PDA

View Full Version : Sunday afternoon game talk

Troyisabeast_43
11-11-2012, 08:42 AM
In terms of improving the Steelers chances to at least make the playoffs and for a few games today to help the Steelers chances in terms of getting that number 1 or 2 seed in the AFC. The Chargers who are 4-4 play at Tampa,the Bengals who are 3-5 play the Giants at home,the Broncos who are 5-3 like the Steelers but of course own the head to head tiebraker play at Carolina,the Texans who are 7-1 play at Chicago tonight. Other games that effect the Steelers are the Titans at Miami where you should root for the Titans seeing Tennessee is 3-6 and Miami is 4-4.

We always want the Patriots and Ravens to lose which of course we will root for them to do today and every week. But just keep an eye on all of these NFC teams today playing teams in the AFC that will have something to do with improving the Steelers playoff chances and positioning....Just a little something to do and look forward to today if you are bored with no Steelers game and dont know which games to watch or keep an eye on. Hopefully this will help you out...

TESS743
11-11-2012, 10:29 AM
I'm looking at ESPN and jaworski was asked what has been the problem with eli lately. This idiot says that eli's arm is tired. He said he has watched tapes of last week and eli has not been making the throws because his arm is tired. I guess the steeler's defense has nothing to do with eli making bad throws. Nobody has really given the steelers defense any credit.

Clevelandsux
11-11-2012, 10:52 AM
jaws is just pissed because he played for the wrong pa. team.

Big T
11-11-2012, 11:24 AM
The Steelers defense played great, but Manning did miss a few throws.

Clevelandsux
11-11-2012, 11:31 AM
our secondary was also pounding his receivers too.

Nolrog
11-11-2012, 01:38 PM
Did someone tell the Giants they were playing on Monday night or something? They haven't shown up so far. Two huge plays in the game, and they are trailing Cincy 14-3. Wow.

Nolrog
11-11-2012, 02:25 PM
17-6 at the half.

Troyisabeast_43
11-11-2012, 02:33 PM
Well this game has pretty much gone the way I and many of us expected with the Raiders pretty much having no chance at all to win in Baltimore. They are down 27-10 at the half. I seriously hope we sweep these ****ers this season and end this Baltimore winning streak at home which will be at 16 games in a row after their win today over the Raiders. The last team to beat the Ravens at home was the Steelers in 2010 on that Sunday night game which essentially won them the division. The Ravens have had a couple of close calls at home this season and are way way overdue to lose at home. The Ravens have a ton of injuries and are just not playing that good period. I think the Steelers if they play the way they have been playing the last month or so really have a chance to sweep the Ravens the next few weeks and end that winning at home for the Ravens which is starting to get on my nerves...

scudmissile29
11-11-2012, 02:57 PM
and the way we have been playing?

With the Bengals beating the Giants, the Giants win doesn't look that great.

Troyisabeast_43
11-11-2012, 03:10 PM
The Steelers offense has been playing great the last 3 games they have won and should put up 30 plus points on this Ravens defense as bad as the Ravens have looked on defense the last month or so. Plus, Flacco and this Ravens offense for as great as it has looked today wont look anything like this next week in Pittsburgh seeing that the Ravens and especially Flacco have horrible numbers on the road. Watching the Raiders play today there is no reason what so ever that the Steelers should have lost to them and given up 34 points to them in doing so. The Raiders other two wins this season are against the Jags and Chiefs two of the worst teams in the NFL.

LevonKirkland99
11-11-2012, 03:11 PM
I can't believe we lost to Oakland, looking how the Ravens are having a field day with them...

coldrolled
11-11-2012, 03:12 PM
Maybe the Ravens home field headsets are bugged...

jpele
11-11-2012, 03:15 PM
I wonder if J. Tuck is being held. LMAO

Another blatant helmet to helmet not called. Guess that penalty only exsist when the Steeler defense is on the field
Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

TESS743
11-11-2012, 03:16 PM
Yeah, the mighty Giants getting their butts whipped. I have,nt heard anyone give the steelers credit for beating them last week. Now, that the Bengals are beating them, I wonder what excuse they will give the Giants now. By the way, the Bengals do have a pretty good defense.

LevonKirkland99
11-11-2012, 03:20 PM
Up 41-17 and they fake the field goal...really? What's the point? Classless

TESS743
11-11-2012, 03:23 PM

I don't think that it takes anything away from the steelers win. We beat them good. Don't forget that the score would have been higher if not for the officials trying to give them the game.

Raleigh Steel
11-11-2012, 03:33 PM

We beat the bengals in their house and dominated the giants in their house. How is the giants win not that great?

Troyisabeast_43
11-11-2012, 03:39 PM
Up 41-17 and they fake the field goal...really? What's the point? Classless
The Ravens schedule is going to get much tougher the next 3 weeks having to come here to play the Steelers, fly all the way out West to play the Chargers who destroyed them out there last season and will desperately need to win that game in 2 weeks,and then turn right back around and fly home and get ready for the Steelers in Baltimore. The Steelers even though they play the Chiefs tomorrow kind of get an unlucky break having to prepare for the Ravens on a short week, well the Ravens will get screwed having to travel out West in between Steelers games. Hopefully the Ravens who are now up 55-20 are shooting their load today and getting all these points this week when they dont need them and wont have nearly as many next week when they meet the Steelers...

TESS743
11-11-2012, 03:41 PM
Eli Manning looks inept out there.

Troyisabeast_43
11-11-2012, 03:47 PM
We beat the bengals in their house and dominated the giants in their house. How is the giants win not that great?I agree the Giants are still a pretty good team and know how to win in December when it counts and they will be a factor in the playoff chase in the NFC and bounce back. Im actually glad the Giants are playing this bad now and losing a few games in a row like this now in mid-November because they play the Ravens in Baltimore 2 days before Christmas in December and I am going to guess they are going to be playing a lot better then they are playing now and hopefully they will save their best football for when they play the Ravens late in the year...

troy96
11-11-2012, 03:52 PM
I hate both the Raiders and the Giants.

I am enjoying watching 2 of our division teams beat them mercilessly.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-11-2012, 04:32 PM
Like other NFL QB's arms are not tired Jaws?....How about 2008 when Ben played most of the year with a slight separation in his throwing shoulder which clearly effected the velocity on his throws......I swear some of the excuses made for some QB's just crack me up......lol But nobody ever gives Ben the benefit of the doubt....lol

Speeed
11-11-2012, 09:58 PM
I am watching the Bears and Texans. The replay officials just reviewed the throw by Cutler to see if he was past the line of scrimmage in completion of a forward pass. The announcers just stated that the replay officials did not have the benefit of the computer generated first down and scrimmage lines. I was floored -

The league goes through all of this trouble to analyze each replay frame by frame but yet includes no digitally enhanced replays? I ask then what it is the point if they want to make the call as accurately as possible. That is totally stupid. Really totally stupid. Beyond totally stupid. As a result, my beer drinking, armchair coaching self has a better view of the replay than the guys supposedly making the call? And that helmet to helmet was not a penalty because . . .

I just don't get the NFL rules. It is like politics. Make some general rules that seem to be serviceable, just interpret them to suit your needs. Frustrating . . .