PDA

View Full Version : Ben or no Ben that was some terrible offense tonight

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2012, 12:01 AM
Credit the Chiefs, they were playing inspired, desperate football. They sold out to stop the run and for the most part they were successful. Mike Wallace was invisible after that TD catch, Sanders dropped some but had the big first down late in the game. Cotchery wasn't looked too very often.

Leftwich gets very few snaps during the week but they continued to try and throw because the Chiefs were selling out to stop the run. He was clearly rusty.

The max protect schemes were terrible, Ben and Lefty were under a lot of pressure and consequently no one was getting open either. Hell they couldn't even block a 3 man rush a few times.

It was ugly, damn ugly but it's a win.

Ben 9/18 for 84 yds, 1 TD. 3 near interceptions too on underthrown passes.
Leftwich 7/14 73 yds.

Dwyer - 19 rushes 56 yds
Redman - 8 rushes 21 yds

Heath 4 catches 47 yds
Sanders 2 catches 30 yds
Wallace 3 catches 14 yds 1 TD.

steelchamp204
11-13-2012, 12:04 AM
My main concern: Running the ball t convert on 3rd downs. That was pathetic tonight. The steelers could have iced the game in the 4th. What do they do? Run it out of shotgun formation. They couldnt even get 2 ****ing yards.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2012, 12:05 AM
It was an ugly game period and really the Steelers had no business winning this game.....They got every call to win the game really....So many bad calls went against the Chiefs tonight.....

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 12:05 AM
Leftwich 50%? Good for him.

SteelerCountry58
11-13-2012, 12:07 AM
Yeah, it's a win. One of those can't do anything right nights for the O.
D stepped up. They won this tonight. If we have to rely on Leftbitch I
shudder to watch in the coming weeks. Time to draft a young gun backup
sooner then later with this team. Hopefully Ben will be o.k.:crossfingers:

Big T
Everyone was invisible. Tough weather to score in regardless, but you take Ben out and put in Leftwich who looked like a f*cking rookie, you aren't going to score. Ben just overthrew Wallace on a sure TD, and Leftwich overthrew Wallace on two open deep balls. Ben and the offense were just starting to gel before he got hurt.

Any offense will have a game like this, even without their future hall of fame QB going out with an injury. Luckily the defense (outside of Ziggy f*cking Hood) showed up tonight.

CowherPower
This team was NOT ready to play tonight. They were sloppy and getting blown off the ball all too often on both sides of the line.

North Steel
11-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Please if ben cant go get batch in there,that windup is disgusting.

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 12:09 AM
Let's not forget that AB was also out. That's basically taking out 1/3 of all offensive power.

Big T
11-13-2012, 12:10 AM
This team was NOT ready to play tonight. They were sloppy and getting blown off the ball all too often on both sides of the line.

False. Ziggy Hood was getting blown off the ball. There's a reason why they ran to the right 750 straight plays. That was absolutely disgusting. There's no reason he should be starting.

steelchamp204
11-13-2012, 12:11 AM
Not making excuses here. The weather before the game when ESPN was doing the MNF countdown, looked ******. As sson as I saw the wind/rain I thought it would be a low scoring game. Thats what we got. Defense stepped up when called upon besides the 4th and 15. Otherwise they played very well. Hood got man handled throughout the game but towards the end he stepped up on a few plays. Can the real Oline please stand up though, especially the run blocking game.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2012, 12:11 AM
False. Ziggy Hood was getting blown off the ball. There's a reason why they ran to the right 750 straight plays. That was absolutely disgusting. There's no reason he should be starting.

Agree Big T.....I mean Heyward or Woods couldn't do any worse.....lol

TarlsQtr
11-13-2012, 12:47 AM
I believe we are being a little hard on a guy who has not played for three years. The entire O sucked tonight and blaming Lefty is over the top. His numbers were comparable to Ben's and his 3rd down throw to Cotch was huge.

The question I have is why did they forget about Heath after he had a killer first two drives. I do not believe they threw it his way at all the rest of the game.

Rhyno
11-13-2012, 01:12 AM
Leftbitch

That's a bit harsh.

Rhyno
11-13-2012, 01:14 AM
I believe we are being a little hard on a guy who has not played for three years. The entire O sucked tonight and blaming Lefty is over the top. His numbers were comparable to Ben's and his 3rd down throw to Cotch was huge.

Agreed. He could have been a lot worse. Handled himself pretty well tonight.

BLACKandGOLD
11-13-2012, 08:18 AM
Completely agree with you. I noticed how awful the offense was even with Ben. It was mostly the run game just flat out sucking. We run the ball perfectly last week against the Super Bowl champs and now this week we are getting stuffed 9 times out of 10 by the Chiefs defense. The inability to run the ball made Ben throw a little more than I would have liked in the rain. It just didn't look good. Play calling was the big thing i noticed too.

LatrobePA
11-13-2012, 08:39 AM
I said this before the game, they have a great pass rush and a new inspired DC, they gave us fits. With that said yes, Haley **** the bed last night, and everyone saw the real Redman, a lazy *** runner with no vision...

TarlsQtr
11-13-2012, 10:01 AM
I said this before the game, they have a great pass rush and a new inspired DC, they gave us fits. With that said yes, Haley **** the bed last night, and everyone saw the real Redman, a lazy *** runner with no vision...

If Dwyer had actually done something other than one decent run, I would agree. However, he could not get anything going either. It was a miserable performance by the entire offense.

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 10:03 AM
If Dwyer had actually done something other than one decent run, I would agree. However, he could not get anything going either. It was a miserable performance by the entire offense.

:plus1: Don't just put that on Redman. Not like Dwyer had a 100 yard 2 TD game either.

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 10:04 AM
In fact, statistically Dwyer and Redman did about the same. Around 2.5 YPC.

coldrolled
11-13-2012, 10:30 AM
The play calling was like an old BA game.. Haley seemed to be doing the reverse psychology stuff. Like he felt he knew they knew he knew his tendencies... like BA's games.....

Steveo
11-13-2012, 12:09 PM
It was an ugly game period and really the Steelers had no business winning this game.....They got every call to win the game really....So many bad calls went against the Chiefs tonight.....

Agree, the refs won that game for us tonight.