PDA

View Full Version : I can see this being a trap game

scudmissile29
11-12-2012, 12:39 PM
I see a lot of people predicting a blow-out game against the Chiefs.

For one reason everyone thinks were going to drop 50 points on the Chiefs because Haley's "pissed" about getting run out of town prior to the end of his contract.

Others think about the 14 straight home game wins on MNF (that streak will eventually come to an end/ and could in the next 8 hours)

You know, we probably and MOST DEFINITELY should win this game but these games are always trap games.

You have to becareful of Jamaal Charles and there's other threats around like Eric Berry making big plays.

Just saying, everyone thinks we have this game in the bag

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Duh man, everybody knows this is a trap game..lol. Anytime you get everyone predicting a blow out there's bound to be trouble. Based on last year alone we know this game could be trouble. Play to your capabilities and this one is a cakewalk. make mental errors and leave plays on the field and we're in trouble.

Real Deal Steel
11-12-2012, 01:33 PM
I think after the Raiders and Titans debacle, they'll be focused on tonight's game.

Real Deal Steel
11-12-2012, 01:34 PM
I get a good feeling knowing that Matt Cassell is a turnover machine.

scudmissile29
11-12-2012, 01:38 PM
I get a good feeling knowing that Matt Cassell is a turnover machine.

LOL! so was Mv7, but he had his statistical best game of the season against the "#1 pass defense" in football that day.

Get7With7
11-12-2012, 01:50 PM
If this were a road game, then I'd be on upset alert. However, since it is a home game, and on MNF, I think the Steelers get it done against the team that will most likely be drafting Matt Barkley.

If you're looking for a trap game, I'd be more concerned about the Browns game. It's right between the two Ravens games, and Ben's son might be born around that time.

LatrobePA
11-12-2012, 02:13 PM
Chiefs have a new DC, this team will have a new look on defense.

K Train
11-12-2012, 02:20 PM
chiefs still owe haley a lot of money, i think haley pours it on his former team.

might be a rare blowout win

Goodfrom55
11-12-2012, 02:53 PM
I'll take the blowout any day of the week, and I'm fairly confident the Steelers will win by more than 2 scores. Interesting factoid in this game is the weather is supposed to be nasty - could be an unfriendly neutralizer.

Goodfrom55
11-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Chiefs have a new DC, this team will have a new look on defense.

Perhaps a few new wrinkles, but they are not going to learn a brand new defense in a week. As long as the Steelers control the LOS on both sides of the ball and don't allow any splash plays on special teams, this game should not be close.

LatrobePA
11-12-2012, 02:57 PM
chiefs still owe haley a lot of money, i think haley pours it on his former team.

might be a rare blowout win

Will Tomlin allow this? Or does he keep it civilized?

Goodfrom55
11-12-2012, 03:19 PM
Civil my butt - this game had better be out of reach by halftime.

LatrobePA
11-12-2012, 03:20 PM

Dude I agree 1 million %, does Tomlin allow it???

SnakeEyes43
11-12-2012, 03:37 PM

I hope so, that way I can go to bed. All these nailbiters that don't get done until midnight make for horrid work days!

Big T
11-12-2012, 03:40 PM
Dude I agree 1 million %, does Tomlin allow it???

Well, Tomlin sure as **** isn't John Harbaugh and won't run a fake field goal while up over three touchdowns, as he did against Oakland yesterday. But if the opportunity is there to score points, with how this team has lost close games this season, why not give yourself a comfortable lead if you can? It's not like they'll be throwing bombs to Wallace if they're up by 3 scores in the last few minutes.

LatrobePA
11-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Well, Tomlin sure as **** isn't John Harbaugh and won't run a fake field goal while up over three touchdowns, as he did against Oakland yesterday. But if the opportunity is there to score points, with how this team has lost close games this season, why not give yourself a comfortable lead if you can? It's not like they'll be throwing bombs to Wallace if they're up by 3 scores in the last few minutes.

Right. If we score on a TO or return it is what it is but Tomlin will not do the douche **** the hairball dicks do.

Goodfrom55
11-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Hopefully it is reminiscent of the Steelers Ravens MNF game a few years ago where the Steelers led 35-0 at the half. I know Tomlin doesn't care about style points, or a point spread, but no reason to let these guys hang around. I say he lets the Steelers get up by 17, then calls off the dogs - hope I'm right.

