PDA

View Full Version : The Steelers get a lot of help today to improve their playoff positioning...

Troyisabeast_43
11-11-2012, 04:07 PM
The Steelers indeed do get some help today in terms of gaining a 2 game lead on the teams closest to them in the chase for one of those two wildcard spots. Even though the Bengals did end up beating the Giants today and are now 4-5 the Steelers still own the head to head tiebraker over them. Also, both the Chargers and Dolphins who both came into today at 4-4 lose and both fall to 4-5 and even though the Titans win and improve to 4-6 the Steelers still own a two game lead on them. So with all that being said, assuming the Steelers win tomorrow night against the Chiefs and improve to 6-3 they will have a 2 games lead over 3 teams that are 4-5 the Chargers,Dolphins,and Bengals. A 2.5 game lead on the Titans who are now 4-6 and assuming both the Bills and Jets lose today will have a 3 game lead on those 2 teams. So the Steelers didnt play today but as long as they win tomorrow night against the Chiefs their odds of at least getting a wildcard playoff spot got a lot better this weekend...

RIVERS OF STEEL
11-11-2012, 04:43 PM
"assuming both the Bills and Jets lose today" quote from Troysabeast_43.... Half way there on this one. Bills choke.

Nolrog
11-11-2012, 05:58 PM
Steelers were not helped by Baltimore and Cincy. The only playoff positioning they should be shooting for is the division.

LatrobePA
11-11-2012, 08:50 PM
Lets hope the broncos start losing, I don't want to have to go there to play a PO game!

SteelerCountry58
11-11-2012, 09:27 PM
We just need to take care of our own business. Can't overlook the Chiefs and then
smack the Rats when they come to town. We're starting to gel at the right time and
getting back some playmakers will be an added bonus. I don't care who looks "great"
one week etc... The NFL week to week is crazy unpredictable.

Real Deal Steel
11-12-2012, 12:23 AM
we need these next 4 games. Period.

BlitzburghRockCity
11-12-2012, 08:34 AM
Finally the football gods are at least not completely hating us and we're gaining ground now on the rest of the conference. The best path to the post season is win the AFC North so we need to keep this momentum going tonight. No hiccups, no stupid plays that cost us the game. Go out there tonight and take care of business.

elephantman
11-12-2012, 09:19 AM
Lets hope the broncos start losing, I don't want to have to go there to play a PO game!

no shiite! ..right from my TV screen Denver actually looks like a tough place to play -thats regardless of R Clarke factor , - i'd rather go to Foxborough , Balt , or Houston...

Real Deal Steel
11-12-2012, 10:29 AM
I agree. No more Denver trips.

Troyisabeast_43
11-12-2012, 05:38 PM
Steelers were not helped by Baltimore and Cincy. The only playoff positioning they should be shooting for is the division.No they werent but I am not going to look ahead to passing up the Ravens and starting to focus on winning this division and maybe getting a bye week until the Steelers beat the Ravens next Sunday at home. The Bengals winning yesterday isnt that big of a deal because the Steelers own the head to head tiebraker over them and are still games up on them in the standings. The main focus at this point before these 2 Ravens games is to put yourself in position to at least get one of the 2 wildcard spots. And with the Chargers,Dolphins,Bills,and Jets all losing yesterday and even though the Bengals and Titans both won the Steelers are still 2 games up on both of them the Steelers road to a playoff spot got a little bit easier yesterday.

Troyisabeast_43
11-12-2012, 05:41 PM
I agree. No more Denver trips.
The Steelers are going to have to have one more win then the Broncos when it comes to getting a better seed then them in order to get a bye week and avoid going to Denver because the Broncos own the head to head tiebraker because of the win on opening night. That looms large right now and you are absolutely right when you say you dont want to have to go play another playoff game in Denver because if you do it means no Ryan Clark and that is a huge huge blow to the Steelers chances in that game if that should happen once again...

Goodfrom55
11-12-2012, 06:39 PM
Steelers are a much different team now than they were 10 weeks ago. Will Allen (SO FAR) has done pretty well on "D".