PDA

View Full Version : This game Sunday is going to come down to how well Flacco plays...

Troyisabeast_43
11-13-2012, 08:33 PM
I truly believe this right here will be the deciding factor in this game. Which Joe Flacco is going to show up for the Ravens Sunday night?? Is it going to be the Flacco that has played extremely well in Pittsburgh the last 2 regular season games where he has lead them to 2 last second wins in the final seconds,or is it going to be the Joe Flacco that has been terrible on the road this season and the Flacco we have seen choke under pressure numerous times against the Steelers mainly in the playoffs. I think he is the big big ex-factor in this game. If Flacco is on in this game and he plays like he does when the Ravens are at home I think the Ravens chances of winning are really really good. If he shits the bed and he continues to suck on the road like he has done pretty much all season the Ravens wont win no matter if Ben plays or not it's really that simple.

Now let's not fool ourselves here either Byron Leftwich who most likely is going to start in this game is going to have to play well for the Steelers to win and make some plays and not turn the ball over and make key mistakes. This Ravens defense and especially their secondary without Webb can give up a lot of big plays down the field and the Steelers I think even with Leftwich who does like to throw the ball deep need to take their shots down the field in this game and still throw the ball a lot. Leftwich is going to have to be on top of his game Sunday night and put some points on the board. The Ravens defense is not very good and the opportunities to make plays in the passing and running game are going to be there.

I would love to see the Steelers come out in this game and jump on the Ravens right away and take Ray Rice out of this game and make Flacco throw the ball on virtually every down. The key in this game though once again I truly believe will be how well Joe Flacco plays and which Joe Flacco is ultimately going to show up for the Ravens. If good Flacco shows up the Ravens chances are damn good, if bad Flacco shows up the Ravens chances are not very good it pretty much all comes down to that right there...

LevonKirkland99
11-13-2012, 09:01 PM
I can assure you the Ravens would like to start fast in this game. Ray rice is going to be huge for themnin this game. I really think if we can stop Flacco from making throws to Torrey Smith and Pitts, we have a chance. Out defense needs to rattle his cage and pressure him...

Speeed
11-13-2012, 09:03 PM
I say if we lose, we lose blitzing and slinging the football. Don't stand around and see what they will do. I say to lose by 35 playing all out is better than losing by 7 playing like pansies.

steelchamp204
11-14-2012, 12:26 AM
Ray Rice will run all over Hoods side just like Charles did.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-14-2012, 08:50 AM
They are definitely going to try to get Rice going early and take control from the beginning. I agree that much of this game will come down to Flacco but the Steelers will focus on Rice and stopping the run first. If they don't make the Ravens one dimensional it's going to be a long night.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

coldrolled
11-14-2012, 09:41 AM
I say if we lose, we lose blitzing and slinging the football. Don't stand around and see what they will do. I say to lose by 35 playing all out is better than losing by 7 playing like pansies.

11 standing on the line ... Flacco will freak..

coldrolled
11-14-2012, 10:09 AM

Is that Hoods side?? Or is that Foote's side??

Nolrog
11-14-2012, 11:06 AM
How well Lefty plays will be just as big of a factor as Flacco, if not bigger.

scudmissile29
11-14-2012, 11:42 AM
lol no it's not.

If Ben doesn't play no way do we win this game, sorry folks not happening.

Real Deal Steel
11-14-2012, 12:10 PM
Here's how to win this game:

1. We have to come out playing with urgency. When was the last time you saw this team play with some real urgency?

2. We have to stop the run and make Flacco have to carry the offense.

3. We have to put pressure on Flacco and make him move around and not just stand there going thru his progressions. If we can get that push up the middle of the pocket, we can make Flacco move around and show the cornball he really is and throw his interception to the safety like he normally does.

4. We need to have one trick play in this game at the appropriate time. Again, we need to do this because we neeeeeeed this win in a big way. And if this play is done at the opportune time, it could win the game.

These are the 4 things we need to do to pull this one out.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-14-2012, 12:13 PM

1. We have to come out playing with urgency. When was the last time you saw this team play with some real urgency?

3. We have to put pressure on Flacco and make him move around and not just stand there going thru his progressions. If we can get that push up the middle of the pocket, we can make Flacco move around and show the cornball he really is and throw his interception to the safety like he normally does.

4. We need to have one trick play in this game at the appropriate time. Again, we need to do this because we neeeeeeed this win in a big way. And if this play is done at the opportune time, it could win the game.

Agree on all 4 points......I would also say field position is going to be real important in this game....Special teams must give Lefty a short field to work with or finally have a TD return not called back due to penalty........

Make Flaccid beat you is the most important like you mentioned....If Ray Rice goes ape **** then the Steelers will have no chance......

coldrolled
11-14-2012, 12:27 PM
Ravens did this??

ravens resigned Dixon so the steelers couldnt pick him up for sunday's game.