LarryNJ
11-12-2012, 04:41 PM
The only trap this game better be is a trap between dinner and getting to the bar before last call after the game.

steelchamp204
11-12-2012, 05:32 PM
Thi game is not a trap game, the team should have learned after the Raiders/Titans games. They will be fully prepared for this. I wouldnt be suprised is this was a blowout by halftime. Just my gut feeling.

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-12-2012, 06:23 PM
Exactly the kind of game the Steelers love to lose. Show me something different. Please.

coldrolled
11-12-2012, 07:34 PM
Rams - 49ers... Who knows what can happen, same old saying Any given Sunday...

We will play a conservative game.

Goodfrom55
11-12-2012, 07:37 PM
The level of conservativness or aggressiveness will be determined by weather and field position. I confess that if this game was in KC, I would be pretty concerned.

With Tennessee and Oakland still in the minds of the players and coaches, I just don't see a let down here.

Nolrog
11-12-2012, 07:47 PM
That's what I like about you Flame. You're always so predictably positive.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-12-2012, 07:57 PM
I think Haley is going to stick it to the Chiefs tonight...If the Steelers don't beat themselves then it should be a blow out.....

Big T
11-12-2012, 08:22 PM
With the weather it probably won't be a very high scoring game now.

steelchamp204
11-12-2012, 08:22 PM
The weather is horrible in Pitt, hopefully we can still run the ball great this week as we have been doing for a couple of weeks now.

scudmissile29
11-13-2012, 11:31 AM
LOL at people thinking the Steelers were going to blow out the Chiefs,

Chiefs should of had those two touchdowns IMO, they deserved it.

Steelers were as I thought they were, bullshit and without Ben, kiss these playoffs down the drain as we definitley get sweeped by Ratbirds without Ben.

With also predicted losses against Dallas and San Diego, we finish a respectable 9-7 but not good enough for the playoffs. And if we do reach the playoffs, one and done.

Bon Voyage 2012 season. This must be the worst win next morning ever.

Now will the people stop ****ing predicting blowouts against lesser opponents and have respect for the whole league and not the Steelers?

scudmissile29
11-13-2012, 11:37 AM
That's what I like about you Flame. You're always so predictably positive.

the game almost went to **** tonight, admit it.

Until I am satisfied with the team getting some draft picks in needed place, I won't change my stance on the team and we won't amount to anything more than living in a past dream.

Troyisabeast_43
11-13-2012, 08:55 PM
LOL at people thinking the Steelers were going to blow out the Chiefs,

Chiefs should of had those two touchdowns IMO, they deserved it.

Steelers were as I thought they were, bullshit and without Ben, kiss these playoffs down the drain as we definitley get sweeped by Ratbirds without Ben.

With also predicted losses against Dallas and San Diego, we finish a respectable 9-7 but not good enough for the playoffs. And if we do reach the playoffs, one and done.

Bon Voyage 2012 season. This must be the worst win next morning ever.

Now will the people stop ****ing predicting blowouts against lesser opponents and have respect for the whole league and not the Steelers?
Yea man maybe the Steelers shouldnt even consider showing up on Sunday against the Ravens since they have absolutely zero chance of winning according to you. Maybe they should just forfeit like a bunch of little bitches. Ill admit I did take the Chiefs for granted I wont lie, but the bottom line is at the end of the day the Steelers ended up getting what they needed to get at the end of the night going into this Ravens game and that is a Win. This game this weekend is still here at home and the Ravens are still going to have a hard time coming in here and winning even with Ben not playing. The Ravens can be had and their D is not very good. If Lefty can play well and get some confidence going on early he has a chance to make some plays and have a lot of success in this game. I still like the Steelers to find a way to win this game at home. I dont see them losing to the Ravens at home 3 years in a row no matter if Ben plays or not they will find a way to win this one mark it down...Come Monday morning the Steelers will be in 1st place in the North...

Speeed
11-13-2012, 09:27 PM
That was an understatement. It was a meat grinding carnival of the grotesque.

LevonKirkland99
11-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Flame, if you wanna crown the Ravens...go ahead crown them. A win is a win is a win. You should be routing for the Texans, 8-1, that ' ll make you happy

steelchamp204
11-14-2012, 01:20 AM
Im just going to stop posting and being optimistic about anything, this season is over.

LatrobePA
11-14-2012, 10:03 AM
We've been able to hang with all the injuries but I feel like this one with Ben will be the back breaker that sinks the season... I don't have a good feeling!