PDA

View Full Version : Please God, make Ben/Charlie well!

Stone
11-13-2012, 07:20 AM
Wow, I don't remember Leftwich throwing such an uncatchable ball several years ago? He throws a bullet that allows the receiver zero time to adjust which means that if the pass isn't pinpoint accurate, it is impossible to catch.

What is Charlie's status?

LevonKirkland99
11-13-2012, 07:41 AM
Leftwich sucks...Batch is on injured reserve?

SnakeEyes43
11-13-2012, 09:18 AM
Is Batch hurt? I figured they just didn't want to dress the extra QB. Where is Troy Smith?

TEEMONT
11-13-2012, 09:44 AM
Batch is healthy, they just dont activate him as the 3rd QB on gameday....

TEEMONT
11-13-2012, 09:47 AM
From http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/roethlisbergers-shoulder-injured-early-in-2nd-half-661879/

Inactive playersThe Steelers had the following players inactive: Charlie Batch, DeMarcus Van Dyke, Rashard Mendenhall, Troy Polamalu, Sylvester Stevenson, Marcus Gilbert and Antonio Brown.

As a result Mike Adams started at right tackle (in place of Gilbert), Redman started at running back, Emmanuel Sanders started at wide receiver and Will Allen started at safety.

The Chiefs inactive players were Brady Quinn, Steve Breaston, Tysyn Hartman, Cyrus Gray, Bryan Kehl, Bryan Mattison and Jerrell Powe.

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 09:48 AM
If Batch plays against the Ravens twice in three weeks he may shatter into a million pieces.

elephantman
11-13-2012, 09:53 AM
Wow, I don't remember Leftwich throwing such an uncatchable ball several years ago? He throws a bullet that allows the receiver zero time to adjust which means that if the pass isn't pinpoint accurate, it is impossible to catch.

What is Charlie's status?

nfl network , after game "Byron, will you be ready for Ravens next week if Ben can't play"
Byron " Ya, um ....I think so"

I prefer Batch out their though dont like either

TarlsQtr
11-13-2012, 10:29 AM
As I said on another thread, we are being too tough on Lefty. The guy has not played in years, got no snaps with the first team this week, and played in miserable conditions. His numbers were comparable to Ben's and he had a huge third down throw to Cotch. Both he and Batch are very capable backups.

That said, I hope we do not have to use either in the coming weeks.

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 10:30 AM
As I said on another thread, we are being too tough on Lefty. The guy has not played in years, got no snaps with the first team this week, and played in miserable conditions. His numbers were comparable to Ben's and he had a huge third down throw to Cotch. Both he and Batch are very capable backups.

Nobody is being too tough on Lefty. He just isn't very good.

TarlsQtr
11-13-2012, 10:48 AM

I believe the guy has a winning record as a starting QB in the league. You are not going to get Brady as a backup in this league. An overwhelming majority of teams have as a backup A) an old guy with much worse career stats than Lefty or B) a young kid who may have a brighter future than Lefty but is going to be a turnover machine if thrown into a high stakes game like next week. No one wants to go into a game against the Ratbirds with a backup but I would take ours over most teams' any day. In a hypothetical battle of backups next week, would you prefer Lefty/Batch or Tyrod Taylor?

Real Deal Steel
11-13-2012, 10:50 AM

Your exactly right. It takes 15 minutes for the guy to throw a pass with that throwing motion he has. I'd rather go with Batch.

coldrolled
11-13-2012, 11:03 AM
Wheres Vince Young when you need him... Wake n Bake or something.

TarlsQtr
11-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Your exactly right. It takes 15 minutes for the guy to throw a pass with that throwing motion he has. I'd rather go with Batch.

Yeah, I would much rather have Graham Harrell (Rodgers' backup), Chase Daniel (Brees' backup), Tyrod Taylor (Flacco's backup), Brady Quinn (Cassell's backup), Colin Kaepernick (Smith's backup), David Carr (Eli's backup), Tim Tebow (Sanchez's backup), Brock Osweiler (Peyton's backup), Derek Anderson (Newton's backup), etc than a man with a 24-20 record as a starting QB for the Jags against the Ravens next week.

The guy has experience and has won in the past. That is more than you can ask for in a backup QB in this league. OF COURSE there are holes in his game. That is why he is a backup.

TarlsQtr
11-13-2012, 11:14 AM
Wheres Vince Young when you need him... Wake n Bake or something.

