PDA

View Full Version : Roethlisberger right shoulder injury

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2012, 11:48 PM
Left the game after getting sandwiched and falling to the ground on his right shoulder. Headed to the locker room and then went for x rays.

It's never a good sign when the team orthopedist goes with you.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2012, 12:00 AM
I bet Ben is out for a period of time.......

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2012, 12:05 AM
ESPN just said Ben left the stadium with Ashley... either in labor or she's going with him to hospital for more shoulder evaluations.

Speeed
11-13-2012, 12:18 AM
Word is via agent "non-traditional injury." Whatever that is.

Big T
11-13-2012, 12:27 AM
ESPN just said Ben left the stadium with Ashley... either in labor or she's going with him to hospital for more shoulder evaluations.

@EdBouchette: Ben Roethlisberger at hospital now getting MRI. Agent Ryan Tollner says won't know extent until Doc Bradley sees it. Bradley at game.

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 12:47 AM
All I know is that he sure didn't look like he was in too much pain when they showed him in the tunnel. Hopefully just bruised or something to that extent. Not like we haven't seen Ben play with injuries before.

steelchamp204
11-13-2012, 12:48 AM
He will be back next week, if not next week then the Browns game

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2012, 12:50 AM
All I know is that he sure didn't look like he was in too much pain when they showed him in the tunnel. Hopefully just bruised or something to that extent. Not like we haven't seen Ben play with injuries before.

I think you're just wishful thinking....Like you said we have seen Ben play through all kinds of injuries......So for him not to at least come back in and actually leave the stadium for more x-rays say a lot to me that the injury is serious.....

connecticutsteel
11-13-2012, 12:52 AM
I'M still puzzled why we didn't keep Jarrod Johnson he was better than Dixon and certainly better than leftwich man it takes Leftwich a long time to wind up

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 12:52 AM
I think you're just wishful thinking....Like you said we have seen Ben play through all kinds of injuries......So for him not to at least come back in and actually leave the stadium for more x-rays say a lot to me that the injury is serious.....

Or just a precaution

cmerrifield
11-13-2012, 12:53 AM
He seemed to be in no pain, I think they thought, better safe than sorry, and decided to get this checked out. He will play this week against Ravens, probably went tonight because we already lost a day in preparation.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2012, 12:55 AM
Or just a precaution

I don't know....Leaving the stadium for more x-rays sounds more then just precaution.....I think precaution would have meant still seeing Ben on the sideline with his arm in a sling.......Remember to he did have a slight tear in his rotator cuff.........

LevonKirkland99
11-13-2012, 12:55 AM
He lookednfine in the tunnel as steelerbabe mentioned.... No need to jump into conclusions yet.

LatrobePA
11-13-2012, 12:57 AM
It's his throwing arm, any injury to that arm is serious!

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2012, 12:58 AM
Tomlin said in post game that he doesn't know where Ben is but he did say that he heard that Ben did leave the stadium for further right shoulder evaluations. Nothing about Ashley being in labor..LOL

steelchamp204
11-13-2012, 12:59 AM
I dont think Ben would fake an injury to get out of a game to go see the baby delivered lmfao. He would just leave.

Get7With7
I'm left wondering what the hell "non-traditional injury" means.

Black@Gold Forever32
Looking fine doesn't mean ****....lol This is the same guy that cameback to play with a high ankle sprain when it looked like his ankle was shattered......Same guy that played through a broken nose/foot......Same guy that played through a slight separated shoulder for most of the 2008 season.......We all know they have to tie Ben down for him to miss a game or even a few plays....lol All of sudden Ben is just going to be fine with missing snaps with a slight injury?.....I'm willing to bet its a serious injury maybe even a season ending injury for Ben....I'm just preparing for the worst..........

DIESELMAN
11-13-2012, 01:02 AM
It's his throwing arm, any injury to that arm is serious!

No doubt.....no sense taking chances, do the tests and see if anything is damaged. If nothing serious, we get the win and Ben back for the Ratbirds game. If it is serious.....get ready for the draft, c ya next season :greengrin:

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 01:04 AM
I think if this was the Ravens game he wouldn't have left.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2012, 01:06 AM
I'm just hoping Ben just suffered a stinger in his shoulder and really his arm just went numb with nothing serious......

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2012, 01:07 AM
But I think its a shoulder separation or a he did tear his rotator cuff completely..........

