PDA

View Full Version : Mike Wallace's "knee" touchdown catch the best of his career?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2012, 01:42 AM
I know a lot of us get on Mike Wallace for not laying out for the ball, not being able to catch it in traffic, and what have you. I'm the first to admit I do it from time to time.

That catch tonight though, while in good coverage, laying out catching it with one hand and trapping it between his knees while staying in bounds was a highlight for anyone to be proud of .

Update: videos of catch in following posts.

Might be the best catch we've ever seen him make?

http://i45.tinypic.com/mt70ps.jpg

photo from the Post Gazette.

Big T
11-13-2012, 01:48 AM
Nope. He's terrible. He's a one-trick pony that can only run go routes. :greengrin:

Brilliant grab...

TarlsQtr
11-13-2012, 01:51 AM
A great EFFORT but the actual CATCH was pure luck. It is not like he was trying to catch it between his knees.

Rhyno
11-13-2012, 02:19 AM
OMG! HE CAN CATCH WITH HIS KNEES!! PAY HIM WHATEVER HE WANTS!!!!

Good and lucky. Glad he made it.

steelchamp204
11-13-2012, 03:19 AM
Im a supporter of Wallace, Yes the td was nice. 14 yards receiving though. They need to get him more involved. Somehow, besides bubble screens and long shots.

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 08:30 AM
r6vaR0nobrU

Speeed
11-13-2012, 09:05 AM
Luck? Huh? Maybe he catches that 1 time out of 10 but I think it was more skill than luck. Sure,there was a certain element of luck, but you can't do that with pure luck. I bet he did not say to himself "I am going to catch this ball between my legs this time." The throw developed the way it did and it looked to me as he reeled it in and begin to bobble the intentionally trapped it with his legs, rolled, and gained control while aware of the out of bounds line. That sir, is skill.

A great EFFORT but the actual CATCH was pure luck. It is not like he was trying to catch it between his knees.

BLACKandGOLD
11-13-2012, 09:14 AM
It's definitely just a flat out sick catch. That being said, there had to be some luck involve on that one. He is still a good receiver, not a great one. I like AB more than Wallace.

terrible.towel43
11-13-2012, 09:36 AM
I thought his best one was the fingertip catch he made last year when it was like a 40 yard pass, if anyone remembers what one I'm talking about

TarlsQtr
11-13-2012, 11:12 AM
Luck? Huh? Maybe he catches that 1 time out of 10 but I think it was more skill than luck. Sure,there was a certain element of luck, but you can't do that with pure luck. I bet he did not say to himself "I am going to catch this ball between my legs this time." The throw developed the way it did and it looked to me as he reeled it in and begin to bobble the intentionally trapped it with his legs, rolled, and gained control while aware of the out of bounds line. That sir, is skill.

Don't take my word for it. :-)

"I just tried to make a play on it," said Wallace. "I got lucky."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/gerry-dulacs-two-minute-drill-steelers-vs-chiefs-661890/

I would add though, that it does take skill to put yourself in the position of being lucky.

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 11:14 AM
How has nobody given me a thumbs up for the GB video yet?? That catch was ****ing awesome.

TarlsQtr
11-13-2012, 11:17 AM
LOL I JUST watched it and was about to! I had forgotten about it and the throw was as awesome as the catch!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2012, 11:51 AM
http://nesncom.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/mike-wallace.gif

Real Deal Steel
11-13-2012, 11:54 AM
It was an outstanding catch. But Wallace said himself, " I got lucky"

Going forward, Batch has to get the ball to Wallace if we have any chance of beating the Ratbirds.

Big T
11-13-2012, 11:59 AM
It was lucky that the ball bounced from his hand to inbetween his legs, but the showed fantastic awareness to grab the ball with his hands and secure it, while rolling, before he went out of bounds.

SnakeEyes43
11-13-2012, 12:40 PM
Last nights catch was his best "circus catch". The Green Bay game winner was his overall best moment, imo.

Speeed
11-13-2012, 12:43 PM
What is he gonna say ? "I got mad skillz" !