Vince Young? He must still be playing for the "Dream Team", right? ;-)

Stone
11-13-2012, 11:37 AM

I'm not comparing his stats or even effectiveness, I just noticed last night that his passes are like trying to catch a 30-06 bullet.

SnakeEyes43
11-13-2012, 11:42 AM
Lefty will be servicable with another week of practice. No one in the NFL can replace Ben, let alone some guy we pick up this week. We need to worry about establishing the run game vs the Rats! The rest will fall into place.

TarlsQtr
11-13-2012, 11:46 AM
I'm not comparing his stats or even effectiveness, I just noticed last night that his passes are like trying to catch a 30-06 bullet.

I agree that he did seem a little hyped up when he came in. The guy definitely has a bullet.

TarlsQtr
11-13-2012, 11:47 AM
Lefty will be servicable with another week of practice. No one in the NFL can replace Ben, let alone some guy we pick up this week. We need to worry about establishing the run game vs the Rats! The rest will fall into place.

Perfectly said...

Big T
11-13-2012, 11:48 AM
All I know is if the ravens can't beat this team without Ben, they've got some serious issues.

I'm not optimistic at all that we can beat the rats without Ben.

TarlsQtr
11-13-2012, 11:58 AM
It obviously makes it much more difficult but we almost beat them with a backup when Ben was suspended and their defense is weaker now. With Ben, I would have said we were a 66%-33% favorite. Now, I would say 50-50 or maybe a slight Ratbird edge. Either way, this game can still be won.

Crowned
11-13-2012, 12:11 PM
Leftwich will beat the Ravens this Sunday night. I rarely even call for a Steelers win, but I had a vision.

steelchamp204
11-13-2012, 02:58 PM
Lefty hasnt gotten reps at all this season, you guys act like he gets as many reps as Ben with the 1st stringers. Holy ****.

coldrolled
11-13-2012, 03:03 PM
NFL News

Free-agent quarterback David Garrard was a preseason favorite to start for the Miami Dolphins. That was before Ryan Tannehill bloomed and a knee injury threw Garrard's comeback attempt off course.

Fox Sports Insider and NFL Network contributor Jay Glazer reported Tuesday that Garrard is healthy and fully rehabbed from summer knee surgery. The veteran passer texted Glazer to say he's prepared to return to the field.

The timing is interesting. Garrard's availability lines up cleanly with a rash of injuries that might sideline up to four starters this weekend and beyond. Alex Smith, Michael Vick, Jay Cutler and Ben Roethlisberger are each dealing with injuries, but that doesn't mean Garrard's phone is about to light up.

LatrobePA
11-13-2012, 03:11 PM
Lefty is damn awful, I just hope the defense or ST's can score this week, that would certainly help!

No Troy so lets hope Clark is a go!

steelchamp204
11-13-2012, 03:22 PM
Lefty is damn awful, I just hope the defense or ST's can score this week, that would certainly help!

No Troy so lets hope Clark is a go!

Its that or Charlie I cant throw the ball more than 15 yards Batch. He will be fine, Christ, everyone keeps thinking he should play to the level of Ben. Maybe if the run game can get going since it was shut down we wouldnt have to put the ballgame on Lefty's shoulders. Am I correct?

LatrobePA
11-13-2012, 03:25 PM
Its that or Charlie I cant throw the ball more than 15 yards Batch. He will be fine, Christ, everyone keeps thinking he should play to the level of Ben. Maybe if the run game can get going since it was shut down we wouldnt have to put the ballgame on Lefty's shoulders. Am I correct?

An aggressive defense will feed off of his slow motion. Right, limit him to 15-20 passes and run the ball we stand a chance to hang. No one wants him to be Ben nor should he have to, just manage the game and I feel if the D steps up we will win!

steelchamp204
11-13-2012, 03:27 PM
An aggressive defense will feed off of his slow motion. Right, limit him to 15-20 passes and run the ball we stand a chance to hang. No one wants him to be Ben nor should he have to, just manage the game and I feel if the D steps up we will win!

Thats all Im saying. Im more worried about the run game than Lefty throwing the ball for us. If the run game doesnt get going and we fall behind and Left has to play catch up, then we are in deep ****. Control the clock. Noone is worried that we couldnt convert a 4th down lastnight or some 3rd downs and shorts with the run game? I havent heard that broughten up yet. No, all anyone wants to talk about is the backup QB. We had more issues than a backup qb lastnight.