PDA

View Full Version : Playing what-if's: If Ben is (gasp!) out for the season would you want Favre to replace him?

peoz
11-13-2012, 05:55 AM
Ok, this might seem a bit unconventional for a first thread, but here goes:

If things turn out to be bad for Ben (which hopefully wont be the case) would you want Lefty or Batch replacing him OR would you want the front office to hop down to Hattiesburg and get Brett Favre off the tracter. Who would give the Steelers a better chance for a playoff run?

Discuss :D

alfie
11-13-2012, 06:10 AM
It's unconventional to say the least but I like the idea. If Favre is in decent shape and doesn't get killed in the first three quarters he can throw it better than Lefty. After all Michael Vick was away from the game for a long time and he had a great first season with the Eagles. Obviously it won't happen but it would be fun to watch.

UKSTEELER
11-13-2012, 06:22 AM
batch

Stone
11-13-2012, 07:14 AM
NO I wouldn't want Favre if he were the only possible option.

coldrolled
11-13-2012, 07:23 AM
Lefty is a Tebow that cant run....

We better find someone fast now... this is what happens when you dont draft a young QB.

Now we could have 7 games coming up to groom a young backup.. but no.. we have two old losers...

So lets shop McNabb and Farve fast...

Ben is always hurt sometime in November.. Is that why we play the Ravens twice in november...

This sucks..

Nolrog
11-13-2012, 08:34 AM
Favre? SMH

terrible.towel43
11-13-2012, 08:37 AM
Is this a serious question? Favre? what year is this?

drucifer
11-13-2012, 08:38 AM
BOOM! Here's a guy that's too old to play football! :lol:

greg1964
11-13-2012, 08:52 AM
I would like to see Ben play this weekend: BUT if not we can still get it done with Leftwich/Batch: The Ravens defense is NOT was it use to be. In there last three games, they gave up a 200 rusher twice, They are without the best ILB and the best CB, Suggs is back, but in name only. He is like the Steelers James Harrison, YES he is out there, but not what he was, because they are hurt.

Raleigh Steel
11-13-2012, 08:55 AM
Why not jim Kelly or joe Montana? I'm sure they are abailable too.

Seriously, this is why I wanted them to draft Moore from Boise st. Would have made for a capable backup and could run Haley's offense.

Right now, our o-line better bring their big boy pants to work the rest if the year, cause we have to run the ball better than we did last night!

Gotta start batch! He's better than leftwich, although that's like saying Rachel Maddow is prettier than Sandra Bernhardt!

TEEMONT
11-13-2012, 09:00 AM
Stop....Leftwich was rusty....give the guy a week of preparation....

Steeler4life
11-13-2012, 09:20 AM
No freeking way!! I don't care if was till south of his 40's. Seen it all to many times with him, always intercepting the season away in a big spot.

I would rather see Maddox again over Farve in a Steelers uni.

elephantman
11-13-2012, 09:58 AM
is Jeff Garcia still around lol?

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 10:00 AM
I would rather see Maddox again over Farve in a Steelers uni.

Woah woah woah let's not get ahead of ourselves here

coldrolled
11-13-2012, 10:06 AM
I would like to see Ben play this weekend: BUT if not we can still get it done with Leftwich/Batch: The Ravens defense is NOT was it use to be. In there last three games, they gave up a 200 rusher twice, They are without the best ILB and the best CB, Suggs is back, but in name only. He is like the Steelers James Harrison, YES he is out there, but not what he was, because they are hurt.

Im a homer, but really..... We scored 6 points against the Chiefs.. With lefty...

Someone who can run and throw real quick short passes is needed right now...

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 10:09 AM
The problem with Lefty is that his wind up takes so long that by the time the ball is out of his hands the defense already knows where he's going with it. It's a huge crutch and one that's very hard to overcome for the entire offense.

coldrolled
11-13-2012, 10:23 AM
The problem with Lefty is that his wind up takes so long that by the time the ball is out of his hands the defense already knows where he's going with it. It's a huge crutch and one that's very hard to overcome for the entire offense.

He makes Tebows throwing motion look like Steve Young's

connecticutsteel
11-13-2012, 10:33 AM
I'm telling ya'll we shoulda kept Jerrod Johnson at least he could run and he was huge. but most of all young.Is there anyone not on a roster that knows Haley's offense? eventrhough that would never happen.

Steel4Real
11-13-2012, 11:39 AM
Surprised nobody mentions wanting Kurt Warner, since he played under Haley with the Cardinals.

Who would've been the emergency QB if Lefty went down last night. I think in years past it would have fallen to guys like Randle El who had some previous QB experience. Hines has thrown some passes before, maybe we bring him back. :)

Hopefully Ben will come back to us soon. Until then, I think I like Batch better (assuming he's healthy).

Stone
11-13-2012, 11:52 AM
Why not jim Kelly or joe Montana? I'm sure they are abailable too.

Seriously, this is why I wanted them to draft Moore from Boise st. Would have made for a capable backup and could run Haley's offense.

Right now, our o-line better bring their big boy pants to work the rest if the year, cause we have to run the ball better than we did last night!

Gotta start batch! He's better than leftwich, although that's like saying Rachel Maddow is prettier than Sandra Bernhardt!

How bout Bradshaw......could be his chance to upstage Ben:lol:

chisteeler
11-13-2012, 11:59 AM
I think the one thing that might be overlooked here, is how will the rest of the team respond in Ben's absence? We all know that with a week of practice that Lefty can be somewhat productive, compared to being just thrown into the mix like last night. I believe his job will be to manage the game and allow the OL and Defense to win the game. He will have to try to eliminate turnovers and let his running backs carry the work load. We'll see, stranger things have happened.

Steveo
11-13-2012, 12:07 PM
Perhaps the Jets would let go of Tebow, at least then we would have God on our side and possibly break up this string of bad luck.

K Train
11-13-2012, 07:48 PM
i wouldnt mind favre actually, leftwich is pretty horrible.

kurt warner would be the more intriguing option though seeing how he was so successful in haleys system

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 07:50 PM
I don't think Favre would come back is the problem with that. A different recently retired/let go QB would work.

K Train
11-13-2012, 07:53 PM
Warner
Garrard
Vince Young

are the only serviceable starters that come to mind

steelspikes
11-13-2012, 07:56 PM
Ok, this might seem a bit unconventional for a first thread, but here goes:

If things turn out to be bad for Ben (which hopefully wont be the case) would you want Lefty or Batch replacing him OR would you want the front office to hop down to Hattiesburg and get Brett Favre off the tracter. Who would give the Steelers a better chance for a playoff run?

Discuss :D
Dude, get real. Please, this blog isn't "fantasy football."