Either way, I sure am glad he caught the thing!

Don't take my word for it. :-)

"I just tried to make a play on it," said Wallace. "I got lucky."

http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/sports/steelers/gerry-dulacs-two-minute-drill-steelers-vs-chiefs-661890/

I would add though, that it does take skill to put yourself in the position of being lucky.

Zachintosh66
11-13-2012, 04:28 PM
shocked it stood honestly...

but hell ill take it

scudmissile29
11-13-2012, 04:34 PM
he's still not worth the money.

LatrobePA
11-13-2012, 04:57 PM
he's still not worth the money.

I'd been more impressed had he caught the TD pass right through his hands earlier in the game...

scudmissile29
11-13-2012, 05:08 PM
I'd been more impressed had he caught the TD pass right through his hands earlier in the game...

Yes this is what annoys me with Wallace.

He puts in a ****** performance and makes a lucky play each game or once every 3 weeks or so and people want to keep him.

Goodfrom55
11-13-2012, 05:10 PM
Awesome catch, made up for the drop he had on the long one earlier in the game.

tburg68
11-13-2012, 06:55 PM
The long pass that was two yards too long that barely went off his finger tips? Yeah that was a drop....... You people are incredible.

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 06:56 PM
The long pass that was two yards too long that barely went off his finger tips? Yeah that was a drop....... You people are incredible.

Wasn't a drop. I would have liked to see him make more of an effort though.

ChucktownSteeler
11-13-2012, 09:35 PM
How has nobody given me a thumbs up for the GB video yet?? That catch was ****ing awesome.

I agre and give you thumbs up. That was his best catch.

Blazedby92
11-13-2012, 11:00 PM
Well I guess if you have the case of the "sweeds" then why not use whatever else works

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-14-2012, 02:08 AM

If he lays out he makes that catch..if it was 2 yards too long how did he touch it??

steelchamp204
11-14-2012, 03:59 AM
If he lays out he makes that catch..if it was 2 yards too long how did he touch it??

It was asking alot of Mike to catch that ball. Im just going to leave it at that.

steelersbabex25
11-14-2012, 10:59 AM
It wasn't asking Mike to make a little bit more of an effort to catch that ball.

LatrobePA
11-14-2012, 11:05 AM
Need a huge game from Wallace this week...

Real Deal Steel
11-14-2012, 12:24 PM
Latrobe,

Don't start telling the WHOLE truth about Wallace. Because you'll get the Wallace ballwashers upset. Let's just focus on only the rose colored glasses part of Wallace. :lol:

Zachintosh66
11-14-2012, 12:51 PM

The ball was thrown over and behind him... he did make an effort... If Ben woulda lead him more to the right it would been a TD. Wallace was going from left to right and the ball was thrown over his head to his left shoulder. If he lays out he either misses the ball all together or lands akwardly and ends up hurt too. The throw was worse than the effort, plain and simple.
...and im a pro-AB guy

86WARD
11-17-2012, 06:05 PM
I find it hilarious that people are criticizng Wallace for all of a sudden having poor hands, poor route running, poor awareness, poor footwork...LMAO. Where were the critics earlier in his career? Funny what a holdout can do to a guy...

Big T
11-17-2012, 07:23 PM
I find it hilarious that people are criticizng Wallace for all of a sudden having poor hands, poor route running, poor awareness, poor footwork...LMAO. Where were the critics earlier in his career? Funny what a holdout can do to a guy...

This...

Big T
11-17-2012, 07:25 PM
The ball was thrown over and behind him... he did make an effort... If Ben woulda lead him more to the right it would been a TD. Wallace was going from left to right and the ball was thrown over his head to his left shoulder. If he lays out he either misses the ball all together or lands akwardly and ends up hurt too. The throw was worse than the effort, plain and simple.
...and im a pro-AB guy

Exactly. And just because a I'm not as critical as most about Wallace doesn't mean I'm not "pro-AB". Any Steeler fan should be. The man can ball. I just believe Wallace is unfairly criticized because of his holdout.