Goodfrom55
11-14-2012, 01:40 PM
If I am Dick LeBeau, I am preparing not for a heavy dose of Ray Rice, but a heavy dose of no huddle. To this point, the Steelers have not been able to stop it. Dealing with Jamaal Charles last game was a great tune up to deal witgh Rice and his cutback runs. In order to stop Rice, the Steelers MUST stay home on the backside and take away Rice's cutback lanes.

If Flacco is on, this could be a tough afternoon.

Troyisabeast_43
11-14-2012, 07:05 PM
Ravens did this??

ravens resigned Dixon so the steelers couldnt pick him up for sunday's game.John Harbaugh today at his conference call had a fit when asked if the Ravens indeed did sign Dixon just so the Steelers couldnt pick him up. What a little bitch Harbaugh is does he ever not **** and moan about something...

scudmissile29
11-14-2012, 07:16 PM
we just need flacco to turn the ball over.

If the rats have 3 turnovers or more and we have 0, we could come away with the win.

SteelerCountry58
11-14-2012, 08:33 PM
How bout we crush Focko and put him on the shelf for a few weeks.
Even it up a bit huh? But then again they have Tyrod Taylor who is
a decent backup and would run all over us. Maybe it's best Focko just
plays like **** and we steal one here at home.:yesnod::cope:

Speeed
11-14-2012, 08:39 PM
Of course he did. And then he gets all pissed off when asked. I always say he is a dirty, underhanded, sneak who will cheat, steal, bitch, and cry his way to win a game. Friggin' meathead.

Ravens did this??

ravens resigned Dixon so the steelers couldnt pick him up for sunday's game.

LevonKirkland99
11-14-2012, 09:04 PM
Of course he did. And then he gets all pissed off when asked. I always say he is a dirty, underhanded, sneak who will cheat, steal, bitch, and cry his way to win a game. Friggin' meathead.

He really did this? I didn't hear anything from their sports station this week.....what a looser of a coach. That is so classless...They built their tram to compete and beat the Steelers, yet they get crushed in the playoffs.

SuperSteelers
11-15-2012, 01:05 AM

I wish I had Ray Rice on my fantasy team this week.

SuperSteelers
11-15-2012, 01:10 AM

1. Not going to happen. Hasn't happened since???????????
2. Possible. I'm in the air on this one. K.C. looked decent all game running the ball.
3. Not going to happen. Hasn't happened at all this season.
4. Possible.

Real Deal Steel
11-15-2012, 10:06 AM
John Harbaugh today at his conference call had a fit when asked if the Ravens indeed did sign Dixon just so the Steelers couldnt pick him up. What a little bitch Harbaugh is does he ever not **** and moan about something...

I so despise the Harbaugh boys.

connecticutsteel
11-16-2012, 03:45 AM
lol no it's not.

why can't we win the ****** ravens are 27th in the league on defense we are #1 so it's about our defense not there offense if we can score 21 points we win because smith is out ngata is hurting yanda is out osemele is slow oher is over rated ray is retired suggs won't be suggs until next year clearly he came back too soon he has no explosion and upshaw is as fat as ziggy hood they haven't really played anyone one good
bengals
eagles
pats
browns
cheifs
cowboys
texans
browns
raiders
ok the texans are good and they had no business winning the cowboy game if the cowboys had a decent coach they would be scary good
the browns twice give me a break yes we lost to the raiders but the refs bailed them out
if we can manage rice and keep smith from pushing off in the end zone coupled with some pass pro and a decent game from mendy and dwyer we could win easy

connecticutsteel
11-16-2012, 07:52 AM
I so despise the Harbaugh boys.

the problem with this is he is on the practice squad so we can sign him

tburg68
11-16-2012, 11:14 AM
lol no it's not.

If the rats have 3 turnovers or more and we have 0, we could come away with the win.

Which is it?

Speeed
11-16-2012, 11:25 AM
Yes he did. And he got pissed when asked about it. Made some snarky remark. I said at the beginning of the season that he would do something to get any ounce of advantage. I hate that guy. Living near Baltimore makes it worse. The fans think he is a classy guy. I don't get it. It is obvious to anybody who watches him and listens to him for any length of time he is a$$hole on every level.

He really did this? I didn't hear anything from their sports station this week.....what a looser of a coach. That is so classless...They built their tram to compete and beat the Steelers, yet they get crushed in the playoffs.

Ibleedblk&gld
11-16-2012, 09:03 PM
I about **** myself when I heard Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith both picked the steelers in this game

HUNT4SEVEN
11-16-2012, 10:02 PM
As long as we are not defeated by the zone blocking ,and we get pressure on that wack QB ( which we will ) and make there receivers pay when they catch the ball we will win, Lefty will be much better this week, we owe them, so this is our statement game! we blow the rats out 41-7...

