guess you are predicting for the ravens to plant the Flag at Heinz field?

I am not optimistic either, but ...Steelers 23 - Ratbirds 17

Chin up steeler fans, wow

LatrobePA
11-15-2012, 07:58 PM
Ben was leading the league in 3rd down conversions. Lefty won't fair as well. If our d can rally and create some turnovers and Haley earns his $ we can win this mother fn game!

LevonKirkland99
11-15-2012, 08:36 PM
Ben was leading the league in 3rd down conversions. Lefty won't fair as well. If our d can rally and create some turnovers and Haley earns his $ we can win this mother fn game!

Everyone should earn their $ this Sunday night. I think the pressure is on Tomlin, he need to coach well and moe any stupid mistakes.

BLACKandGOLD
11-16-2012, 11:31 AM
The Ravens should win this game on paper but I honestly think this team will surprise a lot of people. The Ravens have proven that teams can run on them this year. With a trio of running backs, I think the Steelers just run the ball all over the Ravens and take a few shots with Leftwich down the field to mix things up. Flacco and the Raven's offense has struggled on the road this season so I say they turn the ball over 1 or maybe 2 times and that could be the difference. Steelers pull it out somehow without Ben at home...that's my gut feeling

Ravens 13
Steelers 16

elephantman
11-16-2012, 12:41 PM
If we can control TOP, win the turnover batle, and Dwyer and Redman run like the 3 previous weeks to the Chiefs game, Steelers can and will win by 20 - 17

Win TOP?? Ben is over 50% in 3rd Down conversions and so we have controlled TOP, but with lefty?? How we gonna do that..? not a chance...but I see a lot of punting on both sides of ball

UKSTEELER
11-16-2012, 01:25 PM
Ravens 24 Steelers 17

papabaier
11-16-2012, 02:45 PM
Win TOP?? Ben is over 50% in 3rd Down conversions and so we have controlled TOP, but with lefty?? How we gonna do that..? not a chance...but I see a lot of punting on both sides of ball

By running the ball effectively and timelt passing from Lefty. maybe a couple key stops from the dee or turnovers.

steelers4life66
11-17-2012, 11:44 AM
We're gonna get our a$$ kicked. :crutches:

steelerjames
11-17-2012, 12:00 PM
the #1
defense will stop the ratbirds
steelers 17-3 go steelers

Moondog
11-17-2012, 01:39 PM
The crowd, the opponent, and the loss of Ben, will sharpen the Steelers to a razor sharp edge. I know I'm going way out on a limb here, but I predict a Steeler victory by eight points, 28-20.

Troyisabeast_43
11-17-2012, 02:54 PM
I can see anything overtime victory or possibly another late last second win. I think with all 3 running backs healthy for the Steelers in this game and seeing how the Ravens have struggled a great deal to stop the run I think that will end up being the difference in this game along with Leftwich surprising a lot of people and playing fairly well. I think it's going to be a hard close game but I like the Steelers 26-23...

Steelers/PSU Fan
11-17-2012, 06:35 PM
Got to take off my black and gold glasses for a few seconds.......no way we win this game without Ben, Leftwich will have at least 2 fumbles/interceptions and I predict our defense is going to revert back to Raiders/Titans type of game play. I'm wondering how many huge passing interference penalties Ike is going to rack up Sunday night......ughhhh

Ravens 28
Steelers 17

Ravenous Rex
11-17-2012, 08:25 PM
I cant take all this doom and gloom here. I guess you are predicting for the ravens to plant the Flag at Heinz field?

I am not optimistic either, but ...Steelers 23 - Ratbirds 17

Chin up steeler fans, wow

I'm amazed at all the pessimism on here. I get it, but man. This is Steelers Ravens. Last year doesn't mean anything. This year both teams have major injuries as issues, but even without Ben, this is gonna come down to who wins it in the 4th quarter. Ravens aren't running away with anything, especially on your field. I'd be majorly surprised if that happened. If anything, the added hype and adrenaline that hits the rest of the team, knowing they have to step up in Bens absence, has me worried. We have not stopped the run well AT ALL. last week ngata gt a week off, so hopefully he's recovered, but still. War if attrition. Gonna be a battle.

Omicron
11-17-2012, 09:21 PM
Steelers 12, Rotwings 6. All FG battle.

sdurity
11-18-2012, 12:11 AM
I'll say Steelers 23 Ravens 10. The Ravens look lost on the road. Leftwich passes the Steelers into the lead, and the running game (and defense) takes over after that. Flacco has the "lost boy" face by the third quarter...

BlacknGoldHaze
11-18-2012, 12:47 AM
Rats 13-9

TarlsQtr
11-18-2012, 10:12 AM
Flacco has the "lost boy" face by the third quarter...

And Lefty has the "Wachoo talkin 'bout, Willis" face by the opening kickoff. Then again, he always has that face. ;-)

Steelers 24, Ratbirds 17 with a very efficient but unspectacular Lefty performance.