CowherPower
11-13-2012, 01:08 AM
Watching him get on the golf cart in the tunnel, his shoulder wasn't wrapped up and didn't appear to be in that much discomfort. *knock on wood*

nuclearchihuahuas
11-13-2012, 01:09 AM
I'm just hoping Ben just suffered a stinger in his shoulder and really his arm just went numb with nothing serious......

yes please GOD!

SteelerCountry58
11-13-2012, 01:11 AM
But I think its a shoulder separation or a he did tear his rotator cuff completely.......... Haha...christ man. You'd be a good hostage negotiator.:lol:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Haha...christ man. You'd be a good hostage negotiator.:lol:

Just preparing for the worst....I mean come on were talking about Ben here.....I have seen this guy play through so many injuries that it must be serious for him to not return to the game and even leave the stadium for more x-rays.......Ben is liquid terminator......lol I just have this sick feeling in my stomach........

SteelerCountry58
11-13-2012, 01:16 AM
Just preparing for the worst....I mean come on were talking about Ben here.....I have seen this guy play through so many injuries that it must be serious for him to not return to the game and even leave the stadium for more x-rays.......Ben is liquid terminator......lol I just have this sick feeling in my stomach........
I hear ya. He wasn't wrapped up in the tunnel,so I'm hoping it was just precautionary and a stinger.

Ibleedblk&gld
11-13-2012, 01:17 AM
can we start a poll on whether or not his wife went into labor? he was out of the stadium and on the way to the hospital "with his wife" within 10 min. of leaving the field...not to mention they hyped it up before the game on how much he stressed to ownership that he would not miss his child's birth...just sayin

steelchamp204
11-13-2012, 01:18 AM
can we start a poll on whether or not his wife went into labor? he was out of the stadium and on the way to the hospital "with his wife" within 10 min. of leaving the field...not to mention they hyped it up before the game on how much he stressed to ownership that he would not miss his child's birth...just sayin

His wife is not having the baby!!! Holy ****.

Big T
11-13-2012, 01:20 AM
@AdamSchefter: Steelers officials have not been told anything about Ben Roethlisberger having a separated shoulder. They have been told it is sprained.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2012, 01:21 AM
I hear ya. He wasn't wrapped up in the tunnel,so I'm hoping it was just precautionary and a stinger.

Yea I'm hoping its just a stinger to and he just lost feeling in his arm/shoulder.......But we do know Ben has been playing with a slight tear in his rotator cuff all season.....So its possible that it could have completely torn but I would think Ben would have been in some serious pain so I don't know....Plus a separation isn't out of the question either......I just know I can't sleep now not knowing what is going on with Ben....lol I really hate not knowing....lol

Ibleedblk&gld
11-13-2012, 01:23 AM
@AdamSchefter: Steelers officials have not been told anything about Ben Roethlisberger having a separated shoulder. They have been told it is sprained

Ben at hospital. Maybe shoulder will turn out to be separated. But all Steelers have been told so far is it is sprained

Ibleedblk&gld
11-13-2012, 01:24 AM
@AdamSchefter: Steelers officials have not been told anything about Ben Roethlisberger having a separated shoulder. They have been told it is sprained.

beat me to it

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2012, 01:24 AM
Well if its just a sprained AC joint then Ben will play Sunday night.....Ben has played through a sprained AC joint before......

Big T
11-13-2012, 01:30 AM
Well if its just a sprained AC joint then Ben will play Sunday night.....Ben has played through a sprained AC joint before......

I will pray tonight lol...

floodcitygirl
11-13-2012, 01:31 AM
Holy crap. Why can it never just be easy with this team?!

LevonKirkland99
11-13-2012, 01:47 AM
@AdamSchefter: Steelers officials have not been told anything about Ben Roethlisberger having a separated shoulder. They have been told it is sprained

Ben at hospital. Maybe shoulder will turn out to be separated. But all Steelers have been told so far is it is sprained

This is what Dilfert guessed after the game. He mentioned there are different levels, so hopefully its not that bad. Gotta stay positive...

pmdracer
11-13-2012, 02:05 AM
Holy crap. Why can it never just be easy with this team?!
No kidding, I was just saying the same thing to my wife. Just once I'd like to see a Steelers team blow out an opponent and then cruise through the playoffs. It always seems like they take the hard way though.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Can't ever make it easy on ourselves. All I can say is Ben better be ready. I don't care if it's at home or not, you don't win division games with a backup qb.