Root4Stlrs
11-16-2012, 10:42 PM
I about **** myself when I heard Skip Bayless and Stephen A Smith both picked the steelers in this game Skip Bayless said Steelers are "mentally toughest" team in the league and Stephen A has a man crush on Mike Tomlin. Skip Bayless refers to Stephen A as the "resident Steeler fan." And they aren't the only ones to pick the Steelers - it's hard for me to believe all the talking heads who say the Steelers can win. I'm hoping but just not sure I can buy into it. They have to come out with a different attitude than on Monday night. Sometimes they do better when they get that "backed into a corner" mentality and come out fighting.

LevonKirkland99
11-16-2012, 11:51 PM
This game is going to be all about how we stop Ray Rice in the middle. So Timmons is going to be key in this game to stopping RR. Flaccid is not the best player on that offense, RR is.

TarlsQtr
11-17-2012, 01:18 AM

You said a few hours before that there was no way the Steelers win without Ben. Jeesh.

Real Deal Steel
11-17-2012, 08:47 AM
As long as we are not defeated by the zone blocking ,and we get pressure on that wack QB ( which we will ) and make there receivers pay when they catch the ball we will win, Lefty will be much better this week, we owe them, so this is our statement game! we blow the rats out 41-7...

I hope like Hell your right. I reeeeaaally want to win this game. Do you know what we would do to the mentality of the Ravens if we were to beat them without Ben???

Big T
11-17-2012, 10:33 AM
I hope like Hell your right. I reeeeaaally want to win this game. Do you know what we would do to the mentality of the Ravens if we were to beat them without Ben???

No kidding. The excuses would be fun to hear. If it happens, I hope they use injuries as an excuse lol.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-17-2012, 11:20 AM
No kidding. The excuses would be fun to hear. If it happens, I hope they use injuries as an excuse lol.

Suggs might sack his own QB.....lol

steelers4life66
11-17-2012, 11:48 AM
How bout we crush Focko and put him on the shelf for a few weeks.
Even it up a bit huh? But then again they have Tyrod Taylor who is
a decent backup and would run all over us. Maybe it's best Focko just
plays like **** and we steal one here at home.:yesnod::cope:

:club:How bout we take'm both out. :reddevil:

Moondog
11-17-2012, 11:54 AM
The rats are going to attack early and often, I wouldnt be surprised to see a lot of no huddle as someone else had mentioned. The Steelers should stick to controlling the ball, something they've been good at this year and if the Ravens sell out to stop the run, Lefty must be able to make them pay, and I think he will. The weakness of the rat's defense encourages me but the strength of the rat's offense has me a little uneasy. Fucco, as much as I can't stand him, has been playing the Steelers well recently. Man, I wish Woodley and Harrison would wake up, but I've seen no indication that they willl suddenly come alive and pressure consistently. I do think the Steelers will be ready though, sometimes when a major player goes down, the team will rally around that and bring their play up to a higher level. They will play disciplined, inspired football and the weather will be decent, so the fans should really be bringing the emotional intensity to the forefront. I'm cautiously optimistic.

steelers4life66
11-17-2012, 11:56 AM
This game is going to be all about how we stop Ray Rice in the middle. So Timmons is going to be key in this game to stopping RR. Flaccid is not the best player on that offense, RR is.

Timmons was a beast Monday. :beer2: Heres to a repeat.

steelers4life66
11-17-2012, 11:58 AM
Sure wish AB was playing.

jnes1216
11-17-2012, 01:29 PM
The title of this thread is a key here. The Steelers defense needs to dictate this game by finally getting some pressure on the qb and making him adjust. Not us adjust to them. Definitely pay a whole lot of attention to Rice but LeBeau should have a pep talk with the OLBers and remind them what a factor they can be, hit this jackwad at every opportunity.

Big T
11-17-2012, 03:27 PM
The rats are going to attack early and often, I wouldnt be surprised to see a lot of no huddle as someone else had mentioned. The Steelers should stick to controlling the ball, something they've been good at this year and if the Ravens sell out to stop the run, Lefty must be able to make them pay, and I think he will. The weakness of the rat's defense encourages me but the strength of the rat's offense has me a little uneasy. Fucco, as much as I can't stand him, has been playing the Steelers well recently. Man, I wish Woodley and Harrison would wake up, but I've seen no indication that they willl suddenly come alive and pressure consistently. I do think the Steelers will be ready though, sometimes when a major player goes down, the team will rally around that and bring their play up to a higher level. They will play disciplined, inspired football and the weather will be decent, so the fans should really be bringing the emotional intensity to the forefront. I'm cautiously optimistic.

James Harrison doesn't look the same, but Woodley has been great rushing the passer. Sure his sacks are down, but he's been putting pressure on opposing QBs.

This might help:
https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2012/11/14/signature-stat-snapshot-pass-rushing-productivity/

Rated 6th in the NFL at pass rushing productivity.

LevonKirkland99
11-17-2012, 05:41 PM
I hope Woodley has a good game too...Not sure about harrison, looks like he is not @ 100% at this point. I'll be happy if Woodley and Timmons play well though.

tburg68
11-17-2012, 06:50 PM

These