terrible.towel43
11-13-2012, 02:13 AM
I'M still puzzled why we didn't keep Jarrod Johnson he was better than Dixon and certainly better than leftwich man it takes Leftwich a long time to wind up

this is what I was saying during the game. He played pretty well during the preseason. Leftwhich was just terrible tonight, he could barely get a first down against one of the worst D's in the league. Meanwhile Batch is a wasted roster spot

Rhyno
11-13-2012, 02:23 AM
this is what I was saying during the game. He played pretty well during the preseason. Leftwhich was just terrible tonight, he could barely get a first down against one of the worst D's in the league. Meanwhile Batch is a wasted roster spot

Not saying he played great, but he did just about as well as anybody else on offense. The whole squad/coaches stunk it up.

aaronsmith91
11-13-2012, 02:46 AM
Looking fine doesn't mean ****....lol This is the same guy that cameback to play with a high ankle sprain when it looked like his ankle was shattered......Same guy that played through a broken nose/foot......Same guy that played through a slight separated shoulder for most of the 2008 season.......We all know they have to tie Ben down for him to miss a game or even a few plays....lol All of sudden Ben is just going to be fine with missing snaps with a slight injury?.....I'm willing to bet its a serious injury maybe even a season ending injury for Ben....I'm just preparing for the worst..........

Man so ****ing true!

floodcitygirl
11-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Well that was one lousy nights sleep. Wonder how long they'll make us wait?

SnakeEyes43
11-13-2012, 10:15 AM
I think Lefty will look much better with a full week of practice w/ the starters under his belt. If we can get Mendy, Dwyer, and Redman all going 100 percent, we should be fine.

When Ben is gone, we have to establish the run game. If not, the Ravens games will be 100 times tougher.

steelersbabex25
11-13-2012, 10:46 AM
They're saying the injury is, "unusual." That doesn't sound good to me.

LatrobePA
11-13-2012, 10:58 AM

It honestly didn't look all that bad to me. Hopefully they'll rub some dirt on it and he'll be fine..

SnakeEyes43
11-13-2012, 11:06 AM

Maybe it's unusual in a good way...?

:pray:

terrible.towel43
11-13-2012, 11:07 AM
@EdBouchette: Now what? Byron Leftwich likely to play sunday night at QB for the #steelers vs the #ravens

Well looks like were 6-4

coldrolled
11-13-2012, 11:18 AM
@EdBouchette: Now what? Byron Leftwich likely to play sunday night at QB for the #steelers vs the #ravens

Well looks like were 6-4

Byron cant get out of his own way....

Our OL better have a banner day like the Giants game and mow over the DL.

We need 225 yards rushing in this one.

floodcitygirl
11-13-2012, 11:28 AM
Just heard on ESPN that a "source" who was with Ben throughout his time at the hospital, says that it is a significant injury that will take some time to heal although it won't be officially diagnosed until later today.

teeceemadison
11-13-2012, 11:48 AM

Well looks like were 6-4

im not throwin in the towel yet....lefty gets a week with the first stringers under his belt, off we go, The Standard is the Standard.

Real Deal Steel
11-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Shoulder Seperations are 3 weeks to 5 weeks.

terrible.towel43
11-13-2012, 12:19 PM
Shoulder Seperations are 3 weeks to 5 weeks.

not necessarily. There are 6 types that range in severity. Vast majority is a few weeks however types 4-6 are uncommon and involve the tearing of the AC muscles muscles in the shoulder and neck. In this case surgery must be performed

Stone
11-13-2012, 12:50 PM
Update just on ESPN....Ben is very sore and the Steelers fear a serious injury.

LatrobePA
11-13-2012, 12:54 PM
Not looking good! Heard some rat fans laughing and poking jokes about it! Karma is a mother blanker!

Steveo
11-13-2012, 01:03 PM
Not a doctor, but couldn't serious shoulder injury effect his arm strength even after recovery?

coldrolled
11-13-2012, 01:13 PM
Serious could also be that hes not playing this week. Thats Serious enough for the season in our division.

We need to beat the ravens twice and the browns.. That was our window of hope...

Wheres that chuncky soup guy McNabb?

SnakeEyes43
11-13-2012, 01:16 PM
http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/post/_/id/58970/tomlin-big-ben-questionable-for-ravens

Like BRC stated, no real news. Just Tomlin being Tomlin.

Is it officially a sprain, or does Tomlin still not really know?

BlitzburghRockCity
11-13-2012, 01:17 PM
Redirecting this one to the new Ben status thread..LOL

http://www.steeleraddicts.com/forum/showthread.php/36706-Ben-Roethlisberger-officially-listed-as-Questionable-for-Ravens-game